Matt Gaetz - Matthew Louis Gaetz II R-FL1 Bday May 7, 1982 Taurus / Dog & His Helper, Nestor Galban

These people suck. They are bad people.
Chilidog

Re: Matthew "Matt" Louis Gaetz II R-FL1 "Soulless, Power-Hungry Ghoul" "Petulant Idiot" & His Helper, Nestor Galban

Post by Chilidog »

I'm thinking that Matt paid for the airline tickets and the hotel room with a personal credit card.

I'm also thinking that there was no extortion attempt, but rather there was an attempt to get him to flip on someone else.

Either way, he's toast.
Chilidog

Re: Matthew "Matt" Louis Gaetz II R-FL1 "Soulless, Power-Hungry Ghoul" "Petulant Idiot" & His Helper, Nestor Galban

Post by Chilidog »

So wait...

His father wore a wire?

This story is all.over the place.
Dr. Ken

Post by Dr. Ken »

Chilidog wrote: Wed Mar 31, 2021 4:06 am I'm thinking that Matt paid for the airline tickets and the hotel room with a personal credit card.

I'm also thinking that there was no extortion attempt, but rather there was an attempt to get him to flip on someone else.

Either way, he's toast.
Couldn't happen to a nicer guy. The story is all over the place and Gaetz is in some pretty deep shit. I suppose any future interviews are going to be just as crazy
ImageImagePhilly Boondoggle
bill_g
Verified: ✅ Checked Republic ✓ ᵛᵉʳᶦᶠᶦᵉᵈ

Post by bill_g »

Oh boy. Tough choice!
fierceredpanda
Location: BAR Headquarters - Turn left at the portrait of George III
Occupation: Criminal defense attorney. I am not your lawyer. My posts != legal advice.

Post by fierceredpanda »

Tucker Carlson getting a subpoena from the Feds in 3, 2, 1...
"There's no play here. There's no angle. There's no champagne room. I'm not a miracle worker, I'm a janitor. The math on this is simple. The smaller the mess, the easier it is for me to clean up." -Michael Clayton
neonzx
Verified: 🤩✅✅✅✅✅🤩

Post by neonzx »

If you've lost Tucker and are a "conservative", it's pretty much game over. Buh-bye. Thanks for playing.
Uninformed

Post by Uninformed »

“There aren’t many members of Congress whose personal lives are the subject of broad speculation. But for a variety of reasons, Rep. Matt Gaetz’s (R-Fla.) has been for some time.
One is that he’s a young and handsome bachelor...”
https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics ... explained/

“handsome”? :nope:
If you can't lie to yourself, who can you lie to?
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

Uninformed wrote: Wed Mar 31, 2021 11:37 am “There aren’t many members of Congress whose personal lives are the subject of broad speculation. But for a variety of reasons, Rep. Matt Gaetz’s (R-Fla.) has been for some time.

Yeah, he’s on my list of people whose looks I do not envy. At. All.
filly

Post by filly »

Kendra wrote: Wed Mar 31, 2021 11:23 am
"If it comes out to be true" means Gaetz would've been convicted of violating a number of federal criminal laws. Very brave of Kevin McCarthy.

In the meantime, Gaetz continues to sit on the House Judiciary Committee which has oversight of the DOJ.
neeneko

Post by neeneko »

bill_g wrote: Wed Mar 31, 2021 10:47 am Oh boy. Tough choice!
Or at least it should be. Realistically it has always been about 'lesser' people having access to 'their' young women.
neonzx
Verified: 🤩✅✅✅✅✅🤩

Post by neonzx »

Uninformed wrote: Wed Mar 31, 2021 11:37 am “There aren’t many members of Congress whose personal lives are the subject of broad speculation. But for a variety of reasons, Rep. Matt Gaetz’s (R-Fla.) has been for some time.

:?

He looks like maybe Lurch's son from Addams Family.
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

Maybe it's time to vote to kick Gaetz off that committee like they did with MTG?
My Crested Yorkie, Gilda and her amazing hair.

ImageImageImage x4
p0rtia

Post by p0rtia »

Ehem....

William LeGate reposts his tweet from last June:
SuzieC
Verified:

Post by SuzieC »

Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

I wonder if McCarthy & Co are talking to him about resigning loooong before 2022 so as to not risk their chances of losing his seat.
My Crested Yorkie, Gilda and her amazing hair.

ImageImageImage x4
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

The DOJ does not take lightly opening a criminal investigation against a Member of Congress. Hard to believe root cause of problem would be a single former DOJ official making up allegations. There would be an entire team of federal agents & prosecutors investigating Matt Gaetz.
MsDaisy
Verified:

Post by MsDaisy »

neonzx wrote: Wed Mar 31, 2021 12:40 pm
:?
He looks like maybe Lurch's son from Addams Family.
Yep, I can see that... Nearly the same cockeyed smile...
Gaetz.png
Gaetz.png (63.55 KiB) Viewed 3348 times
Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

Maddow's take.

"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

There's always a Tweet. (Came from Jim Wrights facebook so not 100% sure its real but...)

gaetz2.jpg
gaetz2.jpg (15.34 KiB) Viewed 3270 times

And lets have some bit of internet speculation.

gaetz.jpg
gaetz.jpg (105.78 KiB) Viewed 3270 times
Hic sunt dracones
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

From the Politico article above.

:snippity:
Then-U.S. Attorney General William Barr was briefed on the Gaetz probe and did not take issue with it, a source familiar with the matter told POLITICO.

Barr and the Office of the Attorney General received multiple briefings on the Gaetz probe, beginning in the summer of 2020, a second person familiar with the probe said. They encouraged Florida prosecutors to move as quickly as they needed to and take whatever steps were appropriate. The briefings were consistent with Barr's memo requiring notification to department leadership on probes of candidates. The briefing was important because — among other reasons — Barr didn't want to accidentally appear anywhere with Gaetz, the person said. At one point, Barr was scheduled for a meet-and-greet with Republicans on the House Judiciary Committee. But DOJ canceled his appearance at the event when they saw that Gaetz, a member of that committee, had RSVP'd for it.
:snippity:
filly

Post by filly »

Ex-Seminole tax collector Joel Greenberg indicted again on wire fraud, bribery charges

By JEFF WEINER
ORLANDO SENTINEL |
MAR 31, 2021 AT 4:19 PM

Former Seminole County Tax Collector Joel Greenberg faces a slew of new federal charges after a fourth indictment was filed against him Tuesday — claiming he embezzled money from his public office and defrauded a COVID-19 relief program, among other allegations.

The new indictment charges that Greenberg carried out a scheme to defraud the Seminole County Tax Collector’s Office and Seminole County “of money and property” — using his position to “embezzle and divert” more than $400,000, including through purchases of digital currency.
https://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/cr ... story.html

The story is not behind a paywall. It's a good read. The guy is into every kind of financial crime. Nice friend Gaetz and Stone have.

Return to “Worst of the Right-Wing Pieholes”