Spring forward.
To delete this message, click the X at top right.

2022 Arizona Senate Race

Dr. Ken

Re: 2022 Arizona Senate Race

Post by Dr. Ken »

Blake is scrubbing his website again
ImageImagePhilly Boondoggle
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

Dirty, dirty pool.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
raison de arizona

“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: as seen on qvc zombie apocalypse

Post by Foggy »

Whoa, that's a particularly shabby job of photoshopping.
Out from under. :thumbsup:
raison de arizona

Halp! Halp, I say! Blake Masters is drowning!
Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

Well, raison, I had no idea the situation in Arizona was so dire! :shock:
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
Dr. Ken

Post by Dr. Ken »

How many of these names signed the fake electors besides Kelli Ward?
raison de arizona

Dr. Ken wrote: Tue Sep 13, 2022 11:47 am How many of these names signed the fake electors besides Kelli Ward?
I think she is the only one.
► Show Spoiler
Dr. Ken

Post by Dr. Ken »

2, Robert Montgomery is on that list too
raison de arizona

Dr. Ken wrote: Tue Sep 13, 2022 1:46 pm 2, Robert Montgomery is on that list too
:bag: need covfefe
raison de arizona

Blake Masters Wants to Fire All Generals and Replace Them With Conservatives
Masters explicitly called for a wholesale firing of the generals at least seven times between August 2021 and March 2022.

Blake Masters, the Republican nominee for Senate in Arizona, has repeatedly said the U.S. should clean house on the senior ranks of the military, pushing the claim that all the generals and admirals are “woke” and “left-wing” losers who’ve never won a war.

His solution? Fire them all, and promote “the most conservative colonels.”

“Your entire general class, they're left-wing politicians at this point. It's very hard to become a general without being some kind of left-of-center politician,” he said at an Apache Junction Ladies for President Trump event in August 2021, according to audio obtained by VICE News. “I would love to see all the generals get fired. You take the most conservative colonels, you promote them to general. Not because the ideology is important, but because the conservative colonels will be able to leave the ideology aside. They just care about an effective fighting force.”
:snippity:
https://www.vice.com/en/article/dy7xp7/ ... servatives
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

"... You take the most conservative colonels, you promote them to general ..."

Luckily like the other generals they would not have a war to fight at the moment, but unlucky for them they will not like the classification their Big Overlord, the former guy, would have for them: loosers. Cause one does not get a rank by proclamation but by doing the required studies and trainings. Inference is not a great thing for the speaker of above words, cause he would have to conclude that the US just had lost a major war and got relegated to a third country.
raison de arizona

Who's gonna lose to Mark Kelly? Blake Masters, that's who! Even McConnell is giving up on him. :clap:
COURIER @CourierNewsroom wrote: NEW: Mitch McConnell is pulling his Super PAC’s support from Blake Masters in Arizona; canceling $9.6M in television ads, Axios reports.
https://www.axios.com/2022/09/20/mcconn ... ke-masters
Luke
Location: @orly_licious With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA

2022 Arizona Senate Race

Post by Luke »

We watched the AZ Senate debate. OMG Blake Masters is a nasty, unlikeable jerk. Mark Kelly is likable and wants to pursue bipartisanship. That won't sell to MAGAts, but that's their problem.

Mark Kelly's call out of Blake was a high point for him, imagine we'll see a lot of this clip:

Mark was slow out of the gate, we got nervous at the top, there was a lot to defend. But then he picked up, used "folks" like Joe Biden does, and made common sense. Blake was so offensive that it's hard to imagine Arizonians will want to see him on TV for six years. The libertarian guy was pretty funny, it sounds like he's been a gadfly lawyer forevah. At least this debate was an hour... the GOP primary governor's debate with Kari Lake was only 30 minutes.

Look forward to RDA's reaction.
Lt Root Beer of the Mighty 699th. Fogbow 💙s titular Mama June in Fogbow's Favourite Show™ Mama June: From Not To Hot! Fogbow's Theme Song™ Edith Massey's "I Got The Evidence!" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5jDHZd0JAg
raison de arizona

2022 Arizona Senate Race

In a nutshell, Masters is a nutjob who held extreme positions during the primary. Examples, pro ghost gun, anti contraception, etc. He's trying desperately to move to the middle, but I'm hoping enough folks will see through that. I was disappointed to see Liz Cheney call out Lake (governor) and Finchem (SoS) and not call out Masters in her statements, but others have stepped in and supported Kelly as AZ Republicans who aren't actually insane. A bad rumor going around is that since McConnell has effectively abandoned Masters (as far as ad dollars,) Peter Thiel has decided to step in and prop him up with $10M. Boo, hiss! AZ TV is crazy right now, I don't watch a lot, but in what I've seen nearly every commercial is a political ad, and while there are a healthy amount of anti-Kelly, there are a metric shit-ton of anti-Masters ads rolling, hoisting him on his own petard via his pre-general election statements. Other than that, Masters doesn't do himself any favors in his ads. He tends to feature his children and portray himself as EveryDad, but it just comes off stilted and creepy.

