Spring forward.
To delete this message, click the X at top right.

Pennsylvania governor's race

Ben-Prime
Verified: ✅MamaSaysI'mBonaFide

Post by Ben-Prime »

keith wrote: Thu Oct 06, 2022 1:29 am
Ben-Prime wrote: Sun Oct 02, 2022 12:42 pm :snippity:

I mean, normally, you think of that as a Southern Cali high school problem. At least, that's what I learned from watching Easy A, a dozen years ago. (Alas, there's no YouTube video clip of just Malcolm McDowall's line, and the one site I could find with just that snippet isn't approved for video embed, or I'd have embedded)
You mean this?

Yes. He was criminally underused in this film. And I say that despite it being on my Top 10 list.
But the sunshine aye shall light the sky,
As round and round we run;
And the truth shall ever come uppermost,
And justice shall be done.

- Charles Mackay, "Eternal Justice"
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Columbus and his men are literally about to embark on a spree of murder, rape, enslavement, and robbery, while sickening for extinction thousands of people solely for greed.
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

Um...I think there was civilization here before he "arrived."
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

He forgot about Leif Erikson.
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

Tiredretiredlawyer wrote: Mon Oct 10, 2022 10:35 am He forgot about Leif Erikson.
You mean St Brendan, who was there before him. :mrgreen:

https://www.irishcentral.com/opinion/ot ... r-columbus
Hic sunt dracones
Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

Go, Irish!!!!
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

An entire campaign and candidacy birthed out of a series of conspiracy theories now realizes that people who feed off them struggle to focus on practicalities.
Luke
Location: @orly_licious With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA

Post by Luke »

The laugh track version is even better :lol:

Lt Root Beer of the Mighty 699th. Fogbow 💙s titular Mama June in Fogbow's Favourite Show™ Mama June: From Not To Hot! Fogbow's Theme Song™ Edith Massey's "I Got The Evidence!" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5jDHZd0JAg
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

https://www.msnbc.com/rachel-maddow-sho ... -rcna51672
In terms of top-of-the-ticket races, Kinzinger’s leadership PAC backed two Democratic gubernatorial candidates: Pennsylvania’s Josh Shapiro and Arizona’s Katie Hobbs. It’s no coincidence that both Democrats are running against right-wing election deniers in their statewide contests.

But just as notable is the fact that Kinzinger’s operation also threw its support behind four Democrats who are secretary of state candidates: Nevada’s Cisco Aguilar, Michigan’s Jocelyn Benson, Arizona’s Adrian Fontes and Minnesota’s Steve Simon.
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
June bug

Post by June bug »

That man is putting his money where his mouth is. Good for him!
northland10
Verified: ✅ I'm me.

Post by northland10 »

Western Civilization is the code word for White Civilization.
101010 :towel:
p0rtia

Post by p0rtia »

northland10 wrote: Tue Oct 11, 2022 1:30 pm Western Civilization is the code word for White Civilization.
Yupperdoo. Tulsi-poo, on her way out the door, stated her position as
a fighter against anti-white racism.

I use the term Christo-fascism a lot for these monsters.
northland10
Verified: ✅ I'm me.

Post by northland10 »

I don't use the Christo part for the authoritarian part, but that is only because I do not consider them Christian in any way. That said, since they love to label themselves with the term, it is understandable to call them Christo-fascists.
101010 :towel:
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

northland10 wrote: Tue Oct 11, 2022 1:41 pm I don't use the Christo part for the authoritarian part, but that is only because I do not consider them Christian in any way. That said, since they love to label themselves with the term, it is understandable to call them Christo-fascists.
:yeahthat:
Kriselda Gray
Verified:

Post by Kriselda Gray »

Suranis wrote: Mon Oct 10, 2022 10:41 am
Tiredretiredlawyer wrote: Mon Oct 10, 2022 10:35 am He forgot about Leif Erikson.

I'll grant that he might have been first - they've shown he could have made it here in a boat like the one described, but so far there's not been evidence found to indicate he actually made it here (http://www.biographi.ca/en/bio/brendan_saint_1E.html). The case for Erikson's claim is stronger since we have found the remains of a Viking colony dated to right around 1000 CE and matching many features described in the Icelandic sagas (https://whc.unesco.org/en/list/4/) :mrgreen:
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

Off Topic
Kriselda Gray wrote: Tue Oct 11, 2022 4:03 pm

I'll grant that he might have been first - they've shown he could have made it here in a boat like the one described, but so far there's not been evidence found to indicate he actually made it here (http://www.biographi.ca/en/bio/brendan_saint_1E.html). The case for Erikson's claim is stronger since we have found the remains of a Viking colony dated to right around 1000 CE and matching many features described in the Icelandic sagas (https://whc.unesco.org/en/list/4/) :mrgreen:
I'm just having a bit of fun with it. It really does not matter to me who was first, if anyone.

