Spring forward.
To delete this message, click the X at top right.

Roe vs. Wade, American abortion rights

Trying to make sense of a crazy world, with limited success mostly
neonzx
Verified: 🤩✅✅✅✅✅🤩

Re: Roe vs. Wade, American abortion rights

Post by neonzx »

Jim

Post by Jim »

Pretty much says out loud what conservatives think of women...less than a person and only good for producing babies.
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

ps. what's in the stars re Obamacare?
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

Oh fuck, no. :cantlook:
Pup Dennis in training to be a guide dog & given to a deserving vet. Thx! ImageImageImage x4
June bug

Post by June bug »

That’s been on my mind too, with the same response as you, Slim.
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
neonzx
Verified: 🤩✅✅✅✅✅🤩

Post by neonzx »

As Ohio restricts abortions, 10-year-old girl travels to Indiana for procedure
Shari Rudavsky and Rachel Fradette
Indianapolis Star

https://www.cincinnati.com/story/news/2 ... 788415001/

RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 »

Inside the Extreme Effort to Punish Women for Abortion

Elizabeth Dias
Sat, July 2, 2022 at 2:58 PM·

Hours after the Supreme Court overturned Roe v. Wade last week, a man with a wiry, squared-off beard and a metal cross around his neck celebrated with his team at a Brazilian steakhouse. He pulled out his phone to livestream to his followers.

“We have delivered a huge blow to the enemy and to this industry,” the man, Jeff Durbin, said. But, he explained, “our work has just really begun.”

“Even the states that have trigger laws,” which ban abortion at conception without exceptions for rape or incest, did not go far enough, Durbin, a pastor in the greater Phoenix area, said. “They do not believe that the woman should ever be punished.”

Resistance to “the question of whether or not people who murder their children in the wombs are guilty,” he said, “is going to have to be something we have to overcome, because women are still going to be killing their children in the womb.”

Even as those in the anti-abortion movement celebrate their nation-changing Supreme Court victory, there are divisions over where to go next. The most extreme, like Durbin, want to pursue what they call “abortion abolition,” a move to criminalize abortion from conception as homicide and hold women who have the procedure responsible — a position that in some states could make those women eligible for the death penalty. That position is at odds with the anti-abortion mainstream, which opposes criminalizing women and focuses on prosecuting providers.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/inside-extre ... 59973.html
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

Some days I'm rooting for the Yellowstone super volcano. This is one of them.
Pup Dennis in training to be a guide dog & given to a deserving vet. Thx! ImageImageImage x4
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

Slim Cognito wrote: Sun Jul 03, 2022 8:08 am Some days I'm rooting for the Yellowstone super volcano. This is one of them.
Ha! I've been thinking that for years, but wildlife and other biological beings deserve better.
Uninformed

Post by Uninformed »

“10-year-old rape victim forced to travel from Ohio to Indiana for abortion”:
https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/202 ... ape-victim

:mad2:
If you can't lie to yourself, who can you lie to?
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 »

I think the 1st A will disagree, especially when they think they can commandeer websites to follow their assumed will. Ask Nunes about the owner of the cow accounts.
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

Women are going to have to start buying burner phones.
Ben-Prime
Verified: ✅MamaSaysI'mBonaFide

Post by Ben-Prime »

Slim Cognito wrote: Sun Jul 03, 2022 3:49 pm Women are going to have to start buying burner phones.
That doesn't help in and of itself. Be safe about it. Burner phones that spend too much time in proximity to your regular phone when both are on can still be used to identify you by location data.
But the sunshine aye shall light the sky,
As round and round we run;
And the truth shall ever come uppermost,
And justice shall be done.

- Charles Mackay, "Eternal Justice"
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

Ben-Prime wrote: Sun Jul 03, 2022 4:34 pm
Slim Cognito wrote: Sun Jul 03, 2022 3:49 pm Women are going to have to start buying burner phones.
That doesn't help in and of itself. Be safe about it. Burner phones that spend too much time in proximity to your regular phone when both are on can still be used to identify you by location data.
Good to know. So I need to keep the burner off until needed, leave my regular phone at home, and head how far away?
Dave from down under

Post by Dave from down under »

Keep your burner off, SIM out, in its original packaging.

Use it once with fresh disposable gloves then dismantle and dump. Drop the gloves kilometres away.

Depending on population density - use it in a very public place that doesn’t have CCTV.

“your mission if you choose to accept it”
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

Dave from down under wrote: Sun Jul 03, 2022 6:13 pm Keep your burner off, SIM out, in its original packaging.

Use it once with fresh disposable gloves then dismantle and dump. Drop the gloves kilometres away.

Depending on population density - use it in a very public place that doesn’t have CCTV.

