Spring forward.
To delete this message, click the X at top right.

have you received your vaccine yet?

We have ALL your misinformation, plus some TRUE FACTS and SCIENCE.
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Re: have you received your vaccine yet?

Post by Slim Cognito »

bill_g wrote: Sat Apr 17, 2021 8:29 am
pipistrelle wrote: Sat Apr 17, 2021 8:11 am I wonder if some majorly sore arms are related to the skill of the person administering. Both of mine were done by seasoned hospital nurses, and neither hurt later.
Maybe, but it could be how relaxed you had your delt. The needles are very short, barely a centimeter. They just have to get it into the muscle. But, if you're tensed up, there's more tissue damage.
#2 Modern at 4:30 today. I'm pretty good at relaxing for shots, they're not a problem for me. With #1, I remember waking at midnight with a sore arm which lasted about 24 hours. Hubs was slightly sore, mine felt like I'd been hit with a bat. To be fair, I was sleeping on that arm. I'll not do that tonight.
Pup Dennis in training to be a guide dog & given to a deserving vet. Thx! ImageImageImage x4
Shizzle Popped
Verified:

Post by Shizzle Popped »

I got the second shot of Moderna at 9 am this morning. I'm feeling a little fuzzy which happened with the first shot too but otherwise I feel fine.
"Let us tenderly and kindly cherish, therefore, the means of knowledge. Let us dare to read, think, speak, and write."
John Adams
jmj

Post by jmj »

about to head out the door for my first Pfizer... :whistle:
Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

jmj wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 11:22 am about to head out the door for my Pfirst Pfizer... :whistle:
FIFY :dance:
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
Resume18

Post by Resume18 »

So after 24 I ended up with a sore arm, a lotta tired and meh, and vague headache and body aches, treated with Advil and a bit of Sauvignon Blanc.
Like as the waves make towards the pebbled shore,
So do our minutes hasten to their end . . .
Luke
Location: @orly_licious With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA

Post by Luke »

:dance: Hooray, done! Pfizer #2 this morning and actually not as sore as #1, but got a bit dizzy (nearly fell right after at the CVS so sat back down for a few more minutes, be careful of those moving folding chairs! :lol: ). Came right back, laid down and listened to some of this wonderful Audible book, Shakespeare The Biography. Read by Simon Vance, we love his soothing voice, he reads the Anne Rice books too.

In a magnificent feat of re-creating sixteenth-century London and Stratford, best-selling biographer and novelist Peter Ackroyd brings William Shakespeare to life in the manner of a contemporary rather than a biographer. Following his magisterial and ingenious re-creations of the lives of Chaucer, Dickens, T. S. Eliot, William Blake, and Sir Thomas More, Ackroyd delivers his crowning achievement with this definitive and imaginative biographical masterpiece.

One more week! :boxing:

Lt Root Beer of the Mighty 699th. Fogbow 💙s titular Mama June in Fogbow's Favourite Show™ Mama June: From Not To Hot! Fogbow's Theme Song™ Edith Massey's "I Got The Evidence!" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5jDHZd0JAg
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

I thought it was two weeks after the second dose of Pfizer. If it's 7 days, I AM IMMUNE!!!
NewMexGirl

Post by NewMexGirl »

pipistrelle wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 8:10 pm I thought it was two weeks after the second dose of Pfizer. If it's 7 days, I AM IMMUNE!!!
Hmm. On my Pfizer post-second dose info sheet it says two weeks. This is the info sheet we were handed at the vaccination site. Every day new data emerge, though. :stars:
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

NewMexGirl wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 8:25 pm
pipistrelle wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 8:10 pm I thought it was two weeks after the second dose of Pfizer. If it's 7 days, I AM IMMUNE!!!
Hmm. On my Pfizer post-second dose info sheet it says two weeks. This is the info sheet we were handed at the vaccination site. Every day new data emerge, though. :stars:
CDC does say two weeks.
When you are fully vaccinated
People are considered fully vaccinated:

2 weeks after their second shot in a 2-dose series, like the Pfizer or Moderna vaccines, or
2 weeks after a single-shot vaccine, like Johnson & Johnson’s Janssen vaccine
https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-nc ... -shot.html
Luke
Location: @orly_licious With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA

Post by Luke »

Looks like there's conflicting information and that chart was from the BBC, but since it was from Dec 2020 looked around a bit more. Two weeks can't hurt, but still seeing many sources saying a week after the Pfizer gets it to 95%. After the 1st dose is 80% so we're all still ahead -- but apologies if this created any confusion, wasn't the intention at all.

Healthline: Medically reviewed by Cameron White, M.D., MPH — Written by Jill Seladi-Schulman, Ph.D. on March 9, 2021
Now that we’ve discussed how long it generally takes to have immunity, let’s take a look at the effectiveness of the Pfizer-BioNTech and Moderna vaccines in the weeks after the second dose.

PFIZER-BIONTECH
The Pfizer-BioNTech clinical trial evaluated vaccine effectiveness 1 week after participants had gotten their second dose. Researchers found that the vaccine was 95 percent effective at preventing COVID-19 at this point.

