Spring forward.
To delete this message, click the X at top right.

Matt Gaetz - Matthew Louis Gaetz II R-FL1 Bday May 7, 1982 Taurus / Dog & His Helper, Nestor Galban

These people suck. They are bad people.
SuzieC
Verified:

Matt Gaetz - Matthew Louis Gaetz II R-FL1 Bday May 7, 1982 Taurus / Dog & His Helper, Nestor Galban

Post by SuzieC »

I will say one thing for Matt Gaetz: he eviscerated and filleted Kevin McCarthy. His letter to the Architect of the House is hilarious. Yes, why is Kevin occupying the Speaker's suite? If anything, Rep. Jeffries should have the right to camp out there for tonight at least.
bob

Post by bob »

SuzieC wrote: Tue Jan 03, 2023 10:56 pm I will say one thing for Matt Gaetz: he eviscerated and filleted Kevin McCarthy. His letter to the Architect of the House is hilarious. Yes, why is Kevin occupying the Speaker's suite? If anything, Rep. Jeffries should have the right to camp out there for tonight at least.
Ehhh; the letter is just theaterics, further showing they aren't interested in governing.

Gaetz is getting roasted on Twitter for it. People have noticed, for example, Gaetz lists his committee assignments, but no assignments have been made. And, after today, Gaetz may find himself without an assignment for this session.

And Gaetz's letter gives away the game: If the Architect bothers to respond, the answer likely will be that, as the majority party's leader, McCarthy also is the Speaker-designate.
Image ImageImage
p0rtia

Post by p0rtia »

:yeahthat:

True! But it makes them both and the entire GOP look like a buncha jackasses in a moment of buffoonery that is both hilarious and easy to remember, which is so soothing.
sugar magnolia

Post by sugar magnolia »

They all aspire to that level of petty. Many try, many fail.
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: as seen on qvc zombie apocalypse

Post by Foggy »

Out from under. :thumbsup:
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

p0rtia wrote: Wed Jan 04, 2023 6:23 am :yeahthat:

True! But it makes them both and the entire GOP look like a buncha jackasses in a moment of buffoonery that is both hilarious and easy to remember, which is so soothing.
We need to remember that Gaetz, EmptyGee, Bobo and the rest of the KKKlown Kaucus don't think of themselves first as Congresspeople. They're reality TV stars and the Congress gig is just a side gig that fits the plotline of their show.
Supreme Commander, Imperial Illuminati Air Force
:dog:

You don't have to consent, but I'm gonna tase you anyway.
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

Gregg wrote: Wed Jan 04, 2023 1:12 pm
p0rtia wrote: Wed Jan 04, 2023 6:23 am :yeahthat:

We need to remember that Gaetz, EmptyGee, Bobo and the rest of the KKKlown Kaucus don't think of themselves first as Congresspeople. They're reality TV stars and the Congress gig is just a side gig that fits the plotline of their show.
Yep.
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
humblescribe
Verified:

Post by humblescribe »

How can Gaetz declare himself as a Member of Congress when he has not yet been sworn in? He is merely a member-elect.
"Some cause happiness wherever they go; others whenever they go." O. Wilde
northland10
Verified: ✅ I'm me.

Post by northland10 »

humblescribe wrote: Wed Jan 04, 2023 7:25 pm How can Gaetz declare himself as a Member of Congress when he has not yet been sworn in? He is merely a member-elect.
We could say that about all, I suppose (Gaetz is not a newbie to Congress though). However, nothing in the Constitution says you have to be sworn in. Even though a President takes an oath or affirms, he is President at 12pm on January 20, or when the prior President dies, or when the prior President transmits that the VP will take over at a certain time (disability clause) whether or not the Oath has been administered.

If all in Congress were member-elect before being sworn in, how would they elect a new speaker? There would be no member to elect one.

They may cover some of this in the rules, as each house makes its own rules, and is the judge of the elections of their members.

