Here's why FILL IN THE BLANK is bad for Joe Biden

Let's get back to normalcy. Does normalcy fit into your schedule?
noblepa

Here's why X is bad for Joe Biden

Post by noblepa »

pjhimself wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 11:30 am Where’s the answer to the thread topic ?
I think that the topic title for this thread is meant to be a little sarcastic. It stems from some on the right, often on Fox News, who will always cast absolutely anything that happens in the world, as somehow bad for President Biden.

Record low unemployment is bad for Biden.

Inflation coming down is bad for Joe Biden.

Ending the pandemic state of emergency, which the right opposed in the first place, is bad for Joe Biden.

The case of fentanyl interdiction is a perfect example. About the time President Biden was elected, the amount of fentanyl confiscated more or less tripled and has stayed at that increased level ever since. To those who don't like Joe Biden, this is a sign of "his" border crisis. To most sane people, increased seizure of the drug would be a good thing, but not to the Biden-haters.

I think that the right assumes that the only reason that more drugs are being seized is that more drugs are coming through. That WOULD be a bad thing, but no one has proffered any evidence that this is the case. It might be true, but I would like to see evidence of that. On the other hand, it may mean that the border patrol is doing a better job of catching the stuff, which is a good thing.

And, as someone else pointed out, drugs that are seized do not have a chance to kill anyone. That's a good thing for everyone, including Joe Biden.
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: as seen on qvc zombie apocalypse

Post by Foggy »

Yeah, noblepa, and the hilarious thing is, this constant drumbeat of "bad for Joe Biden, bad for Joe Biden" actually did drive his polling nubmers into the 40s, and the right-wing thought they were being so successful, and that was the basis for the gigantic enormous red wave that was the 2022 midterm election.

But wait! How could the red wave not happen? (It happened in North Carolina.)

Hunter Biden’s laptop! Inflation! The border! Aaaaaaahhhhh!

Somehow, some way ... the Geezer from Delaware manages to be a huge success, regardless of the nubmers. :oldman:
🎶 We went for a ride,
We got outside,
The sand was hot,
She wanted to dance ... 🎶
pjhimself

Post by pjhimself »

Foggy wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 11:48 am Me too, and of course what needed to be cleaned up was a lot of posts that weren't jokes. But I left your joke, if you remember. Anyway, it's all good, I hope you have a nice day. :thumbsup:
It wasn’t “my” joke, but was a re-post of something from elsewhere…….
pjhimself

Post by pjhimself »

