Matt Gaetz - Matthew Louis Gaetz II R-FL1 Bday May 7, 1982 Taurus / Dog & His Helper, Nestor Galban

These people suck. They are bad people.
fierceredpanda
Location: BAR Headquarters - Turn left at the portrait of George III
Occupation: Criminal defense attorney. I am not your lawyer. My posts != legal advice.

Re: Matthew "Matt" Louis Gaetz II R-FL1 "Soulless, Power-Hungry Ghoul" "Petulant Idiot" & His Helper, Nestor Galban

Post by fierceredpanda »

sugar magnolia wrote: Thu Apr 01, 2021 12:19 pm The only thing missing was letters cut out of the newspaper.
i F y O U w a N t T o s E E y O u R p u p P Y A G A I n , S E N D $1,000,000,000,000 t o T h E f O l L o W I n g A d D r e S s...
"There's no play here. There's no angle. There's no champagne room. I'm not a miracle worker, I'm a janitor. The math on this is simple. The smaller the mess, the easier it is for me to clean up." -Michael Clayton
noblepa

Re: Matthew "Matt" Louis Gaetz II R-FL1 "Soulless, Power-Hungry Ghoul" "Petulant Idiot" & His Helper, Nestor Galban

Post by noblepa »

filly wrote: Thu Apr 01, 2021 12:39 pm Don't get distracted by the shiny objects. The investigation of Gaetz was launched after the FBI got Greeberg's computers and other electronic devices. What they found made Barr so nervous he refused to be photographed with Gaetz. Does anyone think all of these resources would be poured into an investigation about one 17 year old girl, especially by the Barr DOJ?

I heard that Barr didn't even want to be SEEN with Gaetz. Barr cancelled his attendance at some conservative conference, after he found out that Gaetz was planning on being there.
bob

Post by bob »

fierceredpanda wrote: Thu Apr 01, 2021 1:03 pm
sugar magnolia wrote: Thu Apr 01, 2021 12:19 pm The only thing missing was letters cut out of the newspaper.
i F y O U w a N t T o s E E y O u R p u p P Y A G A I n , S E N D $1,000,000,000,000 t o T h E f O l L o W I n g A d D r e S s...
I thought the "TIME IS OF THE ESSENCE for this illegal contract" clause was a nice touch.
Image ImageImage
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

noblepa wrote: Thu Apr 01, 2021 1:13 pm
filly wrote: Thu Apr 01, 2021 12:39 pm Don't get distracted by the shiny objects. The investigation of Gaetz was launched after the FBI got Greeberg's computers and other electronic devices. What they found made Barr so nervous he refused to be photographed with Gaetz. Does anyone think all of these resources would be poured into an investigation about one 17 year old girl, especially by the Barr DOJ?

I heard that Barr didn't even want to be SEEN with Gaetz. Barr cancelled his attendance at some conservative conference, after he found out that Gaetz was planning on being there.
I can't find a link now, but I heard on the news that there was a meeting schedule with House Judiciary Committee, and Barr canceled when Gaetz RSVP-d. For someone like Barr who has been such a Trump suck up IMHO whatever is going on, it's got to be a big deal.
Uninformed

Post by Uninformed »

“Bill Barr avoided Matt Gaetz in public while the DOJ was conducting its sex-trafficking investigation, report says”:
https://www.businessinsider.com/bill-ba ... ion-2021-4

Several similar reports.
If you can't lie to yourself, who can you lie to?
Luke
Location: @orly_licious With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA

Post by Luke »

Fox has no interest in hiring Matt Gaetz
BY THOMAS MOORE - 04/01/21 09:12 AM EDT

Fox News has confirmed it has no plans to hire Rep. Matt Gaetz (R-Fla.) for a job at the network. “No one with any level of authority has had conversations with Matt Gaetz for any of our platforms, and we have no interest in hiring him,” the network said in a statement. The statement was issued after a report in The Daily Beast Wednesday that Gaetz was talking with people at Fox News, One America News Network and Newsmax about possible jobs. Axios first reported Tuesday that Gaetz was considering retiring from Congress and possibly working at Newsmax.

