Spring forward.
To delete this message, click the X at top right.

Gay Marriage / LGBTQ Rights / Equality Act

Trying to make sense of a crazy world, with limited success mostly
Estiveo
Verified:

Re: Gay Marriage / LGBTQ Rights / Equality Act

Post by Estiveo »

She seems nice. :nope:
Image Image Image Image
Estiveo
Verified:

Post by Estiveo »

Tens of thousands of LGBT veterans forced from the military for their sexual orientation and given other-than-honorable discharges will be able to receive full Veterans Affairs benefits despite their dismissal status under a new move set to be announced Monday

The change comes as the country approaches the 10th anniversary of repeal of the controversial “don’t ask, don’t tell” law which forced nearly 14,000 service members out of the ranks for admitting their sexual orientation.

But the impact of the new VA announcement goes further than just those individuals, to potentially include troops who served before and after the law who may have been given bad performance reviews or intimidated into leaving the military because of their LGBT status.

Outside advocates estimate as many as 100,000 over the last 70 years may have been involuntarily separated from the military based on their sexual orientation. Data on how many received other-than-honorable discharges is not available.

https://www.militarytimes.com/veterans/ ... -new-plan/
Image Image Image Image
Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

:bar: :bunny: :cheer2: :cheer1: :grouphug: :groupdance: :mbounce: :blissy: :winner:
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

:yeahthat:
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
neonzx
Verified: 🤩✅✅✅✅✅🤩

Post by neonzx »

Honestly, I thought this had already been done. wtf took so long?
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
Frater I*I
Verified: ✅Verified Devilish Hyena

Post by Frater I*I »

And Super Karen [With apologizes to our own Phoenix520] will indeed walk with little more than a slap on the wrist...
"He sewed his eyes shut because he is afraid to see, He tries to tell me what I put inside of me
He's got the answers to ease my curiosity, He dreamed a god up and called it Christianity"

Trent Reznor
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

Switzerland
‘Marriage for all’ wins thumping approval of Swiss voters
A law granting full marriage and adoption rights to same-sex couples has been accepted by almost two-thirds of Swiss citizens.

This content was published on September 26, 2021 - 19:22September 26, 2021 - 19:22
Domhnall O'Sullivan

The result on Sunday makes Switzerland the 30th country worldwide – and one of the last in Western Europe – to extend civil marital status to male-male and female-female couples.

Some 64.1% of voters accepted the reform, and none of the 26 Swiss cantons came out against; small Appenzell Inner Rhoden, where 50.8% accepted the proposal, was the most hesitant.

https://www.swissinfo.ch/eng/voters-hav ... l/46969634
comment: gay and lesbian couples were able to enter into a "registered partnership" since 2007 with similar effect like a marriage but still with some exceptions.
Most notable about this voting was that none of the cantons registered a negative result.
Tiredretiredlawyer

:superhero: :mbounce: :groupdance: :cheer2: :cheer1: :bunny: :blissy: :dog:
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
neonzx
Verified: 🤩✅✅✅✅✅🤩

Post by neonzx »

Good on them. I recall when we had the "civil unions" stop-gap.

Full marriage equality now.
Luke
Location: @orly_licious With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA

Post by Luke »

:thumbsup: Swiss boys are hot!

So about that homophobic maniac above... of course, she had a fundraising campaign (GoGetFunding? Hadn't heard of it) and raised $4K of $10K on her playground case.

https://gogetfunding.com/rochelle/

Look how she spun this! This may be the most ridiculous over-the-top set of lies ever (and we've seen a lot of them) since Orly Taitz and her "young children" with the "hot combustible fumes".
Help Defend a Mother’s Right to Bring Her Children to a Public Playground
Fundraising campaign by Rochelle Kelley
Weare, US | Legal

Should a woman with young children go to jail and/or be fined because she brought her children to play on a playground one sunny day in the United States of America?