Perhaps someone will post this (taken from the hill.com):
Nancy Pelosi dismissed Tara Reade’s accusations of sexual assault against Joe Biden. “I know him,” said the House Speaker authoritatively, and that was that.
Does Biden’s record warrant such confidence? Not really. In fact, Biden has a long history of lying — about himself, about his past and about events that never took place.
Democrats want the 2020 campaign to be a referendum on President Trump. Fine, but if this is to be a contest of characters, it is only appropriate that Joe Biden’s history of fabrication and deceit – often intended to bolster his intellectual credentials – also be fair game.
Over the past year, Biden thundered that the Obama administration “didn’t lock people up in cages.” He also claimed that, “Immediately, the moment [the Iraq War] started, I came out against it.” And… “I was always labeled one of the most liberal members of Congress.” Politico’s rating of all three assertions? False.
No one should be surprised. Lest we forget…
A video is making the rounds in which Biden boasts at a 1987 rally, “I went to law school on a full academic scholarship…[and] ended up in the top half of my class.”
Biden also maintained that he “graduated with three degrees from undergraduate school” and was the “outstanding student in the political science department.”
Not one of those claims was true, as newscasters at the time affirmed. In fact, Biden graduated 76th of 85 students in his law school class, had only a partial scholarship and did not win top honors in his undergraduate discipline.
Biden explained in his 2007 autobiography “Promises to Keep” that he had been angry at that rally since “it sounded to me that one of my own supporters doubted my intelligence.” According to a 1987 Newsweek piece, a supporter had “politely” asked Biden what law school he attended and how well he had done.
Biden bristled, saying “I think I have a much higher IQ than you do,” reeled off his fabricated accomplishments and concluded “I’d be delighted to sit down and compare my IQ to yours if you’d like, Frank.”
The episode reminds us of Biden recently snapping “You’re full of sh*t” at an auto worker who dared to challenge Biden’s stance on guns; or calling an Iowa voter a “damn liar” for insinuating that Biden had helped his son gain access in Ukraine.
The Newsweek reporter wrote that Biden appears “hyper, glib and intellectually insecure,” and says the 1987 encounter was critical to understanding why Biden’s first run at higher office flopped. “The clip…reflects a view of Biden’s character widely shared in the community. Reporters and political consultants long ago concluded that Biden’s chief character flaw was his tendency to wing it. He seems to lack a crucial synapse between brain and tongue, the one that makes the do-I-really-want-to-say-this decision.”
That commentary holds up well, as today more than ever Biden blunders into conversational crevasses, with no way out. (Think: “If they believe Tara Reade, they probably shouldn’t vote for me.” A new Harvard-Harris poll shows 55 percent of the country believes Tara Reade. Game. Set. Match.)
Biden’s 1987 campaign foundered also because he was caught lifting passages of a speech given by Neil Kinnock. Biden echoed (falsely) the British Labor leader’s history that he was the first “in a thousand generations” to graduate from college and repeated virtually verbatim the same story about his wife, just as Kinnock had.
More shocking, Biden claimed: “My ancestors…worked in the coal mines of Northeast Pennsylvania and would come up after 12 hours and play football for four hours,’’ even though no one in Biden’s family tree ever worked underground. That was Kinnock’s family.
It wasn’t the first time; Biden had also been caught plagiarizing during law school. He “borrowed” an entire five pages from a published law review article without attribution and had to beg not to be expelled.
Interestingly, just last summer complaints arose about Biden “borrowing” the work of others, in putting together his climate plan. As Vox reported, Biden’s plan “contains a number of passages that seem to have been copied and pasted, at times with very superficial changes” from a variety of sources.
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

pjhimself wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 2:44 pm Perhaps someone will post this (taken from the hill.com):
:snippity:
https://thehill.com/opinion/campaign/49 ... joe-biden/
I'll read through the opinion piece, but the author Liz Peek is a far right wing Trumper. FWIW.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Phoenix520
Verified:

Post by Phoenix520 »

Welcome to Fogbow.
This is why I blocked you. I only unblocked you for ( what turned out to be kinda boring) fur baby videos.

Why are you here if you think we’re so awful? NO ONE is seeking you out elsewhere to berate you about shit you have no control over.

Do you know my beloved nephew died from fentanyl? I DONT blame political parties. I blame him, his genes, our stinking culture of it’s-your-own-fault, the people who sold it to him without telling him, and people for whom it’s never a problem until it’s their problem. And then their only answer is why didn’t someone else do something about this?

I’m putting back in ignore. Your mean streak is bad for me.
pjhimself

Post by pjhimself »

Phoenix520 wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:04 pm
Welcome to Fogbow.
This is why I blocked you. I only unblocked you for ( what turned out to be kinda boring) fur baby videos.

Why are you here if you think we’re so awful? NO ONE is seeking you out elsewhere to berate you about shit you have no control over.

Do you know my beloved nephew died from fentanyl? I DONT blame political parties. I blame him, his genes, our stinking culture of it’s-your-own-fault, the people who sold it to him without telling him, and people for whom it’s never a problem until it’s their problem. And then their only answer is why didn’t someone else do something about this?

I’m putting back in ignore. Your mean streak is bad for me.
I’m amazed at being blocked.
That’s your right.
My views are allowed here, as are yours.
Fentanyl is an issue for all of us to deal with.
I don’t get how I’ve become on the wrong side of this.
Maybe I’ll learn….
raison de arizona

pjhimself wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Fentanyl is an issue for all of us to deal with.
Maybe I’ll learn….
The fentanyl crisis began ten years ago. If there were an easy solution, it would be solved by now.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Jim

Post by Jim »

raison de arizona wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:34 pm
pjhimself wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Fentanyl is an issue for all of us to deal with.
Maybe I’ll learn….
The fentanyl crisis began ten years ago. If there were an easy solution, it would be solved by now.
Meth
Opioids
Fentanyl

Looks like this country (probably world) just moves from one deadly drug to the next looking for the next ultimate high.
noblepa

Post by noblepa »

Hill.com wrote:
Over the past year, Biden thundered that the Obama administration “didn’t lock people up in cages.”

