Spring forward.
To delete this message, click the X at top right.

JOE BIDEN

Let's get back to normalcy. Does normalcy fit into your schedule?
sugar magnolia

Re: JOE BIDEN

Post by sugar magnolia »

Ben-Prime wrote: Sun Aug 28, 2022 5:30 pm
raison de arizona wrote: Sun Aug 28, 2022 11:27 am
Henry Djoutsa 🇨🇲🇺🇸 Supports🇺🇦 @D_jeneration wrote: At the end of the day this is who President Biden aka Dark Brandon really is and why i will always have his back
Anyone know the context of this? I'd love to know the backstory.
That was the son of one of the victims at Parkland, I believe.
Patagoniagirl

Post by Patagoniagirl »

Damn, Sugar! That made me sob! I love me some Joe.
sugar magnolia

Post by sugar magnolia »

This is the one that made me sob, but not in a good way.
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

Ben-Prime wrote: Sun Aug 28, 2022 5:30 pm
raison de arizona wrote: Sun Aug 28, 2022 11:27 am https:// twitter.com/D_jeneration/status/1563675477130285056
Henry Djoutsa 🇨🇲🇺🇸 Supports🇺🇦 @D_jeneration wrote: At the end of the day this is who President Biden aka Dark Brandon really is and why i will always have his back
Anyone know the context of this? I'd love to know the backstory.
► Show Spoiler

https:// twitter.com/D_jeneration/status/1563810562332659713
Henry Djoutsa 🇨🇲🇺🇸 Supports🇺🇦@D_jeneration

This is from the funeral service of an athletic director that was killed in the Parkland, FL shooting in 2018. Trump was president & didn't attend. Joe was there to grieve with & care for these families
10:47 AM · Aug 28, 2022
p0rtia

Post by p0rtia »

Parkland shooting, I believe I read this AM. 2017. Fuckhead didn't go, but Biden did.
Patagoniagirl

Post by Patagoniagirl »

It doesn't matter if the kid was 15. I may be wrong but it sounds like the kid said "I wanna hug" before grabbing onto Biden. Also, I thought I saw some signs of a developmental disability in that boy.
sad-cafe

Post by sad-cafe »

Patagoniagirl wrote: Sun Aug 28, 2022 9:06 pm It doesn't matter if the kid was 15. I may be wrong but it sounds like the kid said "I wanna hug" before grabbing onto Biden. Also, I thought I saw some signs of a developmental disability in that boy.
the boy has Down's syndrome
Ben-Prime
Verified: ✅MamaSaysI'mBonaFide

Post by Ben-Prime »

Ah, living not far down the road from Parkland in one of the less well-off northwestern suburbs of Broward County, I had tried to tune out a lot of the day to day on that, for my own sanity's sake. My ex-wife had some friends in that neighborhood and we both had friends-of-friends teaching or otherwise working there. I tried to compartmentalize my consumption of media on that topic.

Seeing that now, with the greater hindsight, I'm glad I did. If I'd seen it in context, 4 years ago, the clip of that young man needing a hug from Unca Joe would have wrecked me.
But the sunshine aye shall light the sky,
As round and round we run;
And the truth shall ever come uppermost,
And justice shall be done.

- Charles Mackay, "Eternal Justice"
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: as seen on qvc zombie apocalypse

Post by Foggy »

Yeah, me too, Ben-Prime. :cry:
Out from under. :thumbsup:
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

sad-cafe wrote: Sun Aug 28, 2022 9:41 pm
Patagoniagirl wrote: Sun Aug 28, 2022 9:06 pm It doesn't matter if the kid was 15. I may be wrong but it sounds like the kid said "I wanna hug" before grabbing onto Biden. Also, I thought I saw some signs of a developmental disability in that boy.
the boy has Down's syndrome
Hidden Content
This board requires you to be registered and logged-in to view hidden content.
Phoenix520
Verified:

Post by Phoenix520 »

Stop making me cry, you meanies!

That clip gets me every time. :crying:
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

Phoenix520 wrote: Mon Aug 29, 2022 4:23 pm Stop making me cry, you meanies!

