Spring forward.
To delete this message, click the X at top right.

Pennsylvania governor's race

Slim Cognito
Verified:

Re: Pennsylvania governor's race

Post by Slim Cognito »

I've seen a lot of Make America Florida t-shirts around here. Do these people even know what the rest of the country thinks of Florida Man.
Pup Dennis in training to be a guide dog & given to a deserving vet. Thx! ImageImageImage x4
Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

Rick Wilson calls Florida, his home, the Limp Dick state. Check the Bugs Bunny cartoon above for why for.
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

Frater I*I
Verified: ✅Verified Devilish Hyena

Post by Frater I*I »

Tiredretiredlawyer wrote: Sat Aug 20, 2022 1:48 pm Rick Wilson calls Florida, his home, the Limp Dick state. Check the Bugs Bunny cartoon above for why for.
I guess that makes Georgia the taint.....

I'll see myself out.... :bag:
"He sewed his eyes shut because he is afraid to see, He tries to tell me what I put inside of me
He's got the answers to ease my curiosity, He dreamed a god up and called it Christianity"

Trent Reznor
bbflatt

Post by bbflatt »

Frater I*I wrote: Fri Sep 02, 2022 5:40 pm
Tiredretiredlawyer wrote: Sat Aug 20, 2022 1:48 pm Rick Wilson calls Florida, his home, the Limp Dick state. Check the Bugs Bunny cartoon above for why for.
I guess that makes Georgia the taint.....

I'll see myself out.... :bag:
And South Carolina?...yeah, that fits.
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

Caught on Tape: Doug Mastriano Prayed for MAGA to ‘Seize the Power’ Ahead of Jan. 6
In a Dec. 2020 meeting with Christian Nationalists, the man who would become the GOP nominee for governor prayed Congress would "disregard" Pennsylvania's election results

A WEEK BEFORE Jan. 6, on a Zoom call organized by far-right Christian Nationalists seeking to reinstall Donald Trump in the White House, a man with a booming baritone voice bowed his bald head and began to pray. “We remember the promises of old,” he said, before invoking the book of Revelations and its account of the End Times: “We know we overcome Satan by the blood of the Lamb and the word of our testimony and not loving our lives unto death.”

Seated before a Revolutionary War flag with the motto “An Appeal to Heaven,” the man spoke of the nation’s founding in biblical terms: “We remember 1776, our Declaration of Independence, speaking God’s Truth and Word over what would become the United States of America.” He tied Pennsylvania to God’s divine plan, from the Battle of Gettysbug to the fate of Flight 93, which crashed after a “strong Christian man” confronted Islamist hijackers on 9/11, with the cry, “Let’s roll!”

“God I ask you that you help us roll in these dark times, that we fear not the darkness, that we will seize our Esther and Gideon moments,” the man said, invoking a pair of Old Testament heroes who made themselves instruments of God’s vengeance. “We’re surrounded by wickedness and fear, and dithering, and inaction,” he added, “But that’s not our problem. Our problem is following Your lead.” Looking ahead to Jan 6, the man said: “I pray that… we’ll seize the power that we had given to us by the Constitution, and as well by You, providentially. I pray for the leaders also in the federal government, God, on the Sixth of January that they will rise up with boldness.”

The man was state senator Doug Mastriano, now the Republican nominee to be the next governor of Pennsylvania. As he spoke, Mastriano held up letters to Mitch McConnell and Kevin McCarthy that he said Trump personally asked him to write to the Republican leaders “outlining the fraud in Pennsylvania.” He implored that Congress “disregard” the certified election results for the state, “in Jesus’ name, amen.”
:snippity:
https://www.rollingstone.com/politics/p ... 234589455/
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
p0rtia

Post by p0rtia »

Legitimate political discourse.

:popcorn:
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

“Mastriano has walked himself off from the general public, traveling within a bubble of security guards and jittery aides who not only aim to keep the candidate safe, but ensure he only comes in contact with true believers.”
raison de arizona

Well that sounds pretty scary.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Luke
Location: @orly_licious With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA

Post by Luke »

Josh Shapiro was amazing during the post-election madness with the dotard and Roodles' bogus lawsuits and then the reply to Texas v PA when SCOTUS kicked Texas to the curb. Even Trafalgar has Shapiro up four -- they are known for their GOP house effect. Go Josh!

