Spring forward.
To delete this message, click the X at top right.

Slim Cognito

Tell us about yourself. But only things you want us to know.
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Re: Slim Cognito

Post by RTH10260 »

Slim Cognito wrote: Wed Mar 30, 2022 10:11 am Do we not have a Facebook thread? If not, don't start one. Just dropping this here.

It's been two years since trump suggested ingesting/injecting bleach to cure covid. A meme showing a bottle of Clorox tablets made the rounds which I posted on FB at the time, when I used to post rather liberally (yuk, yuk).
I got a message from Facebook last night that I'm suspended for a month, well from Live! and advertising, because somebody might see that two year old post and drink bleach.

I was given the option to accept or object. Knowing it would make no difference, I objected. It's the principle. The response was that they were short-handed bc of covid so tough shit.

I quit posting frequently a few months ago so I don't give a carp, but I'm guessing calls for "Joe and the H*'s" removal is still peachy keen.
No wonder FB thinks something is fishy :biggrin:
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

We hit the Kansas City Comicon yesterday. I dressed as Notorious RBG. My avatar pretty much covers the costume. I did wear black fishnet gloves and some big red vintage-ish earrings. I told my daughter, Bre, I’d be happy if just one person recognized me. And most did not. Now I’ve been to multiple Comicons and I dressed for each one, and people have always complemented my outfit and asked for photos. But this time, of the five or so people who did come up to me, they not only wanted to take my picture, they wanted to tell me about the big impact she had on their lives and thank me for reminding them …And that included two men.
Pup Dennis in training to be a guide dog & given to a deserving vet. Thx! ImageImageImage x4
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

Nice!
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

Life has kept me busy the past few weeks but I've been meaning to share a story about my wackjob neighbors (excepting one who, since her husband passed, has come out as anti-trump, but not exactly pro-Democrat). We are, or more specifically I am, known as the neighborhood left-wing Antifa BLM terrorist sympathizer.

I recently turned 65 and started collecting social security. I've been generously told that I look younger than my actual age. I sure feel my actual age, if not 10 years older.

I've always worked from home* which led a lot of neighbors who don't know me well to assume I was an unemployed housewife, which is mostly true since the hearing loss and OA deep-sixed my transcription career.

As several of us stood around in the street talking about buying stuff, I mentioned that when I get paid next week I too was going to buy stuff. People looked at me and one asked who do you work for? My response? "George Soros, of course."

I think a couple of them believed it.

*since I've lived in Florida - edited for clarity.
Pup Dennis in training to be a guide dog & given to a deserving vet. Thx! ImageImageImage x4
MsDaisy
Verified:

Post by MsDaisy »

Slim Cognito wrote: Thu Jul 21, 2022 9:48 am :snippity:
As several of us stood around in the street talking about buying stuff, I mentioned that when I get paid next week I too was going to buy stuff. People looked at me and one asked who do you work for? My response? "George Soros, of course."

I think a couple of them believed it.
:lol: :thumbsup:
Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

Brava! We should receive our checks too! After all, Soros just donated $1 million to Beto! :lol:
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Slim Cognito

Post by Slim Cognito »

Just got back from the (cancer) center where Hubs had his bone marrow biopsy. If anyone wants to send good vibes, prayers, or any magikal spells his way, all thoughts are welcome.

Now, the two week wait for results.
p0rtia

Slim Cognito

Post by p0rtia »

Sending Good Thoughts Ship in Bottle.jpg
Sending Good Thoughts Ship in Bottle.jpg (237.06 KiB) Viewed 811 times
AndyinPA
Verified:

Slim Cognito

Post by AndyinPA »

:bighug: :bighug:
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
Kriselda Gray
Verified:

Slim Cognito

Post by Kriselda Gray »

Slim Cognito wrote: Fri Oct 28, 2022 10:33 am Just got back from the (cancer) center where Hubs had his bone marrow biopsy. If anyone wants to send good vibes, prayers, or any magikal spells his way, all thoughts are welcome.

