Matt Gaetz - Matthew Louis Gaetz II R-FL1 Bday May 7, 1982 Taurus / Dog & His Helper, Nestor Galban

These people suck. They are bad people.
Gregg

Re: Matt Gaetz - Matthew Louis Gaetz II R-FL1 & His Helper, Nestor Galban

Post by Gregg »

bill_g wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 8:57 am
Gregg wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 8:04 am
Funny you should ask.
When I was a kid, we had one guy who wasa too crazy for Southern Ohio, which is kind of too crazy for Texas or Georgia.

bought a tank, got into trouble... stayed there, still there

http://justacarguy.blogspot.com/2016/08 ... tayed.html
I recall that story. I am surprised no one has challenged laws restricting private ownership of military weapons. If you have the financial wherewithal to afford a F16, go for it. Finding a suitable airport is your problem.

The reason you can't own an F-16 is more the Air Force doesn't sell them and foreign air forces that buy them agree not to.
Its perfectly legal to own a demilaterized fighter jet and there are probably 100 MIGs privately owned in the USA. Czechoslovakia had a literal garage sale in the 90s where you could get the aircraft for less than a Lincoln but importing it would cost half a million, still a bargain for your own fighter jet.
Supreme Commander, Imperial Illuminati Air Force
:dog:

You don't have to consent, but I'm gonna tase you anyway.
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
sugar magnolia

Post by sugar magnolia »

raison de arizona wrote: Mon Dec 06, 2021 5:52 pm
Do those nitwits realize Bennie's practically FROM a Black ethno-state? He doesn't need to set another one up.
raison de arizona

Rep. Matt Gaetz introduces 'National Stand Your Ground Act'

Congressman Matt Gaetz, in collaboration with other U.S. House Representatives, introduced an act Monday that states that a person has the right to return fire when under the impression [emphasis mine] that their life is in danger.

Gaetz calls the act the "National Stand Your Ground Act," saying, "This bill will codify Florida’s 'Stand Your Ground' law at the federal level, abolishing the duty of retreat when attacked."

The act's introduction comes after the trial of Kyle Rittenhouse. Rittenhouse was found not guilty on all charges involved in the Kenosha, Wisconsin shooting, where he shot three people -- two of which died from their wounds.

"Like Kyle Rittenhouse, every American has the right to defend their life from an attacker," Gaetz said in a release. "If someone tries to kill you, you should have the right to return fire and preserve your life. Let's reaffirm in law what exists in our Constitution and in the hearts of our fellow Americans. Abolish the legal duty of retreat everywhere."

Gaetz was joined by Reps. Louie Gohmert, Paul Gosar, Marjorie Taylor Greene, Markwayne Mullin, Greg Steube, and Randy Weber in introducing the act Monday.
:snippity:
https://weartv.com/news/local/rep-matt- ... ground-act
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

I think Matt Gaetz is trying to kill me.........
My Crested Yorkie, Gilda and her amazing hair.

ImageImageImage x4
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

Slim Cognito wrote: Tue Dec 14, 2021 3:14 pm I think Matt Gaetz is trying to kill me.........
My first thought as well.
Kriselda Gray
Verified:

Post by Kriselda Gray »

raison de arizona wrote: Tue Dec 14, 2021 2:56 pm

Congressman Matt Gaetz, in collaboration with other U.S. House Representatives, introduced an act Monday that states that a person has the right to return fire (emphasis mine - KG) when under the impression [emphasis mine] that their life is in danger.
IF the law actually says "return fire," then to be able to invoke the law as a defense, it sounds like someone would have had to have taken a shot at you first. If that's the case, then the law would have been of no help to Rittenhouse or the bastard who got away with killing Treyvon Martin (I can't remember the shooter's name, thank the Gods...)

Given that this is Gaetz we're talking about, however, I seriously doubt those words will appear in the law at all. He may use them when talking about it, but to include it would put limits on the use of deadly force, and Gaetz doesn't seem to like that idea very much. :sick:
notorial dissent

Post by notorial dissent »

:snippity: :snippity:
Gaetz was joined by Reps. Louie Gohmert, Paul Gosar, Marjorie Taylor Greene, Markwayne Mullin, Greg Steube, and Randy Weber in introducing the act Monday.
:snippity:
https://weartv.com/news/local/rep-matt- ... ground-act
What a surprise- NOT!!!!!
raison de arizona

Kriselda Gray wrote: Tue Dec 14, 2021 3:46 pm

Congressman Matt Gaetz, in collaboration with other U.S. House Representatives, introduced an act Monday that states that a person has the right to return fire (emphasis mine - KG) when under the impression [emphasis mine] that their life is in danger.

IF the law actually says "return fire," then to be able to invoke the law as a defense, it sounds like someone would have had to have taken a shot at you first. If that's the case, then the law would have been of no help to Rittenhouse or the bastard who got away with killing Treyvon Martin (I can't remember the shooter's name, thank the Gods...)

Given that this is Gaetz we're talking about, however, I seriously doubt those words will appear in the law at all. He may use them when talking about it, but to include it would put limits on the use of deadly force, and Gaetz doesn't seem to like that idea very much. :sick:
https://gaetz.house.gov/sites/gaetz.hou ... 2.9.21.pdf

It includes a section allowing deadly force for "forcible felonies", which includes such things as residential burglaries. I'm sure that would go really well.
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

The death penalty without due process for breaking and entering?
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

Only if they are bad guys with guns.
Hic sunt dracones
notorial dissent

Like all things Gaetz, action without thought.
bob

Post by bob »

Congressman Matt Gaetz, in collaboration with other U.S. House Representatives, introduced an act Monday that states that a person has the right to return fire when under the impression that their life is in danger.