US Code has this which is more detailed:
At the first session of Congress after every general election of Representatives, the oath of office shall be administered by any Member of the House of Representatives to the Speaker; and by the Speaker to all the Members and Delegates present, and to the Clerk, previous to entering on any other business; and to the Members and Delegates who afterward appear, previous to their taking their seats.
So, in some ways, I suppose they cannot do any other business, but it appears they are not doing any other business anyway.
101010 :towel:
Resume18

Post by Resume18 »

Well, he said he'd try this . . .
https://thehill.com/homenews/house/3800 ... th-ballot/
Rep. Matt Gaetz (R-Fla.) voted for former President Trump for Speaker of the House on Thursday, as the chamber held its seventh vote in three days in an attempt to elect a Speaker.
Like as the waves make towards the pebbled shore,
So do our minutes hasten to their end . . .
p0rtia

Post by p0rtia »

And I want a recording of the limp applause muddled with boos from the House when his (TFG's) one vote was announced by the Clerk.

God, that felt good. Go check it out if you didn't catch it live. It'll be everywhere.
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics ... 0d5b42d350
AFox News anchor pressed Rep. Matt Gaetz (R-FL) on his months-long crusade to keep Kevin McCarthy from becoming Speaker of the House, and his late Friday capitulation which ultimately handed McCarthy the job.
Video at the link.
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

Matt Gaetz Introduces Abolish the ATF Act In Response To 'Stabilizing Braces' Ruling
'The People At The ATF Making These Rules Fundamentally Don't Understand Firearms'

On Tuesday, Florida representative Matt Gaetz introduced a bill seeking the elimination of the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms, and Explosives (ATF)

Last Friday, the ATF ruled the agency would require federal licensing under the National Firearms Act for guns with stabilizing accessories like short-barreled rifles following a contentious ruling seeking stricter regulations on pistol stabilizing braces.

United States Attorney General Merrick Garland said the court’s ruling “enhances public safety,” though Gaetz rebutted by saying it unfairly punishes disabled gun owners and veterans who rely on stabilizing braces to operate firearms with one hand. On Tuesday, the Florida representative introduced the Abolish the ATF Act in response to the ruling.
:snippity:
Matt Gaetz @mattgaetz wrote: We are putting the ATF in our crosshairs
The continued existence of the ATF is increasingly unwarranted based on the actions they’re taking to convert otherwise law-abiding people into felons,” he continued. “My bill would abolish the ATF. If that doesn’t work, we’re going to try defunding the ATF. If that doesn’t work, we’re going to target the individual bureaucrats at the top of the ATF who have exceeded their authority in rulemaking. And if that doesn’t work, we’re going to take a meat cleaver to the statutes that the ATF believes broadly authorize their actions.”
:snippity:
https://timcast.com/news/matt-gaetz-int ... es-ruling/
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

And this bill, like all the others in this House, is going where? Nowhere. What a waste of time at a time when so much needs done. :mad:
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
New Turtle

Post by New Turtle »

AndyinPA wrote: Thu Jan 19, 2023 2:32 pm And this bill, like all the others in this House, is going where? Nowhere. What a waste of time at a time when so much needs done. :mad:
Main difference from 2016 is they will now be able to get these bills out of committee for a floor vote. I suspect this will cause more harm to the GOP than good because a number of GOP reps can't vote for the crazy and be able to get reelected. And it will look bad for them voting against the new party line, so they're gonna get mad at the nuthouse caucus for putting these bills out.
bob

Post by bob »

AndyinPA wrote: Thu Jan 19, 2023 2:32 pm And this bill, like all the others in this House, is going where? Nowhere. What a waste of time at a time when so much needs done.
The Republicans are targeting vulnerable Democratic Senators standing for re-election in 2024. They believe they are "forcing" the senators to make unpopular votes. In other words, the usual election kabuki.

But yeah: "Manchin refused to support your Second Amendment rights!" may be a good soundbite, yet a Manchin just has to say, "that bill never was before me."

So it is a waste. But wasting the Democratically controlled Senate's time also is a good thing (for Republicans): less time for them to confirm judges.

