Spring forward.
To delete this message, click the X at top right.

JOE BIDEN

Let's get back to normalcy. Does normalcy fit into your schedule?
Kriselda Gray
Verified:

JOE BIDEN

Post by Kriselda Gray »

Suranis wrote: Thu May 04, 2023 1:35 am I sense the taint of Dennis Montgomery.
I certainly wouldn't be surprised
RVInit

JOE BIDEN

Post by RVInit »

Funny, the so-called whistleblower could have gone to the OIG, which has ample resources to investigate such things. They also have enough staff that certainly some probably vote Republican and some probably vote Democrat, and their job isn't to be partisan hacks anyway. But I suspect this so-called whistleblower probably already knows there is no there there and taking the supposed information to the OIG wouldn't probably get the partisan hacks what they want.
There's a lot of things that need to change. One specifically? Police brutality.
--Colin Kaepernick
Dr. Ken

JOE BIDEN

Post by Dr. Ken »

Suranis wrote: Thu May 04, 2023 1:35 am I sense the taint of Dennis Montgomery.
I'm going to laugh if it's another dennis montgomery scam. Or if it's a recycling of those failed fbi whistleblowers from a few months ago. My prediction is they're going to try to Bengazi biden with the firing of the Ukraine prosecutor. They're recyling it and claiming that because they fired him Biden is now sending money to Ukraine and that's the "quid pro quo".
ImageImagePhilly Boondoggle
Phoenix520
Verified:

JOE BIDEN

Post by Phoenix520 »

No matter what it is, it’s going to take a lot to convince me. I don’t believe it based on what Ive seen of him with my own eyes over the last 40 years. I don’t believe he WOULD do anything like what they’re accusing him of.

These psychos will do anything to win.
Gregg

JOE BIDEN

Post by Gregg »

Doesn't matter how crazy it will turn out to be when we find out what it actually is, the rubes believe it is the Gospel Truth now and nothing will ever change their minds. These are people who are pissed because Obama wasn't in the Oval Office on 9/11. :oopsy:
Supreme Commander, Imperial Illuminati Air Force
:dog:

You don't have to consent, but I'm gonna tase you anyway.
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

JOE BIDEN

Post by RTH10260 »

Biden cancels Australia and Papua New Guinea visit as debt limit crisis looms
President, who will still visit Japan for G7 summit, hosts new talks with congressional leaders

David Smith in Washington
Wed 17 May 2023 00.31 BST

Joe Biden has cancelled a planned visit to Australia and Papua New Guinea to focus on debt limit talks as Washington stares into the abyss of a potentially catastrophic default.

Biden still plans to head to Hiroshima, Japan, on Wednesday for the Group of Seven (G7) summit with leaders from some of the world’s leading economies. But he called off what was to be the first visit by a sitting US president to Papua New Guinea and a stop in Australia, where he was to meet with other leaders of the so-called Quad.

The move came as Biden hosted a fresh round of talks with congressional leaders at the White House in an effort to break the deadlock – and faced criticism from his left flank over rumored concessions to Republicans.

Although the meeting ended in less than an hour, there were expressions of cautious optimism from both sides.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/202 ... new-guinea
Ben-Prime
Verified: ✅MamaSaysI'mBonaFide

JOE BIDEN

Post by Ben-Prime »

RTH10260 wrote: Wed May 17, 2023 1:14 am
Biden cancels Australia and Papua New Guinea visit as debt limit crisis looms
President, who will still visit Japan for G7 summit, hosts new talks with congressional leaders

David Smith in Washington
Wed 17 May 2023 00.31 BST

Joe Biden has cancelled a planned visit to Australia and Papua New Guinea to focus on debt limit talks as Washington stares into the abyss of a potentially catastrophic default.

Biden still plans to head to Hiroshima, Japan, on Wednesday for the Group of Seven (G7) summit with leaders from some of the world’s leading economies. But he called off what was to be the first visit by a sitting US president to Papua New Guinea and a stop in Australia, where he was to meet with other leaders of the so-called Quad.

The move came as Biden hosted a fresh round of talks with congressional leaders at the White House in an effort to break the deadlock – and faced criticism from his left flank over rumored concessions to Republicans.

Although the meeting ended in less than an hour, there were expressions of cautious optimism from both sides.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/202 ... new-guinea
I know one or two of the very small Foreign Service contingent at our Embassy in PNG, and, lemme tell ya, there must be some disappointed faces in Port Moresby today. Some relieved ones, sure, but also disappointed. POTUS visit support is *exhausting* and a lot more time-consuming than people think (Belfast took a weekend pre-advance a few weeks out, then more than a week and a half of advance and several days of wind-down for just that short visit, f'r'ex), but it's also very damn rewarding when you get to watch your local staff step up and shake the President's hand; and then get pulled aside by the White House team and given praise and Presidential chocolates (yes, I have a few Biden-signed boxes of Peanut M&Ms and a single similarly branded mini-tin of Whitman's sampler; no, I will never open them) and feel like a million bucks/pounds/quatloos.