Gaetz calls the act the "National Stand Your Ground Act," saying, "This bill will codify Florida’s 'Stand Your Ground' law at the federal level, abolishing the duty of retreat when attacked."
Obviously this is just for show; it'll die in committee.

But either Gaetz doesn't understand the federalist nature of our countries' laws, his supporters don't, or both: Criminal law is a traditional province of states' laws; the federal government can't create a defense to state-law charges.
Image ImageImage
northland10
Verified: ✅ I'm me.

Post by northland10 »

Suranis wrote: Tue Dec 14, 2021 5:09 pm Only if they are bad black guys with guns.
FIFY
bob wrote: Tue Dec 14, 2021 6:43 pm
"
Yeah, DOA.
bob wrote: Tue Dec 14, 2021 6:43 pm But either Gaetz doesn't understand the federalist nature of our countries' laws, his supporters don't, or both:
Both. Federal laws are unconstitutional unless you can fundraise from it.
101010 :towel:
notorial dissent

bob wrote: Tue Dec 14, 2021 6:43 pm

Congressman Matt Gaetz, in collaboration with other U.S. House Representatives, introduced an act Monday that states that a person has the right to return fire when under the impression that their life is in danger.

But either Gaetz doesn't understand the federalist nature of our countries' laws, his supporters don't, or both: Criminal law is a traditional province of states' laws; the federal government can't create a defense to state-law charges.
What Natty Matty doesn't know about the law could and would fill whole law libraries. I don't expect it to go anywhere except to die an unnoticed death in some committee, but it does speak to the man in question. :sick:
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: as seen on qvc zombie apocalypse

Post by Foggy »

Just yesterday we saw a 2 year old who got ahold of a gun and shot someone dead. Sadly, there apparently wasn't a good 2 year old with another gun around to stop it, but now at least the grownups can shoot back at the 2 year old gunslingers, and America is a safer place for Earthlings, yay. :mad:
🎶 We went for a ride,
We got outside,
The sand was hot,
She wanted to dance ... 🎶
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

CNN just report reported on air that a former girlfriend of Gaetz just entered the courthouse where the grand jury meets. Note made by CNN, this is not the underaged victim, but a former girlfriend. Still, :popcorn:
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

Marc Caputo
@MarcACaputo
NEWS: Rep. Matt Gaetz’s ex-girlfriend gave testimony Wednesday to a federal grand jury investigating him for sex crimes, a major development that suggests the Department of Justice may be moving closer to indicting him.

https://t.co/3g8oIs4Sxa
“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

Robert J. DeNault
@robertjdenault
·
5m
Double exclamation markFlorida InvestigationDouble exclamation mark: “After the investigation began, Gaetz spoke with his ex-girlfriend in three-way call with another woman who was cooperating with investigators at that point and secretly recording the call. It’s on that call Gaetz is suspected of obstructing justice.”
“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
filly

Post by filly »

Just when you think nothing is happening in these cases...

Now we need to wait for Rudy and the GA investigation of The Great Satan.
Uninformed

Post by Uninformed »

Popehat has a thread on this:

If you can't lie to yourself, who can you lie to?
filly

Post by filly »

Lots of MAYBES in that thread. So it seems that the high political profile folks are far less likely to be prosecuted. Not just Presidents and former Presidents but MOC with the biggest mouths. I think that’s a policy position that needs to be re-examined.

If the admissible evidence is there and there is a reasonable likelihood of conviction, not the near certainty that seems to be the standard now, then the prosecution should go forward.
keith
Occupation: Retired Computer Systems Analyst Project Manager Super Coder
Verified: ✅lunatic

Post by keith »

My bets are on a 'plea' deal that lets him skate.

Edit: AND lets him claim exoneration and persecution in order to continue his grift. Best hope is that it requires him to not run for public office again, but that is stretching it I suppose.
Has everybody heard about the bird?
much ado

Post by much ado »

It's just a complete waste of DOJ resources if he skates...
northland10
Verified: ✅ I'm me.

Post by northland10 »

filly wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 6:12 pm Lots of MAYBES in that thread. So it seems that the high political profile folks are far less likely to be prosecuted. Not just Presidents and former Presidents but MOC with the biggest mouths. I think that’s a policy position that needs to be re-examined.

If the admissible evidence is there and there is a reasonable likelihood of conviction, not the near certainty that seems to be the standard now, then the prosecution should go forward.
PopeHat's last statement is:
Super-political cases are weird and can diverge from standard practice. Being under the microscope changes the behavior of the players in the system.
It might be time to re-examine the policy position but I am not sure if that would even help. Despite our best wishes, the DOJ is still made up of regular people whose behavior can be swayed by unconscious nervousness about the possible implications and consequences of their actions. We would like them to above thinking about the political ramifications (not their own leanings but any possible ramifications) but that is probably too high a pedestal to place them on.

That said, I would have no problem with the prosecutors not always working to our expectations during the investigation. In a potentially hyper-political situation, it is best to play it as close to the chest as possible to prevent the focus of your investigation from turning up the heat and working their machine to scuttle the whole thing in both the investigation and in the public's eyes. If anything is leaked out, let it be obscure and easily misleading.

While it may not be the purest method, for super-political investigations, I have no problem with remembering Sun Tzu.
101010 :towel:

Return to “Worst of the Right-Wing Pieholes”