Spring forward.
To delete this message, click the X at top right.

JOE BIDEN

Let's get back to normalcy. Does normalcy fit into your schedule?
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

JOE BIDEN

Post by raison de arizona »

RVInit wrote: Fri Feb 24, 2023 9:17 am Bush almost choked to death eating a snack so Faux news can kiss my ass.
JFC I'm glad there aren't cameras following me around for every misstep I take.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
W. Kevin Vicklund

JOE BIDEN

Post by W. Kevin Vicklund »

I was voted Class Klutz in high school. :blackeye:
neonzx
Verified: 🤩✅✅✅✅✅🤩

JOE BIDEN

Post by neonzx »

Did he have toilet paper stuck on his shoe? No? Okay, then I am not interested in a non-story.

Who doesn't trip/stumble?
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: as seen on qvc zombie apocalypse

JOE BIDEN

Post by Foggy »

Trump never trips or stumbles. :fingerwag:

He glides down a steep and slippery ramp like a ballet dancer ... okay, a ballet dancer with some kinda gross orange mop on its head, but a ballet dancer ... and then spends a week describing it to anyone who will listen. :towel:
Out from under. :thumbsup:
Gregg

JOE BIDEN

Post by Gregg »

Foggy wrote: Fri Feb 24, 2023 1:02 pm Trump never trips or stumbles. :fingerwag:

He glides down a steep and slippery ramp like a ballet dancer ... okay, a ballet dancer with some kinda gross orange mop on its head, but a ballet dancer ... and then spends a week describing it to anyone who will listen. :towel:
A Ballet dancer with a recent severe head trauma.
Supreme Commander, Imperial Illuminati Air Force
:dog:

You don't have to consent, but I'm gonna tase you anyway.
Ben-Prime
Verified: ✅MamaSaysI'mBonaFide

JOE BIDEN

Post by Ben-Prime »

Gregg wrote: Fri Feb 24, 2023 6:58 pm
Foggy wrote: Fri Feb 24, 2023 1:02 pm Trump never trips or stumbles. :fingerwag:

Why do you all keep misspelling "bull in a China shop"?
But the sunshine aye shall light the sky,
As round and round we run;
And the truth shall ever come uppermost,
And justice shall be done.

- Charles Mackay, "Eternal Justice"
W. Kevin Vicklund

JOE BIDEN

Post by W. Kevin Vicklund »

Ben-Prime wrote: Sat Feb 25, 2023 2:22 am

Because this is Fogbow, I'm obligated to mention that the "bull in a china shop" trope has been proven false.

If the bull is on loco weed, on the other hand...
Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

JOE BIDEN

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

W. Kevin Vicklund: Because this is Fogbow, I'm obligated to mention that the "bull in a china shop" trope has been proven false.*
*See, Mythbusters. :biggrin:
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
Phoenix520
Verified:

JOE BIDEN

Post by Phoenix520 »

I heard ‘enraged bull in a China shop’ from my Italian relatives when I was growing up. I thought that what the saying was for the longest time.
jemcanada2

JOE BIDEN

Post by jemcanada2 »

Phoenix520 wrote: Sat Feb 25, 2023 10:33 am I heard ‘enraged bull in a China shop’ from my Italian relatives when I was growing up. I thought that what the saying was for the longest time.
I don’t think the Myth Busters busted an “enraged” bull in a china shop. :lol: :lol:

We’ll have to test that out. Or maybe not! :lol: :lol:
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: as seen on qvc zombie apocalypse

JOE BIDEN

Post by Foggy »

I have rarely been in any china shops in my life. Just not my oeuvre.

And for whatever reason, I didn't happen to be enraged at the time.

Or I could have been an enraged Bill in a china shop.

:rimshot:
Out from under. :thumbsup:
neonzx

JOE BIDEN

Post by neonzx »

I don't know the origin of enraged bull in a china shop, but I am pretty sure it is Joe Biden's fault. Because Joe Biden.
Ben-Prime
Verified: ✅MamaSaysI'mBonaFide

JOE BIDEN

Post by Ben-Prime »

Foggy wrote: Sat Feb 25, 2023 10:49 am Or I could have been an enraged Bill in a china shop.

:rimshot:
Wait. What if the original expression *was* Bill in a China Shop and we just didn't hear it right?

It's like the old joke from comedian Jeff Marder: "What if the original monks heard the word of God wrong? ... Wait, 'celebrate'? I thought you said 'celibate'!"
But the sunshine aye shall light the sky,
As round and round we run;
And the truth shall ever come uppermost,
And justice shall be done.

- Charles Mackay, "Eternal Justice"
AndyinPA
Verified:

JOE BIDEN

Post by AndyinPA »

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/lesion- ... d=97617868
The lesion removed from President Joe Biden's chest during his physical last month was cancerous, White House physician Dr. Kevin O'Connor said Friday.

"As expected, the biopsy confirmed that the small lesion was basal cell carcinoma," O'Connor said. "All cancerous tissue was successfully removed. … No further treatment is required."

"Basal cell carcinoma lesions do not tend to 'spread' or metastasize, as some more serious skin cancers such as melanoma or squamous cell carcinoma are known to do," O'Connor explained. "They do, however, have the potential to increase in size, resulting in a more significant issue as well as increased challenges for surgical removal."

O'Connor said the "site of the biopsy has healed nicely and the President will continue dermatologic surveillance as part of his ongoing comprehensive healthcare."
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
Gregg

JOE BIDEN

Post by Gregg »

W. Kevin Vicklund wrote: Sat Feb 25, 2023 6:36 am
Ben-Prime wrote: Sat Feb 25, 2023 2:22 am

Because this is Fogbow, I'm obligated to mention that the "bull in a china shop" trope has been proven false.

