Spring forward.
To delete this message, click the X at top right.

2022 North Carolina Senate Race

Notaperson

Post by Notaperson »

Budd will face off against Beasley in North Carolina Senate contest, per AP race calls
Rep. Ted Budd, who was supported in the Republican primary by former President Donald Trump, will face off against Democrat Cheri Beasley in the closely watched North Carolina U.S. Senate election, according to race calls by The Associated Press.

In the GOP primary, Budd fended off opponents including former Gov. Pat McCrory.

Beasley, who was the first Black woman to serve as chief justice of the North Carolina Supreme Court, faced light opposition for the Democratic nomination. She coasted to the top after her main primary competitor dropped out of the race in December.
:snippity:
The Senate race is another competitive contest that has high stakes for both parties. The seat is open thanks to the retirement of GOP Sen. Richard Burr, and Cook Political Report predicts the seat will lean toward staying red.

But Beasley raised $1 million in April and has more cash on hand than her Republican counterpart, in part because the Democratic primary was far less competitive.
https://www.npr.org/2022/05/17/10994632 ... te-results

Help her out if you can: https://cheribeasley.com/ :boxing:
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: as seen on qvc zombie apocalypse

Re: 2022 North Carolina Senate Race

Post by Foggy »

As you know, I have fought a mighty fight, and I am now just a little below my high school weight, and I'm in good physical shape for an old geezer who's knocking on 70 years old. I can walk for miles in the brutal Southern heat.

And I have long complained that we've been unable to elect a Democratic United States Senator from the state of North Carolina since 2008, when Obama had coattails. And I don't like to complain and then sit on my butt and watch what happens. And so ...

I AM FIRED UP AND READY TO GO FOR CHERI BEASLEY, and the chair of the Wake County Democratic Party is a friend of mine, and she's going to hook me up with the Beasley campaign next week.

She was a Supreme Court justice, the chief justice of the NC Supreme Court. She's cleaner than a baby's butt with a new diaper. She's an ideal candidate by actual qualifications to serve in the US Senate, while Budd is a whack-a-loon Trumpist frootloop. But she has two big, big, big disadvantages.

1. She's black.
2. She's a woman.

I can't let that stop her. If I get out there and ring a thousand doorbells to ask people to vote for her, then even if she loses I get to look at myself in the mirror the day after the election.

This one is IMPORTANT, and I'm all in.
Out from under. :thumbsup:
pjhimself

Post by pjhimself »

1. She's black.
2. She's a woman.
What has this to do with her qualifications??? Or his ?

Or are qualifications no longer a factor?
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

Qualifications are often overlooked by some voters due to their racism and misogyny.
“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
pjhimself

Post by pjhimself »

Volkonski wrote: Sun May 22, 2022 12:55 pm Qualifications are often overlooked by some voters due to their racism and misogyny.
You’d do well as the new White House spokesperson……
Foggy
Dick Tater

Post by Foggy »

pjhimself wrote: Sun May 22, 2022 12:43 pm
1. She's black.
2. She's a woman.
What has this to do with her qualifications??? Or his ?
Those two things will be used again and again by the dirty stinking disgusting Republicans in North Carolina, as you very well know.

They won't even be subtle about it. And Trump will be personally involved, once the race tightens up. He's a woman hater and a white supremacist. Wait until he gets into this race.

Budd voted not to certify the electoral vote in the 2020 election. He is a fucking treasonous asshole who tried to help Trump overthrow the United States government, and he belongs in prison for the rest of his natural life.

Any more questions about that, pjhimself?
pjhimself

Post by pjhimself »

Trump is not a candidate. His qualifications for any office are clear (none in my opinion).

I know little of the other guy other than his endorsement.

The point, I thought, was whether the (any) candidate was qualified????????
Foggy
Dick Tater

Post by Foggy »

Yeah, I am going to apologize to you, pjhimself, I don't mean to lash out like that, usually. :oopsy:

But I mean every word about Ted Budd. You want to talk about qualifications for the office? The first two qualifications are,

1) ARE YOU A LOYAL AMERICAN? and
2) DO YOU SUPPORT THE CONSTITUTION OF THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA?

And Ted Budd flunks on both counts, and nothing else he can claim as a qualification means shit to me.

He voted - officially voted as a member of Congress - not to certify the electoral vote. Not because of any facts. Not because of any fucking stolen election. He did it for Trump. He tried to help Trump do a coup d'etat. He tried to overthrow the government of this great nation.

And I know that a lot of people would like to separate Budd and Trump now, but:
  • Budd tried to help overthrow our constitutional republic on Trump's personal behalf, and
  • then he went down to Mierda Lardo to get Trump's personal blessing before he even entered the Senate race, and
  • then Trump personally endorsed him, knowing (as everyone did) who his opponent would be.
He is (dis)functionally and (im)morally Trump’s Candidate, and it's going to be increasingly difficult to try to disassociate Trump from Budd, because Trump is going to jump deeply into the North Carolina Senate race as the summer progresses.

At this point and going forward,

Trump = Budd = Trump
... and Republicans are just going to have to deal with it.
Foggy
Dick Tater

Post by Foggy »

Gift link - The Senate candidate who could turn back the MAGA crowd in North Carolina
Cook Political Report and Larry Sabato’s Crystal Ball both rank the race for the open Senate seat in North Carolina as “Leans Republican.” But it by no means tells the full story of the current campaign.

The Republican candidate, Rep. Ted Budd — a staunch right-winger boosted by former president Donald Trump’s endorsement — has voted against everything from the 2021 bipartisan infrastructure bill to access to contraception to the CHIPS Act. As Axios reports, Budd has also “left the door open to banning abortion in cases where a mother’s life could be at risk as well as in cases of rape and incest.” He is ahead of his Democratic opponent by less than three points according to FiveThirtyEight. Yet the race has been only lightly covered in the national media.

It might behoove political watchers to start paying attention. Democrats have nominated Cheri Beasley, a former chief justice of the state Supreme Court. She would be the first Black senator from North Carolina (and only the third Black woman senator in U.S. history).

During a telephone interview, Beasley stressed: “North Carolina has 100 counties. I’ve visited them all. I’ve spent a lot of time in rural communities.” Her message is that she will represent the entire state and deliver benefits for North Carolinians, while Budd, she says, has “stood for corporate and special interests.” She argues that issues such as the CHIPS bill and reducing prescription drug costs are not “partisan.” “Republican farmers are feeling the impact of climate change on their income,” she notes. “If you cannot afford prescription drugs, these are not partisan issues."
pjhimself

Post by pjhimself »

Beasley, meanwhile, had built upon her fundraising lead, raising $7.4 million in the second quarter, more than three times Budd’s $2.1 million.

The looming presence of outside and soft-money groups should still make the race one of the most expensive in the country, but Beasley’s advantage in direct contributions, which gives her campaign more control over how it’s spent, could be crucial.
https://ncpolicywatch.com/2022/07/26/be ... -momentum/
Foggy
Dick Tater

Post by Foggy »

Thanks, yes, she's doing an excellent job of fundraising and all the other things that qualify her to be a United States senator.

Unlike the treasonous shitstain, Budd, who tried to help Trump overthrow the federal government.

Sad. :lol:
Foggy
Dick Tater

Post by Foggy »

Well, crap. :blackeye:

Return to “U.S. Senate”