Slim Cognito

Tell us about yourself. But only things you want us to know.
RVInit

Slim Cognito

Post by RVInit »

:bighug: :groupdance: :mbounce:
There's a lot of things that need to change. One specifically? Police brutality.
--Colin Kaepernick
AndyinPA
Verified:

Slim Cognito

Post by AndyinPA »

I'm so glad to hear that! :lovestruck: :thumbsup:
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Slim Cognito

Post by Slim Cognito »

Hi all. First of all, D is still doing great. So great we're about to go hit a food truck. We have them all over, it's one of the few things that makes this place almost livable since it turned into Trumpistan.

I read this morning that my Ft Myers suburb had passed legislation that prohibits food trucks, or more precisely, food trailers to remain overnight. It went into effect today. Nor can they have tables or canopies for people to eat while there. Very few of our food "trucks" are actually trucks, they are mostly trailers often with another trailer with supplies. Since probably 95% of the cuisine is ethnic, (not just Mexican, we have Peruvian, Central American, and Greek, but mostly Hispanic), I'm sure it's a direct dig at the immigrant community, and, as Desi Lydic would say, the city council just cut off its own dick. They may think they're hurting the immigrants, (ok, they are hurting the immigrants) but they're pissing off consumers, taking income away from the business owners that rent the trucks space and the city itself because of the sales tax and business licenses.

I don't know what the majority of them intend to do, probably move across the city boundaries into North Ft Myers or Ft Myers proper, but we're heading out to hopefully find one of our favorites and if we have to eat in the car, so be it.

And this happened just as Portia taught me how to say Here or to go in Spanish. I guess that's moot now.
My Crested Yorkie, Gilda and her amazing hair.

ImageImageImage x4
AndyinPA
Verified:

Slim Cognito

Post by AndyinPA »

Typical short-sighted republican bs.

Enjoy!
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Slim Cognito

Post by Slim Cognito »

Update: tacos have been acquired from our favorite place, although they had taken away the tables and canopies. As we drove along, several other food trailers were shuttered, but hopefully they’ll be able to make the necessary adjustments to continue making their delish food.

ImageImageImage x4
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Slim Cognito

Post by Slim Cognito »

Well, it finally happened. A covidiot decided to taunt D and me at Target for wearing face masks.

First, D is doing pretty good. His numbers are very low so we have to be very careful, which means masks if we leave the house. Hell, it means masks if I leave the house.

Anyhoo, shopping at Target, some idiot spotted us masked, minding our own business as we shopped for graham crackers. He threw himself against the opposite row of food yelling, "Watch out!!! Covid is here!!! Be careful, everybody!!!"

After stewing for a few seconds, I decided I was going to confront him so I left D behind and went after the guy and his wife (she never said a word, BTW). When I reached him, I told him that man has cancer and how dare he make fun of him for wearing a mask. The guy completely ignored what I'd said and demanded to know, "Why are you following me?"

me: Because you made fun of a cancer patient for wearing a mask.

CI: If he has cancer, he needs air, not a mask.

me: He has leukemia! Do you know what leukemia is? (A crowd is starting to gather.)

CI: (He hung his head) Yes.

me: It's literally cancer of the immune system.

CI: What do you want me to do?

me: I want you to apologize to the cancer patient.

About this time, D caught up, looked the CI in the eye and said "I don't have covid, motherfucker, I have cancer." (I've told you about D's hairy eyeball, and it's even more pronounced when his eyes are all you can see.)

CI: I'm sorry.

me: The next time you think about making fun of someone wearing a mask, you'd better think about what could be the reason, before making an ass out of yourself like you did here.

CI: Walks off, or drug off by the wife, who never did say anything or even look up at me.

Crowd has gathered, but I didn't notice anyone filming (drat!) A sales associate was there, well several were by that time, and I told the young man, "That idiot was making fun of a cancer patient for wearing a mask."

SA: I'm sorry.

me: It's not your fault, but thank you.

I really, really, really hate stupid, selfish people.

ImageImageImage x4
Kendra

Slim Cognito

Post by Kendra »

:boxing:
p0rtia

Slim Cognito

Post by p0rtia »

That's my warrior, and her brave hubs!
Screenshot 2023-05-13 at 4.03.50 PM.png
Screenshot 2023-05-13 at 4.03.50 PM.png (215.33 KiB) Viewed 542 times
Phoenix520
Verified:

Slim Cognito

Post by Phoenix520 »

:kickface: :notworthy1: :grouphug:

Slim, does Himcognito know what a treasure you are? Your teamwork is impeccable!

I dream of a confrontation like that, but I would have made a screaming mess of it, not a teachable moment.