If the bull is on loco weed, on the other hand...
I say we send in Cocaine Bear, just to be sure.

RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

JOE BIDEN

Post by RTH10260 »

"The recognition for retired Colonel Paris Davis comes after a nearly 60-year delay."
CBS News Videos https://www.yahoo.com/news/biden-awards ... 41748.html
Biden awarded Medal of Honor to one of nation’s first Black Special Forces officers

Maureen Groppe, USA TODAY
Fri, March 3, 2023 at 10:36 PM GMT+1

WASHINGTON – One of the first Black commanders to lead an elite unit in combat received Friday the nation's highest award for valor, fixing what advocates viewed as a decadeslong injustice.

President Joe Biden hung the blue ribboned Medal of Honor around the neck of retired U.S. Army Col. Paris D. Davis at a White House ceremony.

“He never lost faith, which I find astounding," Biden said. He said the day may be "the most consequential" since he became president.

“Paris, you are everything this medal means – I mean everything this medal means," Biden told Davis, who stood at attention in his military uniform. “You are everything our nation is at our best.”

In brief remarks after the ceremony, Davis deflected the attention to his own bravery, saying the medal "reflects what teamwork, service, and dedication can achieve.”

“God bless you, God bless all, God bless America,” he added.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/biden-awardi ... 10492.html
(original: USA TODAY)
Volkonski
Verified:

JOE BIDEN

Post by Volkonski »

Biden scraps Trump design for Air Force One paint job
The new successor aircrafts were set to be delivered in 2026 and 2027 but have been delayed again.

https://www.dw.com/en/biden-scraps-trum ... l-1573-rdf
The US Air Force revealed a new color scheme for Air Force One, scrapping the colors chosen by former US President Donald Trump.

The Biden administration will modify the Air Force One paint scheme, but the update will closely resemble the current white with two shades of blue that dates back to President John F. Kennedy's administration, the Air Force said Friday.

Former president Trump proposed a more prominent red, white and blue design, with a deep red stripe down the middle of the aircraft and a dark blue underbelly. The coloring he proposed was almost identical to the exterior of his personal plane.

A statement by the Air Force on Friday said that the color scheme proposed by Trump would lead to possible delays and tests to deal with "the added heat" from the color palette.

Instead, the Biden administration chose a paint scheme in which the current "robin's egg" blue will be slightly "deeper" and the engines will be a darker blue, the Air Force said. The jet's belly will not be polished metal because the alloy would allow for that, they said.
“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
bob

JOE BIDEN

Post by bob »

AP: Biden issues first veto, taking on new Republican House:
President Joe Biden issued the first veto of his presidency Monday in an early sign of shifting White House relations with the new Congress since Republicans took control of the House in January — a move that serves as a prelude to bigger battles with GOP lawmakers on government spending and the nation’s debt limit.

Biden sought to kill a Republican-authored measure that would ban the government from considering environmental impacts or potential lawsuits when making investment decisions for people’s retirement plans. In a video released by the White House, Biden said he vetoed the measure because it “put at risk the retirement savings of individuals across the country.”

The measure vetoed by Biden would have effectively reinstated a Trump-era ban on federal managers of retirement plans considering factors such as climate change, social impacts or pending lawsuits when making investment choices.

“In his first veto, Biden just sided with woke Wall Street over workers,” House Speaker Kevin McCarthy, R-Calif., tweeted on Monday. “Tells you exactly where his priorities lie.” He said “it’s clear Biden wants Wall Street to use your retirement savings to fund his far-left political causes.”

Biden’s veto is likely to prevail. Just three Democrats in Congress — one in the House, and two in the Senate — supported Republicans in the matter, making it unlikely a two-thirds majority in both chambers could be assembled to overcome Biden’s veto.

Rep. Jared Golden, D-Maine, was the sole Democrat to back the resolution in the House, while Sens. Jon Tester, D-Mont., and Joe Manchin, D-W.Va., supported it in the Senate. Golden is a perennial target of Republicans seeking to oust him from his conservative district, while Tester and Manchin are both up for re-election next year.
"For completeness," it was HJR 30.

Sinema voted against it; three Democratic senators didn't vote.
Image ImageImage
Kendra

JOE BIDEN

Post by Kendra »

Goodness, must have been a crazy news day they couldn't even break in for a short bit on this :shrug:

Lani

JOE BIDEN

Post by Lani »

Love Springsteen ❤️
Image You can't wait until life isn't hard anymore before you decide to be happy.
Kendra

JOE BIDEN

Post by Kendra »

Lani wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 8:05 pm Love Springsteen ❤️
Yes!

neonzx

JOE BIDEN

Post by neonzx »

Kendra wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 8:20 pm
Lani wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 8:05 pm Love Springsteen ❤️
Yes!

:eek: :shock: Look at that horrible tourist assault on D.C.

Some better times.
Gregg

JOE BIDEN

Post by Gregg »

I saw Pete Seeger's last live appearance, playing with Arlo Guthrie at Carnegie Hall.

Those from Quatloos know that Webhick and I used to go see Arlo every year on Thanksgiving weekend.

bob

JOE BIDEN

Post by bob »

The vote to override Biden's veto failed to get a majority vote in the House, let alone the required two-thirds.
Edit: :bag:
Image ImageImage
Dr. Ken

JOE BIDEN

Post by Dr. Ken »

bob wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2023 8:56 pm
The vote to override Biden's veto failed to get a majority vote in the House, let alone the required two-thirds.
McCarthy couldn't even get his members in line to have a majority vote?
ImageImagePhilly Boondoggle

Return to “Biden Administration”