Spring forward.
To delete this message, click the X at top right.

US v Peter Navarro

Kendra

Re: US v Peter Navarro

Post by Kendra »

DOJ says in late filing that Peter NAVARRO told visiting FBI agents to “get the fuck out of here” when they served him a grand jury subpoena. They also say his tarmac arrest was to avoid publicity, and the leg irons / strip search he complains of is standard US Marshals protocol.
Luke
Location: @orly_licious With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA

Post by Luke »

22 Pages of delightful SMACKDOWN:

The #PeterNavarro full filing for Case 1:22-cr-00200-APM, UNITED STATES’ OPPOSITION TO DEFENDANT’S MOTION TO COMPEL is at: "Defendant received a subpoena, ignored the subpoena’s document demand, and refused to appear for testimony".
Lt Root Beer of the Mighty 699th. Fogbow 💙s titular Mama June in Fogbow's Favourite Show™ Mama June: From Not To Hot! Fogbow's Theme Song™ Edith Massey's "I Got The Evidence!" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5jDHZd0JAg
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Former Trump trade advisor Peter Navarro asks court to dismiss his Contempt of Congress indictment, arguing "Dr. Navarro submits that there is a basis to believe that the prosecution was also the product of unlawful political interference and selective prosecution"
Atticus Finch

Post by Atticus Finch »

Is this the same DR. Navarro who claimed himself an expert on virus as Dr. Fauci?
You don't need religion to have morals. If you can't determine right from wrong then you lack empathy, not religion.
Ben-Prime
Verified: ✅MamaSaysI'mBonaFide

Post by Ben-Prime »

Kendra wrote: Thu Aug 18, 2022 10:39 am
Former Trump trade advisor Peter Navarro asks court to dismiss his Contempt of Congress indictment, arguing "Dr. Navarro submits that there is a basis to believe that the prosecution was also the product of unlawful political interference and selective prosecution"
Translation: "Unlawful political interference is *our thing*, man. You can't take our thing and use it against me!"
But the sunshine aye shall light the sky,
As round and round we run;
And the truth shall ever come uppermost,
And justice shall be done.

- Charles Mackay, "Eternal Justice"
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

Why come is it OK for Navarro to call himself Dr. but not Jill Biden? Funny how that works. Fox News went on endlessly about how Jill Biden wasn't really a doctor. Not a word about Navarro that I've seen. Huh.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

raison de arizona wrote: Thu Aug 18, 2022 2:04 pm Why come is it OK for Navarro to call himself Dr. but not Jill Biden? Funny how that works. Fox News went on endlessly about how Jill Biden wasn't really a doctor. Not a word about Navarro that I've seen. Huh.
Doesn't Gorka have a Dr in front of his name?
raison de arizona

Kendra wrote: Thu Aug 18, 2022 2:12 pm
raison de arizona wrote: Thu Aug 18, 2022 2:04 pm Why come is it OK for Navarro to call himself Dr. but not Jill Biden? Funny how that works. Fox News went on endlessly about how Jill Biden wasn't really a doctor. Not a word about Navarro that I've seen. Huh.
Word on the street is the Gorka's PhD was plagiarized and bogus anyhow, fwiw.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

raison de arizona wrote: Thu Aug 18, 2022 2:43 pm
Word on the street is the Gorka's PhD was plagiarized and bogus anyhow, fwiw.
I'm shocked I tell you, shocked!! :whistle:
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

So do I, but I'm still just a one armed transmission mechanic from Argillite, Kentucky.
Supreme Commander, Imperial Illuminati Air Force
:dog:

You don't have to consent, but I'm gonna tase you anyway.
Ben-Prime

Post by Ben-Prime »

I believe the 'not a Doctor' thing against FLOTUS is that her degree 'wasn't even' a Ph.D., but an Ed.D.. Which is still one more doctorate than most people have. So fuck 'em.