New Turtle wrote: Thu Jan 19, 2023 2:51 pm Main difference from 2016 is they will now be able to get these bills out of committee for a floor vote. I suspect this will cause more harm to the GOP than good because a number of GOP reps can't vote for the crazy and be able to get reelected. And it will look bad for them voting against the new party line, so they're gonna get mad at the nuthouse caucus for putting these bills out.
Image ImageImage
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

Source in Matt Gaetz' office says office is in "upheaval," they expect the FBI to raid the office "any day now," and have photos of Gaetz making out with young men.

Gaetz has prev. been in open relationships with men.

Still need photo expert to authenticate photos.

ADDITIONALLY:

Gaetz recently hired a known child predator and non citizen to handle IRS cases for his congressional office to keep his visa current.

The man, Larry Hetu, admitted in court he stalked, photographed a 12 year old boy for Matt Gaetz in September/October 2022.
Supreme Commander, Imperial Illuminati Air Force
:dog:

You don't have to consent, but I'm gonna tase you anyway.
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

The judge dismissed the restraining order because the parent of the minor child was a political figure and thus stalking the child could be considered "legitimate purpose" if framed in a political context. Judge also lambasted Gaetz, Hetu for their behavior & making "propaganda"
So, you can stalk a child and take photos if the Childs parent is a political figure...

That's fucked up. No wonder Gaetz did it.
Hic sunt dracones
p0rtia

Post by p0rtia »

Rebekah Jones comes with a warning label.

I've followed her since early COVID when her name got in the paper.

I'm still waiting for any _one_ of her claims to be supported by a second source.
Patagoniagirl

Post by Patagoniagirl »

AndyinPA wrote: Thu Jan 19, 2023 2:32 pm And this bill, like all the others in this House, is going where? Nowhere. What a waste of time at a time when so much needs done. :mad:
Yes. Terrible. But even if a bill doesn't pass... they're showing us who they are.
northland10
Verified: ✅ I'm me.

Post by northland10 »

p0rtia wrote: Tue Jan 24, 2023 9:36 pm Rebekah Jones comes with a warning label.

I've followed her since early COVID when her name got in the paper.

I'm still waiting for any _one_ of her claims to be supported by a second source.
I was thinking.. believe it when something comes of it. Thanks for the confirmation.

Edited to add. I found this one of those commercial court info sites. I don't know the whole story but I suspect she has a history with the person which would cause me to wonder if her tweets were more a revenge ting.
JONES, REBEKAH VS HETU, LAURENT
Case Summary
On 10/12/2022 JONES, REBEKAH filed a Family - Other Family lawsuit against HETU, LAURENT. This case was filed in Santa Rosa County Courts, Santa Rosa County Courthouse located in Santa Rosa, Florida. The Judges overseeing this case are DICKEY, DARLENE FALLON and CLIFTON DRAKE. The case status is Disposed - Other Disposed.
101010 :towel:
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

Those tweets have the tone of that guy I quickly unfollowed because he'd make extravagant claims of things that were definitely going to happen that never did. Can't recall the name but we've discussed him.
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

pipistrelle wrote: Tue Jan 24, 2023 10:49 pm Those tweets have the tone of that guy I quickly unfollowed because he'd make extravagant claims of things that were definitely going to happen that never did. Can't recall the name but we've discussed him.
Seth Abramson?
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

raison de arizona wrote: Tue Jan 24, 2023 10:59 pm
pipistrelle wrote: Tue Jan 24, 2023 10:49 pm Those tweets have the tone of that guy I quickly unfollowed because he'd make extravagant claims of things that were definitely going to happen that never did. Can't recall the name but we've discussed him.
Seth Abramson?
That's the one. They remind me of him. Any day now.
Dr. Ken

Post by Dr. Ken »

Just saw that Rapey McForehead was trending again on twitter and felt an obligation to post this here
ImageImagePhilly Boondoggle

Return to “Worst of the Right-Wing Pieholes”