Spring forward.
To delete this message, click the X at top right.

Sharon Rondeau's The Post & Email - Sharon Bess Hanjian Wirth Rondeau Rated F "Questionable Source"

Trying to make sense of a crazy world, with limited success mostly
bob

Re: Sharon Rondeau's The Post & Email - Sharon Bess Hanjian Wirth Rondeau Rated F "Questionable Source"

Post by bob »

Reality Check wrote: Thu Apr 21, 2022 3:05 pm Sharon's vaunted spam filter seems to only happen to catch comments that interject a few facts into her world of fantasy. :lol:
E.g.:
Rondeau wrote:If you submitted comments before this one and its predecessor, they did not make it through the spam filter.
[some jerk*] wrote:The spam filter did not cause others to be . . . . blocked on this site.
Rondeau wrote:On the contrary, hundreds of comments go into the spam folder on a regular basis. The Post & Email is happy to post all comments which comport with our guidelines . . . .
Some jerk had a response, but couldn't post it due to ... being blocked.

* :whistle:
Image ImageImage
bob

Re: Sharon Rondeau's The Post & Email - Sharon Bess Hanjian Wirth Rondeau Rated F "Questionable Source"

Post by bob »

P&E comments:
Richard Michael wrote:Censorship. When you do it, is it any different than when those you decry do it?

Rondeau wrote:You could send an email to the editor asking, for starters, if your comment was received. At times they are not. Others have done so, including a screenshot of the error message they received, which has assisted us to troubleshoot the problem.
Some jerk* would explain to Rondeau that she didn't actually deny censoring, but some jerk is again baned. :crying:

Interestingly, Michael has a blog ("Constitution for the Everyman"), and he dusted it off just to respond to Rondeau:
Michael wrote:This reply was originally attempted on Ms. Sharon Rondeau's The Post & Email on April 20, 2022. It was a rebuttal to Joseph DeMaio's
"The Unanswered Question."
Rondeau wrote:[It's] rather disrespectful and violates our rule against personal attacks. It also uses language we don't allow.
I suspect the offending "language" is bastard, which throughout the history of the English langage has always meant a child born to unmarried parents. Is there another word?

If criticizing one's reasoning in support of a claim is a personal attack, then we've come to a very sad place. Ms. Rondeau should compare this to the arguments and rebuttals for local measures being voted on at the June 7th Primary Election in California.

Fourteen years later, some people are still heavily invested in a narrative that supports their contempt for Barack Obama.
Michael (to DeMaio) wrote:
► Show Spoiler
Rondeau can't decide whether the problem is her overactive spam filter or her desire to protect the delicate feelings of DeMaio (someone who, with Rondeau's approval, has no problem insulting anyone who disagrees with him).

And, "for completeness," the P&E allows "bastard" ... if it is a reference to Obama. "Still heavily invested in a narrative that supports their contempt for Barack Obama," indeed.

* : :whistle:
Image ImageImage
realist

Post by realist »

:thumbsup:

Thanks, bob.
Image X 4
Image X 32
Reality Check
Verified: ✅ Curmudgeon

Post by Reality Check »

Rondeau banned me too for the cardinal sin of making her hero Zullo look bad.
Reality Check

Post by Reality Check »

bob wrote: Tue May 10, 2022 3:47 pm :snippity:

And, "for completeness," the P&E allows "bastard" ... if it is a reference to Obama. "Still heavily invested in a narrative that supports their contempt for Barack Obama," indeed.

