Spring forward.
To delete this message, click the X at top right.

US v Kevin Seefried

Kendra

US v Kevin Seefried

Post by Kendra »

And speaking of Confederate Flags… Justice Dept says Kevin Seefried is the man carrying this flag thru the Capitol on Jan 6

He goes on trial …. Monday here in DC
Kendra

Re: US v Kevin Seefried

Post by Kendra »

US Capitol Police Officer Eugene Goodman will testify on Monday against two Jan 6 defendants, one of whom carried a Confederate flag thru the Capitol.
Goodman tells me this will be his first public testimony. You’ll remember he deftly steered a mob away from the Senate chamber.

Want to make this clear here, and also in another tweet: Officer Goodman testifying on Monday in US District Court for DC — in the bench trial for Kevin Seefried and his son.

It’s not before the January 6th Committee.
https://www.cbsnews.com/news/trevor-mcf ... -seefried/
Washington – The Delaware man accused of parading a Confederate flag throughout the U.S. Capitol building during the Jan. 6 attack is set to stand trial next month with his son. They will be tried not before a jury of 12 of their peers, but before a judge who will be the sole arbiter of their fate, court records indicate.

Kevin Seefried and his son, Hunter – who pleaded not guilty to multiple counts, including obstruction of an official proceeding and disorderly conduct – will appear before Judge Trevor McFadden on June 13, 2022, in a bench trial. McFadden is expected to hear evidence and testimony from both sides, ask questions of any witnesses called and deliver a final verdict on each count.

Of the six Jan. 6 cases to be tried and completed so far, only two were bench trials. McFadden was the judge randomly assigned to both of those cases and unlike the juries in the remaining four, the judge acquitted one defendant on all counts and another defendant on one of the two counts against him.
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Although most people will understandably be watching the 2d House Select Committee hearing this morning (as will I later on, on tape) I’m watching the Jan. 6 trials of Kevin & Hunter Seefried this morning. For multitaskers, I’ll be live tweeting. 1/
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Alrighty. We are on closing arguments in US Capitol breach case of Kevin Seefried. Feds say Seefried is the man carrying Confederate flag thru Capitol at front of the mob on jan 6. Reminder this is a bench trial. Judge rules. No jury

(More)
McFadden asked what if Antifa were amid the mob .. would they be charged too?
:roll: :brickwallsmall:
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Shamelessly stolen from Twitter.
Attachments
FVPNuR1XoAELG87.jpg
FVPNuR1XoAELG87.jpg (116.8 KiB) Viewed 780 times
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

At 3pm ET Judge Trevor McFadden will announce his ruling in USA v Kevin and Hunter Seefried, a January 6 criminal case. Since I’m at the courthouse, I’ll live-tweet the verdict. 1/
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

https:// twitter.com/rparloff/status/1537154131093225472
So, in sum, both Seefrieds are GUILTY of counts 1-5, *including the felony.* Hunter NOT GUILTY of counts 6-8 relating to the window (with which Kevin had not been charged). /29

Return to “The January 6 Insurrection, including Criminal Cases”