Shapiro 538.JPG
Shapiro 538.JPG (79.22 KiB) Viewed 2133 times

Shapiro 538 2.JPG
Shapiro 538 2.JPG (67.42 KiB) Viewed 2133 times

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/20 ... nsylvania/

#BlueWave is trending on Twitter to rile the nasty MAGAts up. :P

Lt Root Beer of the Mighty 699th. Fogbow 💙s titular Mama June in Fogbow's Favourite Show™ Mama June: From Not To Hot! Fogbow's Theme Song™ Edith Massey's "I Got The Evidence!" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5jDHZd0JAg
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
Luke
Location: @orly_licious With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA

Post by Luke »

Being born a Jersey boy with lots of time spent in PA, absolutely can't imagine this lunatic winning. Even if GOP is 50%, hard-core MAGA is 25-30%. Doug seems determined to lose with his crazy public appearances, lack of interviews except with echo chambers, and radically insane policy proposals.

From the article Volkonski kindly posted:
In simpler times, such preposterous “prophesies” — comprising a sloppy hash of QAnon-syle conspiracy theories and end-times theology — could be laughed off as fever dreams from the fundamentalist fringe. But in 2022, Green commands the respect, and attention, of the GOP nominee to lead the nation’s fifth most populous state, Doug Mastriano, who believes he’s on a mission from God as he seeks to become the chief executive of Pennsylvania.

Mastriano has shared Green’s prophesies about Pennsylvania online, and posed for pictures with Green on social media. In April, she joined the candidate on a campaign stage, and in May, she was invited to lead a prayer session on his Facebook page. Green even attended Mastriano’s primary victory party. “It was anointed,” she recalled in a June interview. “Sean Feucht was there singing. It was an awesome night of the Lord, to see what God is doing in the political realm.” Neither Mastriano nor Green responded to interview requests to discuss what Green has described as a “special relationship.”

Mastriano is tied to a religious movement called the New Apostolic Reformation, which seeks to refashion the world, biblically, to hasten the end times. Many NAR adherents are also Christian Nationalists, who believe America was divinely founded and should be governed according to the moral code of Jesus’ chosen people.
Good Josh's team bought the adword, top of page:

Google PA Gov.JPG
Google PA Gov.JPG (89.89 KiB) Viewed 2063 times

Latest 538 Polling:

Josh.JPG
Josh.JPG (58.02 KiB) Viewed 2063 times

PA Gov 538 9-14.JPG
PA Gov 538 9-14.JPG (109.15 KiB) Viewed 2063 times
Lt Root Beer of the Mighty 699th. Fogbow 💙s titular Mama June in Fogbow's Favourite Show™ Mama June: From Not To Hot! Fogbow's Theme Song™ Edith Massey's "I Got The Evidence!" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5jDHZd0JAg
raison de arizona

Pennsylvania GOP gubernatorial nominee was registered to vote in N.J. until 2021
Mastriano, Oz both come from New Jersey

New Jersey is serving as an incubator for Republican candidates in Pennsylvania, with two statewide candidates being New Jersey natives and longtime residents.

Gubernatorial candidate Douglas Mastriano was a registered voter in New Jersey for 28 years until July 2021 when election officials changed his status to inactive.

Records show that Mastriano voted from his family’s Hightstown home from 1982, when he turned 18, through the 2010 general election. He remained on the voter rolls until a sample ballot was returned roughly six months after the death of his mother last year.

Dr. Mehmet Oz lived and voted in New Jersey until 2021, when he moved to Pennsylvania to seek a U.S. Senate seat. He remains on New Jersey’s voter rolls as a resident of Cliffside Park and could legally vote in his home state this November if he chose to not vote in Pennsylvania.
:snippity:
https://newjerseyglobe.com/national/pen ... ntil-2021/
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

PA MAGA Gov nominee Doug Mastriano rally: “Put your right hand in the air … America will have a new birth of liberty.”
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

Mastriano's Sputtering Campaign: No TV Ads, Tiny Crowds, Little Money

Reid J. Epstein
Mon, September 26, 2022 at 8:37 PM

HARRISBURG, Pa. — In the same spot where he spoke to thousands of people at a raucous state Capitol rally demanding an end to pandemic restrictions in April 2020, Doug Mastriano appeared Saturday before a crowd of just a few dozen — about half of whom were volunteers for his ragtag campaign for governor of Pennsylvania.

