JOE BIDEN

Let's get back to normalcy. Does normalcy fit into your schedule?
Volkonski
Verified:

Re: JOE BIDEN

Post by Volkonski »

“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
filly

Post by filly »

Volkonski wrote: Sat Mar 26, 2022 2:00 pm
I think Tom Nichols is a smart guy in his field of expertise. He wrote a book called The Death of Expertise which really resonates with me. Of course he does not have the intel that Biden has so he's basically in the peanut gallery like the rest of us. It certainly was a bold speech. I was thinking I was glad Biden changed out his Secret Service team and he probably needs a food and drink tester.
Lani

Post by Lani »

Here's the speech:

He is uniting the world. He's the right person at the right time.
Image You can't wait until life isn't hard anymore before you decide to be happy.
p0rtia

Post by p0rtia »

filly wrote: Sat Mar 26, 2022 3:05 pm
Volkonski wrote: Sat Mar 26, 2022 2:00 pm
I think Tom Nichols is a smart guy in his field of expertise. He wrote a book called The Death of Expertise which really resonates with me. Of course he does not have the intel that Biden has so he's basically in the peanut gallery like the rest of us. It certainly was a bold speech. I was thinking I was glad Biden changed out his Secret Service team and he probably needs a food and drink tester.
Lots of counterpoint on SM, praising the strength and boldness of POTUS. Here's an example:

Phoenix520
Verified:

Post by Phoenix520 »

He is uniting the world. He's the right person at the right time.
:yeahthat:

I’m visiting my brother in Ojai. I was in the hotel lobby with coffee when the speech was on. I didn’t notice until later that it was Fox.

The manager was watching. He shook his head and said “Biden”.

Me: “Biden” what?
He: Just Biden
Me: Not a fan?
He: head shake
Me: Tell ya what, I’d much rather have him here, now, in this situation, with his years of experience and the world’s confidence, than mr trump.
He: well, there is that
Me: He’s a good man. A much better man than mr trump.
He: Yeah.
Me:
He:

I left the room.
Ben-Prime
Verified: ✅MamaSaysI'mBonaFide

Post by Ben-Prime »

Volkonski wrote: Sat Mar 26, 2022 2:03 pm

I hope that our best mental heath experts are providing Biden with good advice about how far to push Putin. :?
Hell, I'm sure our PsyOps experts are trying to figure out how to beam Qaddafi videos onto the walls outside the Kremlin. Crikey.
But the sunshine aye shall light the sky,
As round and round we run;
And the truth shall ever come uppermost,
And justice shall be done.

- Charles Mackay, "Eternal Justice"
Uninformed

Post by Uninformed »

“Joe Biden signs anti-lynching bill in historic first9:
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-60679930

“US President Joe Biden has signed legislation that designates lynching as a federal hate crime.
The law follows more than 100 years and 200 failed attempts by US lawmakers to pass anti-lynching legislation.
The Emmett Till Antilynching Act is named for the black teenager whose brutal murder in Mississippi in 1955 helped spark the civil rights movement.
Perpetrators of a lynching - death or injury resulting from a hate crime - will face up to 30 years in jail.
Mr Biden said: "Thank you for never giving up, never ever giving up.
"Lynching was pure terror to enforce the lie that not everyone, not everyone, belongs in America, not everyone is created equal."
He added: "Racial hate isn't an old problem - it's a persistent problem. Hate never goes away. It only hides."”
If you can't lie to yourself, who can you lie to?
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

Fake news, only the former impotus guy had bestest and greatest numbers evahhh
The U.S. economy added 431,000 jobs in March.
The pace of hiring remained strong last month.

A continued torrent of consumer demand, paired with an emerging atmosphere of normalcy as coronavirus caseloads and health restrictions fade away, led to a burst of new jobs last month, giving reason for optimism despite the year’s increasingly uncertain economic outlook.

U.S. employers added 431,000 jobs in March on a seasonally adjusted basis, the Labor Department said Friday. The figure was just shy of forecasts, and there was an upward revision of 95,000 for the previous two months of this year.