Gregg

Post by Gregg »

Ben-Prime wrote: Fri Aug 19, 2022 1:05 pm I believe the 'not a Doctor' thing against FLOTUS is that her degree 'wasn't even' a Ph.D., but an Ed.D.. Which is still one more doctorate than most people have. So fuck 'em.
An Ed.D. is just as much a Doctor as any other, including M.D.s, J.D.s a nd D.O.s. The only "questionable" Doctorate to me, FWIW is the slew of TV Preachers who all have Doctor of Divinity degrees from each others questionable colleges and University. Oral Roberts, Hillsdale College and Liberty University are the most reputable ones abut there are dozens of ones closer to Trump University than Middle Kentucky Polytechnic Institute.
There are several that don't have any undergraduate degrees but still have that D. Div.. Hell, I didn't know it was a real degree, I thought it was a Hunter Thompson punchline.

raison de arizona

I don't have a problem with people other than MDs titling themselves Dr., they've earned it. I have a problem with the RW ridiculing Jill Biden for it while giving Navarro, Gorka, and their ilk a pass. Especially when Gorka uses the title specifically to hawk quasi-medicinal crap like I heard him doing on the radio this AM.
jcolvin2
Verified:

Post by jcolvin2 »

Gregg wrote: Fri Aug 19, 2022 3:54 pm An Ed.D. is just as much a Doctor as any other, including M.D.s, J.D.s and D.O.s.
As the holder of a J.D., I never thought of myself as having the equivalent of a doctorate. Whenever I dealt with counsel from continental Europe (mostly German and Swiss), I was always impressed that their degrees entitled them to be addressed as "Dr." The J.D. is not even the highest degree, with many law schools offering LLMs ("Legum Magister" or "Master of Laws") in various specialty areas.
chancery
Verified:

Post by chancery »

I've always thought that renaming the LLB degree as JD was a mistake.

"JD" is misleading, radiates an ugly form of status anxiety, and is esthetically less appealing.
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

raison de arizona wrote: Fri Aug 19, 2022 4:15 pm I don't have a problem with people other than MDs titling themselves Dr., they've earned it. I have a problem with the RW ridiculing Jill Biden for it while giving Navarro, Gorka, and their ilk a pass. Especially when Gorka uses the title specifically to hawk quasi-medicinal crap like I heard him doing on the radio this AM.
Slightly off topic.

I have a friend who has for years taught a semester each year at a university in Copenhagen. About ten years ago, he was given an honorary doctorate from the university, and started calling himself Doctor _________. It never seemed proper to me.
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
raison de arizona

AndyinPA wrote: Fri Aug 19, 2022 5:19 pm
raison de arizona wrote: Fri Aug 19, 2022 4:15 pm I don't have a problem with people other than MDs titling themselves Dr., they've earned it. I have a problem with the RW ridiculing Jill Biden for it while giving Navarro, Gorka, and their ilk a pass. Especially when Gorka uses the title specifically to hawk quasi-medicinal crap like I heard him doing on the radio this AM.
Slightly off topic.

I have a friend who has for years taught a semester each year at a university in Copenhagen. About ten years ago, he was given an honorary doctorate from the university, and started calling himself Doctor _________. It never seemed proper to me.
I've known people like that and felt the same way. Doesn't so much fall into the category of "earned it" for me. :shrug:
Ben-Prime

Post by Ben-Prime »

Gregg wrote: Fri Aug 19, 2022 3:54 pm
Ben-Prime wrote: Fri Aug 19, 2022 1:05 pm I believe the 'not a Doctor' thing against FLOTUS is that her degree 'wasn't even' a Ph.D., but an Ed.D.. Which is still one more doctorate than most people have. So fuck 'em.
An Ed.D. is just as much a Doctor as any other, including M.D.s, J.D.s a nd D.O.s. The only "questionable" Doctorate to me, FWIW is the slew of TV Preachers who all have Doctor of Divinity degrees from each others questionable colleges and University. Oral Roberts, Hillsdale College and Liberty University are the most reputable ones abut there are dozens of ones closer to Trump University than Middle Kentucky Polytechnic Institute.
There are several that don't have any undergraduate degrees but still have that D. Div.. Hell, I didn't know it was a real degree, I thought it was a Hunter Thompson punchline.
I 100% agree on the validity of an Ed.D, mind you. But Dr. Biden's critics do not, which was where I was going with that.

