Gay Marriage / LGBTQ Rights / Equality Act

Trying to make sense of a crazy world, with limited success mostly
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

Someone at the Pentagon just needs to say that they are planning a feasability study to relocate. Just a hot air balloon, no effective work ....
shannon
Verified:

Post by shannon »

Acyn @Acyn wrote: [Rep. Matt] Rosendale [R-MT]: We have drag shows at Malmstrom Air Force Base. There are 150 ICBM missiles that are being controlled by that Air Force Base and by these individuals. I do not want someone who doesn’t know if they are a man or a woman with their hand on a missile button
[/quote]

This is a man who has never served a day in his life, pontificating about people WILLING to serve their country. And anyone in the service who's transgender knows damn well if they''re a man or a woman - even if their assigned gender at birth doesn't match who they KNOW they are.

Not to mention that his amendment also takes away from service personnel with transgender dependents. Because with the cowards and bullies in the GOP, the cruelty IS the point.

And want to know where these fucking anti-American assholes want to eventually take this country?? Well, here''s a hint

Russian parliament bans gender reassignment surgery for trans people

And doesn't this sound VERY familar??
"In a telegram post on Friday, Mr Volodin also called gender-affirming surgery a "path to the degeneration of the nation".

"We are the only European country that opposes all that is happening in the States, in Europe and does everything to save families and traditional values," he said during the debate on Friday. "And we need to understand that there won't be any future if we don't adopt the law, if we don't ban gender change."

Fresh amendments added to the bill on Friday during its final reading included banning individuals who have undergone gender changes from adopting children, and annulling marriages where one party had undergone gender reassignment."
Mad Geoscientist GRADUATE STUDENT in Training
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

Meg Brock @MegEBrock wrote: Interview of a child, 11, who has taken puberty blockers for 2 years.

“Without getting this medication I will go through the wrong puberty, therefore making permanent changes to me that I do not want.”

@GovHolcomb signed a bill ending sex reassignment services for minors.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

I know it's easier to say than do, but get out of that state. Children this age don't have much time to do this right. :crying:
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
shannon
Verified:

Post by shannon »

raison de arizona wrote: Sun Jul 16, 2023 8:10 pm
Meg Brock @MegEBrock wrote: Interview of a child, 11, who has taken puberty blockers for 2 years.

“Without getting this medication I will go through the wrong puberty, therefore making permanent changes to me that I do not want.”

@GovHolcomb signed a bill ending sex reassignment services for minors.
Yep. And that's the point. To force the kid to go through the puberty of the wrong gender, in hopes that the kid will simply accept being that assigned gender.

There are kids that would rather die than go through that. And parents that would rather have a live trans son or daughter than a dead daughter or son who now have their hands tied in getting the child the help they need.

The assholes pushing this see that as a positive benefit. Because the goal is, as stated at CPAC, to eradicate transgender people entirely.

The cruelty is the thing.
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

I clearly remember all the assholes who, back in the 80s when the AIDS epidemic began, were thrilled because this was going to kill off all the gays and they’d never have to deal with gays again. How did that work out for them?

(one of those assholes is an ex brother-in-law, who said AIDS was God’s punishment for being gay. Then, as Goddess would have it, his son and one of his daughters turned out to be gay. I’m still friends with my former sister-in-law, whi says he’s changed his outlook since then and that’s good, but I still remember being so angry with him.)
My Crested Yorkie, Gilda and her amazing hair.

ImageImageImage x4
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

I can't remember what program it was on, probably Saturday on MSNBC in the AM, but a mother from Texas, who had been totally religiously against the idea of transgender being a real thing, having to be shocked into reality when at the age of three her "boy" came out and just flat out said she knew she was a girl. She's six now. The child has already said she would rather be dead than live as a boy. The mother heard her praying to make the boy die. That changed her mind. She said she would rather have a transgendered child than a dead child. The child totally lives, acts, and dresses as a girl. She will be starting school soon, and they are having some difficulty with the school agreeing to let her use the girls' bathroom, which she desperately wants. The mother said that she has found a few people at her evangelical church that support them.

:crying:
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
raison de arizona

That's the way it is with conservatives, until it happens in their family, it is unsupportable. But then things suddenly change.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

Always!
shannon
Verified:

Post by shannon »

AndyinPA wrote: Mon Jul 17, 2023 2:45 pmAlways!
Not always. The NB child of Montana's governor asked him not to sign the anti-trans laws into being, and dad refused. I believe Montana also had the state lawmaker who flat out said they would rather have a dead child than a live trans one.

And then there's Tania Joy Gibson, an anti-trans activist that constantly deadnames and misgenders her son, and once tried to curse his HRT meds not to work.

He’s The Trans Son Of An Anti-Trans Influencer. It’s His Turn To Speak.
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

patgund wrote: Mon Jul 17, 2023 2:59 pm
AndyinPA wrote: Mon Jul 17, 2023 2:45 pmAlways!
Not always. The NB child of Montana's governor asked him not to sign the anti-trans laws into being, and dad refused. I believe Montana also had the state lawmaker who flat out said they would rather have a dead child than a live trans one.