* : :whistle:
The single comment on the Obama Epitaph article is a hoot:
Stephen Hiller says:
Monday, January 26, 2015 at 9:10 AM

IF you really think he will “go quietly into that good night”. We will have to wait and see. Personally I doubt it.
Stephen was only off by four years. ;)
bob

Post by bob »

Reality Check wrote: Thu May 12, 2022 11:25 am Rondeau banned me too for the cardinal sin of making her hero Zullo look bad.
I presently have access to four devices over (at least) three IPs, and it is a constant juggle to figure out which fake e-mail address still survives Rondeau's "spam filter." :roll:
Image ImageImage
Reality Check

Post by Reality Check »

bob wrote: Thu May 12, 2022 2:40 pm
Reality Check wrote: Thu May 12, 2022 11:25 am Rondeau banned me too for the cardinal sin of making her hero Zullo look bad.
I presently have access to four devices over (at least) three IPs, and it is a constant juggle to figure out which fake e-mail address still survives Rondeau's "spam filter." :roll:
I do not put much effort into it. It is just not worth it. She is such a pathetic hypocrite. When her number of comments goes down the toilet she will unblock again.
Sam the Centipede

Post by Sam the Centipede »

Oh dear!

~ ~ ~ w i b b l e w o b b l e ~ ~ ~
bob and RC on stools at Bar Rondoodoo in downtown Nuttsville::
bob: I got two no three bottles of IP Brainburner whiskey in my k-kitchen, but I only touch it once a year no once a month no a coupla times a week
RC: yeah, I got a crate of Stinko de Maio fact-free beer in my cellar, but I barely touch it, for, oh, I dunno, ages, yes ages
bob: I can give up about time, whaddabout you RC?
RC: course I can I know I can I jus doan wanna … fancy nutha?
bob: good idea … Shhhaarronn! - two large Zullito cocktails now please!
bob

Post by bob »

Sam the Centipede wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 4:19 amStinko de Maio
:lol:
bob: I can give up about time
:fingerwag: I can!

In other news, an e-mail addy I created yesterday is "somehow" blocked across all four of my devices. :bag:
Image ImageImage
bob

Post by bob »

P&E: Sharyl Attkisson Interviews D’Souza on Election-Fraud Film.

P&E: Giuliani Interviews D’Souza on “2000 Mules” Before Airing at Mar-a-Lago.

P&E: TruetheVote Founder: “I Can’t Wait” to Release All Election-Fraud Data.

P&E: 2,000 Mules and 200,000 Pigeons.

Guess what's on Rondeau's mind?

And a comment:
Rondeau wrote:According to Catherine Engelbrecht of TruetheVote, the film is “just a start.” It will be interesting to see what else is released.
"Any day now" would have been more succinct. :roll:

D'Souza claims his movie has grossed over $10 million. Which, if true, again shows the best marks are those who refuse to believe they are being conned.
Image ImageImage
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

bob wrote: Sat May 14, 2022 2:32 pm D'Souza claims his movie has grossed over $10 million. Which, if true, again shows the best marks are those who refuse to believe they are being conned.
Convicted felon Dinesh D’Souza is upset that upstanding MAGA patriots are pirating his fantasy flick rather than ponying up the $30-50 for viewing it and cutting into his grift.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

considering the ticket prices at M-a-L .... :crying:
W. Kevin Vicklund

Post by W. Kevin Vicklund »

I'm wondering if I'm one of the so-called Mules.
northland10
Verified: ✅ I'm me.

Post by northland10 »

101010 :towel:
bob

Post by bob »

raison de arizona wrote: Tue May 17, 2022 1:28 pm Convicted felon Dinesh D’Souza is upset that upstanding MAGA patriots are pirating his fantasy flick rather than ponying up the $30-50 for viewing it and cutting into his grift.
Oh, the irony:
Neil Turner (at the P&E) wrote:[T]he response from a liberal friend from CT (even after I gave him the link to watch the replay for free): ‘Who’s making the money on this?’
Then I found that the showing on ‘BeforeItsNews’ got censored, so I sent him this:
BTW, no need to ‘buy it’, … and if the previous link to watch 2000 MULES (https://beforeitsnews.com/opinion-conse ... 28390.html) for free fails to work, try this one: https: //www.bitchute.com/video/r2ieJGuFbTa7/
Image ImageImage
bob

Post by bob »

P&E: The Post & Email Joins TruthSocial:
The Post & Email has opened an account at TruthSocial.com, launched by the Trump Media & Technology Group in February, under the name “@thepostemail.”* **
NEWS YOU CAN USE (and abuse)!