Gregg

Post by Gregg »

jcolvin2 wrote: Fri Aug 19, 2022 4:21 pm
Gregg wrote: Fri Aug 19, 2022 3:54 pm An Ed.D. is just as much a Doctor as any other, including M.D.s, J.D.s and D.O.s.
As the holder of a J.D., I never thought of myself as having the equivalent of a doctorate. Whenever I dealt with counsel from continental Europe (mostly German and Swiss), I was always impressed that their degrees entitled them to be addressed as "Dr." The J.D. is not even the highest degree, with many law schools offering LLMs ("Legum Magister" or "Master of Laws") in various specialty areas.
That's interesting. Dumb me thought the LLM was the rough equal of a Master's Degree, being a step below the J.D> but still admitted to practice law.

Learn something new every day!

:biggrin:

Gregg

Post by Gregg »

Ben-Prime wrote: Fri Aug 19, 2022 6:44 pm
I 100% agree on the validity of an Ed.D, mind you. But Dr. Biden's critics do not, which was where I was going with that.

I don't push it per se, my business cards do say Ph.D. though. Also, I do get a little rise when I'm introduced as "Dr. Evans" but Gregg is all I ever expect, does that make me a bad person?

Ben-Prime

Post by Ben-Prime »

Off Topic
Gregg wrote: Fri Aug 19, 2022 6:49 pm I don't push it per se, my business cards do say Ph.D. though. Also, I do get a little rise when I'm introduced as "Dr. Evans" but Gregg is all I ever expect, does that make me a bad person?
You earned it, so it's your call. Use it, don't use it, use it only situationally to piss off the kind of people we all want to piss off ... it's all good and only you can say what's right or wrong with it.

I mean, unless you someday do too many hits of something psychotropic and end up like Navarro.

There, I made it topical again. 8-)

northland10
Verified: ✅ I'm me.

Post by northland10 »

Some of the Episcopal Seminaries have DMin instead of DD (Doctor of Ministry). It is considered more like a professional doctorate (like, for music, DMA) vs a heavier research-oriented Ph.D. Many other seminaries for mainline denominations over DMins.
101010 :towel:
chancery
Verified:

Post by chancery »

northland10 wrote: Fri Aug 19, 2022 8:14 pm Some of the Episcopal Seminaries have DMin instead of DD (Doctor of Ministry). It is considered more like a professional doctorate (like, for music, DMA) vs a heavier research-oriented Ph.D. Many other seminaries for mainline denominations over DMins.
I sang for Alec Wyton, as did, over the course of nearly a decade, my father and brothers. At some point during that period Wyton received an honorary doctorate. Ever afterwards, he was "Dr. Wyton" among every one I knew. I'm pretty sure he never encouraged the use of his honorary title; it simply seemed so appropriate that people used it.
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

I'm not disparaging Doctors of Divinity as a whole, I consider it a legitimate field of study. It's the Televangelists who know about as much religious scholarship as Root Beer (who is vocally Atheist, plus can't read because... dog) giving each other the title.

These Guys

I'm offended that they've cheapened scholarship in general and religion too. Often nakedly for profit.

A list of some of the fine institutions what calls these fools "Doctor".

Th Life Christian University
Canadian Christian Theological Seminary
Southern California School of Ministry
College of Theology at MorningStar University
Veritas International
Clarksville School of Thology (which legit spells Theology wrong in their official website)
Canada Christian College
Patriot Bible University

I could go on all night...

Ben-Prime

Post by Ben-Prime »

Off Topic
Gregg wrote: Fri Aug 19, 2022 8:56 pm It's the Televangelists who know about as much religious scholarship as Root Beer (who is vocally Atheist, plus can't read because... dog) giving each other the title.
I would point out that since All Dogs go to Heaven, the 699th doesn't even really need a chaplain, so there's that.

Return to “The January 6 Insurrection, including Criminal Cases”