The Fox statement also comes on the heels of news that Gaetz is being investigated by the Department of Justice over an alleged sexual relationship with a 17-year-old girl. Gaetz has denied the charges, claiming they are part of a plot to extort money from him and damage him politically. He explained the scheme in detail Tuesday, in a bizarre interview with Fox News's Tucker Carlson on “Tucker Carlson Tonight.”

OAN could not be reached for comment, and a Newsmax spokesman told The Hill the company does not comment “on talent discussions or future programming plans.” However, according to The Daily Beast, sources said it’s unlikely Gaetz would get a Newsmax job. In addition, it reported, OAN’s founder and CEO, Robert Herring, doesn’t seem interested in the idea either.

“Right now, I’m not really hiring anybody for talk shows,” Herring said. “I think he is a great congressman, and I told [that ‘somebody’] to tell him to stay there. That’s what I want Congressman Gaetz to do.”
https://thehill.com/homenews/media/5459 ... matt-gaetz

When OAN doesn't want you... :lol:
Lt Root Beer of the Mighty 699th. Fogbow 💙s titular Mama June in Fogbow's Favourite Show™ Mama June: From Not To Hot! Fogbow's Theme Song™ Edith Massey's "I Got The Evidence!" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5jDHZd0JAg
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

I can't remember which lawyer "expert" said on, I think, Lawrence O'Donnell's show last night that what Barr did in not being seen with Gaetz would not be unusual for any Attorney General.
Off Topic
(I know, pretty fuzzy memory. Saw it at 1 AM as I was dropping off to sleep after three days with the grandkids.)
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

NEW: Feds investigation of Matt Gaetz includes whether campaign funds were used to pay for travel and expenses, Per
@evanperez
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

Matt Gaetz just keeps incriminating himself
Gaetz may be telling the truth. He may be lying. Either way, he’s in big trouble.

https://www.msnbc.com/opinion/matt-gaet ... f-n1262762
But that was just the beginning. Almost immediately after the story broke, Gaetz tried to publicly rebut the claim by denying the allegation while simultaneously offering varying versions of a convoluted conspiracy against him. In the process of defending himself, Gaetz appears to have exposed a pending FBI extortion investigation.

:snippity:

And either way, Gaetz has handed FBI agents and prosecutors plenty of questions to follow up on when they sit him down and ask him to explain his several contradictory statements. If he’s smart, and there’s little evidence that he is, he’ll invoke his right to remain silent — which he should have done before granting interviews to the press.

Instead, Gaetz generated even more self-inflicted wounds when he talked to the media. Part of his defense included his revelation that the FBI is actively working an extortion case against a former Department of Justice official.

If that’s true, that wasn’t Gaetz’s revelation to make. In fact, if Gaetz exposed a pending criminal case he may have endangered the safety of FBI informants, undercover agents, cooperating witnesses and even his father, who Gaetz says — and his father affirmed — has worn a wire in furtherance of the FBI inquiry.If the FBI was using court-authorized wiretaps, those techniques are likely compromised. That means Gaetz could now be facing additional charges of obstruction of justice.
“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
northland10
Verified: ✅ I'm me.