The Concord, N.H., City Prosecutor believes that she should because of COVID-19, and we’re asking for your help as she fights in court for our freedom to live free.

Think about this for a moment: If the prosecution wins, a working Dad will need to figure out how to raise his homeschooled children while his dutiful wife is behind bars. He will live a life without his beloved for up to two years. The children will be deprived of their mother and teacher; her loving hugs, her bedtime stories, her warm meals, her precious time, and her instruction. The woman, Rochelle Kelley of Weare, will languish in jail with other people, conceivably exposed to a new life that she never knew or deserved, as well as the dreaded COVID-19.

Is this justice?
► Show Spoiler
Lt Root Beer of the Mighty 699th. Fogbow 💙s titular Mama June in Fogbow's Favourite Show™ Mama June: From Not To Hot! Fogbow's Theme Song™ Edith Massey's "I Got The Evidence!" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5jDHZd0JAg
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
RVInit

Post by RVInit »

Volkonski wrote: Mon Sep 27, 2021 7:58 pm
So, two really CAN play that game, huh? Just not in 'Merica. :lol:
There's a lot of things that need to change. One specifically? Police brutality.
--Colin Kaepernick
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

tek

Post by tek »

At some point the Supremes need to either swat this bullshite down or say straight out that we no longer have a country.
Tiredretiredlawyer

https://deadline.com/2021/10/dave-chapp ... 234865268/
Dave Chappelle Controversy Now Sees Netflix Hit With “Unfair Labor Charge” By Fired & Suspended Staffers

The blast radius from the controversy over Dave Chappelle’s repeated remarks about the trans and LGBTQ+ communities in his Netflix special The Closer has now extended further as the National Labor Relations Board is reviewing bruising charges of “unfair labor practices” against the streamer.

Naming co-CEO Ted Sarandos as the “employer representative,” fired Netflix program manager B. Pagels-Minor and suspended senior software engineer Terra Field filed paperwork with the federal agency on October 27 over the “false and pretextual reasons” and “retaliation” leveled against them respectively.

“Netflix engaged in the above activity to quell employees from speaking up about working conditions including, but not limited to, seeking to create a safe and affirming work environment for Netflix employees, speaking up about Netflix’s products and the impact of its product choices on the LGBTQ+ community, and providing support for employees whom Netflix has treated in an unlawful and disparate manner,” exclaimed the statement of charge that Bay Area attorney Laurie M. Burgess submitted for the non-binary identifying Pagels-Minor and trans Field.
mimi

Post by mimi »

Mark Joseph Stern
@mjs_DC
Judge Reed O'Connor thinks he has found a brilliant workaround to Bostock: Employers just have to say they're firing gay workers *for having gay sex,* not for being gay—and then it's totally legal! storage

https://t.co/wOpYfRqJQ2
Tiredretiredlawyer

https://variety.com/2021/film/news/kal- ... 235101529/
Kal Penn Comes Out, Announcing Engagement to Partner of Eleven Years
neeneko

Post by neeneko »

mimi wrote: Sun Oct 31, 2021 1:36 pm Judge Reed O'Connor thinks he has found a brilliant workaround to Bostock: Employers just have to say they're firing gay workers *for having gay sex,* not for being gay—and then it's totally legal! storage
Now that would be interesting to play out in court since I imagine a fired employee can ask 'wait, how do you know about my sex life?'
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

How about firing a member of a hetero couple cause they engage in "gay sex" :?:
Estiveo
Verified:

Post by Estiveo »

Image Image Image Image
RVInit

Post by RVInit »

:lovestruck:
There's a lot of things that need to change. One specifically? Police brutality.
--Colin Kaepernick
Tiredretiredlawyer

:lovestruck: x 50.
jemcanada2

Post by jemcanada2 »

Yay Canada!! The vote to make conversion therapy illegal passed with the support of the Conservatives.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/conver ... -1.6269147

Return to “Current Politics”