Spring forward.
To delete this message, click the X at top right.

New forum - White Supremacists

Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: as seen on qvc zombie apocalypse

New forum - White Supremacists

Post by Foggy »

I struggled as to where to put this ... maybe should be under Worst of the Right Wing Pieholes, but these aren't just pieholes, they are violent. And they are absolutely growing in numbers and importance.

I should also have a subforum under Current Politics about the Christian Dominionists or Christian Nationalists or whatever the best name is for the movement to impose "Christian" authority over government. Except, of course, that movement has very little to do with actual Christianity, IMHO.

Comments, por favor.
Out from under. :thumbsup:
Suranis

Re: New forum - White Supremacists

Post by Suranis »

I think its great that we get a forum.

Why is everyone looking at me like that? Look, all I am saying is that we Irish are supremely white and you should just admit it, and giving me I mean us a forum is just the best thing for everyone.
Hic sunt dracones
northland10
Verified: ✅ I'm me.

Post by northland10 »

You could call the Christian Dominionists one just Domionists or possibly Republic of Gilead.

I tend to refer to Dominionists as Christian Domionists (CD) which I suppose maybe I should stop doing to make a point. I also still use the term Christian Identity even though they have nothing in common with Christianity.

Servants of Satan, while probably a better description, may be a little harsh.
101010 :towel:
Kriselda Gray
Verified:

Post by Kriselda Gray »

I'd put both under Current Politics. They are right-wing movements, but as you said, they're more than just pieholes. In addition, both groups are wanting to have a major impact on - if not outright take over - as much of our political structure and functions as they can.
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

northland10 wrote: Fri Jun 17, 2022 8:37 am You could call the Christian Dominionists one just Domionists or possibly Republic of Gilead.

I tend to refer to Dominionists as Christian Domionists (CD) which I suppose maybe I should stop doing to make a point. I also still use the term Christian Identity even though they have nothing in common with Christianity.

Servants of Satan, while probably a better description, may be a little harsh.
Not harsh at all.

Definitely not "Christian."
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

Seriously and honestly, I have zero problem with them being called Christian X. Its a bit like nationalists or Hegel style philosophers claiming that the Nazis were a distortion or mutation of what they truly believe. Which might be true, but they built on that foundation to create their movement and molded their rhetoric to appeal to that foundation.

I would prefer Christian Fascists however, as that seems to fit the most.

Similarly the Bundy's should be called LDS or Mormon Fascists as they grow out of that tradition.
Hic sunt dracones
Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

Suranis wrote: Fri Jun 17, 2022 8:35 am I think its great that we get a forum.

Why is everyone looking at me like that? Look, all I am saying is that we Irish are supremely white and you should just admit it, and giving me I mean us a forum is just the best thing for everyone.
My Irish ancestors approve this message. :biggrin:
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

I don't know where I first heard the term, but I have always liked the term Christianists. I hate that they are called Christian anything. There would probably have to be a modifier even around that term to make it more clear.
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
bill_g
Verified: ✅ Checked Republic ✓ ᵛᵉʳᶦᶠᶦᵉᵈ

Post by bill_g »

Well, there are Christians that attack others for not being Christian, or the wrong kind of Christian, just like there are Muslims that attack others for not being Muslim, or the wrong kind of Muslim, and Hindus that attack non-Hindus, etc etc etc. Seems to be an innate human characteristic. Ask Coptics if they are feeling the love from Catholics, or Mormons from Southern Baptists especially last Century prior to them heading to Utah. The Prince of Peace has a lot of pissed off followers.
Foggy
Dick Tater

Post by Foggy »

Oh cool, we're already arguing about the name I should give to the next subforum I create. :lol:

I'ma call it "Christians Who Want To Be The Boss of Me", but that leaves TRL and the mousie out of the deal. :batting:

But the real problem is, we do talk about the Christian X/Dominionist/Nationalist/Fascist Servants of Satan, but I don't know if we have any threads devoted to discussing the phenomenon, and the usual order of things in the Universe is that if you're gonna have a forum you oughta have some threads in it.

In case you want to think about the big picture, my overall plan is to see what people are interested in and thinking about over a period of time, and then I try to bring some sorta half-assed organization to it all.

So anyway, there's no rush on making another subforum unless we have a thread devoted to the subject.