Post by northland10 »

AndyinPA wrote: Thu Apr 01, 2021 3:00 pm I can't remember which lawyer "expert" said on, I think, Lawrence O'Donnell's show last night that what Barr did in not being seen with Gaetz would not be unusual for any Attorney General.
Doing something other AGs would have done would be unusual for Barr.
101010 :towel:
filly

Post by filly »

AndyinPA wrote: Thu Apr 01, 2021 3:00 pm I can't remember which lawyer "expert" said on, I think, Lawrence O'Donnell's show last night that what Barr did in not being seen with Gaetz would not be unusual for any Attorney General.
Off Topic
(I know, pretty fuzzy memory. Saw it at 1 AM as I was dropping off to sleep after three days with the grandkids.)
And yet....it was (per the media) a "meet and greet" with Barr and the Republican Members of the House Judiciary Committee. So, he's there, he's meeting with them, but doesn't want to be seen. Hmmm.
Chilidog

Post by Chilidog »

I had a pretty good joke about Matt Gaetz sexual provlivities, but it's juvenile.
fierceredpanda
Occupation: Criminal defense attorney. I am not your lawyer. My posts != legal advice.

Post by fierceredpanda »

Chilidog wrote: Thu Apr 01, 2021 6:38 pm I had a pretty good joke about Matt Gaetz sexual provlivities, but it's juvenile.
With the deepest reluctance...

:rimshot:
"There's no play here. There's no angle. There's no champagne room. I'm not a miracle worker, I'm a janitor. The math on this is simple. The smaller the mess, the easier it is for me to clean up." -Michael Clayton
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

He certainly puts the N in CUT.
Hic sunt dracones
filly

Post by filly »

Suranis wrote: Thu Apr 01, 2021 6:55 pm He certainly puts the N in CUT.
That's a really gross "joke."

Meanwhile
Gaetz showed nude photos of women he said he'd slept with to lawmakers, sources tell CNN
By Jeremy Herb, Lauren Fox and Ryan Nobles, CNN
Updated 6:30 PM ET, Thu April 1, 2021

(CNN)Rep. Matt Gaetz, the Florida Republican being investigated by the Justice Department over sex trafficking allegations, made a name for himself when he arrived on Capitol Hill as a conservative firebrand on TV and staunch defender of then-President Donald Trump. Behind the scenes, Gaetz gained a reputation in Congress over his relationships with women and bragging about his sexual escapades to his colleagues, multiple sources told CNN.

Gaetz allegedly showed off to other lawmakers photos and videos of nude women he said he had slept with, the sources told CNN, including while on the House floor. The sources, including two people directly shown the material, said Gaetz displayed the images of women on his phone and talked about having sex with them. One of the videos showed a naked woman with a hula hoop, according to one source.
"It was a point of pride," one of the sources said of Gaetz.
There's no indication these pictures are connected to the DOJ investigation.
https://www.cnn.com/2021/04/01/politics ... index.html
fierceredpanda

Post by fierceredpanda »

I'm going to second what filly said, and leave it at that.
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Anyone recall the interview he gave Fox/Harris Faulkner after a Marjorie Taylor Greene presser? He said it was soooooooooo good he could use a smoke. :sick: :sick: :sick: :sick: :sick:
sad-cafe

Post by sad-cafe »

they have probably hooked up

trash with trash
Luke
Location: @orly_licious With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA

Post by Luke »

Republicans Have Been Waiting for a Matt Gaetz Scandal to Break
Thu, April 1, 2021, 4:57 AM
After Rep. Matt Gaetz accused a Florida lawyer of a $25 million extortion scheme to make sex trafficking allegations disappear, Republicans on and off Capitol Hill on Wednesday largely kept their mouths shut.

Gaetz—the Trump-loving, Fox News-grinning, 38-year-old Florida Republican—has a less-than-sterling reputation among his congressional colleagues. More than a half-dozen lawmakers have spoken to these reporters about his love of alcohol and illegal drugs, as well as his proclivity for younger women. It’s well-known among Republican lawmakers that Gaetz was dating a college student—one over the age of consent—in 2018. She came to Washington as an intern. In response to these allegations and a question about whether he had ever had a sexual relationship with a 17-year-old while in Congress, Gaetz told The Daily Beast late Wednesday night:

“The last time I had a sexual relationship with a 17-year-old, I was 17. As for the Hill, I know I have many enemies and few friends. My support generally lies outside of Washington, D.C., and I wouldn’t have it any other way.”