This was in response to the Trump administration's actions in separating minor children from their parents at the border. Under Obama, only children who were accompanied by adults who were not their parents or legal guardians were separated from the accompanying adults. This was a move to combat child trafficking. Or, are you in favor of child trafficking?

The episode reminds us of Biden recently snapping “You’re full of sh*t” at an auto worker who dared to challenge Biden’s stance on guns

This is not a lie, per se. It is an opinion. An insulting opinion, perhaps, and not a good optic for a political candidate, but not a lie

; or calling an Iowa voter a “damn liar” for insinuating that Biden had helped his son gain access in Ukraine.

This can only be called a lie if you assume that Biden did, in fact, improperly give his son such help, a "fact" which remains a subject of controversy

That commentary holds up well, as today more than ever Biden blunders into conversational crevasses, with no way out. (Think: “If they believe Tara Reade, they probably shouldn’t vote for me.”

Again, how is this a lie? I agree with him. If you believe an allegation of misconduct made against him, perhaps you shouldn't vote for him.

A new Harvard-Harris poll shows 55 percent of the country believes Tara Reade. Game. Set. Match.)

So what? People believe lots of untrue things. Even if the poll is accurate, it doesn't make Biden's statement that believers shouldn't vote for him a lie.

Biden’s 1987 campaign foundered also because he was caught lifting passages of a speech given by Neil Kinnock. Biden echoed (falsely) the British Labor leader’s history that he was the first “in a thousand generations” to graduate from college and repeated virtually verbatim the same story about his wife, just as Kinnock had.

Okay, I will give you that plagiarism is a form of lying. But, when he was caught, he admitted it and apologized.

Interestingly, just last summer complaints arose about Biden “borrowing” the work of others, in putting together his climate plan. As Vox reported, Biden’s plan “contains a number of passages that seem to have been copied and pasted, at times with very superficial changes” from a variety of sources.

A President's plan to fight climate change is not a college term paper or thesis. I fail to see the problem with a President, trying to fix a serious problem, drawing upon the thinking and research of experts in that field.
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: as seen on qvc zombie apocalypse

Post by Foggy »

pjhimself wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm I’m amazed at being blocked.
:snippity:
Maybe I’ll learn….
Here's how you got on the wrong side of this.

You posted:
President Biden’s border crisis has included an increase in the flow of lethal synthetic opioids, threatening public health and safety.
Nobody else is responsible for what you post. The truth is that President Biden’s administration has included a decrease in the flow of lethal fentanyl, because it has done a better job of stopping the drug at the border.

So, you post a falsehood here, you might have to deal with some criticism. There's a way to avoid being on the wrong side of these things, and it starts with HONESTY.
🎶 We went for a ride,
We got outside,
The sand was hot,
She wanted to dance ... 🎶
neonzx
Verified: 🤩✅✅✅✅✅🤩

Post by neonzx »

Don't worry, peeps. Come this Sunday when team (X) doesn't win in the SuperBowl, it will also be Biden's fault and be bad for him.
:argument: :cussing: :fuckyou:
pjhimself

Post by pjhimself »

. Fentanyl and other synthetic opioids are the most common drugs involved in overdose deaths.1 Even in small doses, it can be deadly. Over 150 people die every day from overdoses related to synthetic opioids like fentanyl.2

Drugs may contain deadly levels of fentanyl, and you wouldn’t be able to see it, taste it, or smell it. It is nearly impossible to tell if drugs have been laced with fentanyl unless you test your drugs with fentanyl test strips.

Test strips are inexpensive and typically give results within 5 minutes, which can be the difference between life or death. Even if the test is negative, take caution as test strips might not detect more potent fentanyl-like drugs, like carfentanil.3
keith
Occupation: Retired Computer Systems Analyst Project Manager Super Coder
Verified: ✅lunatic

Post by keith »

pjhimself wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2023 1:08 pm https ://youtube.com/watch?v=728AvPb76s4&si=EnSIkaIECMiOmarE
Just out of curiosity, why is tha drag king allowed in the committee room, let alone to speak?
Has everybody heard about the bird?
neonzx
Verified: 🤩✅✅✅✅✅🤩

Post by neonzx »

pjhimself wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 5:13 pm
. Fentanyl and other synthetic opioids are the most common drugs involved in overdose deaths.1 Even in small doses, it can be deadly. Over 150 people die every day from overdoses related to synthetic opioids like fentanyl.2

Drugs may contain deadly levels of fentanyl, and you wouldn’t be able to see it, taste it, or smell it. It is nearly impossible to tell if drugs have been laced with fentanyl unless you test your drugs with fentanyl test strips.