But white supremacists are becoming more of a force in this great land of ours, and I suppose it's partly because us pale people are slowly but surely becoming a minority. Ask V and filly (when she returns), they live in Texas, where white people are already down to 41.2% of the population.
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

What interests me is what is driving people to these groups. What do these groups give that they cannot get elsewhere? I have my own theories, but if I mentioned them I would be shouted down and screamed at for blaming people. :lol:
Hic sunt dracones
Foggy
Dick Tater

Post by Foggy »

:violin: :crying:

Oh, let's scream at you and shout you down anyway, we know what you would say. :thumbsup: :lol:
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

Well that saves me the effort of typing. :thumbsup:
Hic sunt dracones
Foggy
Dick Tater

Post by Foggy »

Yeah, you are very welcome. :bighug:

So now I expanded the dang thing to include neo-Fascists and moved the Proud Boys thread in here. I'm going to have to arm myself if I keep this kind of company.

Still working on organizing the joint ...
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

Tiredretiredlawyer wrote: Fri Jun 17, 2022 10:57 am
Suranis wrote: Fri Jun 17, 2022 8:35 am I think its great that we get a forum.

My Irish ancestors approve this message. :biggrin:
Off Topic
Screen Shot 2022-06-17 at 11.06.01 AM.png
Screen Shot 2022-06-17 at 11.06.01 AM.png (368.4 KiB) Viewed 1075 times
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

:rotflmao:
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
keith
Occupation: Retired Computer Systems Analyst Project Manager Super Coder
Verified: ✅lunatic

Post by keith »

Foggy wrote: Fri Jun 17, 2022 12:32 pm :snippity:

Still working on organizing the joint ...
I would have thought you would have mastered that when you were living on the nekkid beach.
Has everybody heard about the bird?
Kriselda Gray
Verified:

Post by Kriselda Gray »

The main thing I see that these groups, movements and/or phenomenon have in common is that they are all forms of Fascism, so maybe that could be the main category to organize things under. Then we could have sub categories for White Supremecists and/or Neo-Nazis, Christian Dominionists, Irish Dominionists (for Surianis and TRL), Proud Boys, and so on, with others added as needed.
Lansdowne

Post by Lansdowne »

Kriselda Gray wrote: Sat Jun 18, 2022 4:42 am The main thing I see that these groups, movements and/or phenomenon have in common is that they are all forms of Fascism, so maybe that could be the main category to organize things under. Then we could have sub categories for White Supremecists and/or Neo-Nazis, Christian Dominionists, Irish Dominionists (for Surianis and TRL), Proud Boys, and so on, with others added as needed.
Isn't that over-analyzing? If we can have a category called "Bundys and their elk" why not just "White supremacists and their elk" or "Proud Boys and their elk" ? In any cases Foggy seems to have settled the matter already.
bill_g

Post by bill_g »

Let's call it White Dumb Asses Who Think They're Better Than Everybody (But Aren't Really).
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

bill_g wrote: Sat Jun 18, 2022 7:10 am Let's call it White Dumb Asses Who Think They're Better Than Everybody (But Aren't Really).
Nailed it.

The Proud Boys are racist, but they're as strongly misogynistic.
Foggy
Dick Tater

Post by Foggy »

bill_g wrote: Sat Jun 18, 2022 7:10 am Let's call it White Dumb Asses Who Think They're Better Than Everybody (But Aren't Really).
It's a subforum. Names can't be that long. :violin: :crying:
bill_g

Post by bill_g »

Foggy wrote: Sat Jun 18, 2022 8:37 am
It's a subforum. Names can't be that long. :violin: :crying:
Okay. Acronym time: WDAWTTBTE(BAR)

Or just BAR for short.

Hey, I goin to the bar. You comin?
bill_g

Post by bill_g »

pipistrelle wrote: Sat Jun 18, 2022 8:22 am
Nailed it.

I thought we could work "Especially Women" into the title, but Foggy says nah - too many letter word thingies.
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

bill_g wrote: Sat Jun 18, 2022 8:47 am
pipistrelle wrote: Sat Jun 18, 2022 8:22 am
Nailed it.

I thought we could work "Especially Women" into the title, but Foggy says nah - too many letter word thingies.
There aren't many women Proud Boys, but there are a few. And no doubt they're just as misogynistic as the boy Boys.

Return to “White Supremacists and Neo-Fascists”