Mastriano, an insurgent state senator who in the spring cruised to the Republican nomination, is learning this fall that while it is one thing to win a crowded GOP primary on the back of online fame and Donald Trump’s endorsement, it is quite another to prevail in a general election in a battleground state of nearly 13 million people.

He is being heavily outspent by his Democratic rival, has had no television ads on the air since May, has chosen not to interact with the state’s news media in ways that would push his agenda, and trails by double digits in reputable public polling and most private surveys.

There’s no sign of cavalry coming to his aid, either: The Republican Governors Association, which is helping the party’s nominees in Arizona, Michigan and six other states, has no current plans to assist Mastriano, according to people with knowledge of its deliberations.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/mastrianos-s ... 51414.html
(original NYT)
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

NEW: Doug Mastriano told a radio interviewer in 2019 that women who violated his proposed abortion ban should be charged with murder

The previously unreported remarks were part of a lengthy interview in which he spoke about his proposed "heartbeat" bill

https://nbcnews.com/politics/doug-mastr ... -rcna49601
raison de arizona

I remember when advocating for putting women in jail for having an abortion was an extreme position. :oldman:
Ben-Prime
Verified: ✅MamaSaysI'mBonaFide

Post by Ben-Prime »

raison de arizona wrote: Tue Sep 27, 2022 2:11 pm I remember when advocating for putting women in jail for having an abortion was an extreme position. :oldman:
Yeah, I mean, it was all of 6 months ago. This is the quickest Overton Window move I've seen in awhile.
But the sunshine aye shall light the sky,
As round and round we run;
And the truth shall ever come uppermost,
And justice shall be done.

- Charles Mackay, "Eternal Justice"
Danraft

Post by Danraft »

I once, in an online heated discussion, put that question out to be pondered by the person with the extreme view that abortion was murder, “Are you saying that the mother and/or doctor should be convicted of 1st degree murder?”

It did stall the conversation and made them backtrack.

But, I never asked that question again as I didn’t have a response for if they said yes and I didn’t want to normalize that thought.
Disgusted and weary…
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

:roll:
“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
Ben-Prime
Verified: ✅MamaSaysI'mBonaFide

Post by Ben-Prime »

Volkonski wrote: Sun Oct 02, 2022 12:18 pm

I mean, normally, you think of that as a Southern Cali high school problem. At least, that's what I learned from watching Easy A, a dozen years ago. (Alas, there's no YouTube video clip of just Malcolm McDowall's line, and the one site I could find with just that snippet isn't approved for video embed, or I'd have embedded)
But the sunshine aye shall light the sky,
As round and round we run;
And the truth shall ever come uppermost,
And justice shall be done.

- Charles Mackay, "Eternal Justice"
raison de arizona

MN-Skeptic

Post by MN-Skeptic »

Malik Obama, the half-brother of former President Barack Obama, has endorsed the Republican candidate for governor in Pennsylvania, Doug Mastriano.
:confuzzled:

Who cares?
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: as seen on qvc zombie apocalypse

Post by Foggy »

I'm quite sure Kweli Shuhubia cares. :biggrin:
Out from under. :thumbsup:
keith
Occupation: Retired Computer Systems Analyst Project Manager Super Coder
Verified: ✅lunatic

Post by keith »

Ben-Prime wrote: Sun Oct 02, 2022 12:42 pm :snippity:

I mean, normally, you think of that as a Southern Cali high school problem. At least, that's what I learned from watching Easy A, a dozen years ago. (Alas, there's no YouTube video clip of just Malcolm McDowall's line, and the one site I could find with just that snippet isn't approved for video embed, or I'd have embedded)
You mean this?

Has everybody heard about the bird?

Return to “Governors & State Elections”