Spring forward.
To delete this message, click the X at top right.

Beto TX Gov?

raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Re: Beto TX Gov?

Post by raison de arizona »

C'mon Beto!
Patrick Svitek @PatrickSvitek wrote: News: @BetoORourke raised $27.6M from late February through June https://texastribune.org/2022/07/15/tex ... ng-record/ #TXGOV
texastribune.org wrote: With $27.6 million haul, Beto O’Rourke may have set a new fundraising…
Incumbent Gov. Greg Abbott entered this year with a much larger war chest and may still have the financial upper hand against his challenger.
At least for now, this is the most a candidate for state office has ever raised during a reporting period in Texas.

Reports for Feb. 20-June 30 are due today, and Abbott hasn't released any numbers yet.

https://texastribune.org/2022/07/15/tex ... ng-record/ #TXGOV
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
raison de arizona

So TX doesn't have an electrical grid that functions for winter or summer at this point, does that make it a two-season state?

I give it one star.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Kriselda Gray
Verified:

Post by Kriselda Gray »

raison de arizona wrote: Sun Jul 17, 2022 12:36 pm
So TX doesn't have an electrical grid that functions for winter or summer at this point, does that make it a two-season state?

I give it one star.
A lone star, I presume?
much ado

Post by much ado »

:rimshot:
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

https://www.dallasnews.com/news/electio ... o-orourke/
AUSTIN – Democratic mega donor George Soros and an Austin-area couple each gave $1 million to Beto O’Rourke’s campaign to unseat Gov. Greg Abbott.

While Texans gave $14.5 million to the Democrat’s campaign, nearly half of O’Rourke’s record-breaking $27.6 million fundraising haul came from out-of-state donors.

The details come from an O’Rourke campaign finance report so huge it took several days to upload to the Texas Ethics Commission website.

O’Rourke is one of the few Democrats this election cycle to benefit from the state’s wide-open campaign finance rules that put no limit on contributions. He received several six- and seven-figure checks that are usually collected only by the state’s top Republican leaders, such as Abbott.
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
Uninformed

Post by Uninformed »

“The details come from an O’Rourke campaign finance report so huge it took several days to upload to the Texas Ethics Commission website.”

Either a) they need to update their computers or b) they need to learn to type faster. :shrug:
If you can't lie to yourself, who can you lie to?
raison de arizona

Uninformed wrote: Wed Jul 20, 2022 1:06 am “The details come from an O’Rourke campaign finance report so huge it took several days to upload to the Texas Ethics Commission website.”

Either a) they need to update their computers or b) they need to learn to type faster. :shrug:
Well, it is TexasLand, the strangely proud one-star state. The TEC is probably still one of the handful on AOL dialup, 28.8kpbs. Maybe they’ll get that big 56kbps in time for the general. Also, the TEC may be located in Austin, home to the frequent rolling blackout.

Welcome to TexasLand!
Off Topic
Speaking of Texas, the one-star state, check out what I just learned. Apparently oil companies have nothing to do with the price of gasoline. Those record profits we keep hearing about quarter after quarter? Nope! Nothing to do with the price of gasoline.
Richard Escobedo @RichardEscobedo wrote: .@DallasFed: “Since only 1 percent of service stations in the U.S. are owned by companies that also produce oil, U.S. oil producers are in no position to control retail gasoline prices.”
tek

Post by tek »

“Since only 1 percent of service stations in the U.S. are owned by companies that also produce oil, U.S. oil producers are in no position to control retail gasoline prices.”
Let me introduce you to Mr. Supplier Price

Srsly, this guy would fail Econ 101.
Chilidog

Post by Chilidog »

the Goopers are trying to frame this as the Mom and Pop service stations being harassed by Biden.

That’s BS. there are no mom and pop stations anymore.

Wally’s service station on the outskirts of Mayberry is now a vacant lot, no one wants to buy it because it’s contaminated with all the used oil, Goober dumped out the back door.
raison de arizona

tek wrote: Wed Jul 20, 2022 10:03 am
“Since only 1 percent of service stations in the U.S. are owned by companies that also produce oil, U.S. oil producers are in no position to control retail gasoline prices.”

To be clear, this is noteworthy because “this guy” is the Federal Reserve Bank of Dallas.
Chilidog

Post by Chilidog »

raison de arizona wrote: Wed Jul 20, 2022 10:30 am
tek wrote: Wed Jul 20, 2022 10:03 am

To be clear, this is noteworthy because “this guy” is the Federal Reserve Bank of Dallas.
yet he operates on the delusion that wholesalers offer the same prices to all their customers.
Chilidog

Post by Chilidog »

sugar magnolia

Post by sugar magnolia »

Chilidog wrote: Wed Jul 20, 2022 10:17 am the Goopers are trying to frame this as the Mom and Pop service stations being harassed by Biden.

That’s BS. there are no mom and pop stations anymore.

Wally’s service station on the outskirts of Mayberry is now a vacant lot, no one wants to buy it because it’s contaminated with all the used oil, Goober dumped out the back door.
We have a mom and pop station around the corner from us. Mac's Gas is currently $3.79. Bedi's up on the interstate is $3.89. All the 'name' stations are $3.99 or higher.
Danraft

Post by Danraft »

There’s mom and pop operations here, too. The local Marathon is.
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

Just because a gas station sells a particular brand of gasoline usually doesn't mean that the gasoline producer owns the station. Most are franchises. Most of their profit comes from the sale of snacks and drinks.

The gasoline attracts customers for the overpriced snacks and drinks.
“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
tek

Post by tek »

story is a week old, but

$4 gas in Amherst: Ren’s Mobil switches to Gulf to offer lower prices after closing pumps in protest

https://www.masslive.com/news/2022/07/4 ... otest.html
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

That would be great news of Democrats were allowed to vote.
Pup Dennis in training to be a guide dog & given to a deserving vet. Thx! ImageImageImage x4
Frater I*I
Verified: ✅Verified Devilish Hyena

Post by Frater I*I »

Slim Cognito wrote: Sun Jul 24, 2022 11:30 am That would be great news of Democrats were allowed to vote.
Everyone be allowed to vote!?!?!?

What do you think this is, some sort of democratic republic...?? :confuzzled:
"He sewed his eyes shut because he is afraid to see, He tries to tell me what I put inside of me
He's got the answers to ease my curiosity, He dreamed a god up and called it Christianity"

Trent Reznor
raison de arizona

Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

Greatgrey
Verified: 💲8️⃣

Post by Greatgrey »

Beto destroyed this Abbot supporter with a Jewish Space Laser.

What's the Frequency, Kenneth?
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

Did you notice the older veteran in the cap by the camera who jumped to his feet to applaud Beto? More of that.
raison de arizona

That sorry motherfucker just scored Beto another donation from me. What a piece of shit.
Danraft

Post by Danraft »

BREAKING: Texas Trumper Governor Greg Abbott’s re-election chances plummet as a new poll finds that a whopping 49% of Texas voters disapprove of his job as Governor, and a staggering 75% want stricter gun control laws. RT IF YOU WANT BETO O’ROURKE TO DEFEAT ABBOTT IN NOVEMBER!
Couldn’t find the polling in the thread…

Return to “Elections 2022”