As for his few friends in Washington, The Daily Beast found that to be true. One former GOP staffer said Wednesday that their office had an informal rule to not allow their member to appear next to Gaetz during TV hits, fearful of the inevitable scandal that would come out one day. On Tuesday, it might finally have dropped. According to The New York Times, Gaetz is under investigation by the Justice Department for potentially having a sexual relationship with a 17-year-old girl. While Gaetz has denied the existence of a 17-year-old lover, he’s been less offended about the suggestion that he’s dated women much younger than him while in Congress. And he’s openly admitted that he’s paid for flights and hotels for women to visit him. “I’ve been, you know, generous as a partner,” Gaetz said Tuesday.

Now, Gaetz may be finding generosity in short supply among his colleagues. Only two House Republicans jumped to his defense on Wednesday: Judiciary Committee ranking Republican Jim Jordan (R-OH), who himself has been accused of turning a blind eye to sexual assault; and Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene (R-GA), who has repeatedly boosted the QAnon conspiracy theory accusing Democrats of abusing children. While Greene compared the Gaetz allegations to a “witch hunt” and the “conspiracy theories and lies like Trump/Russia collusion,” Jordan was more muted. “I believe Matt Gaetz,” he said in a statement to CNN. GOP aides noted to The Daily Beast that Jordan has been one of Gaetz’s closest allies in Congress—and the most he would offer was that tepid statement and his support for Gaetz staying on the Judiciary Committee.
It was not surprising to some observers that the wagons didn’t circle around Gaetz in the explosive 24 hours after the scandal, even as the congressman produced documents that lent some weight to his extortion claims. “I don’t think a lot of people are going to go out of their way to defend him, especially with this outlandish-sounding defense,” one GOP staffer said. “I don’t think you’ll find a lot of people who are desperate to keep him involved in Republican politics.” The cartoonishly scandalous perception of Gaetz is so commonplace that sometimes it’s visible, literally, in the halls of Congress. A Hill source sent The Daily Beast a photo of a trash bin outside Gaetz's office as lawmakers cleared out their offices at the end of a recent session. At the top of the heap was an empty Costco-size box of “Bareskin” Trojan condoms.
His desire to be on TV most days of the week has shown lawmakers what Matt Gaetz’s primary goal is in Congress: the promotion of Matt Gaetz. He rarely partners with colleagues on bills and has yet to see any legislation he authored become law. Constant rumors about his ambition to seek higher office in Florida—or even Alabama—underscored the perception he didn’t prioritize the job. Four years into his House career, Gaetz’s theatrics have put off Democrats and Republicans alike. His visit to Wyoming in February to host a rally condemning House GOP Conference Chair Liz Cheney (R-WY) for her vote to impeach Trump rubbed many the wrong way, even if they opposed Cheney’s vote. “Even the Republican Party doesn’t like him very much,” said a Republican operative familiar with the Florida congressional delegation.

Still, Gaetz does have allies—they’re just less interested in defending him at the moment than they are in attacking the media. Reached by phone on Wednesday, Mike Huckabee, the former Arkansas governor and GOP presidential candidate, said he thinks the New York Times is a “joke” and has no confidence in their reporting. Huckabee was an early backer of Gaetz’s—he hosted a fundraiser for the congressman in 2018 at his beach home not far from the congressman’s hometown—and is reportedly close with his family. “He said it didn’t happen,” Huckabee told The Daily Beast. “Until proven otherwise, I think he deserves the same consideration of the presumption of innocence and due process as anybody else.”

