Spring forward.
To delete this message, click the X at top right.

US v Meadows, Eastman, the OSG et al.

When will these coup leaders be indicted?

First half of 2022
No votes
Second half of 2022
18%
First half of 2023
No votes
Second half of 2023
4%
4%
They'll be indicted but the ensuing right-wing backlash will break the system and there won't ever be a trial
25%
Never
50%

Total votes: 28

p0rtia

Post by p0rtia »

:bored: :bored: :bored: :bored:

Let's also post related news and thoughts about what the hell is going on here.
Frater I*I
Verified: ✅Verified Devilish Hyena

Re: US v Meadows, Eastman, the OSG et al.

Post by Frater I*I »

I voted never, we're heading to a second civil war...
"He sewed his eyes shut because he is afraid to see, He tries to tell me what I put inside of me
He's got the answers to ease my curiosity, He dreamed a god up and called it Christianity"

Trent Reznor
Phoenix520
Verified:

Post by Phoenix520 »

The timing has to be right. Too far from the midterms and people will forget how appalled they were before the Big Red Bullshit Machine flooded the zone with propaganda. Too close to the midterms the hearings will be painted as another hoax.
Fiascoist

Post by Fiascoist »

I think a split, some will, the lower ones like Eastman, cuz he wasn't a Rep. or Senator to keep the hoi poloi on the left from rioting, but not any of the big ones, or more notable ones, Hawley, MTG, or TFG to keep the right from rioting. Maybe even one of the boys, never Ivanka, because that would upset daddy. So, going with second half of 2022 for the lesser lights.
p0rtia

Post by p0rtia »

Frater I*I wrote: Sat Apr 30, 2022 11:15 pm I voted never, we're heading to a second civil war...
I voted right-wing backlash will break us--with the same result you predict.
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: as seen on qvc zombie apocalypse

Post by Foggy »

Fiascoist wrote: Sun May 01, 2022 2:53 am I think a split, some will, the lower ones like Eastman, cuz he wasn't a Rep. or Senator to keep the hoi poloi on the left from rioting, but not any of the big ones, or more notable ones, Hawley, MTG, or TFG to keep the right from rioting. Maybe even one of the boys, never Ivanka, because that would upset daddy. So, going with second half of 2022 for the lesser lights.
Succinct, trenchant, and IMHO, correct. I'ma give it a like.

:like:
Out from under. :thumbsup:
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

Supreme Court denies Eastman petition, with rare recusal from Thomas

BY REBECCA BEITSCH
10/02/23 10:17 AM ET

The Supreme Court on Monday denied an effort by lawyer John Eastman to appeal a ruling that found he may have acted criminally with the legal advice he gave former President Trump. It spurred a rare recusal from Justice Clarence Thomas, whose wife corresponded with the California attorney in the weeks ahead of Jan. 6.

A federal judge in California found Eastman as well as Trump “more likely than not” engaged in criminal conduct in hatching a plan for the former president to stay in power after losing the 2020 election, including in a memo that urged then-Vice President Mike Pence to buck his ceremonial duties to certify the election results Jan. 6, 2021.

Thomas’s recusal comes after reporting that his wife, Ginni Thomas, emailed Eastman — as well as Trump chief of staff and Arizona lawmakers wrestling with pressure from the Trump campaign — to look for ways to reverse the election.

The episode resulted in Ginni Thomas being called to speak with the House committee investigating the attack, and also triggered a renewed look at Thomas’s failure to recuse himself from other matters relating to Jan. 6. The justice’s actions have further come under the microscope following reporting he accepted a series of lavish gifts from a Republican megadonor.

The order says that Thomas “took no part in the consideration” of Eastman’s petition.

The decision is the end of the road for Eastman, who has been fighting a ruling ordering him to release his communications surrounding Jan. 6 to the now-dissolved committee investigating the attack.

https://thehill.com/regulation/court-ba ... om-thomas/
RVInit

Post by RVInit »

I voted 2024 but IMO that entirely depends on Biden winning the election. If a Republican wins there will be pardons all around. I say that because if a Republican wins it will not be Christy or any of the other democracy supporting Republicans, it will be Trump who wins. If not Trump it will be Desantis or one of the other nut jobs.

In the even Biden wins, the indictment will likely come sometime after that. I don't believe any Congress critter will be indicted, maybe Meadows and some other political figures that are not elected.
There's a lot of things that need to change. One specifically? Police brutality.
--Colin Kaepernick

Return to “The January 6 Insurrection, including Criminal Cases”