Test strips are inexpensive and typically give results within 5 minutes, which can be the difference between life or death. Even if the test is negative, take caution as test strips might not detect more potent fentanyl-like drugs, like carfentanil.3
There is no magic pill/solution here, person. I've personally known more than one person who OD'd (dead) from a street drug laced with Fentanyl. and one who OD'd on heroin(dead). Don't grandstand here, please? Very pretty please?
keith
Occupation: Retired Computer Systems Analyst Project Manager Super Coder
Verified: ✅lunatic

Post by keith »

pjhimself wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 2:10 pm
Foggy wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 11:48 am Me too, and of course what needed to be cleaned up was a lot of posts that weren't jokes. But I left your joke, if you remember. Anyway, it's all good, I hope you have a nice day. :thumbsup:
I'm tired of this attitude, not just from you, but from grenade throwers all over the net.

If YOU post a quote from someone else it is YOUR responsibiliy to place it in context.

If you fail to make YOUR reasons clear in the post YOU will be held resposible for the content as if it is your original post even if YOU stole someone elses words to make your point.

YOU post a tasteless joke from somebody else it is no good claiming it isnt YOUR tasteless joke - YOU told it, YOU own it.

And the same for non-jokes.
Has everybody heard about the bird?
pjhimself

Post by pjhimself »

neonzx wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 5:22 pm

There is no magic pill/solution here, person. I've personally known more than one person who OD'd (dead) from a street drug laced with Fentanyl. and one who OD'd on heroin(dead). Don't grandstand here, please? Very pretty please?
A question I offer is what our elected officials are doing to resolve the issue ???
And oh by the way what did other administrations
do ?
It’s all about about $$$$$$
sugar magnolia

Post by sugar magnolia »

pjhimself wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 5:53 pm
neonzx wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 5:22 pm
A question I offer is what our elected officials are doing to resolve the issue ???
And oh by the way what did other administrations
do ?
It’s all about about $$$$$$
Whatever they're doing has resulted in a huge increase in seized drugs at the border. The previous administration was apparently missing a whole bunch of them, so I'm guessing they weren't doing much at all.
pjhimself

Post by pjhimself »

keith wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 5:48 pm
I'm tired of this attitude, not just from you, but from grenade throwers all over the net.

If YOU post a quote from someone else it is YOUR responsibiliy to place it in context.

Thanks for proving the point

If you fail to make YOUR reasons clear in the post YOU will be held resposible for the content as if it is your original post even if YOU stole someone elses words to make your point.

YOU post a tasteless joke from somebody else it is no good claiming it isnt YOUR tasteless joke - YOU told it, YOU own it.

W. Kevin Vicklund

Post by W. Kevin Vicklund »

Here's what Biden is doing:

https://www.whitehouse.gov/wp-content/u ... rategy.pdf

Here's what Trump did:

https://trumpwhitehouse.archives.gov/ondcp/

Fentanyl didn't hit the scene until 2015, so Obama had very little time to do anything other than recognize the new threat, and no previous administration had to deal with it at all.
RVInit

Post by RVInit »

For anyone who is interested I can tell you what the state of Florida did. In particular Pam Bondi, who I usually just call That Freaking Bitch.

Stopping illegal drugs is difficult. It takes real work to solve real problems. So, she went after the legal pain medication trade. I understand that people also abuse that. But people who are abusing pain medication that is being obtained legally through a real doctor and real pharmacy are easy to detect - they have a pattern of getting early refills, or going to multiple doctors, or pretending like they lost their prescription, or oh my goodness, I accidentally dropped half of my bottle in the toilet right after I already flushed and so I need a refill NOW because I'm running out.