MODERNA
The Moderna clinical trial looked at vaccine effectiveness 2 weeks after participants had received their second dose. At this point, the vaccine was found to be 94.1 percent effective at preventing COVID-19.
https://www.healthline.com/health/how-l ... you-immune

Reference: Safety and Efficacy of the BNT162b2 mRNA Covid-19 Vaccine Dec 10, 2020 https://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/NEJMoa2034577
Lt Root Beer of the Mighty 699th. Fogbow 💙s titular Mama June in Fogbow's Favourite Show™ Mama June: From Not To Hot! Fogbow's Theme Song™ Edith Massey's "I Got The Evidence!" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5jDHZd0JAg
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

#2 Moderna yesterday afternoon. Arm was sore with first one, this time it feels like Babe Ruth tried to hit it out of the park.

Headache started last night. The pharmacist told me it was best not to take any pain reliever if I could avoid it but if I ran a high fever to take Tylenol. No fever, thank goodness, but still have the headache. About 2 a.m. last night, I got up and rubbed some topical MJ into my temples and was able to get some sleep. I'll probably do it again here in a couple of hours and lie back down.

Totally worth it.
Pup Dennis in training to be a guide dog & given to a deserving vet. Thx! ImageImageImage x4
Tiredretiredlawyer

:bighug:
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
Lani

Post by Lani »

Hope this is ok to post here. We know that some communities are vaccine-averse. Not the anti-science idjits, but people with a heritage of abuse. This public service video touched my heart, especially the day after the Chauvin verdict.

Image You can't wait until life isn't hard anymore before you decide to be happy.
jcolvin2
Verified:

Post by jcolvin2 »

Second Pfizer yesterday 4/21/21 afternoon.
Tiredretiredlawyer

jcolvin2 wrote: Thu Apr 22, 2021 9:28 am Psecond Pfizer yesterday 4/21/21 afternoon.
FIFY.
fierceredpanda
Location: BAR Headquarters - Turn left at the portrait of George III
Occupation: Criminal defense attorney. I am not your lawyer. My posts != legal advice.

Post by fierceredpanda »

Tiredretiredlawyer wrote: Thu Apr 22, 2021 9:34 am
jcolvin2 wrote: Thu Apr 22, 2021 9:28 am Psecond Pfizer yesterday 4/21/21 afternoon.
FIFY.
PIPY.

Pfixed It Pfor You.

:dance: ;)
"There's no play here. There's no angle. There's no champagne room. I'm not a miracle worker, I'm a janitor. The math on this is simple. The smaller the mess, the easier it is for me to clean up." -Michael Clayton
Estiveo
Verified:

Post by Estiveo »

My fpoon is getting jealous.
Image Image Image Image
Tiredretiredlawyer

:rotflmao:
W. Kevin Vicklund

Post by W. Kevin Vicklund »

Dr. Vicklund just texted me that she got her second Pfizer jab, no immediate reaction. In two weeks, the Vicklund household will be fully vaccinated. Still masking and social distancing, of course.
duck dodgers
Verified: ✅ Until 23,500

Post by duck dodgers »

Mrs. dodgers and I are finally fully vaccinated. Week from Friday will be 2 weeks and we are going out to dinner. :biggrin:
"You can syndicate any boat you row"
keith
Occupation: Retired Computer Systems Analyst Project Manager Super Coder
Verified: ✅lunatic

Post by keith »

First does of Astra-Zeneca today. 2nd Shot scheduled for 18 August.

Experience: whole thing went smoothly. I felt NOTHING not even a prick. SWMBO felt the dose go in but not the needle prick. After twiddling thumbs for 15 minutes, we were sent home. Opening the door of the clinic, my arm felt a bit weak. By the time we got to the car (a block away) that sensation was gone, but my elbow had a bit of an ache. The elbow might well have been arthritis - I have lots of arthritis all over that I hardly notice anymore unless I'm looking for it. 3 hours later and I don't notice anything at all that wasn't there an hour before the shot.

Second shot in August seems a long way away, but Australia is having real problems getting doses. They shot their wad early on the Australian vaccine development that got called off before final trials (it tended to cause false positives for HIV) and then didn't fund the research to fix the problems (they have already corrected the problem, but there is no funding for new trials), so now we have to scramble to get enough.
Has everybody heard about the bird?
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

Just got booster number three, the updated Moderna.
MN-Skeptic

Post by MN-Skeptic »

I'm going to get my third booster on Wednesday.

My previous shots have all been Moderna. I'll be getting the Pfizer bivalent this time. Does anyone know of a reason I should stick with the Moderna? (I can change my appt if it makes more sense to stick with the Moderna shots.)
p0rtia

Post by p0rtia »

Joining in!

Third booster two weeks ago (minimal reaction--much less than any previous COVID vaxx).
Wintermute
Verified:

Post by Wintermute »

I received my 3rd booster last Friday, Pfizer bivalilent jab zand in a hat tip to the Montainist my side effect was also a guitar =^..^=

Return to “COVID-19 and its several variants”