The unemployment rate was 3.6 percent, down from 3.8 percent a month earlier and just a touch higher than its levels right before the pandemic.

Among the industries with gains were leisure and hospitality (112,000), retailing (49,000) and manufacturing (38,000).

https://www.nytimes.com/live/2022/04/01 ... obs-report
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

It's amazing how many arguments one can get into just trying to explain that unemployment is NOT in fact at historically high levels, but rather at historically low levels. People are dumb.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Phoenix520
Verified:

Post by Phoenix520 »

Or that Biden is not personally responsible for the high gas prices.

People who believe these things are impervious to reality. They’d rather be dumb.
raison de arizona

22FFC61C-62D9-4EE9-8CE8-F028112E2C92.jpeg
22FFC61C-62D9-4EE9-8CE8-F028112E2C92.jpeg (148.23 KiB) Viewed 1458 times
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
raison de arizona

Following the atrocities in Bucha, Ukraine, Biden says Putin should be tried for war crimes. This is the first time that he has tied specific atrocities in Ukraine to his description of Putin as a war criminal and mentioned a “trial.”
RVInit

Post by RVInit »

Off Topic
We just had a president that pardoned two American war criminals. I'm sure one of Putin's allies will bring this up at some point. Putin won't bring it up himself, he's too busy figuring out how he can tip the scales to get Trump elected again. But he'll have one of his puppets bring it up. And sit by and smirk about how easily he leads tfg around by the nose.
There's a lot of things that need to change. One specifically? Police brutality.
--Colin Kaepernick
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

Tucker Carlson in 3... 2... 1... :blackeye:
RVInit

Post by RVInit »

Never mind that Biden is actually pushing more liberal policies than Obama ever did. Oh, but wait, I remember now what bothers them so damn much about Obama...
There's a lot of things that need to change. One specifically? Police brutality.
--Colin Kaepernick
Frater I*I
Verified: ✅Verified Devilish Hyena

Post by Frater I*I »

RVInit wrote: Tue Apr 05, 2022 7:57 pm Never mind that Biden is actually pushing more liberal policies than Obama ever did. Oh, but wait, I remember now what bothers them so damn much about Obama...
The fact that he wanted affordable health care for all American...that's what...

I'll come in again... :bag:
"He sewed his eyes shut because he is afraid to see, He tries to tell me what I put inside of me
He's got the answers to ease my curiosity, He dreamed a god up and called it Christianity"

Trent Reznor
Phoenix520
Verified:

Post by Phoenix520 »

The fact that affordable healthcare would make them vote Dem for years.
raison de arizona

BIDEN: "I know it's controversial but I got it done once—ban assault weapons and high-capacity magazines!"

"What do you think the deer you're hunting wear Kevlar vests? What the hell ya need 20 bullets for? You must be a hell of a terrible shot. No, I'm serious. Think about it."
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

Hunting trips in Europe use semi automatic Rifles, but they issue 3 round clips.

Seems to take care of those pesky Kevlar equipped Wild Boar ok.
Hic sunt dracones
Mrich

Post by Mrich »

This reminds me of VP Biden's speech at TAPS (The Tragedy Assistance Program for Survivors) in 2012. It's long but worth the watch.
Kriselda Gray
Verified:

Post by Kriselda Gray »

Biden is just a good person.
noblepa

Post by noblepa »

I just can't imagine TFG showing one tenth that amount of empathy or kindness.
busterbunker

Post by busterbunker »

Got me thinking that being a good person is becoming more of a double-edged sword. There seems to be a growing level of resentment for good people, or perhaps that resentment is more easily expressed now. An interesting experiment could be some A/B testing in the red states, where half the audience is fed news that makes Biden look like a total asshole. Would his favorability numbers improve?
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

I closed the tab, so no link, but just saw that Biden's coming to Portland and Seattle late next week. If I have it correct, Portland on Thursday and Seattle on Friday. Pacific Northwestern natives know what kind a chaos a presidential visit can cause, so be warned and prepared. No details yet on where in those cities he'll be travelling.

Return to “Biden Administration”