NOTE: My opinions about the disappointment/etc. are my own. I have not, and would not, share privileged information obtained by speaking to colleagues. I hope that's clear. Especially in today's leak-conscious world, I felt compelled to underline that this is the reason I rarely speak about substantive diplomacy things and when I do, it's opinion and supposition, not inside info in any real sense.
But the sunshine aye shall light the sky,
As round and round we run;
And the truth shall ever come uppermost,
And justice shall be done.

- Charles Mackay, "Eternal Justice"
Dave from down under

JOE BIDEN

Post by Dave from down under »

:bighug:
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: as seen on qvc zombie apocalypse

JOE BIDEN

Post by Foggy »

I'm so glad you're here, Ben-Prime. :thumbsup:
Out from under. :thumbsup:
Ben-Prime
Verified: ✅MamaSaysI'mBonaFide

JOE BIDEN

Post by Ben-Prime »

Foggy wrote: Wed May 17, 2023 10:30 am I'm so glad you're here, Ben-Prime. :thumbsup:
Thank you. I will admit you folk are getting the benefit of the me I couldn't be when I first started lurking on OldBow. I was in a job I hated, stifled in my professional growth, still recovering from a divorce that hit me to my core not just emotionally but on the existential level of 'if am not a good husband, what I am?', and so forth. Now in my early 50s I'm more the promise of the me I was in my early 20s than ever before and since here and my FB page are the only place I really post long-form thoughts anymore, y'all get the results. :biggrin:
But the sunshine aye shall light the sky,
As round and round we run;
And the truth shall ever come uppermost,
And justice shall be done.

- Charles Mackay, "Eternal Justice"
Fiascoist

JOE BIDEN

Post by Fiascoist »

Thank you, Ben Prime, from one of the beneficiaries of your inside view of the goings on in foreign service. (at least what you feel you can discuss).
June bug

JOE BIDEN

Post by June bug »

Fiascoist wrote: Wed May 17, 2023 11:28 am Thank you, Ben Prime, from one of the beneficiaries of your inside view of the goings on in foreign service. (at least what you feel you can discuss).
:yeahthat: :thumbsup:
p0rtia

JOE BIDEN

Post by p0rtia »

:bighug: :bighug: :bighug:
RVInit

JOE BIDEN

Post by RVInit »

Ben-Prime wrote: Wed May 17, 2023 11:06 am
Foggy wrote: Wed May 17, 2023 10:30 am I'm so glad you're here, Ben-Prime. :thumbsup:
Thank you. I will admit you folk are getting the benefit of the me I couldn't be when I first started lurking on OldBow. I was in a job I hated, stifled in my professional growth, still recovering from a divorce that hit me to my core not just emotionally but on the existential level of 'if am not a good husband, what I am?', and so forth. Now in my early 50s I'm more the promise of the me I was in my early 20s than ever before and since here and my FB page are the only place I really post long-form thoughts anymore, y'all get the results. :biggrin:
There's a lot of things that need to change. One specifically? Police brutality.
--Colin Kaepernick
Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

JOE BIDEN

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
p0rtia

JOE BIDEN

Post by p0rtia »

Biden is flooding social media with posts saying 1) that the US cannot default and 2) that he is sure he can reach an agreement on the budget with Congress.

IMO, if one person has their safety net made smaller to placate these malign hostage-taking jackals without even attempting the 14th amendment, Biden himself has full-on signed on to fascism.

JHK do we need leaders who lead.

Yes, I am in a foul mood.
neonzx
Verified: 🤩✅✅✅✅✅🤩

JOE BIDEN

Post by neonzx »

Which clauses of the 14th amendment apply? That we can silence the radical (R)s of the former confederate sedition states who do not want to pay their debts? Sounds reasonable to me. HONESTLY, I am down with that.
Patagoniagirl

JOE BIDEN

Post by Patagoniagirl »

Biden needs to slap the shit out of R's with the 14th, brush off the shit and laugh all the way back to the West Wing. Why, oh why do Dems not have the balls to stand strong and loud? Are they somehow wanting to appear to represent us, yet secretly care for nothing but their paychecks and various perks? I'm sick at heart.
Suranis

JOE BIDEN

Post by Suranis »

Same reason Obama didn't. He believes in the system and that truth will win out.

