JOE BIDEN

Let's get back to normalcy. Does normalcy fit into your schedule?
Estiveo
Verified:

Re: JOE BIDEN

Post by Estiveo »

But, but, but, I thought both of those cities were brunt to the ground by BLM & Antifa?
Image Image Image Image
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Estiveo wrote: Tue Apr 19, 2022 2:00 pm But, but, but, I thought both of those cities were brunt to the ground by BLM & Antifa?
:rimshot:
pjhimself

Post by pjhimself »

Phoenix520
Verified:

Post by Phoenix520 »

PJ, if I want to watch people make fun of a stutterer, aka Biden-bashing, I can go elsewhere.

Please, if you’re going to plop this bullshit here, cover it up so it doesn’t stink up the joint. :bored:
noblepa

Post by noblepa »

Phoenix520 wrote: Wed Apr 20, 2022 3:37 pm PJ, if I want to watch people make fun of a stutterer, aka Biden-bashing, I can go elsewhere.

Please, if you’re going to plop this bullshit here, cover it up so it doesn’t stink up the joint. :bored:
First of all, TFG has as much trouble as Biden ever does with getting tongue tied, so, Pot, meet Kettle.

More importantly, it is not perfect elocution that matters to me. It is the thoughts and ideas being expressed.

Biden speaks of progress and government doing things to help people. He seldom, if ever, bad-mouths anyone, except maybe TFG. He doesn't brag or boast. He speaks of fulfilling our obligations on the world stage.

TFG can't make it through three sentences without insulting someone, usually in a crude and vulgar manner, using childish name-calling. He will gladly remind you that he is the greatest president who ever was or ever could be. He speaks of doing things to regress rather than progress. He speaks of letting the world fend for itself.
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Heads up to Seattle area Fogbow peeps:

https://mynorthwest.com/3443046/joe-bid ... earth-day/

:snippity: According to his itinerary, he will arrive at Seattle-Tacoma International Airport at 5:15 p.m., before heading to a fundraiser for the Democratic National Committee in Seattle at 6:30 p.m. :snippity:

Don't know what time they'll start shutting down the Freeway from SeaTac to where ever this meeting is being held, but I'm not going anywhere near them this afternoon.
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

I'm just wondering. Here, we are seeing fairly common pro-Joe Biden ads. You know, the average Joe/Jill person talking about what a good job he is doing. I'm curious if this is true around the rest of the country or just in swing states. I can't imagine that it would be just PA.
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
Phoenix520
Verified:

Post by Phoenix520 »

Biden is from PA, i would expect that. I don’t have cable, Idont see ads anymore, but I haven’t heard of them in CA. Maybe it’s test marketing? I wish they would go national. I get so tired of hearing about Sleepy Joe and the terrible job he’s doing.

He’s not, goddammit!!
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

I've haven't seen them in greater Seattle area.
sad-cafe

Post by sad-cafe »

Phoenix520 wrote: Wed Apr 20, 2022 3:37 pm PJ, if I want to watch people make fun of a stutterer, aka Biden-bashing, I can go elsewhere.

this!~
noblepa

Post by noblepa »

I haven't seen any specifically pro-Biden ads here in the Cleveland area.

The Republican primary has a crowded field. There are wall-to-wall ads for the Republican Senate candidates trying outdo each other in sucking up to TFG.

There is very little activity among Democrat Senate candidates. I think that there is only one D candidate.
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

I'm picturing a headline like this:

RUSSIA WITHDRAWS FROM UKRAINE; CEDES CRIMEA; COMMITS TO REPARATIONS, COOPERATION WITH NATO
Here's why that's bad news for Joe Biden:
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

Biden order to boost mining may not have quick payoff

https://apnews.com/article/biden-techno ... ce=Twitter
President Joe Biden is turning to a Cold War-era law to boost production of lithium and other minerals used to power electric vehicles, but experts say the move by itself is unlikely to ensure the robust domestic mining Biden seeks as he promotes cleaner energy sources.

Biden’s action, part of his efforts to find alternatives to fossil fuels and combat climate change, does not waive or suspend existing environmental and labor standards, the White House said. Nor does it address the chief hurdle to increased domestic extraction of so-called critical minerals: the years-long process needed to obtain a federal permit for a new mine.

Even so, the mining industry and supporters in Congress cheered Biden’s use of the 1950 Defense Production Act to increase U.S. supplies of lithium, nickel and other minerals needed for electric-vehicles batteries and other clean-energy technology.

His March 31 executive order is a historic step by the White House to “recognize the critical importance of minerals and push to electrify the car industry,″ said Rich Nolan, president and CEO of the National Mining Association.
Even without worrying about permits it still takes years to build and start up a large mining operation.

I spent over 30 years in the process industry. From conception to startup of a plant typically took 5 years, often longer. Design alone took 1 to 2 years. Then you have to negotiate with major equipment suppliers who may have a 1 to 2 year backlog. Don't forget transportation. New rail lines don't appear overnight. Then there is labor. Why do process plants cluster together? Partly because they tend to locate in places where there is a supply of experienced workers.

