2022 Arizona Senate Race

Luke
Location: @orly_licious With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA

2022 Arizona Senate Race

Post by Luke »

BREAKING BREAKING!

1am Eastern:
Dave Wasserman @Redistrict 18m
I've seen enough: Sen. Mark Kelly (D) wins reelection in #AZSEN, defeating Blake Masters (R).

This is a Dave Wasserman call, haven't heard a network call yet but Dave is extremely cautious and responsible.

HOORAY! :thumbsup:
Lt Root Beer of the Mighty 699th. Fogbow 💙s titular Mama June in Fogbow's Favourite Show™ Mama June: From Not To Hot! Fogbow's Theme Song™ Edith Massey's "I Got The Evidence!" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5jDHZd0JAg
New Turtle

2022 Arizona Senate Race

Post by New Turtle »

The networks are probably gonna wait till tomorrow when the first batch of same day dropoffs are released to make sure its not like 80-20 Masters. Then they call for Kelly and Fontes as well.
Luke
Location: @orly_licious With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA

2022 Arizona Senate Race

Post by Luke »

BREAKING BREAKING!

CNN Prediction 10:12pm Eastern:

MARK KELLY WINS!

(Dave Wasserman called it last night.)
Lt Root Beer of the Mighty 699th. Fogbow 💙s titular Mama June in Fogbow's Favourite Show™ Mama June: From Not To Hot! Fogbow's Theme Song™ Edith Massey's "I Got The Evidence!" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5jDHZd0JAg
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

2022 Arizona Senate Race

Post by raison de arizona »

New Turtle wrote: Fri Nov 11, 2022 1:28 am The networks are probably gonna wait till tomorrow when the first batch of same day dropoffs are released to make sure its not like 80-20 Masters. Then they call for Kelly and Fontes as well.
You get a cookie.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Phoenix520
Verified:

2022 Arizona Senate Race

Post by Phoenix520 »

Thanks for your uplifting updates, new turtle!
raison de arizona

2022 Arizona Senate Race

The Post Millennial @TPostMillennial wrote: Blake Masters: "The most honest thing at this point would be for Maricopa County to wipe the slate clean, just take all the ballots, and do a fresh count."
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
bill_g
Verified: ✅ Checked Republic ✓ ᵛᵉʳᶦᶠᶦᵉᵈ

2022 Arizona Senate Race

Post by bill_g »

Fraudit II begins in 3, 2, 1 ...
raison de arizona

2022 Arizona Senate Race

Shannon Watts @shannonrwatts wrote: This “campaign ad” put out by Blake Masters does a great job of illustrating: 1) Why gun extremism turns off voters, 2) Why deregulating silencers - a GOP/NRA priority - is insanely dangerous, 3) Why the FBI should keep tabs on Masters now that he’s lost.
tfgJr is also all about legalizing all silencers. FWIW.
neonzx
Verified: 🤩✅✅✅✅✅🤩

2022 Arizona Senate Race

Post by neonzx »

raison de arizona wrote: Sun Nov 13, 2022 1:15 pm https://twitter.com/shannonrwatts/statu ... 2420090887
Shannon Watts @shannonrwatts wrote: This “campaign ad” put out by Blake Masters does a great job of illustrating: 1) Why gun extremism turns off voters, 2) Why deregulating silencers - a GOP/NRA priority - is insanely dangerous, 3) Why the FBI should keep tabs on Masters now that he’s lost.
For a supposed "Patriot", he seems obsessed with German products (BMW, Walther P99 gun). I like how he downplays the silencer roll -- not about making crime easier, but rather so the shooter doesn't need ear protection.

I think this psycho needs to be on a watch list.
humblescribe
Verified:

2022 Arizona Senate Race

Post by humblescribe »

So, this is "fun?" The way he fondled that gun towards the end of the video seemed to indicate that he was about to have an orgasm.

Maybe some of y'all like shooting guns at nothing in particular. 'Merica! But for me it is a colossal waste of time and money. Time and money better spent chez moi doing more constructive and challenging things.
"Some cause happiness wherever they go; others whenever they go." O. Wilde
pipistrelle

2022 Arizona Senate Race

Post by pipistrelle »

No editing, in and out of focus, nothing about what he's going to do for Arizona. Except randomly shoot without the unpleasantness of hearing protection (it's not unpleasant) and he probably hoped he accidentally and quietly killed border crossers without the Border Patrol's knowledge.

Almost as weird as Ted Cruz's duck call ad.
pipistrelle

2022 Arizona Senate Race

Post by pipistrelle »

neonzx wrote: Sun Nov 13, 2022 2:45 pm
raison de arizona wrote: Sun Nov 13, 2022 1:15 pm https://twitter.com/shannonrwatts/statu ... 2420090887
For a supposed "Patriot", he seems obsessed with German products (BMW, Walther P99 gun). I like how he downplays the silencer roll -- not about making crime easier, but rather so the shooter doesn't need ear protection.