Now, the two week wait for results.
Sent, and best wishes!
bill_g
Verified: ✅ Checked Republic ✓ ᵛᵉʳᶦᶠᶦᵉᵈ

Slim Cognito

Post by bill_g »

Good vibes abounding across the universe towards him.
Annrc
Verified:

Slim Cognito

Post by Annrc »

:bighug:
Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

Slim Cognito

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: as seen on qvc zombie apocalypse

Slim Cognito

Post by Foggy »

I do good vibes, best wishes, long-distance magical spells, and a suggestion - a card from his tools saying they love him and miss him and will be there for him when he gets back.

I know how my tools feel, but they have real trouble shopping at Hallmark when I'm ill. :?
Out from under. :thumbsup:
Kendra

Slim Cognito

Post by Kendra »

June bug

Slim Cognito

Post by June bug »

Phoenix520
Verified:

Slim Cognito

Post by Phoenix520 »

Hubs Cognito:

Whooshwhoosh whoosha!

(Magical incantation involving kitties and tools)

Light and magic on their way, Slim.
Uninformed

Slim Cognito

Post by Uninformed »

If you can't lie to yourself, who can you lie to?
RVInit

Slim Cognito

Post by RVInit »

:bighug: Sending big positive thoughts your way and hoping for good news.
There's a lot of things that need to change. One specifically? Police brutality.
--Colin Kaepernick
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Slim Cognito

Post by Slim Cognito »

We were called back to Hem/Onc a couple of days early, which I knew was bad. Hell, I knew it was going to be bad since July, but when I saw his latest labs and his white count skyrocketing, I knew it was going to be really bad so I wasn't surprised. Sick, but not surprised.

Acute myeloid leukemia.

He's getting another transfusion tomorrow, then Tuesday we leave at the crack of dawn to head up to Tampa (2-1/2 hours) to the Moffit Cancer Center* for majorly aggressive chemo to kill off the bad blasts. The plan is for him to be admitted for about a month, then they have to find a match to replace the bad cells with good cells and, hopefully, he'll be ok.

He's really going to hate losing his hair. He's worn it long since high school.

Fuck, fuck, fuck, fuck, fuck, fuck, fuck, fuck!

*His doc said he could be treated here locally but Moffit is apparently the place to go if you have leukemia, so that's where we're going. I'll try to make the trip up 2-3 x a week, hopefully they'll let me sleep in his room. My neighbor will help me with the dogs. I've still got an insurance company and hurricane damage to deal with. Send any spare positive energy this way.

I'm scheduled for a long weekend trip to KC to see family for early Christmas in early December. Not sure if I'll still go but then I got to thinking, if he's going to be in the hospital, what better place for him to be cared for while I'm gone because once he's home, we won't be going anywhere for a long, long time. He says I should go, but he would say that. What do you guys think?
Kendra

Slim Cognito

Post by Kendra »

Take care :grouphug:
jemcanada2

Slim Cognito

Post by jemcanada2 »

All the positive energy I can send coming your way. Cancer sucks! :mad2: :fuckyou:

:bighug: :bighug:
Patagoniagirl

Slim Cognito

Post by Patagoniagirl »

Oh man. I will say that Moffitt is and exxxccellent! cancer care facility to choose for your Army to give him a good chance. I'm sorry. And I luvs ya both.
p0rtia

Slim Cognito

Post by p0rtia »

Go. Definitely. :heart:
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: as seen on qvc zombie apocalypse

Slim Cognito

Post by Foggy »

I make no recommendation regarding the trip to KC, but I am sending 8,792 energy positrons every 15 milliseconds, whew! This is gonna be a battle, but it's a battle that must be fought tooth and nail. And you have supporters.

Hang in there, babydoll. :bighug:

Now, that took almost 4.7 minutes, converted into milliseconds and multiplied by 8,792 ... carry the 3 ... least favorite denomination ...

:shrug:
Out from under. :thumbsup:

Return to “Introduce Yourself”