mad at spouse thread

sad-cafe

mad at spouse thread

Post by sad-cafe »

I'll start.

I bought this nautical flag for when we cruise. We used it one time, then covid.

We ship out on Saturday and I have looked ALL over for it this week.

Hubby admits after I scoured every closet and garage space and under the bed that he probably threw it out. It was specially made for us and I have no idea where I found the website and it takes a while to make.

moving -we had to downsize again.

I know-its the stupid thing to worry about but..............
Attachments
flag.jpg
flag.jpg (23.39 KiB) Viewed 813 times
bill_g
Verified: ✅ Checked Republic ✓ ᵛᵉʳᶦᶠᶦᵉᵈ

Re: mad at spouse thread

Post by bill_g »

Taking a cheater cup of coffee while it's brewing. She's done it since forever, but it still bugs me, and I'm always glad when I get to make the coffee because it will be more to my liking.

She measures in the coffee, pours the water, hits the start button, and then hovers until at least a half cup is ready. She pours it for herself, but because it's so strong she has to water it down. Okay. But, she's just taken all the flavor out of the rest of the pot. She's taken the best part. Every. Damn. Day. For more than forty years.

Oddly, the coffee I make is too strong for her liking, but she loves her some Starbucks or Dutch Bros when she can get it.

Zero problems with toothpaste though. That was never an issue. Just the coffee. And yes I've considered his-n-hers coffee makers. Not enough counter space. But, I do have a travel pot that has been pressed into service a few times to make a short pot for me, myself, and I. Works wonderfully.
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

sad-cafe wrote: Tue May 31, 2022 12:54 pm I'll start.

I bought this nautical flag for when we cruise. We used it one time, then covid.

We ship out on Saturday and I have looked ALL over for it this week.

Hubby admits after I scoured every closet and garage space and under the bed that he probably threw it out. It was specially made for us and I have no idea where I found the website and it takes a while to make.

moving -we had to downsize again.

I know-its the stupid thing to worry about but..............
Bon Voyage!
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

Relationships are hard. Really, really hard. It's complicated.
My Crested Yorkie, Gilda and her amazing hair.

ImageImageImage x4
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: as seen on qvc zombie apocalypse

Post by Foggy »

If I'm ever mad at ol' Wifehorn, you will never know about it.

I don't go on nationable Tee Vee with my problems either. If you have been here for a while, you know I once made a YouTube (response to one by neonzx) where I wore a funny ballcap, and the birthers used it against me - with little effect, mind you, but still - for the next eleventy years. The moral of the story is, don't reveal (or wear) anything you don't want used against you. The intartoobz are forever.

So let's just say that ol' Wifehorn is the most bullheaded woman in the history of the Universe, and we're perfectly matched. :mrgreen:

We've been married 28 years, and I'm starting to like her a little bit lately. :batting:

Further affiant sayeth naught. :silenced: :talktothehand: :shh:
The more I learn about this planet, the more improbable it all seems. :confuzzled:
Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

Hubby and I have "adjusted" to each other after soon to be 48 years of living together. I no longer think the way I did as a young bride that the stupid, discourteous, inane inartful things he did were because he didn't love me.

Then there was the really scary realization that he had an impenetrable, alien mind cuz he was male! Thank you, Dave Barry, for your helpful insights.

I learned how to "discuss" issues rather than stuffing my grievances deep down then exploding with tears when whatever straw broke.

Now we are dealing with the fact that we both need hearing aids but the miscommunication has been a wealth of humor.

I love this man who nursed me through a domestic abuse relationship with an ex-boyfriend and with my parents, who cared for my mother when she was in her declining years, and who dedicated nine months (and more if required) to care for his dying mother.

BUT he still puts dishware, glasses, you name it on shelves I can't reach, dammit! :biggrin:
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
Foggy
Dick Tater

Post by Foggy »

I've met that guy, and he still glows when he looks at you. :lovestruck:
The more I learn about this planet, the more improbable it all seems. :confuzzled:
Foggy
Dick Tater

Post by Foggy »

Tiredretiredlawyer wrote: Thu Jun 09, 2022 8:31 am ... he had an impenetrable, alien mind cuz he was male!
That's funny, us guys always wonder why women can't think like normal people. :think:
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

Martians.....Venusians.
My Crested Yorkie, Gilda and her amazing hair.

ImageImageImage x4
MN-Skeptic

Post by MN-Skeptic »

Foggy wrote: Thu Jun 09, 2022 8:10 am So let's just say that ol' Wifehorn is the most bullheaded woman in the history of the Universe, and we're perfectly matched. :mrgreen:
It's all in the phrasing. :fingerwag:

Try.... ol' Wifehorn has the courage of her convictions.
neonzx
Verified: 🤩✅✅✅✅✅🤩

Post by neonzx »

Wow, I'm learning some new things today. Previously, I thought the worst transgression was husbands leaving the toilet seat up. :shrug:
Phoenix520
Verified:

Post by Phoenix520 »

High shelves are maddening for short people. The only things that belong there are impulse buys you’ll never use again.

My peeve is when he tightens jars…all the way. So tight I couldn’t open them even if I still had full strength in my hands. “Oh you still need me for something”. Grrrr.