And then there's Tania Joy Gibson, an anti-trans activist that constantly deadnames and misgenders her son, and once tried to curse his HRT meds not to work.

He’s The Trans Son Of An Anti-Trans Influencer. It’s His Turn To Speak.
Yeah, you're right. I had forgotten about a few of those. I have a trans niece. I think it was tough for my brother at first, but he's a flaming liberal so he accepted it fairly easily. It has to be tough for any parent.
shannon
Verified:

Post by shannon »

AndyinPA wrote: Mon Jul 17, 2023 3:31 pmYeah, you're right. I had forgotten about a few of those. I have a trans niece. I think it was tough for my brother at first, but he's a flaming liberal so he accepted it fairly easily. It has to be tough for any parent.
It certainly can be.
Hidden Content
This board requires you to be registered and logged-in to view hidden content.
raison de arizona

:bighug:

Also, rationale for the military's abortion policy:
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

:thumbsup:
Kriselda Gray
Verified:

Post by Kriselda Gray »

Something I just don't get is that it's undeniable that there are people who are born with indeterminate physical gender. They may have been born male, but have some female reproductive organs or born female with some male organs. They might have a mix or male and female organs, or some other "non-standard configuration." But whatever the case, these situations can be proven to exist. The body *can be* and sometimes *is* split between male and female.

Why, then, is it so hard to understand that it's possible that a person's brain can have a similar "non-standard configuration" that could lead them to have mismatch between their physical and mental genders? That the brain and body can be split between male and female?

No, it's not a proven theory, but it sure makes a Hel of a lot more sense than believing these people are just making it up or are deluding themselves, or that they're some kind of degenerates out to ruin our society.
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

Beats me. I had a friend who found out that he was a hermaphrodite more than forty years ago.
raison de arizona

Sir Charles Barkley.
shannon
Verified:

Post by shannon »

People are going to end up DEAD because of the GOP's anti-trans rhetoric.

This man is lucky to be alive. Others will not be as lucky.

Trans man hospitalised after being shot with pellet gun while shopping for groceries
"On Saturday (15 July), Andrew Jonathan Blake-Newton – who is autistic, has multiple sclerosis and is a full-time wheelchair user – alleges he was shot five times at around midnight in Pontiac, Michigan.

Blake-Newton told PinkNews he’s “absolutely traumatised” by the attack which happened less than two blocks from his home while he was going to the store for groceries in his electric wheelchair.

He recalls how someone from a “small beige four-door car opened fire” on him, shooting metal bullets from a pellet gun five times hitting him once in each leg, twice in his side, and once in his wrist.

‘They laughed after they shot me’

“They drove away shouting ‘tr***y’ and ‘f****t’ and laughed after they shot me.”

After being shot, Blake-Newton said he was “in shock”, adding: “All I could feel was fear, and I fled, I felt like there was a spot light on me, and I needed to get off the sidewalk and onto my street.”
shannon
Verified:

Post by shannon »

So basically it sounds like the girl and her family are deliberately lying and stirring up controversy to cover their own bigotry and to try and make themselves out to be the victims.

The real victims? The YMCA getting the death threats, and the people that are going to be hurt because some asshole BELIEVES this shit.

300 protest YMCA after teen lies about naked trans woman in locker room
"During her Fox News interviews, she also said she was kicked off of the swim team after posting signs at the YMCA that said “Women’s Rights,” “Biological Women Only,” and “SafeSport.” However, a May 29 email from Wheeler’s mother to her daughter’s coach clearly says, “We have decided to remove Abbigail from the SPY swim team.”

As for the signs that Wheeler mentioned on Fox, Springfield YMCA’s marketing and communications director Lou Bart noted that she didn’t mention that the signs had also misgendered the trans woman and implied she was a threat to other women’s safety.

The signs said, “Men are not welcome here,” “Women Need Rights, Men Already Have Them,” “In case anyone is unawar [sic], I feel as a concerned member to share this shocking news. Transgenders [sic] are now using the womens [sic] locker room. They have been for a while now. Please feel free to share/spead [sic] the world [sic],” “Girls Rule, Boys Drool,” and “Women Deserve to be Safe Here.”

Wheeler and her parents were told that Wheeler’s signs were “hateful to other members and violated the YMCA code of conduct.” The YMCA said Wheeler wouldn’t be allowed to participate in any practices or meets until they met with her coach and YMCA leadership. However, the Wheelers declined to meet with them."
Also: WINDY CITY TIMES Springfield YMCA targeted by anti-trans activists and Illinois House Freedom Caucus members
"Wheeler's father admitted that his daughter lied during the FOX News interview about being kicked off the team during the rally and that he and his wife Julie Wheeler voluntarily removed her from the team and canceled their membership.

In an email dated May 29 at 10:50 a.m. from Julie to Totura that the Springfield YMCA that the organization provided to Windy City Times, she said "Alex, we have decided to remove Abbigail from the SPY swim team. We feel with this Y's stand on men being allowed in the women's locker room, it is putting unknowing women and young girls at risk. My hope is Abbigail can make this transition smoothly without hatefulness from the SPY staff and swimmers. Please remove our Discover card from our account. There is one pending charge of $45 for the Edwardsville meet. Please make that transaction tomorrow. Dan said he will cancel the reoccurring charge on Wednesday. Thank you."