I think this psycho needs to be on a watch list.
This ad made me wonder if Blake Masters is his real name. It sounds like the kind of name someone would pick to sound manly and western.
sugar magnolia

2022 Arizona Senate Race

Post by sugar magnolia »

I kept waiting for the zoom in at the end to a cardboard cut out of Juan and Jose.

And yea, he would have been straight up stroking that silencer if it wasn't hot.
Phoenix520
Verified:

2022 Arizona Senate Race

Post by Phoenix520 »

Kendra

2022 Arizona Senate Race

Post by Kendra »

This ad made me wonder if Blake Masters is his real name. It sounds like the kind of name someone would pick to sound manly and western.
I was only half paying attention, but I think I heard some mention on CNN yesterday about his grandfather being a senator and either ran against Harry Reid and/or succeeded him or something like that. I'll see if the Google machine can help me.
W. Kevin Vicklund

2022 Arizona Senate Race

Post by W. Kevin Vicklund »

Kendra wrote: Sun Nov 13, 2022 6:42 pm
I was only half paying attention, but I think I heard some mention on CNN yesterday about his grandfather being a senator and either ran against Harry Reid and/or succeeded him or something like that. I'll see if the Google machine can help me.
You're thinking of Laxalt, whom Reid supplanted.
Kendra

2022 Arizona Senate Race

Post by Kendra »

Here's something:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paul_Laxalt

:snippity:
Laxalt was married in 1946 to Jackalyn Ross (1927–2004), the daughter of John Rolly Ross, who was a federal judge in Nevada.[17] The couple had five daughters (Gail, Sheila, Michelle, Kevin, and Kathleen) and one son (John Paul). They divorced in 1972. Laxalt was married to his second wife, Carol, until his death. She had one daughter (Denise) from a previous marriage. After he retired from the Senate, Paul and Carol Laxalt continued to reside in northern Virginia. Laxalt had twelve grandchildren and four great-grandchildren.[18]

In 1978, Laxalt's daughter Michelle had a son, Adam Laxalt, with Laxalt's then-Senate colleague, Pete Domenici of New Mexico. Michelle Laxalt raised Adam as a single parent. Adam Laxalt's paternity was not publicly acknowledged by his parents until 2013.[19][20] At that time, Domenici acknowledged that Laxalt was his son and was born as a result of an extramarital liaison.[20] Laxalt's grandson Adam served as Attorney General of Nevada from 2015 to 2019.[18] In the 2022 midterm elections Adam narrowly lost his bid to unseat Catherine Cortez Masto, the incumbent United States Senator from Nevada.
:snippity:

:confuzzled: Wasn't Laxalt in the NV Senate race, yet we're in the AZ Senate thread. I am a confused :oldlady:

[edit} N/M got Laxalt (NV) and Masters (AZ) confuzzled 'cause :confuzzled: [/edit]
keith
Occupation: Retired Computer Systems Analyst Project Manager Super Coder
Verified: ✅lunatic

2022 Arizona Senate Race

Post by keith »

Off Topic
At the local Democrats Abroad election watch pub crawl I went to instead of doing the correct thing and drinking "alone" in front of a Fogbowser Election watch zoomer, there was a Nevada voter that had never heard of Laxalt till I mentioned him.

To her credit she may have been there cause she was lonely and lost in the big city, but there was a guy sitting on her other side who was absolutely desperate to impress her, she didnt need try hiding under a basket for me.

Has everybody heard about the bird?
raison de arizona

2022 Arizona Senate Race

Masters conceded this morning:
AndyinPA
Verified:

2022 Arizona Senate Race

Post by AndyinPA »

:sick:
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
Dr. Ken

2022 Arizona Senate Race

Post by Dr. Ken »

Blake... GFY
ImageImagePhilly Boondoggle
Slarti the White
Verified: Badges... we don't need no stinkin' badges

2022 Arizona Senate Race

Post by Slarti the White »

Has the poor man become unionized yet, or is he still missing his stolen electron?

[That being said, good for him for conceding -- the rest of his blather is about the best we can expect from losing Republicans these days.]
pipistrelle

2022 Arizona Senate Race

Post by pipistrelle »

All those things consist of American voters, just like you buttercup. Get over it.
much ado

2022 Arizona Senate Race

Post by much ado »

pipistrelle wrote: Tue Nov 15, 2022 6:03 pm All those things consist of American voters, just like you buttercup. Get over it.
It never seems to sink in to their little crania that perhaps, just a chance, most voters do not favor their policies.

They are always seeking another explanation.
humblescribe
Verified:

2022 Arizona Senate Race

Post by humblescribe »

It was decent of him to call to concede.

Then he turns around and lists his gripes. Sounds like a convicted felon who then blames everyone else for his crimes. :violin:

Lookit, Blake: You backed the wrong horse. You want the rethuglicans to return to glory? Start acting like adults and work with the other side. Don't be pointing fingers.
"Some cause happiness wherever they go; others whenever they go." O. Wilde

Return to “U.S. Senate”