Go Kelly!

My neighborhood is pretty solidly 1/2 and 1/2, but I've seen multiple yard signs for Kelly, and zero for Masters. FWIW.
New Turtle

2022 Arizona Senate Race

Post by New Turtle »

I'm getting Mark Kelly ads on my youtubes. Also Julie Gunnigle for Maricopa County Attorney.
raison de arizona

2022 Arizona Senate Race

New Turtle wrote: Thu Oct 13, 2022 1:47 pm I'm getting Mark Kelly ads on my youtubes. Also Julie Gunnigle for Maricopa County Attorney.
Julie Gunnigle is awesome and has my vote. That said, if she loses, at least Rachel Mitchell isn't a MAGA Republican, I'm pretty sure. I've seen zero Gunnigle signs in my neighborhood, but many Mitchell ones. For what that's worth, because we all know who has the biggest rallies most yard signs wins.
Dr. Ken

2022 Arizona Senate Race

Post by Dr. Ken »

raison de arizona

2022 Arizona Senate Race

raison de arizona

2022 Arizona Senate Race

Some turkey down the street from me has a Masters yard sign. Yech.
Blake Masters Threatens ‘Gridlock,’ Government Shutdown Over His Racist Immigration Proposals
A government shutdown would greatly affect Arizona’s economy in a variety of sectors, all in the name of promoting Masters’ personal agenda.

Despite having no policy record whatsoever, Republican US Senate candidate Blake Masters has been very clear about his plans for national immigration policy.

Masters has repeatedly said that he would support shutting down the government and blocking Department of Homeland Security (DHS) funding in order to ensure the implementation of his draconian immigration proposals, such as tripling the size of Border Patrol and opposing a pathway to citizenship for DREAMers, who were brought to the United States as minors and are given temporary conditional residency and the right to work.

Masters’ comments throughout his campaign further suggest that his motivation regarding immigration policy is racially-motivated.

Motivated by Conspiracy Theories
In May, Masters said that the border crisis was ruining the country and repeated the “great replacement” theory, which, according to the Southern Poverty Law Center, is the idea that demographic changes within the United States in recent years are a deliberate attempt by Democratic and progressive politicians to replace more conservative white voters.

“The left wants to bring in millions of illegal aliens and then they want to give these people amnesty,” Masters said on Real America’s Voice at the time. “They want to make these people voters. The left’s policies are so unpopular, they know they can’t win fair and square. So they’re just trying to manufacture and import a new electorate.”
:snippity:
https://coppercourier.com/story/blake-m ... wn-senate/

That's the bad news. The good news is that I'm pretty confident he's going to lose to Mark Kelly.
raison de arizona

2022 Arizona Senate Race

To be clear, Masters has no connection to the military or law enforcement. He majored in PolySci before getting his law degree. He was a protege of venture capitalist Peter Thiel. Anyway.
Phoenix520
Verified:

2022 Arizona Senate Race

Post by Phoenix520 »

Protège or puppy?
sugar magnolia

2022 Arizona Senate Race

Post by sugar magnolia »

raison de arizona wrote: Fri Nov 04, 2022 4:41 pm To be clear, Masters has no connection to the military or law enforcement. He majored in PolySci before getting his law degree. He was a protege of venture capitalist Peter Thiel. Anyway.
That's gonna leave a sticky residue.
pipistrelle

2022 Arizona Senate Race

Post by pipistrelle »

raison de arizona wrote: Fri Nov 04, 2022 4:41 pm To be clear, Masters has no connection to the military or law enforcement. He majored in PolySci before getting his law degree. He was a protege of venture capitalist Peter Thiel. Anyway.
► Show Spoiler
If he were a troubled high school kid, we might look at that as a threat.
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: as seen on qvc zombie apocalypse

2022 Arizona Senate Race

Post by Foggy »

Those are way more official badges than poor ol' Herschel has. Those are real. :liar: :lol:
Out from under. :thumbsup:

Return to “U.S. Senate”