Spring forward.
To delete this message, click the X at top right.

US v Peter Navarro

Dave from down under

Re: US v Peter Navarro

Post by Dave from down under »

Ah…

But if he had repeated that…

Wouldn’t the repeating have broken his silence??? :confuzzled:
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

Peter Navarro is trying to prove Mike Lindell isn't the dumbest defendant in history.
Supreme Commander, Imperial Illuminati Air Force
:dog:

You don't have to consent, but I'm gonna tase you anyway.
New Turtle

Post by New Turtle »

I bet for his arraignment he will attempt to try his case.
Dr. Caligari

Post by Dr. Caligari »

raison de arizona wrote: Tue Jun 14, 2022 2:52 pm Navarro's argument is apparently that they told him his rights without explicitly reading them from a card, which Navarro considers as possibly a violation of the fourth amendment.
:roll:
IANAL, but I'm pretty sure the requirement is to advise the party of their rights, not to explicitly read them off a card. But what do I know?
Notably, the Miranda rights need not be read in any particular order, and they need not precisely match the language of the Miranda case as long as they are adequately and fully conveyed (California v. Prysock, 453 U.S. 355 (1981)).
Too, also, Miranda is based on the 5th Amendment, not 4th.
J.D., Miskatonic University School of Law
Dr. Caligari

Post by Dr. Caligari »

Dr. Caligari wrote: Wed Jun 15, 2022 11:49 pm Too, also, Miranda is based on the 5th Amendment, not 4th.
Ninja'd by bob. :oopsy:
J.D., Miskatonic University School of Law
northland10
Verified: ✅ I'm me.

Post by northland10 »

I wonder if those arresting him were considering helping him exercise his right to remain silent, with duct tape.
101010 :towel:
Luke
Location: @orly_licious With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA

Post by Luke »

*** REMINDER ***

📅 To call in & laugh at @RealPNavarro 's Arraignment:
HEARING as to PETER K. NAVARRO: Arraignment & Status Conference set for 6/17/2022 at 10:00AM before Judge Mehta. Public access line (877) 848-7030, access code 321-8747.
Lt Root Beer of the Mighty 699th. Fogbow 💙s titular Mama June in Fogbow's Favourite Show™ Mama June: From Not To Hot! Fogbow's Theme Song™ Edith Massey's "I Got The Evidence!" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5jDHZd0JAg
Greatgrey
Verified: 💲8️⃣

Post by Greatgrey »

He finally Lawyered Up!

What's the Frequency, Kenneth?
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

They’re dropping his lawsuit against Pelosi that he apparently hasn’t served her with yet.
https://storage.courtlistener.com/recap ... 57.5.0.pdf
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Luke
Location: @orly_licious With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA

Post by Luke »

Awww that was such a slam dunk suit against Pelosi. Those cowards. Here are Pete's new amigos and since Pete is so chill & focused he must be a pleasure as a client.

Rowley was at Baker but several other firms are on his search results page. Appears he may have his own firm now.
John P Rowley Law Pllc http://jprowleylaw.com
Welcome to JPRowley Law PLLC. Representing companies and individuals in complex civil litigation and white-collar criminal defense.
Mr. John P. Rowley III
Partner
Baker & McKenzie
John P. Rowley III is a partner in the Baker & McKenzie's North America Litigation and Corporate Compliance & Risk Management Practice Groups, and a member of the Firm’s Investigations and Business Crimes Group. Mr. Rowley attended the University of Richmond Law School, where he was a member of the Law Review. After graduating in 1980, he served as law clerk at the United States Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit. Mr. Rowley is a former assistant US attorney and office supervisor for the Eastern District of Virginia, and has handled complex civil disputes and white collar criminal investigations for over 25 years. He is an experienced trial lawyer who has tried numerous jury cases to verdict in federal and state court. Prior to joining the Firm, Mr. Rowley served as staff director for the congressionally-mandated US Department of Defense (DoD) panel which reviewed sexual misconduct allegations at the US Air Force Academy, and played an important role in the panel’s report to the Secretary of Defense and the House and Senate Armed Services Committees.
John S. Irving, IV
Partner, Earth & Water Law

John Irving joined Earth & Water Law as a Partner in March 2021, where his practice focuses on defending clients in enforcement actions, conducting confidential internal investigations, and ensuring the effectiveness of corporate compliance programs. Mr. Irving recently served as Deputy Assistant Administrator in EPA’s Office of Enforcement and Compliance Assurance (OECA), which coordinates and oversees nationwide compliance efforts and administrative, civil, and criminal environmental investigations under the Clean Water Act, Clean Air Act, Resource Conservation and Recovery Act, and other environmental statutes. Prior to joining EPA in 2019, Mr. Irving was a Partner in the Washington, D.C. office of Holland & Knight LLP, where he practiced for twelve years focusing on internal investigations, compliance, and white collar criminal defense – often in the context of environmental laws, the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act, congressional investigations, and the civil False Claims Act. Mr. Irving’s prior experience also includes a decade with the Department of Justice as an Assistant United States Attorney in Washington, D.C., as Counsel to two Deputies Attorney General, and as Counsel to the Assistant Attorney General for the Department’s Environment and Natural Resources Division. Mr. Irving also served as Investigative Counsel to the Government Reform & Oversight Committee of the U.S. House of Representatives, as Special Impeachment Counsel to the House Judiciary Committee, and in the Office of Independent Counsel.
FedSoc bio https://fedsoc.org/contributors/john-irving-2

