JOE BIDEN

Let's get back to normalcy. Does normalcy fit into your schedule?
Flatpoint High
Occupation: professional pain in the ass, voice actor & keeper of the straight face
Verified:

Re: JOE BIDEN

Post by Flatpoint High »

sad-cafe wrote: Tue May 18, 2021 9:48 pm BIDEN is JUST that COOL
posted this in "The Former Guy":
castigat ridendo mores.
VELOCIUS QUAM ASPARAGI COQUANTUR
northland10
Verified: ✅ I'm me.

Post by northland10 »

keith wrote: Tue May 18, 2021 9:41 pm
Domenico wrote: Tue May 18, 2021 9:28 pm Remember when the former guy sat in a truck and pretended to pull the horn? :lol:

Biden: "This sucker's quick!"
Remember when Obama wasn't allowed to drive off the White House grounds?
And poor Biden won't be able to drive on public roads ever again. Bush is only allowed to drive on the ranch. For the former guy, I suspect he has not driven himself in a very long time. It all comes down to the SS wanting to have a driver who has the driving skills for an escape if necessary. Also, the protectee can also duck which he/she could not do while driving. Thus, they can drive in secured areas like Bush's ranch, the WH grounds, and wherever Biden was burning rubber.

I could see Obama and Biden having golf cart races. Just seems like something they'd do.
101010 :towel:
Phoenix520
Verified:

Post by Phoenix520 »

Joe could do all that - evasive maneuvers, driving while ducking, navigating. Have you seen him drive??? Born to it.
sad-cafe

Post by sad-cafe »

he is a car guy!
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

sad-cafe wrote: Wed May 19, 2021 5:51 pm he is a car guy!
And a train guy!
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
somerset

Post by somerset »

sad-cafe wrote: Tue May 18, 2021 9:39 pm Biden loves to drive!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

how fast do you think he went?
If it's anything like our new Tesla (sorry Gregg and Stern), 90+ in just a few seconds. The suckers are fast :biggrin:
neonzx
Verified: 🤩✅✅✅✅✅🤩

Post by neonzx »

somerset wrote: Wed May 19, 2021 10:20 pm If it's anything like our new Tesla (sorry Gregg and Stern), 90+ in just a few seconds. The suckers are fast :biggrin:
In what USA jurisdiction is 90mph legit?
Yeah, well, keep your eyes on the road and hands on the wheel. The Tesla autopilot likes to crash into things. Just sayin' .. :whistle:
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

https://thehill.com/blogs/in-the-know/i ... ignored-by
President Biden and Jill Biden are returning to a tradition that had been broken by former President Trump, meeting with this year's Kennedy Center Honors recipients.

The commander in chief and first lady hosted country music singer Garth Brooks, actor Dick Van Dyke, violinist Midori, songwriter Joan Baez and choreographer Debbie Allen at 1600 Pennsylvania Ave. on Thursday morning, according to the White House.
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
sad-cafe

Post by sad-cafe »

YEA

I love watching these programs and loved it when Obama's would groove to the music!
Dr. Ken

Post by Dr. Ken »

I'm sure he'll do the correspondents dinner too
ImageImagePhilly Boondoggle
sad-cafe

Post by sad-cafe »

again

because he is THE MAN

he is JOE BIDEN
p0rtia

Post by p0rtia »

Biden calls out Sinema and Manchin in Tulsa. Yowza.

I thought it was a great speech. Dr. Jason Johnson, whom I admire like hell, disagrees (no reparations for Tulsa).
sad-cafe

Post by sad-cafe »

GOOD

he needs to apply pressure!
Lani

Post by Lani »

Image You can't wait until life isn't hard anymore before you decide to be happy.
neonzx
Verified: 🤩✅✅✅✅✅🤩

Post by neonzx »

Lani wrote: Wed Jun 02, 2021 12:04 am https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TPPDoMhG3h4
Wow that was a great speech! :clap: It's nice to have a President again.
Dave from down under

Post by Dave from down under »

Both speakers were outstanding

It is nice to see the US has a sane leader again.