Totura complied with Julie's request.

At 11:02 a.m. that same day, Julie followed up with an email to Springfield YMCA Chief Human Resources Officer Jill Steiner. That email was also provided to Windy City Times and in it Julie said "TOGETHER you all lack in discernment, which is undoubtedly exposing young girls to grooming, bullying and real danger. In fact, your reaction to the girls positive, empowering signs made for women was far worse than your concern for the biological men watching little girls undress in YOUR women's locker rooms. In my opinion, this is sexual exploitation of women and children. Please remove Christian from your name! This far from [sic] Christ's morals and values. What does Christ say about someone who harms one of his little ones!??"

The Springfield YMCA leadership said in an email statement to Windy City Times that, "In response to [the] rally by a group including the Illinois Freedom Caucus, the YMCA of Springfield maintains that it is following the law and its long-time practice of inclusion for all in its policies. This is not a new story. There have been a variety of false statements circulated by these same individuals since May. They have continued to shift and change this story to sensationalize it beyond the facts."
Estiveo
Verified:

Post by Estiveo »

When Amy Vance and Martha Martin checked out nearly all of the books from the Rancho Peñasquitos branch of the San Diego Public Library, they had a nefarious plan. The incompetent duo emailed the administrator that they would not return the “inappropriate” books.

The duo thought they had the upper hand with the plan to hold the books hostage, but instead, their plan backfired spectacularly. They inadvertently raised $45,000 for the library to expand its LGBTQ+-themed programming and materials.
Estiveoshot_20230724_191219.jpg
Estiveoshot_20230724_191219.jpg (17.82 KiB) Viewed 3853 times
https://www.lgbtqnation.com/2023/07/con ... eir-faces/
Image Image Image Image
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

How about the late fees accruing? :think:
raison de arizona

#1 No it doesn't, #2 :thumbsup:
Michigan Gov’s ‘Conversion Therapy’ Ban Criminalizes Parents Who Don’t Affirm Transgenderism.
Michigan Governor Gretchen Whitmer has signed two bills banning “conversion therapy” for minors who identify as homosexual or transgender, turning healthcare providers and parents who do not accept their children were “born in the wrong body” into criminals.

Media coverage of the bills focuses on therapy “intended to change a person’s sexual orientation” but alsos ban therapy aimed at persuading girls they are girls and boys they are boys, rather than “transgender”.

House Bill 4617 defines conversion therapy as “any practice or treatment by a mental health professional that seeks to change an individual’s sexual orientation or gender identity, including, but not limited to, efforts to change behavior or gender expression or to reduce or eliminate sexual or romantic attractions or feelings toward an individual of the same gender.”

This language suggests clinicians and possibly parents who refuse to “affirm” so-called trans kids by dressing boys as girls and using female pronouns for them, and vice versa, could be accused of unlawful activity.

Governor Whitmer insists that as “a mom of a member of the [LGBTQ] community and a proud, lifelong ally” she is “grateful” that Michigan is “banning the horrific practice of conversion therapy”.
https://thenationalpulse.com/2023/07/27 ... genderism/

Governor Gretchen Whitmer @GovWhitmer wrote: As a mom of a member of the community and a proud, lifelong ally, I’m grateful that today we’re banning the horrific practice of conversion therapy in Michigan.

In doing so, we are taking action to make Michigan a more welcoming, inclusive place.
raison de arizona

Some parents decrying gender inclusiveness in school got smacked down, lack of standing.
The parents have not alleged that their children have gender support plans, are
transgender or are even struggling with issues of gender identity. As a result, they have not
alleged facts that the Montgomery County public schools have any information about their
children that is currently being withheld or that there is a substantial risk information will
be withheld in the future. Thus, under the Constitution, they have not alleged the type of
injury required to show standing.
https://www.ca4.uscourts.gov/opinions/222034.P.pdf
raison de arizona

A Californian was killed after an argument over a Pride flag hanging outside her clothing store, deputies say

A Southern California clothing store owner was shot and killed after an argument about a rainbow Pride flag hanging outside her business, police said, as the LGBTQ+ community continues to face violence and threats across America.

Laura Ann “Lauri” Carleton, 66, died from a gunshot wound Friday evening at her store, Mag.Pi, in Cedar Glen, about 80 miles by car east of Los Angeles, the San Bernardino County Sheriff’s Office said.

The suspected shooter also is dead following “a lethal force encounter” with deputies as the suspect ran away after the shooting, authorities said.

“Detectives learned the suspect made several disparaging remarks about a rainbow flag that stood outside the store before shooting Carleton,” the release said. Investigators haven’t identified the suspect; no deputies were hurt in the encounter.
:snippity:
https://www.cnn.com/2023/08/21/us/calif ... g-shooting
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

That’s insane.

Return to “Current Politics”