Spring forward.
To delete this message, click the X at top right.

have you received your vaccine yet?

We have ALL your misinformation, plus some TRUE FACTS and SCIENCE.
Resume18

Re: have you received your vaccine yet?

Post by Resume18 »

3rd Pfizer booster tomorrow.
Like as the waves make towards the pebbled shore,
So do our minutes hasten to their end . . .
sugar magnolia

Post by sugar magnolia »

MN-Skeptic wrote: Sun Sep 25, 2022 1:28 pm I'm going to get my third booster on Wednesday.

My previous shots have all been Moderna. I'll be getting the Pfizer bivalent this time. Does anyone know of a reason I should stick with the Moderna? (I can change my appt if it makes more sense to stick with the Moderna shots.)
If you got the Moderna the first two times, you have to get the Moderna bivalent. Yes, they checked my vaccine record to see which one to give me.
MN-Skeptic

Post by MN-Skeptic »

sugar magnolia wrote: Sun Sep 25, 2022 4:51 pm
MN-Skeptic wrote: Sun Sep 25, 2022 1:28 pm I'm going to get my third booster on Wednesday.

My previous shots have all been Moderna. I'll be getting the Pfizer bivalent this time. Does anyone know of a reason I should stick with the Moderna? (I can change my appt if it makes more sense to stick with the Moderna shots.)
If you got the Moderna the first two times, you have to get the Moderna bivalent. Yes, they checked my vaccine record to see which one to give me.
Thanks. I couldn't find anything confirming that, but I'll take your word for it. I canceled my Wednesday Pfizer appointment and set up a new, Moderna appointment for a week from Monday. I just want to be protected before my niece's wedding at the end of October.
Kriselda Gray
Verified:

Post by Kriselda Gray »

sugar magnolia wrote: Sun Sep 25, 2022 4:51 pm If you got the Moderna the first two times, you have to get the Moderna bivalent. Yes, they checked my vaccine record to see which one to give me.
I wonder what they'll end up giving me. So far I've had one Johnson, one Moderna and one Pfizer. I get mine from the Health Department's mobile unit that comes out for shut-ins, so they should know what will be best with that combo...
Resume18

Post by Resume18 »

Resume18 wrote: Sun Sep 25, 2022 4:48 pm 3rd Pfizer booster tomorrow.
Got it a few hours ago; achy, meh feeling, a bit more than the last one.
Like as the waves make towards the pebbled shore,
So do our minutes hasten to their end . . .
Shizzle Popped
Verified:

Post by Shizzle Popped »

We've been trying to setup an appointment but haven't had any luck yet. I've tried the Kroger around the corner and the WalMart up the road (where we got our other rounds) and haven't had any luck. My wife has tried the Indiana .gov site and has gotten bounced out a couple of times. Soon, I hope.
"Let us tenderly and kindly cherish, therefore, the means of knowledge. Let us dare to read, think, speak, and write."
John Adams
Fiascoist

Post by Fiascoist »

Not doing them in Costa Rica yet. But will get one when I can.
Fiascoist

Post by Fiascoist »

Oops, forgot to say, my third booster.
MN-Skeptic

Post by MN-Skeptic »

Shizzle Popped wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 6:50 pm We've been trying to setup an appointment but haven't had any luck yet. I've tried the Kroger around the corner and the WalMart up the road (where we got our other rounds) and haven't had any luck. My wife has tried the Indiana .gov site and has gotten bounced out a couple of times. Soon, I hope.
Is there a CVS near you? That's where I'm getting my bivalent. It was easy to schedule my appointment online.
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

CDC says since we just recently had Covid, we should wait three months after, so mid-November here.
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
Shizzle Popped
Verified:

Post by Shizzle Popped »

MN-Skeptic wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 7:27 pm
Shizzle Popped wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 6:50 pm We've been trying to setup an appointment but haven't had any luck yet. I've tried the Kroger around the corner and the WalMart up the road (where we got our other rounds) and haven't had any luck. My wife has tried the Indiana .gov site and has gotten bounced out a couple of times. Soon, I hope.
Is there a CVS near you? That's where I'm getting my bivalent. It was easy to schedule my appointment online.
Actually, there’s one about a mile down the road but we’ve never used it for anything. I’ll give it a shot. Thanks!
"Let us tenderly and kindly cherish, therefore, the means of knowledge. Let us dare to read, think, speak, and write."
John Adams
Annrc
Verified:

Post by Annrc »

Third Moderna booster today.
p0rtia

Post by p0rtia »

MN-Skeptic

Post by MN-Skeptic »

Shizzle Popped wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 8:13 pm
Actually, there’s one about a mile down the road but we’ve never used it for anything. I’ll give it a shot. Thanks!
Intentional pun?
wavey davey

Post by wavey davey »

Wavey Wifey and I got our 3rd Moderna booster yesterday. No ill effects at all. We barely even felt the injection, and there is not even the minor soreness afterward at the injection site as was the case before.
Image Image ImageImage
Shizzle Popped
Verified:

Post by Shizzle Popped »

MN-Skeptic wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 9:21 pm
Shizzle Popped wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 8:13 pm
Intentional pun?
Not really. I saw it just after I posted and chuckled at myself. ;)
John Adams
scirreeve

Post by scirreeve »

Was surprised that it was difficult to get an appointment soon. I guess that is good cuz demand etc. Anyway got one scheduled for next week. Lead time in my town was 3 weeks but town just south had one available next week so I snagged that appt. Daughter had it yesterday - wife reserved the in town one so she has to wait a couple of weeks.
MN-Skeptic

Post by MN-Skeptic »

I got the bivalent this morning. :dance:

I saw this tweet just now. Thought you might like it -

qbawl

Post by qbawl »

This afternoon I got the bivalent and the +65 flu shot and except for the sudden sprouting of ear hair everything seems fine.
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

Got the combination of new adaptive Booster (my second booster) and the flu vaccine, and, aside from the usual marauding for the flesh of the innocent, everything seems ok. I expect I will be flat on my back tomorrow with fatigue though. Digesting those virgins is always a struggle.
Hic sunt dracones
Sam the Centipede

Post by Sam the Centipede »

Suranis wrote: Thu Oct 06, 2022 7:00 pmDigesting those virgins is always a struggle.
I wonder if misogynistic jihadists will be disappointed when martyred to jannah/heaven only to discover their reward is 72 virions?
Shizzle Popped
Verified:

Post by Shizzle Popped »

Mrs. Shizzle and I got our bivalent booster (5th shot for both of us) and our flu shots today. We were scheduled for a nearby Walgreens but for some reason they wouldn't take my wife's insurance even though they took mine. We're both on the same ACA plan but with different providers. She walked across the parking lot to the Walmart where we got our other shots but had been unable to schedule with online. She got a walk-in appointment and was back before I was called for my shots. I'm glad it's done. Neither of us are experiencing any ill effects so far but it was always the second day that got me.
John Adams
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

We are scheduled for flu shots and the next Covid booster on Oct 24th.

Mrs.V wanted to wait until she was fully recovered from her hip surgery.
“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
Gupwalla

Post by Gupwalla »

Should get a double-hit of anti-flu and bivalent Covid booster this afternoon.

I’m right as rain health wise (“for someone your age” — Dr Doogie), but this is Texas where the neighbors aren’t as likely to do their part, so time to cover my own bases.

Edit: All vaxxed up. Neither arm has fallen off yet, and so far I’ve resisted being mind-controlled by the nano bots. Whew.
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

We just got our flu shots and the latest Covid bivalent boosters. :thumbsup:
“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace

Return to “COVID-19 and its several variants”