Spring forward.
To delete this message, click the X at top right.

I wanna riot (because Roe)

neonzx
Verified: 🤩✅✅✅✅✅🤩

Re: I wanna riot (because Roe)

Post by neonzx »

She was so "concerned" that she called the cops?

Poor lady. But they keep voting for her.
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

neonzx wrote: Tue May 10, 2022 12:50 pm She was so "concerned" that she called the cops?

Poor lady. But they keep voting for her.
Interesting that she appears to be much more concerned about sidewalk chalk than she has ever been about protecting women's reproductive rights.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Atticus Finch

Post by Atticus Finch »

I bet you the sidewalk chalk learned its lesson. :fingerwag:
You don't need religion to have morals. If you can't determine right from wrong then you lack empathy, not religion.
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

Atticus Finch wrote: Tue May 10, 2022 1:04 pm I bet you the sidewalk chalk learned its lesson. :fingerwag:
No it didn't.

Susan Collins being concerned is like tits on a boar.

In accordance with my longstanding policy of reaction, every time I see or hear her name mentioned, I bring you the following public service announcement

PHUCK
YOU
SUSAN
COLLINS
!!!!!
Supreme Commander, Imperial Illuminati Air Force
:dog:

You don't have to consent, but I'm gonna tase you anyway.
raison de arizona

They asked the wrong dude. I lived near Schumar in Brooklyn, and he isn't just whistling Dixie. Not a week went past that I didn't get an invitation to a protest something at his house. :shrug:
CSPAN @cspan wrote: Q: "Are you comfortable with the protests that we saw outside the homes of Supreme Court justices over the weekend?"

@SenSchumer: "If protests are peaceful; yes. My house, there's protests 3-4 times a week outside my house."
I heard this as encouraging PEACEFUL, not as encouraging PROTESTS. Both either way.
Greg Price @greg_price11 wrote: Psaki: “We certainly continue to encourage [protests] outside of judges’ homes”
I heard, “We certainly continue to encourage that [they remain peaceful] outside of judges’ homes”.
► Show Spoiler
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

Are you saying someone took her remarks and bent them a little???

Supreme Commander, Imperial Illuminati Air Force
:dog:

You don't have to consent, but I'm gonna tase you anyway.
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

https://www.inquirer.com/politics/penns ... 20510.html
WASHINGTON — Sen. Bob Casey will vote to support a bill to ensure access to abortion nationwide, he announced Tuesday, taking a significant step in favor of abortion rights despite long describing himself as a “pro-life” Democrat. Casey, whose namesake father was part of a landmark Supreme Court case on abortion restrictions, announced his stand Tuesday ahead of a Senate vote, expected as soon as Wednesday, that would attempt to write into law the Supreme Court’s 1973 Roe v. Wade decision legalizing abortion and blocking many bans.

While the vote is certain to fail in the face of opposition from Republicans and likely from West Virginia Democrat Joe Manchin, it represents Democrats’ first formal pushback against a forthcoming Supreme Court decision that appears poised to overturn the pivotal abortion ruling. Casey, in a statement, said he has never voted for and would not support “a categorical ban on abortion” that could result from the expected ruling. Casey’s statement is a notable marker of where he stands on the issue, given his complicated past on abortion votes. Earlier this year, he voted to advance debate on the same bill, the Women’s Health Protection Act, but had not said if he supported the underlying proposal. He clarified that Tuesday.

The upcoming vote comes at a fraught moment, a week after a leaked draft of a Supreme Court opinion signaled that conservative justices could soon wipe out the decision protecting abortion, leading to restrictions and possibly outright bans in many states. Casey cited that likelihood in explaining his vote. “This week, I will again vote yes to advance debate on the Women’s Health Protection Act and I will support the bill if there is a vote on final passage in the future,” he said in a statement. “In the nearly three months since the Senate last voted on the Women’s Health Protection Act, the circumstances around the entire debate on abortion have changed,” he added.
I'm very pleased with this statement. I vote for every six years for him with some trepidation, as he has not been pro-choice.
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
Patagoniagirl

Post by Patagoniagirl »