But those are not the people she went after. She went after every damn person who is seeing a pain management doctor. And who are the easiest ones to prevent from getting their meds? The ones going to ethical doctors and ethical pharmacists, those are the ones that don't want their licenses pulled and it's easy to intimidate them into stopping prescribing anything and stopping filling prescriptions because THEY are not the ones experiencing severe pain and THEY don't want to risk their license or freedom. And Pam Bondi is so proud of herself, she "stopped people from getting drugs".

And all the street drugs full of fentanyl are still out there and people are still dying from it. Because she never did a damn thing about ANY of the illegal drugs. Not. A. Damn. Thing.
There's a lot of things that need to change. One specifically? Police brutality.
--Colin Kaepernick
raison de arizona

W. Kevin Vicklund wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 7:23 pm Here's what Biden is doing:

https://www.whitehouse.gov/wp-content/u ... rategy.pdf

Here's what Trump did:

https://trumpwhitehouse.archives.gov/ondcp/

Fentanyl didn't hit the scene until 2015, so Obama had very little time to do anything other than recognize the new threat, and no previous administration had to deal with it at all.
Thanks for those! :thumbsup:
Kriselda Gray
Verified:

Post by Kriselda Gray »

This is likely true, but it doesn't make
President Biden’s border crisis has included an increase in the flow of lethal synthetic opioids, threatening public health and safety.
a true statement.

No one here thinks illegal Fentanyl is good or that it's not a serious problem - at least to the best of my knowledge. But from the perspective of the speaker - Joni Ernst - the point being made in what you originally posted was that because more Fentanyl was being intercepted that meant more was coming through and that is evidence that Trump did a better job controlling illegal immigration. That's why people have been focusing on the "who's fault" question.

The problem with Ernst's attempt to show that Biden is doing a bad job at addressing illegal immigration by pointing to the increase in Fentanyl inter option is that the two issues are unrelated. First, most Fentanyl doesn't come into the US via illegal immigrants or at illegal points of entry. Second, EVEN IF IT DID come through with illegal immigrants at illegal points of entry (which, again, it does not,) it would be an indication that Biden is doing a better job of controlling the border than Trump did, not the other way around.

If your concern is figuring out how to fix the problem, then that conversation would be more appropriately be discussed in it's on thread (unless there's already a "drug problem" thread going, which I'm unaware of.) By putting it in *this* thread, it gives the impression that you intended to argue that more Fentanyl being intercepted is somehow an indication Biden is doing a bad job. If that's not the impression you wanted to give, say so, and possibly move this to a thread of it's own to discuss possible solutions.
noblepa

Post by noblepa »

keith wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 5:48 pm

This is the technique used by Fox News and other right-wing posters. "People are saying . . .", as if that absolves the poster of any responsibility for the post. "I'm not saying that Joe Biden is <insert evil thing here>, so-and-so is saying it".

If you post something here, or anywhere on the intertubes, you own it. You can quote someone you don't agree with, or someone with whom you DO agree, but it is still YOU posting it.
W. Kevin Vicklund

Post by W. Kevin Vicklund »

RVInit wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 8:17 pm For anyone who is interested I can tell you what the state of Florida did. In particular Pam Bondi, who I usually just call That Freaking Bitch.

Stopping illegal drugs is difficult. It takes real work to solve real problems. So, she went after the legal pain medication trade. I understand that people also abuse that. But people who are abusing pain medication that is being obtained legally through a real doctor and real pharmacy are easy to detect - they have a pattern of getting early refills, or going to multiple doctors, or pretending like they lost their prescription, or oh my goodness, I accidentally dropped half of my bottle in the toilet right after I already flushed and so I need a refill NOW because I'm running out.

But those are not the people she went after. She went after every damn person who is seeing a pain management doctor. And who are the easiest ones to prevent from getting their meds? The ones going to ethical doctors and ethical pharmacists, those are the ones that don't want their licenses pulled and it's easy to intimidate them into stopping prescribing anything and stopping filling prescriptions because THEY are not the ones experiencing severe pain and THEY don't want to risk their license or freedom. And Pam Bondi is so proud of herself, she "stopped people from getting drugs".

And all the street drugs full of fentanyl are still out there and people are still dying from it. Because she never did a damn thing about ANY of the illegal drugs. Not. A. Damn. Thing.
Not only that, she drove a not-insignificant number of those who were properly using pain killers to using illegal drugs.

Return to “Biden Administration”