Aust coverage:
https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-06-02/ ... /100183888
Dave from down under

Post by Dave from down under »

and another bad day for the former guy..

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-06-02/ ... /100185430

US President Joe Biden's administration has suspended oil and gas leases in Alaska's Arctic National Wildlife Refuge, reversing a drilling program approved by the Donald Trump administration and reviving a political fight over a remote region that is home to polar bears and other wildlife — and a rich reserve of oil.

Key points:
Mr Biden has paused several oil and gas drilling leases in Alaska's Arctic National Wildlife Refuge
The 7.9 million-hectare refuge is home to polar bears, caribou, snowy owls and other wildlife
Alaska Native tribe leaders say they are heartened by Mr Biden's "commitment to protecting sacred lands"
sad-cafe

Post by sad-cafe »

Biden is Great
RVInit

Post by RVInit »

sad-cafe wrote: Wed Jun 02, 2021 9:32 pmBiden is Great
:yeahthat: He's a good person, too. I have been very pleased with most of what he's done. I may end up not agreeing with everything he does, but how refreshing it is to have someone who is a downright decent and good person residing in the White House. I am still high from his decisive and impressive popular vote win.
There's a lot of things that need to change. One specifically? Police brutality.
--Colin Kaepernick
p0rtia

Post by p0rtia »

:yeahthat:

:yeahthat:
noblepa

Post by noblepa »

RVInit wrote: Mon Jun 07, 2021 3:28 am
sad-cafe wrote: Wed Jun 02, 2021 9:32 pmBiden is Great
:yeahthat: He's a good person, too. I have been very pleased with most of what he's done. I may end up not agreeing with everything he does, but how refreshing it is to have someone who is a downright decent and good person residing in the White House. I am still high from his decisive and impressive popular vote win.
I agree.

But he is willing to work within the system and accept the realities of governing a country as large as the US. He is not trying to burn down the house and undermine democracy.

I have every confidence that if President Biden loses a 2024 re-election bid (FSM forbid), unlike the former guy, Mr. Biden will accept defeat gracefully and work to ensure a smooth transition to the new administration. That, in itself, is refreshing.

The thing that bothered me the most, and continues to do so, about Trump, is his continuing effort to undermine faith in the government and its institutions. I certainly didn't like most of his policy decisions, but, as they say "elections have consequences", so I can hold my nose and swallow some of it.
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Watching Biden speak to the troops in England. What a difference from the times the former guy and his ME ME ME speeches. I'd like to see some enterprising reporter put some clips together for comparison.
much ado

Post by much ado »

Kendra wrote: Wed Jun 09, 2021 4:02 pm Watching Biden speak to the troops in England. What a difference from the times the former guy and his ME ME ME speeches. I'd like to see some enterprising reporter put some clips together for comparison.
That would be excellent.
RVInit

Post by RVInit »

Off Topic
The single upside I find to Trump's reign of terror is that he seems to have jarred loose the tendency of active duty military to automatically support the Republican agenda. I hope it sticks.I think it woke many of them up out of that particular slumber
There's a lot of things that need to change. One specifically? Police brutality.
--Colin Kaepernick
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

We're back, baby!
Global approval of the United States has rebounded under Biden, survey finds

Trust in the U.S. president fell to historic lows in most countries surveyed during Trump’s presidency, according to Pew.

Under Biden, it has soared. In the 12 countries surveyed both this year and last, a median of 75 percent of respondents expressed confidence in Biden to “do the right thing regarding world affairs,” Pew found, compared with 17 percent for Trump last year. Sixty-two percent of respondents now have a favorable view of the United States vs. 34 percent at the end of Trump’s presidency.
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/gl ... ar-AAKU065
My Crested Yorkie, Gilda and her amazing hair.

ImageImageImage x4

Return to “Biden Administration”