I am sick. And fucking tired. And at 63 years old, while I am not old enough to procreate, I know someone whose daughter was 13 and got pregnant. I was grateful for her that abortion was an option. In my late 20's, I became pregnant. It wasn't planned, but whhooopsie. At five and a half months, my water broke. The baby was not viable. There was no heartbeat. She wasn't able to be revived. I was kindly offered an abortion to complete the process. The option I would face now would be a D n C and a criminal inquiry. Fucking cruel. My other option in the same circumstances would be what?! Sepsis? Death? It was hard enough to make choice and decisions under the circumstances. But hey...let's just throw some antiquated, religious bs at it.
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

raison de arizona wrote: Tue May 10, 2022 5:44 pm They asked the wrong dude. I lived near Schumar in Brooklyn, and he isn't just whistling Dixie. Not a week went past that I didn't get an invitation to a protest something at his house. :shrug:
► Show Spoiler
CSPAN @cspan wrote: Q: "Are you comfortable with the protests that we saw outside the homes of Supreme Court justices over the weekend?"
@SenSchumer: "If protests are peaceful; yes. My house, there's protests 3-4 times a week outside my house."
They cut off the best part. His phone went off, and he said (paraphrasing): "Excuse me, it's my wife. Maybe there's a protest at my house."
raison de arizona

Bunch of RWNJs announce months in advance that they are going to assault the Capitol? Come on in! Women protesting their right to healthcare? Bring out the jackboots. Fuckers. Our priorities are wack.
raison de arizona

raison de arizona

Oh it's on. My local Twitters are blowing up. I suspect the same for the rest of the country.
AZ Right Wing Watch @az_rww wrote: It’s still morning in Arizona and there’s already concrete barriers put in place to block off 17 Ave. in front of the Phoenix Capitol. The Wesley Bolin Plaza parking lot is also blocked off.
raison de arizona

Thomas packed up his RV and is long gone. Bet on it.
Luke Mosiman @Luke_Mosiman wrote: BREAKING— Abortion activists are handing out the PERSONAL ADDRESS of Justice Clarence Thomas’ home to threaten the Supreme Court Justice
raison de arizona

raison de arizona

National punch a fascist day has come early this year.
raison de arizona

Patagonia is providing full abortion care to employees, including travel and lodging expenses where necessary. Also, notably, they will be putting up the money to bail out any employee, full or part-time, that is arrested in a peaceful abortion rights protest.
raison de arizona

The Tennessee Holler @TheTNHoller wrote: The rally organizers say they cut the power to legislative plaza when they heard this march was coming, so the plan is to march to a different square.

#BansOffOurBodies
raison de arizona

Matthew Miller @mattmiller757 wrote: .@AOC charges into crowd of pro-life and pro-abortion protesters to deliver a apeech
raison de arizona

Protesters run over in Iowa.

neonzx
Verified: 🤩✅✅✅✅✅🤩

Post by neonzx »

What pro-choice advocate uses the term "pro-abortion" ?? :?

I'm not feeling this Lyz woman.
raison de arizona

neonzx wrote: Fri Jun 24, 2022 8:36 pm What pro-choice advocate uses the term "pro-abortion" ?? :?

I'm not feeling this Lyz woman.
I dunno. But she refers to the other side as "anti-abortion" and a quick perusal of her writings indicates strong support for the pro-choice (which she refers to as pro-abortion) movement. :shrug:
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

raison de arizona wrote: Fri Jun 24, 2022 3:53 pm National punch a fascist day has come early this year.
Interesting there’s no punch or contact in that video, like nothing actually happened.
raison de arizona

Andy Ngo is a known liar, of course.

Things have gotten a bit tense at the AZ Capitol. There are still lawmakers there working into the night.

raison de arizona

AZ House and Senate are both in session holding votes. The protesters have reportedly been mostly driven back by tear gas.

Meanwhile, things continue to get tense in LA. I saw a lot of prep work going on there this morning, fences going up, etc.
raison de arizona

Some video from a lawmaker inside the AZ Capitol.

I’m pretty sure the “entered the building” part is bullshit, but Karen Fann sure did call things to a close quick and high tail it out of there.

Earlier today…

It’s safe to say that not everyone is happy with having their reproductive rights taken away by the AZ Congress Critters.

They fired tear gas from the AZ Capitol windows.

Return to “Whatever Doesn't Fit Elsewhere”