Spring forward.
To delete this message, click the X at top right.

have you received your vaccine yet?

We have ALL your misinformation, plus some TRUE FACTS and SCIENCE.
Kriselda Gray
Verified:

Post by Kriselda Gray »

Something I've noticed since I got my 3rd shot (I've now had one shot of each of the original 3 types, but my Health Department hasn't been out my way with the new ones yet) is that I'm getting far fewer colds, and the ones I do get last about half as long as usual and are fairly mild. It feels like by getting the vaccinations against the COVID coronavirus it's helping my body fight off other coronaviruses like the ones that cause the common cold.

Has anyone else experienced that?
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

I don't think that unusual. I haven't really had a bad cold, and not even really mild ones, since the pandemic arrived. I think the increased handwashing, masking, distancing has been effective at keeping colds at bay, too.
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: as seen on qvc zombie apocalypse

Post by Foggy »

Got a Pfizer booster (finally). Already got flu and pneumonia vaxes.
Out from under. :thumbsup:
Frater I*I
Verified: ✅Verified Devilish Hyena

Post by Frater I*I »

Foggy wrote: Fri Nov 11, 2022 7:04 am Got a Pfizer booster (finally). Already got flu and pneumonia vaxes.
So we should ready ourselves to join Fogbow 3.0 when the nanobot crash this one... :think:
"He sewed his eyes shut because he is afraid to see, He tries to tell me what I put inside of me
He's got the answers to ease my curiosity, He dreamed a god up and called it Christianity"

Trent Reznor
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

It's a magnetic subject ;)
Reddog

Post by Reddog »

Got Moderna bivalent ( second booster), and +65 flu shot a few days ago. No symptoms at all that I noticed. First booster arm was sore for days.
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

Got shot number five today. I'm 50/50 on side effects from the first four, so I have no idea what will happen this time. I would have gotten it sooner, but the CDC said anyone with Covid-19 should wait 90 days since that gave a good level of protection. I had it in August and waited until after Thanksgiving since I did the dinner.

I have had four Moderna, including this one, and one Pfizer.

I expect to be getting another one within the next year. I expect most of us will.
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
Gupwalla

Post by Gupwalla »

How are there five shots now - I thought I was topped up at four!
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

Gupwalla wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 7:09 pm How are there five shots now - I thought I was topped up at four!
Two original (unless J&J), two boosters, and now the bivalent booster that came out in September. Hard to keep track of them without a scorecard!
Gupwalla

Post by Gupwalla »

AndyinPA wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 7:30 pm Two original (unless J&J), two boosters, and now the bivalent booster that came out in September. Hard to keep track of them without a scorecard!
Ah, thanks! I went in for booster #2 in October and got the bivalent instead, so I think I am all caught up after all. (I checked my CDC proof-of-vaccine scorecard, which is getting pretty full!)
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

CDC card is getting full, but all the shots and boosters are ending up on cards in my iOS wallet. One from a local hospital for three shots, one from a clinic for a booster, and one from Walgreens for the bivalent.
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

Minor side effects with this one, so no complaints. Sore arm, no big deal, but yesterday I definitely felt fatigued. Pretty good today, making turkey soup. :thumbsup:

Return to “COVID-19 and its several variants”