Mines are often in remote areas. Attracting workers can be hard. The company will have to build housing and provide ordinary amenities like shopping and restaurants.

None of this means that new mines can't be built. It just can't be done quickly.
“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
keith
Occupation: Retired Computer Systems Analyst Project Manager Super Coder
Verified: ✅lunatic

Post by keith »

Volkonski wrote: Sat Apr 30, 2022 12:30 pm Biden order to boost mining may not have quick payoff
:snippity:
Mines are often in remote areas. Attracting workers can be hard. The company will have to build housing and provide ordinary amenities like shopping and restaurants.

None of this means that new mines can't be built. It just can't be done quickly.
Australian miners have solved this problem.

Its called "Fly in fly out".

All you have build on site are dorms and a commissary. Then teams fly in from some home town somewhere thousands of miles away for 3 week shifts or whatever.
Has everybody heard about the bird?
sugar magnolia

Post by sugar magnolia »

keith wrote: Sat Apr 30, 2022 9:53 pm
Volkonski wrote: Sat Apr 30, 2022 12:30 pm Biden order to boost mining may not have quick payoff
:snippity:

Australian miners have solved this problem.

Its called "Fly in fly out".

All you have build on site are dorms and a commissary. Then teams fly in from some home town somewhere thousands of miles away for 3 week shifts or whatever.
Oil rigs in the Gulf do the same thing. 2 weeks on, 2 weeks off.
jemcanada2

Post by jemcanada2 »

Biden is on fire here! The first joke alone… :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Rumour has it that Trump originally ran for president due to Obama and Seth Meyers roasting him. I hope Biden and Trevor Noah don’t cause him to run in 2024. :? :blackeye: :cantlook:
Lani

Post by Lani »

White House hires full-time ASL interpreters for first time: "I'm here for the Deaf community"
https://www.cbsnews.com/news/white-hous ... 16-10abd6g

At the White House, the president, the first lady and the press secretary are usually the most familiar faces. But for thousands of Americans, a box in the right-hand corner of the White House livestream is where their eyes usually focus.

Whenever the president speaks, whenever Jen Psaki holds a press briefing, or when experts like Dr. Anthony Fauci share new information, American Sign Language interpreter Elsie Stecker is on screen, too.

"This is a dream job of that combination of the political information and the interpreting. It fits me very, very well," she told CBS News' senior White House and political correspondent Ed O'Keefe.

Stecker, who is completely deaf, is the first-ever official White House ASL interpreter. The groundbreaking position comes after advocates sued to get live ASL interpretation during COVID-19 briefings. The Biden administration went a step further, hiring Stecker as well as a non-deaf ASL interpreter, Lindsey Snyder, as members of the staff.

....Moar at the link.
Image You can't wait until life isn't hard anymore before you decide to be happy.
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

Seriously, who looks more demonic, Trump or Biden?
“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

Suranis

Post by Suranis »

https://twitter.com/MuellerSheWrote/sta ... 5589106695
Mueller, She Wrote
@MuellerSheWrote
THREAD: If Biden forgives $10K in student debt, and you have decided you won’t vote for democrats because you want $50K, I have a favor to ask. And I’m being 100% serious. 1/
2:03 AM · May 30, 2022·Twitter for iPhone
The thread is the usual slogans and you can guess them all. Here's what I want to say: If people are saying that on the twits, and if you are taking them seriously and accepting that as a reason not to vote for Democrats, then you deserve to live in a fucking dictatorship. If that's "Anti-American" then guilty. Jesus H Christ.

Besides, Biden campaigned on $10K debt forgiveness, so he is fulfilling an election promise with which he dominated the Democratic Primaries. Only an entitled ass looks at $10K and spits it out becasue he wants $50k with everything else that's on the line.
Hic sunt dracones
noblepa

Post by noblepa »

Suranis wrote: Mon May 30, 2022 6:56 pm https://twitter.com/MuellerSheWrote/sta ... 5589106695
Mueller, She Wrote
@MuellerSheWrote
THREAD: If Biden forgives $10K in student debt, and you have decided you won’t vote for democrats because you want $50K, I have a favor to ask. And I’m being 100% serious. 1/
2:03 AM · May 30, 2022·Twitter for iPhone
The thread is the usual slogans and you can guess them all. Here's what I want to say: If people are saying that on the twits, and if you are taking them seriously and accepting that as a reason not to vote for Democrats, then you deserve to live in a fucking dictatorship. If that's "Anti-American" then guilty. Jesus H Christ.

Besides, Biden campaigned on $10K debt forgiveness, so he is fulfilling an election promise with which he dominated the Democratic Primaries. Only an entitled ass looks at $10K and spits it out becasue he wants $50k with everything else that's on the line.

Besides, the choice is not between $10k and $50k. The choice is between $10k and zero.
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

Bwahahaha...
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
MN-Skeptic

Post by MN-Skeptic »

Return to “Biden Administration”