Unfortunately a system that includes people is only as strong as people willingness to prop up the system, and that depends on the sanctions that can be put on people who break the system.

The system you have now actually rewards people who break the system, and Biden hasn't quite figured that out yet, but he is better at realizing it and kicking back than Obama was.
Hic sunt dracones
much ado

JOE BIDEN

Post by much ado »

The system worked when people behaved and bargained in good faith.

That time is behind us.
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

JOE BIDEN

Post by raison de arizona »

neonzx wrote: Thu May 18, 2023 9:59 am Which clauses of the 14th amendment apply? That we can silence the radical (R)s of the former confederate sedition states who do not want to pay their debts? Sounds reasonable to me. HONESTLY, I am down with that.
Section 4.

The validity of the public debt of the United States, authorized by law, including debts incurred for payment of pensions and bounties for services in suppressing insurrection or rebellion, shall not be questioned. But neither the United States nor any state shall assume or pay any debt or obligation incurred in aid of insurrection or rebellion against the United States, or any claim for the loss or emancipation of any slave; but all such debts, obligations and claims shall be held illegal and void.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Gregg

JOE BIDEN

Post by Gregg »

neonzx wrote: Thu May 18, 2023 9:59 am Which clauses of the 14th amendment apply? That we can silence the radical (R)s of the former confederate sedition states who do not want to pay their debts? Sounds reasonable to me. HONESTLY, I am down with that.
I am not a lawyer, but....

The 14th Amendment to the Constitutions says
Section 4.
The validity of the public debt of the United States, authorized by law, including debts incurred for payment of pensions and bounties for services in suppressing insurrection or rebellion, shall not be questioned. But neither the United States nor any state shall assume or pay any debt or obligation incurred in aid of insurrection or rebellion against the United States, or any claim for the loss or emancipation of any slave; but all such debts, obligations and claims shall be held illegal and void.
Then there is the Debt Limit, a relic of the First World War that orginally limited the amount of the total Debt. It has been amended many times to raise that limit, almost always with little fanfare until about 25 years ago when Republicans started getting ratings from playing with it, forcing near panics half a dozen times.

Anyhow, I am not a lawyer, but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express once and I am going to need someone to explain to me, with little words, how a law passed by Congress can supersede an actual Amendment to the Constitution.

Until someone makes my tiny mind understand it, I kind of feel like it is not just an option but the duty of the President to ensure the validity of the public debt.

Gregg

JOE BIDEN

Post by Gregg »

RTH10260 wrote: Sun Apr 16, 2023 6:49 pm
sad-cafe wrote: Sun Apr 16, 2023 6:46 pm When the president travels, does The Beast fly in the cargo hold too?
IIRC there is a stable of Beasts, and one will be forwarded on a separate military cargo plane with the advance team to the destination (including the row of Secret Service vehicles that go along with it, including an ambulance at times).

ETA I understand that at times there will be a second Beast in the lineup so that a potential attacker will not know which carries the POTUS.
There are 3 copies of the most current model, as well as 3 of the former one that can be used if needed. I've never heard they use one as a decoy, but it's possible. I can confirm that when Marine One takes off from the White House it joins two other identical helicopters for the flight over the metro DC area to Andrews.
Biden is visiting Canada now. He met with the Governor General and the Prime Minister, but I don’t see anything about a meeting with Queen Romana. :shrug: :shrug: :lol:
It would be beneath her, as Head of State, she would only receive the US King (or is our pretend Monarch a Queen, I can't keep up) and for mere clones like POTUS she sends one of her miscellaneous minions, various vassals or people who know people to greet him.

AndyinPA
Verified:

JOE BIDEN

Post by AndyinPA »

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/tr ... -rcna85718
A 19-year-old Missouri man, accused of driving a truck into barriers near the White House, made incriminating statements that have led investigators to believe he was seeking to harm the president, officials said Tuesday.

The driver was Sai Varshith Kandula of Chesterfield, U.S. Park Police said Tuesday morning.

The charges against Kandula for allegedly “threatening to kill, kidnap, inflict harm on a president, vice president, or family member,” stem from statements he made to multiple law enforcement agencies, according to a Secret Service representative.

The suspect was interviewed by Secret Service investigators Monday night, the agency representative said, during the ongoing probe that also involves United States Park Police, the FBI and U.S. Capitol Police.

Kandula was further charged with assault with a dangerous weapon, reckless operation of a motor vehicle and trespassing.
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
dan1100

JOE BIDEN

Post by dan1100 »

Chesterfield isn't the 'hood.

It's an upper middle class outer ring St. Louis suburb. It's the land of McMansions on little tiny lots, high end shopping malls, and outlet stores.

Return to “Biden Administration”