Spring forward.
To delete this message, click the X at top right.

Slim Cognito

Tell us about yourself. But only things you want us to know.
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: as seen on qvc zombie apocalypse

Slim Cognito

Post by Foggy »

OMG, Slim.

I have no words. I have hope, and worry, and a hundred other things, but no words.

:(

Love. I send you and D hugs, and love. :bighug:

Even if he's not ready for the hugs. :|
Some things are simply too fast, or too relentless to avoid. Like the North Carolina rain.

Or the future.
AndyinPA
Verified:

Slim Cognito

Post by AndyinPA »

I'm so sorry. Hoping and wishing for the best. :bighug:
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
Volkonski
Verified:

Slim Cognito

Post by Volkonski »

:bighug: :bighug: :bighug: :bighug: :bighug: :bighug: :bighug: :bighug: :bighug: :bighug:
“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
Lani

Slim Cognito

Post by Lani »

:bighug: :pray:
Image You can't wait until life isn't hard anymore before you decide to be happy.
Annrc
Verified:

Slim Cognito

Post by Annrc »

Thinking of you and hubby. Oh my. Take care. :bighug:
Kendra

Slim Cognito

Post by Kendra »

:grouphug:

Take care, and we all hope for the best. :pray:
Phoenix520
Verified:

Slim Cognito

Post by Phoenix520 »

:bighug:
Things certainly are happening. What a lot to deal with, dear. Is there anything you need that we could help with? I know your caretakers ( :wave: )are helping, but…this is a lot.

Thinking of you both. 💙💙
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Slim Cognito

Post by Slim Cognito »

Thank you for the thought, (thank you everyone for your thoughts) but I don't know of anything anyone can do at this point. Portia and my other beloved friend are helping with the pups. I truly would have had to surrender them without their help and I'm eternally grateful. Portia even came out on Tuesday to sit on my front porch because that was the day Moffitt was shipping his chemo refill and someone had to sign for it, but D already had labs and dressing changes scheduled for Tuesday afternoon and he HAS to have that PICC line dressing changed every Tuesday or it could become infected. Bless her heart, she sat for probably two hours, then, 10 minutes after we got back and she took off, here came the UPS truck, lol.

I got to the hospital about lunch time and sat with him for a couple of hours, until he dozed off. Then I told him I was going home with plans to crash for the rest of the day, but the mop, the dishes, the bathrooms were waiting for me, not to mention laundry. Sheets, pillows, throws for the couch... I'm finally done for the day. Im going to catch up on the House Circus of the Morons and call it a night.
Pup Dennis in training to be a guide dog & given to a deserving vet. Thx! ImageImageImage x4
Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

Slim Cognito

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

:bighug: :bighug: :bighug: :bighug: :bighug:
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
RVInit

Slim Cognito

Post by RVInit »

There's a lot of things that need to change. One specifically? Police brutality.
--Colin Kaepernick
Patagoniagirl

Slim Cognito

Post by Patagoniagirl »

Ditto, my dear. ❤️
bill_g
Verified: ✅ Checked Republic ✓ ᵛᵉʳᶦᶠᶦᵉᵈ

Slim Cognito

Post by bill_g »

I know exactly what you are going through Slim. Best wishes for you both. ((((big hugs))))
Kriselda Gray
Verified:

Slim Cognito

Post by Kriselda Gray »

Damn, Slim! I'm sorry things are so rough and wish you both all the best!

June bug

Slim Cognito

Post by June bug »

:bighug: :bighug: and love to you and Hubs, Slim!
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Slim Cognito

Post by Slim Cognito »

Latest update: D came home Tuesday but early Thursday morning he woke me because he was shivering. His forehead was burning up and his heart rate was sky high so, once again, I called an ambulance in the middle of the night who rushed him back to the hospital. At least this time, in the middle of the night, it wasn't packed and he was put in an ER holding room right away and moved up to a floor that afternoon. (But by the time I left the ER, about 8 a.m., the hallways were starting to fill back up. (It's bad out there people, be careful!!)

Originally they thought he'd picked up an infection and sent him home on powerful antibiotics but now they think the real culprit was a pulmonary embolus, a blood clot in the lung. He had to go off his heart meds, including his blood thinners, when his leukemia labs were bad but luckily, he's had a good response to chemo and his platelet count is now normal so he could go back on blood thinners (I shudder to think what would have happened had they not). They put him on the Mother of All Anticoagulants, Heparin, and hopefully the clot will start to dissolve soon. They were happy to have caught it "early." Seems to me "early" would have been, you know, Before They Sent Him Home 36 Hours Previously, but what do I know.

[/rant]

But he looked good today, much better than yesterday and they were letting him eat. He was miserable yesterday, but he's never lost his appetite and they wouldn't let him eat bc they didn't yet know what tests were required. But he finally got dinner late last night and breakfast today so his mood is better. Still wants to GTH outta there, but better.
Pup Dennis in training to be a guide dog & given to a deserving vet. Thx! ImageImageImage x4
Kriselda Gray
Verified:

Slim Cognito

Post by Kriselda Gray »

I'll bet he wants to get out of there! I don't blame him at all. I'm glad, though, that he was able to get back on those blood thinners when he needed them and that he's responding well to chemo!

How are YOU holding up? Are you getting everything you need? :bighug: :bighug: :bighug:
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Slim Cognito

Post by Slim Cognito »

Well, I'm getting by. Thanks for asking. I have good friends/neighbors who are helping out with dogs and yard chores but I still have that sick feeling in the pit of my gut that just won't go away.
Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

Slim Cognito

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
jemcanada2

Slim Cognito

Post by jemcanada2 »

:bighug: :bighug:
AndyinPA
Verified:

Slim Cognito

Post by AndyinPA »

Hope he's home soon. Take care of yourself, too. I know; easier said than done. :bighug:
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: as seen on qvc zombie apocalypse

Slim Cognito

Post by Foggy »

Slim Cognito wrote:But he looked good today ...
That's good. Finally a little bit of good news. I'm so sorry the two of you have to go through this. :bighug:
Well, I'm getting by ... but I still have that sick feeling in the pit of my gut that just won't go away.
OMG, Slim. :(

Today I am sending a metric boatload of hugs and healing energy to D, and a totally separate different load of hugs and healing energy directly to the pit of your gut.

Won't help much, but it's all I can do. :towel: :oldman:
Some things are simply too fast, or too relentless to avoid. Like the North Carolina rain.

Or the future.
June bug

Slim Cognito

Post by June bug »

What Foggy said. :bighug: :bighug:
bill_g
Verified: ✅ Checked Republic ✓ ᵛᵉʳᶦᶠᶦᵉᵈ

Slim Cognito

Post by bill_g »

Morning Slim. I'll spot you a couple hugs, some snickerdoodles, and a chair cushion. Don't forget to get your steps in with some loops through the hallways.
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Slim Cognito

Post by Slim Cognito »

That's a good idea. Will do.
RVInit

Slim Cognito

Post by RVInit »

You are handling it so well, Slim, but I'm sure you probably have days when you don't think so. I wish I could offer more than just words to help. Sending love and hugs. :bighug: :bighug: :bighug:
There's a lot of things that need to change. One specifically? Police brutality.
--Colin Kaepernick

Return to “Introduce Yourself”