You’re the best. :bighug:
Maybenaut
Verified: ✅✅

Slim Cognito

Post by Maybenaut »

:boxing: :thumbsup: :lovestruck:
"Hey! We left this England place because it was bogus, and if we don't get some cool rules ourselves, pronto, we'll just be bogus too!" -- Thomas Jefferson
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Slim Cognito

Post by Slim Cognito »

Phoenix520 wrote: Sat May 13, 2023 4:19 pm :kickface: :notworthy1: :grouphug:

Slim, does Himcognito know what a treasure you are? Your teamwork is impeccable!

I keep telling him. :biggrin:

ImageImageImage x4
Patagoniagirl

Slim Cognito

Post by Patagoniagirl »

Phoenix520 wrote: Sat May 13, 2023 4:19 pm :kickface: :notworthy1: :grouphug:

I dream of a confrontation like that, but I would have made a screaming mess of it, not a teachable moment.

You’re the best. :bighug:
Slimsister, I am afraid I could not be so composed. These days I feel like going for a trachea-crushing punch in his throat. And you, Phoenix x520,.have bestowed upon D one of the best monikers ever for a FBowser spouse! Himcognito is brilliant!
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Slim Cognito

Post by Slim Cognito »

Indeed.

Change approved!

ImageImageImage x4
Lani

Slim Cognito

Post by Lani »

Slim, you are an amazing woman.
Image You can't wait until life isn't hard anymore before you decide to be happy.
Annrc
Verified:

Slim Cognito

Post by Annrc »

Love, love love this. I wis I was as brave as you.
Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

Slim Cognito

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

WHAT A WARRIOR!!! WAY TO GO, SLIM!!!!!! :biggrin: :bunny:
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
June bug

Slim Cognito

Post by June bug »

:thumbsup: Bravo, Slim and Him! :thumbsup:
AndyinPA
Verified:

Slim Cognito

Post by AndyinPA »

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Volkonski
Verified:

Slim Cognito

Post by Volkonski »

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :bighug:
“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: as seen on qvc zombie apocalypse

Slim Cognito

Post by Foggy »

Good to see, Slim (but I expected nothing less as the story unrolled). :thumbsup:
The more I learn about this planet, the more improbable it all seems. :confuzzled:
bill_g
Verified: ✅ Checked Republic ✓ ᵛᵉʳᶦᶠᶦᵉᵈ

Slim Cognito

Post by bill_g »

Rah rah ree
Kick em in the knee
Rah rah rass
Kick em in the other knee
Kriselda Gray
Verified:

Slim Cognito

Post by Kriselda Gray »

Slim, I name you an official Shieldmaiden! :thor: :thor: :thor:
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Slim Cognito

Post by Slim Cognito »

Kriselda Gray wrote: Sun May 14, 2023 9:32 am Slim, I name you an official Shieldmaiden! :thor: :thor: :thor:
I thank you for the honor.

Everyone: Thank you for your support. It was unnerving. Him told me, after we got home, that he saw an associate calling for security on her walkie but it was over before anyone got back to Electronics, which is where I caught up to covidiot. It was over in less than 30 seconds and we went back to our shopping which took another 10 minutes or so. I'm guessing if Security wanted to talk to us, they'd have found us since I was the loud one, well, until Him caught up. But I did point out to another associate that CI was mocking a masked* cancer patient so hopefully that was enough to keep me from being banned from Target.

*We were the only two masked people in the entire store and neither one of us is what one would describe as "Yeah, you blend," even without the masks.

ImageImageImage x4
neonzx
Verified: 🤩✅✅✅✅✅🤩

Slim Cognito

Post by neonzx »

Way to go, Slim! This Florida, so I guess we signed up for this abuse. Shocked that couple didn't make a quick exit out of the store in shame and maybe headed to a safe-space, like a Hooters. The fucking asshole Trumpers. They were in a Target, ya know a "woke" corporation.
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Slim Cognito

Post by Slim Cognito »

neonzx wrote: Sun May 14, 2023 10:02 am Way to go, Slim! This Florida, so I guess we signed up for this abuse. Shocked that couple didn't make a quick exit out of the store in shame and maybe headed to a safe-space, like a Hooters. The fucking asshole Trumpers. They were in a Target, ya know a "woke" corporation.
I was surprised it took this long. Him was diagnosed last October and we've been back to masking ever since, especially when his WBC drops dangerously after chemo. I've spotted people looking at me sideways. I flash the hairy eyeball and they've gone on their way but this guy came out of nowhere, wildly pantomiming* gesticulating he was in a dangerous situation.

But when you reach my age and had my life experiences, your fucks have left the building .

*I know that's not the correct term as he was also fake whining loudly about scary covid people, but it will do for now. I welcome corrections from people with better vocabularies than mine.

ImageImageImage x4

Return to “Introduce Yourself”