That clip gets me every time. :crying:
Me too. I tear up just thinking about it. And who was there, doing the work? Joe Biden. tfg, the President at the time, didn't even bother to show up. Which honestly, given his support for shooting children "gun rights," may have been a good thing.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
sad-cafe

Post by sad-cafe »

absolutely
Luke
Location: @orly_licious With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA

Post by Luke »

Interesting timing before Labor Day weekend, they're thinking folks will be talking about the MAGA Party over the holiday weekend.
Biden to deliver prime-time address on democracy Thursday
The speech, one of Biden’s few in prime time, reaffirms his rhetorical shift to a greater stress on the threat to democratic values
By Mariana Alfaro and Tyler Pager
August 29, 2022 at 6:57 p.m. EDT

President Biden will deliver a prime-time address Thursday on the fight for democracy in America and “the continued battle for the soul of the nation,” a White House official said Monday, an address that is likely to confirm his growing rhetorical emphasis on the anti-democratic forces he sees as capturing much of the Republican Party.

Speaking at Philadelphia’s Independence National Historical Park, the president is expected to highlight his administration’s achievements and argue that the country’s democratic values will be at stake during the midterm elections.

“He will talk about the progress we have made as a nation to protect our democracy, but how our rights and freedoms are still under attack,” the official said. “He will make clear who is fighting for those rights, fighting for those freedoms, and fighting for our democracy.” The official spoke on the condition of anonymity to preview the content of the speech.
More: https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics ... p_politics
Lt Root Beer of the Mighty 699th. Fogbow 💙s titular Mama June in Fogbow's Favourite Show™ Mama June: From Not To Hot! Fogbow's Theme Song™ Edith Massey's "I Got The Evidence!" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5jDHZd0JAg
Luke
Location: @orly_licious With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA

Post by Luke »

:lol: :boxing: :thumbsup:

FJB.JPG
FJB.JPG (68.22 KiB) Viewed 546 times
Lt Root Beer of the Mighty 699th. Fogbow 💙s titular Mama June in Fogbow's Favourite Show™ Mama June: From Not To Hot! Fogbow's Theme Song™ Edith Massey's "I Got The Evidence!" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5jDHZd0JAg
Luke

Post by Luke »

Somebody posted this as a reply in a @KurtSchlichter thread like it was bad. Is this #DarkBrandon or whatever they're calling it? :lol:

Kriselda Gray
Verified:

Post by Kriselda Gray »

What the Hel is Dark Brandon all about, anyway? I know it's referencing Biden, and I kmow how the whole "Let's go Brandon" thing got started (such an incredibly stupid meme...) but I just don't get Dark Brandon.
Luke

Post by Luke »

Just looked it up because it is confusing...
The “Dark Brandon” meme — and why it’s so confusing — explained
How “Let’s Go Brandon” and “Dark MAGA” combined to celebrate Joe Biden’s policy wins.
By Aja Romano @ajaromano Aug 11, 2022, 10:10am EDT

Who gets to decide what a meme means? Can a meme born in darkness — say, for instance, the racist corners of 4chan — ever come to have lighter meanings? Do we have a responsibility to purge our cultural vocabulary of memes with spurious origins, or does that just lead to the elimination of, well, all internet culture? These are just a few of the complicated questions the rise of the “Dark Brandon” meme leads us to. In recent weeks, Democrats — including numerous politicians and White House staff members — have been using the meme, which began as an ironic take on the already-ironic “Let’s Go Brandon” meme from the right (in short, it’s code for “Fuck Joe Biden”). Attempts to reclaim “Let’s Go Brandon” for the left failed badly, but recently the “Dark Brandon” variant took off. You may have seen Dark Brandon across the interwebs lately: a laser-eyed Joe Biden, usually presented via ancient lolcats-style image macro, probably with a reference to defeating malarkey somewhere.
“Dark Brandon” combines two subgenres of pro-Trump memes and attempts to subvert them both. But from there, it’s very, very complicated. The “Let’s Go Brandon” meme originated from a reporter’s mistaken (or possibly strategic) mishearing of a crowd chant at the Talladega racetrack in October 2021. When cries of “Fuck Joe Biden!” broke out in between races, NBC’s Kelli Stavast was interviewing race winner Brandon Brown after his first career win. Stavast translated the background noise on the spot into “Let’s go, Brandon” — instantly spawning that thing Trump-loving shitposters love most: a code for something they want to say publicly but can’t, disguised as something banal.