Pete is really missing out, it all happened so fast... if he'd have asked us, we could have hooked him up with Orly Taitz, he needs a civil rights decedent in this matter.
Lt Root Beer of the Mighty 699th. Fogbow 💙s titular Mama June in Fogbow's Favourite Show™ Mama June: From Not To Hot! Fogbow's Theme Song™ Edith Massey's "I Got The Evidence!" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5jDHZd0JAg
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Peter Navarro had arrived to DC federal court for his arraignment today on two charges of contempt of Congress,
@psmolinski
reports. Navarro didn’t answer questions, but told the press, “All will be revealed.”
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
raison de arizona

Navarro’s attorneys want to delay trial due to his upcoming book publicity tour. Trial date set for November 17th.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

raison de arizona wrote: Fri Jun 17, 2022 10:33 am Navarro’s attorneys want to delay trial due to his upcoming book publicity tour. Trial date set for November 17th.
:?: How many times can he do the same book spin on Fox, Newsmax, etc? He shirley won't go on CNN/MSNBC/ABC, etc.?

Navarro's attorney wants to slow down the trial schedule after Mehta suggests he has availbility in lat August, early September or mid-November.

But Navarro's team says Navarro is planning to put out a book in September and will be on the road a lot.

Navarro's attorney, John Irving, says the book marketing is important to Navarro's livelihood. DOJ wants to move quickly, but Mehta says if the trial isn't this year, the earliest he can do is April.

DOJ has "serious concerns about delaying trial for a book tour."
Can't Navarro just move up the publishing date so he's got time for the big tour? :shrug:
raison de arizona

Kendra wrote: Fri Jun 17, 2022 10:37 am
raison de arizona wrote: Fri Jun 17, 2022 10:33 am Navarro’s attorneys want to delay trial due to his upcoming book publicity tour. Trial date set for November 17th.
:?: How many times can he do the same book spin on Fox, Newsmax, etc? He shirley won't go on CNN/MSNBC/ABC, etc.?

https://twitter.com/kyledcheney/status/ ... 6685879296
Navarro's attorney wants to slow down the trial schedule after Mehta suggests he has availbility in lat August, early September or mid-November.

But Navarro's team says Navarro is planning to put out a book in September and will be on the road a lot.

Navarro's attorney, John Irving, says the book marketing is important to Navarro's livelihood. DOJ wants to move quickly, but Mehta says if the trial isn't this year, the earliest he can do is April.

DOJ has "serious concerns about delaying trial for a book tour."
Can't Navarro just move up the publishing date so he's got time for the big tour? :shrug:
Reports are they said with straight faces that Navarro would be on book tour from August through at least the end of the year, and as such unavailable.
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Just running out the clock, then.
Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

I would NOT want to be the attorney telling a federal judge my client couldn't talk to the J6 Committee and now can't "do" trial about not talking to the J6 Committee because of his book tour about J6. That's a mighty twisted pretzel even for a criminal trial lawyer. :cantlook:
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

raison de arizona

For sometime who refuses to talk, Navarro sure does seem to do an awful lot of talking.
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

Hmmmmmmmmmm....

:think:
Hic sunt dracones
Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

November 17 is on my calendar! :biggrin:
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Peter Navarro's lawyer just now:

"They put him in hand cuffs, they put him in leg irons, I can tell you ladies and gentlemen that does not typically happen to career criminals"
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

"They put him in hand cuffs, they put him in leg irons, I can tell you ladies and gentlemen that does not typically happen to career criminals"
Well, not white guys maybe, but.... Non violent protester, no criminal record

Supreme Commander, Imperial Illuminati Air Force
:dog:

You don't have to consent, but I'm gonna tase you anyway.
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

Peter Navarro's lawyer just now:

Is he telling me they only did it to this career criminal?
Pup Dennis in training to be a guide dog & given to a deserving vet. Thx! ImageImageImage x4
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Some like
@CBSpolitics
MISREPORTING key aspect of case. My attorneys dismissed civil suit SIMPLY as procedural matter. Attorney made clear suit will be evaluated within context of broader case. Read KEY issues at: https://peternavarro.com/peter-sues-pel ... roo-jan-6/

Return to “The January 6 Insurrection, including Criminal Cases”