Spring forward.
To delete this message, click the X at top right.

market diversification.

Chilidog

market diversification.

Post by Chilidog »

i was i Target today and i was struck by the almost total lack of choice in brands.

sure, they probably have the item you’re looking for, but only if you want that one particular brand that they cary.

my favorite, locally owned grocery store is also starting to lose brand variety.

is this a trend?

if so, it’s a troubling one.
MN-Skeptic

Re: market diversification.

Post by MN-Skeptic »

I've noticed that Target will have empty spots, but I can usually find a substitute. For example, just this week I was looking for the face cleanser I like. I couldn't find it at two different Targets, so I figured I'd try a different cleanser. I also hate cooking, so I'm big on frozen dinners. Sometimes the ones I prefer are in stock, sometimes not. I haven't starved yet. I can always find a substitute. I know there are supply line issues. It's been something after another since the pandemic hit. I substitute or do without. I'm just glad I don't have to buy a car right now!

Edited to add... no, I don't know that I've particularly noticed a lack of brands. Just a general lack of full shelves all the time.
Lani

Post by Lani »

When I drive in for my Target purchases, usually at least one item is not available. Including Ted's very yummy pill pockets for the past week. He loves them. He harasses me until I give him his pills every morning. I may have to order from Amazon - at almost double Target's price.

Unsweetened and original Silk Soy milk are often out of stock. Also, buying eggs is iffy.

I rarely cook, too. I get tired when I cook (or do anything else). I found Healthy Choice frozen meals at Target. Ready in 4 minutes and tastes fresh. Good as is, but I like to add more spices. Unfortunately, some of the meals are always unavailable. :( But there are enough meals that I can find some I like. Now I'm adding Tattooed Chef to my list of prepared meals. The brand has excellent reviews. This week I'm picking up gluten free and vegan frozen veggie hemp bowl and pesto harvest bowl.
Image You can't wait until life isn't hard anymore before you decide to be happy.
MN-Skeptic

Post by MN-Skeptic »

Lani wrote: Mon Jun 13, 2022 1:48 am
Now I'm adding Tattooed Chef to my list of prepared meals. The brand has excellent reviews. This week I'm picking up gluten free and vegan frozen veggie hemp bowl and pesto harvest bowl.
I recently tried Tattooed Chef's Cauliflower Mac & Cheese Bowl. I love it! But, when Target was out of those, I bought a package of Tattooed Chef's Cauliflower Pizza Bowl. Two bites of that and the rest went in the trash. Ick.
Lani

Post by Lani »

When I see cauliflower pizza, I think yuck. Leave pizzas alone!!!
Image You can't wait until life isn't hard anymore before you decide to be happy.
MN-Skeptic

Post by MN-Skeptic »

I love cauliflower, so I don’t think it was that. The plant-based pepperoni were definitely sub-par.
Whatever4

Post by Whatever4 »

We eat a lot of peanut butter. In fact, in my house we lock our peanut butter in a file cabinet and hide the key from me. Otherwise a jar has 2 servings.

Lately, we’ve been having a rough time finding Reduced Fat Skippy, both creamy and chunky styles. :crying: W2 says “think of it as a diet plan.” I think “and that’s why I killed him, Your Honor.”
Optimism is a good characteristic, but if carried to an excess, it becomes foolishness.
—Theodore Roosevelt
Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

Sounds reasonable to me.
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
AndyinPA
Verified:

market diversification.

Post by AndyinPA »

Well, this might not be the best place for this, but I wasn't sure of anywhere else and didn't want to start a new topic for this.

https://www.cnbc.com/2023/12/11/macys-r ... s-say.html
Arkhouse Management and Brigade Capital Management have offered to buy Macy’s

for $5.8 billion, people familiar with the matter told CNBC on Sunday.

The offer values the retailer at $21 per share, according to the sources. Macy’s closed at just over $17 a share on Friday.

Arkhouse and Macy’s declined to comment. Brigade did not immediately respond to CNBC’s request for comment.

The Wall Street Journal first reported the buyout offer.
If this goes through, I figure it's the end of Macy's. It's obviously gone downhill. I was in one a month or so ago and overhears a sales associate talking with a customer. The customer was asking about the Charter Club line, which has apparently been discontinued, except for cashmere sweaters. It was their line, reliably well made, not really expensive. I figured then the writing is on the wall.
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler

Return to “Economy”