From there, the meme took what are by now pedestrian routes into the mainstream. Trumpists used it everywhere, including in Congress, and it was immediately swallowed up in money grabs from conservative merch hawks. Liberals tried to reconfigure it into a sincere “Thank You, Brandon” meme that flopped on arrival. A linguist tried hard to make the meme sound important, like both a victory for the right and a deeper intersection of linguistics and culture than it probably was. Mostly it was predictable: It spawned a typical string of back-and-forth attempts to wrest the meme from its original ironic moorings; each served only to weaken it. In December, Forbes’ Dani Di Placido attempted to argue that “the ‘Let’s go Brandon’ movement is a sad echo of the initial confidence of the Trump movement,” one that had spun off into underwhelming bumper stickers and cringe territory.
Some sources claim Dark Brandon began as an ironic far-right meme made by extreme conservatives who dislike Biden, molding him in their own aesthetic. Others claim it was the creation of “snarky leftists” repurposing the Dark MAGA memes in order to ironically express their own disdain for Biden. And others claim that it was the creation of leftists attempting to ironically mock Trump and his supporters by making their own version of the right’s hypermasculine memes. (One rumor that the entire meme was the work of Chinese propagandists briefly flourished thanks to Yang Quan, an artist on Chinese social app Weibo who drew propaganda art depicting Biden as the Game of Thrones-esque ruler of a horde of undead zombies. Decontextualized, the artwork became popular and joined the ranks of the Dark Biden memes. No other evidence of Chinese propaganda influencing the memes has surfaced.)

Immediately, you can probably see where complexities arise from trying to take an aesthetic linked to neo-Nazi origins and tying it to a public figure whose edgiest memes involve eating ice cream. But that hasn’t stopped Democrats and Biden fans from running with the “Dark Brandon” concept, leaving pundits divided over whether the new meme is hype or cringe. To some degree, this is all just a return volley. The Democrats who started to run with “Dark Brandon” clearly hoped to ape the style of the edgy “Dark MAGA” memes, combining their aesthetic with depictions of Biden as a take-no-prisoners badass leader. MAGA supporters used their own over-the-top memes to reframe Trump’s perceived bumbling incompetence as a giant disguise, a foil for the competent strongman that lay beneath. Now Biden supporters are repeating the magic, framing Biden’s perceived bumbling incompetence as a mask for a tough masculine warrior who gets things done. Turnabout, fair play, etc.
Tons, tons more: https://www.vox.com/culture/23300286/bi ... -explained
Kriselda Gray
Verified:

Post by Kriselda Gray »

Thanks, Orly!
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

Isn't the big speech tonight?
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

Kriselda Gray wrote: Thu Sep 01, 2022 4:08 am What the Hel is Dark Brandon all about, anyway? I know it's referencing Biden, and I kmow how the whole "Let's go Brandon" thing got started (such an incredibly stupid meme...) but I just don't get Dark Brandon.
I'm pretty much on the "memes are stupid" side, but this one seems to be taking a negative meme and owning it, which pisses off Republicans because no fair using their tactics against them.
Kriselda Gray
Verified:

Post by Kriselda Gray »

pipistrelle wrote: Thu Sep 01, 2022 8:09 am
Kriselda Gray wrote: Thu Sep 01, 2022 4:08 am What the Hel is Dark Brandon all about, anyway? I know it's referencing Biden, and I kmow how the whole "Let's go Brandon" thing got started (such an incredibly stupid meme...) but I just don't get Dark Brandon.
I'm pretty much on the "memes are stupid" side, but this one seems to be taking a negative meme and owning it, which pisses off Republicans because no fair using their tactics against them.
Ah, cool :) I like most anything (ethical) that pisses off the pubs.
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: as seen on qvc zombie apocalypse

Post by Foggy »

Out from under. :thumbsup:
Kriselda Gray
Verified:

Post by Kriselda Gray »

Oh, yikes...
Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

Ruh-roh! If there's a Dark Brandon, is a Dark Foggy not far behind?
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.

Return to “Biden Administration”