Back home in Gaetz’s deep red Florida district, the story is also landing with a skeptical audience. John Roberts, the chair of the Escambia County Republican Party, said he doubted any reporting from the Times and other mainstream media after the Trump era. “Republicans aren’t here saying, ‘Oh dear what’s happening,’” Roberts told The Daily Beast. “Everyone’s like, ‘Oh, another smear job.’” But even Roberts—who leads the GOP organization in the largest county in the district where Gaetz and his father, former state Sen. Don Gaetz, have been fixtures for decades—claimed he did not personally know the congressman, saying he has talked with him “a few times briefly.” “We’ve been very supportive of him politically. I’m just very skeptical of this whole thing,” Roberts said.
More: https://news.yahoo.com/republicans-wait ... &tsrc=twtr
Lt Root Beer of the Mighty 699th. Fogbow 💙s titular Mama June in Fogbow's Favourite Show™ Mama June: From Not To Hot! Fogbow's Theme Song™ Edith Massey's "I Got The Evidence!" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5jDHZd0JAg
Luke

Post by Luke »

This is nice too.
Matt Gaetz paid prostitutes using Cash App and Apple Pay -- and there are receipts: NYT bombshell
Bob Brigham

The New York Times on Thursday published a bombshell new report on Rep. Matt Gaetz (R-FL).

"A Justice Department investigation into Representative Matt Gaetz and an indicted Florida politician is focusing on their involvement with multiple women who were recruited online for sex and received cash payments, according to people close to the investigation and text messages and payment receipts reviewed by The New York Times," the newspaper reported. "Investigators believe Joel Greenberg, the former tax collector in Seminole County, Fla., who was indicted last year on a federal sex trafficking charge and other crimes, initially met the women through websites that connect people who go on dates in exchange for gifts, fine dining, travel and allowances, according to three people with knowledge of the encounters. Mr. Greenberg introduced the women to Mr. Gaetz, who also had sex with them, the people said."

Gaetz has denied paying for sex.

"The Justice Department inquiry is also examining whether Mr. Gaetz had sex with a 17-year-old girl and whether she received anything of material value, according to four people familiar with the investigation. The sex trafficking count against Mr. Greenberg involved the same girl, according to two people briefed on the investigation," The Times reported. "The authorities have also investigated whether other men connected to Mr. Gaetz and Mr. Greenberg had sex with the 17-year-old, two of the people said."

There are receipts.

"The Times has reviewed receipts from Cash App, a mobile payments app, and Apple Pay that show payments from Mr. Gaetz and Mr. Greenberg to one of the women, and a payment from Mr. Greenberg to a second woman. The women told their friends that the payments were for sex with the two men, according to two people familiar with the conversations," the newspaper reported. "Some of the men and women took ecstasy, an illegal hallucinogenic drug, before having sex, including Mr. Gaetz, two people familiar with the encounters said."

Gaetz reportedly sought to get more people involved in the prostitution scheme.

"In some cases, Mr. Gaetz asked women to help find others who might be interested in having sex with him and his friends, according to two people familiar with those conversations. Should anyone inquire about their relationships, one person said, Mr. Gaetz told the women to say that he had paid for hotel rooms and dinners as part of their dates," the newspaper reported. "The F.B.I. has questioned multiple women involved in the encounters, including as recently as January, to establish details of their relationships with Mr. Gaetz and his friends, according to text messages and two people familiar with the interviews."
https://www.rawstory.com/matt-gaetz-2651326023/
filly

Post by filly »

Joel Greenberg's devices had a lot of stuff on them!
sad-cafe

Post by sad-cafe »

with any luck, feletio teddy boy would get ensnared in this mess. That would just be toooooooo sweet.
Luke

Post by Luke »

Would be awesome if Felito was involved. But women wouldn't have sex with him even if Felito paid.

And this -- :lol:

SuzieC
Verified:

Post by SuzieC »

orlylicious wrote: Thu Apr 01, 2021 11:21 pm Would be awesome if Felito was involved. But women wouldn't have sex with him even if Felito paid.

And this -- :lol:

I don't know. Stormy had "sex" with Trump for 2 seconds for which he paid her $130,000.00. Possibly some women would close their eyes and think of England.
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

:popcorn:
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler

Return to “Worst of the Right-Wing Pieholes”