* https://truthsocial.com/@thepostemail , but the content is hidden behind the login screen. :doh:

** Under “@thepostemail” (no period); de minimis.
Image ImageImage
realist

Post by realist »

bob wrote: Thu May 19, 2022 6:25 pm P&E: The Post & Email Joins TruthSocial:
The Post & Email has opened an account at TruthSocial.com, launched by the Trump Media & Technology Group in February, under the name “@thepostemail.”* **

* https://truthsocial.com/@thepostemail , but the content is hidden behind the login screen. :doh:

I don't have the link right now, but I read this morning or last night that Trump is blaming Google for TruthSocial's failure. :roll:
Gotta be someone's else's fault, right?
I'm sure he'll eventually add Facebook and Twitter the Tik Tok, et al. to the list of culprits hell bent on stopping TruthSocial from being successful.
Image X 4
Image X 32
W. Kevin Vicklund

Post by W. Kevin Vicklund »

Punctuation within quotation marks is, unfortunately, proper in many style guides.
bob

Post by bob »

W. Kevin Vicklund wrote: Thu May 19, 2022 6:55 pmPunctuation within quotation marks is, unfortunately, proper in many style guides.
I'm aware. But many acknowledge also exceptions for URLs and links.

And, to be fair, Rondeau's hyperlink didn't include the period.
Image ImageImage
Reality Check

Post by Reality Check »

Rondeau is a little late to the party. Isn't Truthsocial pretty much in the toilet?
northland10
Verified: ✅ I'm me.

Post by northland10 »

MLA and Chicago use parenthesis around a handle when citing a tweet such as if I cited a tweet by StormyTheCat (@StormyTheCat9).

Most folks who leave a handle in their bio don't bother with any punctuation. If folks used punctuation, I would prefer it to be parenthesis than quotation marks. It would be similar to saying I can be reached by phone (1-616-555-1212) though the only time when I used punctuation on a phone number was because it was an 800 number with words and I used the actual numbers in parenthesis.
101010 :towel:
raison de arizona

Created 5/18, two posts three hours ago, both links to their articles with no additional commentary. I have high hopes though.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
raison de arizona

realist wrote: Thu May 19, 2022 6:37 pm

I don't have the link right now, but I read this morning or last night that Trump is blaming Google for TruthSocial's failure. :roll:
Gotta be someone's else's fault, right?
I'm sure he'll eventually add Facebook and Twitter the Tik Tok, et al. to the list of culprits hell bent on stopping TruthSocial from being successful.
Trump reportedly blames Google for Truth Social failure: ‘Is Google trying to f–k me?’

Donald Trump has reportedly been telling associates that Google has been sabotaging his new social media platform by not making it available on Android devices.

“Is Google trying to f–k me?” the former president has been asking friends and advisers in the weeks since the rollout of Truth Social. His remarks were reported by Rolling Stone.
:snippity:
The app has been available solely on Apple devices. As of Thursday, Truth Social cannot be downloaded by anyone using Android, which controls nearly 70% of the global operating system market and 42% of the domestic market.

“He keeps hearing about how Google and YouTube have it out for him … including on Truth Social, and I think he’s taking [it] seriously,” a source was quoted as telling Rolling Stone.
Despite Trump’s suspicions, Truth Social is inaccessible to Android users because it has yet to file the required paperwork seeking approval for its listing on the Play Store, Rolling Stone reported, citing “an individual familiar with the matter and two Trumpworld sources with knowledge of the situation.”
:snippity:
:lol:
neonzx
Verified: 🤩✅✅✅✅✅🤩

Post by neonzx »

Android user here... I feel so left out. Who do I sue?

Return to “Current Politics”