Matt Gaetz - Matthew Louis Gaetz II R-FL1 Bday May 7, 1982 Taurus / Dog & His Helper, Nestor Galban

These people suck. They are bad people.
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Matt Gaetz - Matthew Louis Gaetz II R-FL1 Bday May 7, 1982 Taurus / Dog & His Helper, Nestor Galban

Post by raison de arizona »

Rep. Matt Gaetz @RepMattGaetz wrote: Democrats are trying to imprison their chief political opponent and have now apparently succeeded at removing him from the ballot. This is what dictators do.

I’m confident that the U.S. Supreme Court will not allow this egregious ruling to stand. The American people will decide their next president, not activist judges in Colorado.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Resume18

Post by Resume18 »

raison de arizona wrote: Tue Dec 19, 2023 7:41 pm
Rep. Matt Gaetz @RepMattGaetz wrote: The American people will decide their next president, not activist judges in Colorado.
The American people decided the last president and you didn't like it, so STFU you perv you.
Like as the waves make towards the pebbled shore,
So do our minutes hasten to their end . . .
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

Matt, if you hadn't made your worst political miscalculation, McCarthy would be sticking around. YOU initiated a vote that got McCarthy removed from the Speaker because you thought there was no way it would Pass.

So, if the Majority is down to one, that's your fault.
Hic sunt dracones
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

raison de arizona wrote: Tue Dec 19, 2023 7:41 pm https://twitter.com/RepMattGaetz/status ... 16787?s=20
Rep. Matt Gaetz @RepMattGaetz wrote: Democrats are trying to imprison their chief political opponent and have now apparently succeeded at removing him from the ballot. This is what dictators do.

I’m confident that the U.S. Supreme Court will not allow this egregious ruling to stand. The American people will decide their next president, not activist judges in Colorado.
Tweaking the truth as any good Republican does - it's only one state that will not have the former guy on it's presidential ballot. In a state where he is unlikely to win electors (without a alternate slate ;) )
RVInit

Post by RVInit »

RTH10260 wrote: Wed Dec 20, 2023 8:17 am
raison de arizona wrote: Tue Dec 19, 2023 7:41 pm https://twitter.com/RepMattGaetz/status ... 16787?s=20

Tweaking the truth as any good Republican does - it's only one state that will not have the former guy on it's presidential ballot. In a state where he is unlikely to win electors (without a alternate slate ;) )
And Democrats had nothing to do with this. It was brought on behalf of a group of Republican and unaffiliated voters.
There's a lot of things that need to change. One specifically? Police brutality.
--Colin Kaepernick
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics ... 1431&ei=29
The reopened House ethics probe into Rep. Matt Gaetz continues to ramp up, as the committee in recent weeks has contacted multiple new witnesses as part of its ongoing investigation into the Florida congressman, sources tell ABC News.

In recent days, the Republican-led House Ethics Committee has reached out to multiple new witnesses, expanding its contact with individuals who have ties to the initial Justice Department investigation into Gaetz, said sources, who told ABC News that committee investigators have begun conducting interviews.

Sources say in recent days, in addition to focusing on possible lobbying violations by Gaetz, the Ethics Committee has reached out to witnesses who were questioned as part of the Justice Department's sex trafficking investigation into the Florida congressman.MORE: DOJ won't charge Matt Gaetz in sex-trafficking probe as lawyer for minor calls investigation 'difficult experience'
The House probe into Gaetz's conduct was reopened last July after the Ethics Committee initially deferred its investigation at the request of the Justice Department, which conducted its own years-long probe that concluded without charging Gaetz in 2023.

Responding to the new developments, Gaetz told ABC News in a statement, "It's great to see the Ethics Committee has interests beyond trading stocks. They seem to be quite the unusual whales."
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

House Ethics Probe Into Matt Gaetz ‘Zeroes In’ on Sex Trafficking
We now know the Ethics Committee is firmly looking at the allegations that Matt Gaetz paid an underage teen for sex when he was twice her age.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/house-eth ... etter%20PM
As a House Ethics probe into Rep. Matt Gaetz heats up, investigators are zeroing in on the sex trafficking allegations against him, multiple sources told The Daily Beast.

Staffers on the Ethics Committee have been reaching out to alleged witnesses to potential sex crimes, according to two sources familiar with the Ethics probe. And the panel has also been trying to obtain records from the Department of Justice related to its investigation into Gaetz, according to one of those sources.

Prosecutors announced they decided against charging Gaetz in February 2023, following a 30-month investigation into allegations that the congressman paid to have sex with a minor who was half his age in 2017.