For him, growing up with sisters, the toilet seats are never an issue. ☺️
MsDaisy
Verified:

Post by MsDaisy »

LOL! MrD & I fuss at each other about stuff all the time but we nearly never get mad. And on the rare occasion one of us does get mad it only lasts for a minute. I have to say we do seem to get along very well. Unlike my 1st husband, I like him a lot better now that I don’t have to live with him. And the best thing about our divorce was that I got to keep his family. I was always very close to his mother and still am to this day. She’s even adopted my 2nd husband into the family as well. She’s 92 and still drives cross-country to visit kids, grand & great grand kids. She's the bomb! :lovestruck:
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

Phoenix520 wrote: Thu Jun 09, 2022 12:54 pm High shelves are maddening for short people. The only things that belong there are impulse buys you’ll never use again.

My peeve is when he tightens jars…all the way. So tight I couldn’t open them even if I still had full strength in my hands. “Oh you still need me for something”. Grrrr.

For him, growing up with sisters, the toilet seats are never an issue. ☺️
I bought an easy step stool that folds and slips in the gap next to the fridge so it is always available for the better half to be able to reach the upper shelves easier. That said, I am always careful to put only my stuff that I know she is unlikely to need on the upper shelves, beer glasses, extra dog food storage, etc.

I'm guilty of the jar tightening thing, which also translates to the emergency brake pulling thing. I try to be cognizant, and after over a decade, I'm getting... better?

My mom would have murdered me for leaving the toilet seat up. In my house growing up, we not only put the seat down, but the lid as well. Every time. Otherwise the germies escape. I'm still getting used to walking into the bathroom and seeing the seat down but the lid up. Not sure I'll ever completely get used to it.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

My lack of spouse means I'm mad at myself. :bag:
Hic sunt dracones
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Re: mad at mouse thread

Post by RTH10260 »

Suranis wrote: Thu Jun 09, 2022 2:27 pm My lack of spouse means I'm mad at myself. :bag:
We'll rename mad at spouse thread to mad at spmouse thread ;)
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

Suranis wrote: Thu Jun 09, 2022 2:27 pm My lack of spouse means I'm mad at myself. :bag:
:lol: I was thinking the same of myself.
northland10
Verified: ✅ I'm me.

Post by northland10 »

Phoenix520 wrote: Thu Jun 09, 2022 12:54 pm My peeve is when he tightens jars…all the way. So tight I couldn’t open them even if I still had full strength in my hands. “Oh you still need me for something”. Grrrr.
Just remind him he can be replaced by a strap wrench.

Some jars can be hard to open even if you are careful on closing (yeah, yeah, I know, wipe the sugary goo off the threads before closing). While I bought the strap wrench for pipe wrench work, it is great with jars.

I don't have a spouse, but I could make a very long list of things that would make a spouse mad at me. Sometimes, those things make me mad at myself but I don't nag myself hard enough (or don't listen to myself nagging).
101010 :towel:
keith
Occupation: Retired Computer Systems Analyst Project Manager Super Coder
Verified: ✅lunatic

Post by keith »

Foggy wrote: Thu Jun 09, 2022 8:10 am If I'm ever mad at ol' Wifehorn, you will never know about it.

I don't go on nationable Tee Vee with my problems either. If you have been here for a while, you know I once made a YouTube (response to one by neonzx) where I wore a funny ballcap, and the birthers used it against me - with little effect, mind you, but still - for the next eleventy years. The moral of the story is, don't reveal (or wear) anything you don't want used against you. The intartoobz are forever.

So let's just say that ol' Wifehorn is the most bullheaded woman in the history of the Universe, and we're perfectly matched. :mrgreen:

We've been married 28 years, and I'm starting to like her a little bit lately. :batting:

Further affiant sayeth naught. :silenced: :talktothehand: :shh:
I wanna see that video.
Has everybody heard about the bird?
Tiredretiredlawyer

I luvs the Fogbow!!!!💕💖🌈
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
Maybenaut
Verified: ✅✅

Post by Maybenaut »

Early on in our courtship we issued a Joint Moratorium on Drama. After 32 years the Moratorium is still in place.

Maybelot is a Drama-free zone.
"Hey! We left this England place because it was bogus, and if we don't get some cool rules ourselves, pronto, we'll just be bogus too!" -- Thomas Jefferson
humblescribe
Verified:

Post by humblescribe »

Perhaps not as eloquent as a Moratorium on Drama....

My wife and I decided after about a year of marriage that we would not use labels or absolutes. We agreed that when there was a dispute/disagreement with mostly trivial matters that we would not label it "wrong" or "stupid" or any other sort of pejorative. We strove to avoid the dreaded "always" or "never."

About five years later we also agreed not to dredge up the past. Memories are selective and generally biased towards ourselves. If something arose, we would address the current situation and ignore the alleged misdeed from three years ago. We've been together for 34 years; married for 30.

For the past seven years we have our daily "Hospitality Hour" at five o'clock in the afternoon. She pours herself a glass of wine while I have a shot of rye or Crown Royal. We always have some sort of toast that usually recognizes insignificant things, but occasionally important birthdays of departed relatives or other personally important dates. Then, if there are perceived slights that occurred earlier in the day, we discuss them under the rules outlined above.

We have found that by postponing our reactions or comments until five o'clock, that four times out of five, the issue evaporates leaving behind a pithy comment like, "You know, I didn't understand when you did X this morning. But now, I forgot why I got bent out of shape." And we move on to more relaxed conversations.
"Some cause happiness wherever they go; others whenever they go." O. Wilde
Tiredretiredlawyer

Maybenaut and humblescribe - :bighug: :lovestruck:

Return to “Whatever Doesn't Fit Elsewhere”