But the thing about Columbus, even though he was a Murderous Moron, is that is the first time that the New World was really introduced into the World consciousness. Before then No-one had a clue that the New world was out there, whether you were White, African, Asian or anyone. Even the people who wee on it had no idea that there was anything else out there. After his voyage everyone knew outside Continental America was there and the people on it knew the outer world was there. So, in my view, it really was "discovered" - Visible, exposed, made known.
Hic sunt dracones
keith
Occupation: Retired Computer Systems Analyst Project Manager Super Coder
Verified: ✅lunatic

Post by keith »

Except that Columbus died thinking he was in India all the time.
Has everybody heard about the bird?
Kriselda Gray
Verified:

Post by Kriselda Gray »

Off Topic
Suranis wrote: Tue Oct 11, 2022 5:11 pm
Kriselda Gray wrote: Tue Oct 11, 2022 4:03 pm

I'm just having a bit of fun with it.
Same here :)
But the thing about Columbus, even though he was a Murderous Moron, is that is the first time that the New World was really introduced into the World consciousness.

[...]

So, in my view, it really was "discovered" - Visible, exposed, made known.
There is a certain sense to that :)
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

keith wrote: Tue Oct 11, 2022 7:20 pm Except that Columbus died thinking he was in India all the time.
Well, he was a Moron. He refused to believe that this was a new continent New land far to the west and the implications of such, but everyone else saw the implications immediately. They realized that having land that far out could make it a valuable stopping off and resupply point for finding further islands and possibly opening up an actual supply route to India - even if it was just a few islands. So they started swarming across the Ocean.

What had been holding them back before was simply that they had just assumed that people would starve to death before hitting land and getting to India. Now that they knew there WAS land out there that barrier in their head was removed.

So, what I mean is that it was that his act of blundering into America that "discovered" America.
Hic sunt dracones
Danraft

Post by Danraft »

Except

Portugal had been fishing and drying cod in North America for a century before Columbus.
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

Danraft wrote: Tue Oct 11, 2022 9:01 pm Except

Portugal had been fishing and drying cod in North America for a century before Columbus.
I'm just going to mention that I've spent the last few hours arguing with a bunch of "Moors" that insist that Africans had been to America before Columbus and knew all about it. With no evidence. And when challenged they put a link to a movie as though that proved everything

So having someone jump out with the same sort of shit about Portugal with no evidence is making me grit my teeth.

First, even if they were, NO-ONE KNEW ABOUT IT SO IT WASN'T A DISCOVERY IN THE SENSE I'M MUTTERING TALKING ABOUT!! So saying it does not change my *mutter* point.

Second this article says there is no documentary evidence of that at all so the supporters of the theory have to go with circumstantial evidence." And those saying it is are pushing it due to misplaced national pride.

https://www.americanheritage.com/was-am ... d-columbus
Hic sunt dracones
keith
Occupation: Retired Computer Systems Analyst Project Manager Super Coder
Verified: ✅lunatic

Post by keith »

Ah heck, everybody knows Thor Heyerdahl PROVED that the Egyptian floated across the Atlantic on papyrus rafts and taught the Mexicans how to make pyramids.

And anyway, the Chinese taught the Inca how to make Pan Pipes and pottery centuries before that.
Has everybody heard about the bird?
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

:hijacked:

I don't often do that, and am occasionally guilty, but yeah.
Ben-Prime
Verified: ✅MamaSaysI'mBonaFide

Post by Ben-Prime »

pipistrelle wrote: Tue Oct 11, 2022 10:55 pm :hijacked:

I believe in this case, the proper term would be 'colonized', rather than 'hijacked'. This topic was colonized.

I'll see myself out.
But the sunshine aye shall light the sky,
As round and round we run;
And the truth shall ever come uppermost,
And justice shall be done.

- Charles Mackay, "Eternal Justice"
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

Ben-Prime wrote: Wed Oct 12, 2022 2:25 am
pipistrelle wrote: Tue Oct 11, 2022 10:55 pm :hijacked:

I believe in this case, the proper term would be 'colonized', rather than 'hijacked'. This topic was colonized.

I'll see sail myself out.
FIFY

Return to “Governors & State Elections”