Just before publication of this report, CNN reported that the Ethics Committee had reached out to the woman Gaetz allegedly had sex with when she was underage.
“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
p0rtia

Post by p0rtia »

raison de arizona wrote: Tue Dec 19, 2023 7:41 pm

Whenever I hear Gaetz, or any of these measly-mouthed Cretans lying about how Biden is personally conducting a massive campaign via the justice system to get TFG, I am reminded of one of my favorite lines from Buffy the Vampire Slayer:

"That's a radical interpretation of the text."
RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 »

p0rtia wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2024 10:42 am :snippity:

Whenever I hear Gaetz, or any of these measly-mouthed Cretans lying about how Biden is personally conducting a massive campaign via the justice system to get TFG, I am reminded of one of my favorite lines from Buffy the Vampire Slayer:

"That's a radical interpretation of the text."
I am not sure the people on the island of Crete will approve this message ;)
p0rtia

Post by p0rtia »

Hey, I Capitalized it! Respect! :rockon:
raison de arizona

Acyn @Acyn wrote: Reid: I want to be clear. We're not talking about the woman who was still 17 when she allegedly had a sexual encounter with the congressman. We reported last week that individual has been contacted by the committee. Now we're talking about a different woman.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
raison de arizona

Hell hath frozen over, Gaetz laments McCarthy's absence.
Acyn @Acyn wrote: Gaetz: Wouldn’t it have been nice to still have Kevin McCarthy in the House? But McCarthy after being dislodged as speaker took his marbles and went home, he would have been a reliable vote for impeachment… the abject selfishness of Kevin McCarthy contributed to this result
noblepa

Post by noblepa »

raison de arizona wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2024 12:34 pm Hell hath frozen over, Gaetz laments McCarthy's absence.
Acyn @Acyn wrote: Gaetz: Wouldn’t it have been nice to still have Kevin McCarthy in the House? But McCarthy after being dislodged as speaker took his marbles and went home, he would have been a reliable vote for impeachment… the abject selfishness of Kevin McCarthy contributed to this result
The old definition of chutzpah used to be throwing yourself on the mercy of the court because you are an orphan, after murdering your parents.

I think we have a new definition.
raison de arizona

https://x.com/JakeSherman/status/175603 ... 20663?s=20
Jake Sherman @JakeSherman wrote: NEWS from me and @bresreports
--
@mattgaetz was stopped by @TSA at Dallas-Fort Worth Airport with a taser.

Gaetz told @bresreports he forgot about the taser and had to throw it out.

He said he thanked the TSA agent who found it and "he gave me a fist bump and told me to secure the border."

Why was he carrying it? "Because I can't afford to hire Cori Bush's husband," he said.
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

Why do I get the feeling that in the real interaction, the words "entitled fuckwad" were used by the TSA agent. And... yes... yes... I see the words "Do you know who I AM???"
Hic sunt dracones
neonzx
Verified: 🤩✅✅✅✅✅🤩

Post by neonzx »

He forgot an element of Trumpian storytelling...
He said he thanked the TSA agent who found it and "he gave me a fist bump and told me with tears in his eyes to secure the border."
Dave from down under

Post by Dave from down under »

“To secure the southern border”

Is that an euphemism for “put your trousers back on”?
Rolodex

Post by Rolodex »

Maybe he could try NOT doing things that make people want to hurt him.
Do the right thing. It will gratify some people and astonish the rest. - Mark Twain
bill_g
Verified: ✅ Checked Republic ✓ ᵛᵉʳᶦᶠᶦᵉᵈ

Post by bill_g »

NEWS - Gaetz was stopped by TSA with taser.

My reaction - Do it again!
My next reaction - Who names their child Taser?
BeastofBourbon

Post by BeastofBourbon »

:lol: :lol:
That's how I read it, too. I was wondering what he had done to get tased. Oh, well.
bill_g
Verified: ✅ Checked Republic ✓ ᵛᵉʳᶦᶠᶦᵉᵈ

Post by bill_g »

BeastofBourbon wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2024 6:25 pm :lol: :lol:
That's how I read it, too. I was wondering what he had done to get tased. Oh, well.
God Bless the English language, eh? :lol:
RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 »

Matt Gaetz Won’t Let His Wife Watch The Super Bowl Over ‘Black National Anthem’ Performance

Phillip Nieto
Feb 11th, 2024, 7:39 pm

Rep. Matt Gaetz (R-FL) took to social media on Sunday to inform his followers he will not be watching Super Bowl LVIII over the singing of “Black national anthem.”

At the start of Super Bowl at Allegiant Stadium, Andra Day performed the song Lift Every Voice and Sing for the second time in Super Bowl history. The song is nicknamed the Black national anthem because it speaks to the racial injustices faced by the Black community in the U.S.

The conservative lawmaker posted an alleged exchange between himself and his wife discussing why they are not watching the biggest sporting event of the year.

When his wife asks him why they are not watching the Super Bowl, Gaetz claimed he said, “They’re desecrating America’s National Anthem by playing something called the ‘Black National Anthem.'” His wife, Ginger, replied, “Does that mean Cardi is performing?”

https://www.mediaite.com/news/matt-gaet ... rformance/
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

That would be the first time in history a Wife has asked why they are not watching the Super Bowl. :batting:
Hic sunt dracones
northland10
Verified: ✅ I'm me.

Post by northland10 »

They still had the national anthem. Having a few other songs before it does not desecrate the national anthem, unless you're a racist f*** who refuses to accept that America has a history of denying other Americans the freedoms we claim to cherish.

We have used the song in church (one of our hymnals is titled Lift Every Voice and Sing). The only reason I don't stand is I am at the piano.
101010 :towel:

Return to “Worst of the Right-Wing Pieholes”