“your mission if you choose to accept it”
Could I use it in my car in a very public parking lot? I seriously want to know these things. I'm beyond child bearing age myself but whatever I can do to help a sister in need, I'm in.
Dave from down under

Post by Dave from down under »

So long as your car doesn’t have Bluetooth
Ben-Prime

Post by Ben-Prime »

Dave from down under wrote: Sun Jul 03, 2022 10:13 pm So long as your car doesn’t have Bluetooth
Or you turn Bluetooth off on the phone before getting close to the car.

Mr brolin
Verified: ✅ as vaguely humanoid

Post by Mr brolin »

Lot of nonsense here.....

Right, we are talking about state government level access to data and stuff, not Homeland Security, NSA or other three letter Federal agency.

In the real, not Hollywood version of realty, once a phone is off, it's off, no need to remove a SIM card, no need to remove a battery etc.

The SIM card is kind of irrelevant as each individual phone ever manufactured has a unique IMEI number burnt in. Even if you swap a SIM card the IMEI stays the same and COULD (with access to a telecoms carriers data) track an individual phone irrespective of the SIM card. This is a non trivial exercise and most carriers push back aggressively on any requests such as this outside of a Homeland Security data subpoena.

SIM card access is however something a LEO department can use or have access to relatively trivially so use the phone as little as practical and in differing locations. Use the phone line and phone to initiate connectivity them move, where possible to internet messaging.

A US state level actor will be reluctant to start jumping through legal hoops like this for RvW issues so I would expect that instead they will buy people tracking and activity services from any one of the (mostly US based) data brokerage firms, effectively unregulated, low on morals and high on "don't give a feck about your online privacy"

First, buy a VPN subscription from a non US based company such as Proton VPN, with a no logs policy that has been checked, all your internet connectivity needs to go through the VPN.

So, create several brand new, untouched by human hand, email accounts with Microsoft and Gmail....going through the VPN connection not directly. Oh and make the names are anodyne and boring and likely to seem to be real peoples not some multi character random string of letters and numbers

Once set up and running, set up MS Teams, Zoom and Skype accounts for each of the new accounts....again using the VPN for all network connectivity.

Don't use them for anything else such as general browsing, shopping, checking on news etc....Just don't, the idea is to leave as minimal a trackable footprint as possible.

Buy more than one "burner" phone but don't buy half a dozen from the same vendor, spread the purchase, pay cash etc.

Pay for a phone with WifI and Bluetooth (keep the Bluetooth off) and a data plan, you need to use the actual phone as little as possible and have most communications via secure connections through the Internet.

Use one phone number for inbound communications and have all inbound calls forward to a second phone. This will usually be in Phone Settings, Call Forwarding or you can set the number up in the voicemail setting. Again, the telecoms provider CAN dig this content out but see IMEI above

After the first call, where possible use messaging or internet voice apps not the phone line

Use free Wifi services as much as possible, mall, Starbucks etc, remember ALWAYS use the VPN

If you want to get this more end to end secured you will need to get a burner to the person in distress so they can communicate. Prepopulate it with an always on VPN application messaging apps, a clean email account and have them tell you where to drop the phone for them to pick up at a later time. Do not do a face to face hand off if at all possible.

These are the basics. If you want to set up a longer term and more expansive set up you will need to set up your own environment in a RvW friendly state such as your own VPN server, SIP phone system, own hosted messaging platform etc.
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: as seen on qvc zombie apocalypse

Post by Foggy »

I'm lost. What's the goal here?

Are we going to become a criminal organization, after all these years of fighting for what's right? :batting:

I mean, our fanboi Walter Francis Fitzfundfilcher III has concerns about the direction of the forum. :bored:
Out from under. :thumbsup:
Ben-Prime

Post by Ben-Prime »

Foggy wrote: Mon Jul 04, 2022 8:20 am I'm lost. What's the goal here?

Are we going to become a criminal organization, after all these years of fighting for what's right? :batting:

I mean, our fanboi Walter Francis Fitzfundfilcher III has concerns about the direction of the forum. :bored:
As I understood the crux of the conversation, there's a concern that with certain anti-choice vigilantes running around, that commercialized data tracking will be used to hunt down and turn in for bounty those involved with abortion activism as they assist with actual, you know, abortion-related activities.

So the idea is to thwart said data gathering.

Of course, I've spent most of this weekend in a bit of a haze as noted on other posts, so I could entirely have misconstrued.

Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

You got it right.
sugar magnolia

Post by sugar magnolia »

Foggy wrote: Mon Jul 04, 2022 8:20 am Are we going to become a criminal organization,
If helping women becomes criminalized, then yes.

Return to “Current Politics”