Spring forward.
To delete this message, click the X at top right.

Couy Griffin will be tried for trespassing on the U.S. Capitol grounds beginning Monday

humblescribe
Verified:

Re: Couy Griffin will be tried for trespassing on the U.S. Capitol grounds beginning Monday

Post by humblescribe »

I wonder if other states have such statutes.

It seems to me that New Mexico considers licensed accountants and this state agency as falling under the same umbrella, even if the state accountants are unlicensed.

According to their website, the head of the agency is a lawyer with a Certified Fraud Examiner certificate. I cannot find a listing of key employees of this agency.

At least the California State Auditor is licensed as a CPA. I don't know the extent of our auditor's engagements that would mandate secrecy. I have seen their reports tearing into various high-profile agencies that did not follow procedures or that suspected irregularities with some of the accounting.

So, did the state itself perform these procedures, or were they contracted out to licensed accountants? I agree that workpapers belong to the accountant under most circumstances. But they are discoverable in litigation.

Sure, there are certain engagements that need to be kept under wraps. But those should be few and far between.

Methinks that statutes such as these are smoke screens meant to deter public inquiry into the State's affairs.
"Some cause happiness wherever they go; others whenever they go." O. Wilde
Kendra

Re: Couy Griffin will be tried for trespassing on the U.S. Capitol grounds beginning Monday

Post by Kendra »

NEW: Justice Dept to seek *3 months* jail in the US Capitol breach case of Couy Griffin

Griffin is an Otero County, NM county commissioner convicted on *one* charge in first Jan 6 *bench trial*, in which judge ruled in case. Rather than jury

He arrived at court in caravan
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

ALERT: New Mexico Sec of State notifies Justice Dept it has referred Couy Griffin, an Otero County Commissioner & Jan 6 defendant for new criminal investigation

For refusing this month "to comply with.. mandatory duty under the Election Code in certifying the election returns"

Sentencing is set for 2pm tomorrow. So.... standby for that
(that's 2PM today)
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

ALSO HAPPENING TODAY: Judge McFadden will sentence Couy Griffin, the Cowboys for Trump founder who was convicted on one misdemeanor count for his Jan. 6 activities. Though McFadden seemed inclined to be gentle, Griffin is facing new allegations of violating election law in NM.

One thing to remember: McFadden was ready to sentence Griffin on the day of his conviction. He said he was ready to go, but Griffin asked for more time to prepare sentencing materials.
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

Is he a fake cowboy like Ammon?
northland10
Verified: ✅ I'm me.

Post by northland10 »

pipistrelle wrote: Fri Jun 17, 2022 10:29 am Is he a fake cowboy like Ammon?
He has a degree in business, did some wild west show in Paris, pastor of a church (I assume of his own making), played street preacher with his horse and mule, ran a bbq restaurant.

So yes, fake cowboy. Also wore his hat in the Oval Office.
101010 :towel:
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Isn't he the founder of Cowboys for Trump?
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

Kendra wrote: Fri Jun 17, 2022 10:39 am Isn't he the founder of Cowboys for Trump?
Yep, but not a cowboy.
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

pipistrelle wrote: Fri Jun 17, 2022 10:54 am
Kendra wrote: Fri Jun 17, 2022 10:39 am Isn't he the founder of Cowboys for Trump?
Yep, but not a cowboy.
Yep.

To all, should I change the name of the thread title, or will this just die off now that he's due for sentencing?
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

Kendra wrote: Fri Jun 17, 2022 10:57 am
pipistrelle wrote: Fri Jun 17, 2022 10:54 am
Yep, but not a cowboy.
Yep.

To all, should I change the name of the thread title, or will this just die off now that he's due for sentencing?
Couy Griffin, Seditionist?
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Couy Griffin, Convicted Seditionist? But then, he wasn't convicted of sedition was he? :shrug: :faint:
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

BREAKING: Jan. 6 defendant Couy Griffin sentenced to

14 days in prison (but credit for time served so no actual jail time

$3,000 fine

$500 restitution

1 year supervised release
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

Kendra wrote: Fri Jun 17, 2022 11:02 am
Couy Griffin, Convicted Seditionist? But then, he wasn't convicted of sedition was he? :shrug: :faint:
Only in my mind.
Ben-Prime
Verified: ✅MamaSaysI'mBonaFide

Post by Ben-Prime »

pipistrelle wrote: Fri Jun 17, 2022 4:04 pm
Kendra wrote: Fri Jun 17, 2022 11:02 am
Only in my mind.
Humming that to the tune of "Always on my Mind." :)
But the sunshine aye shall light the sky,
As round and round we run;
And the truth shall ever come uppermost,
And justice shall be done.

- Charles Mackay, "Eternal Justice"
Greatgrey
Verified: 💲8️⃣

Post by Greatgrey »

Don’t let the door hit ya on the way out Couy

What's the Frequency, Kenneth?
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

J6 defendant and Cowboys for Trump founder Couy Griffin says he was unfairly removed from office by a judge for being an insurrectionist. Host Dr. Gina then says she has been unable to fly since J6 because she is still on a ‘No Fly’ list.
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

I think I read it here, apologies for forgetting who posted it, but ...

" We're gonna need a smaller violin."
Pup Dennis in training to be a guide dog & given to a deserving vet. Thx! ImageImageImage x4
Greatgrey
Verified: 💲8️⃣

Couy Griffin will be tried for trespassing on the U.S. Capitol grounds beginning Monday

Post by Greatgrey »

7664B82B-AC70-4CF1-80EA-762E5381C22E.png
7664B82B-AC70-4CF1-80EA-762E5381C22E.png (510 KiB) Viewed 936 times
Eventful couple of days for Couy.

First the Sheriff has to take the microphone away from him as he confronts his replacement on the County Commissioners panel.

https://nmpoliticalreport.com/2022/11/1 ... s-meeting/
Former Otero County Commissioner Couy Griffin caused a fuss at the Otero County Commission meeting last week when his time at the public comment table became so heated, one of the sitting county commissioners plans to file a restraining order against Griffin.

Griffin was unhappy that Stephanie DuBois, a Democrat, was appointed to his old seat after Griffin was removed from office based on the U.S. Constitution’s 14th Amendment’s Disqualification Clause after his conviction related to his role in the Jan. 6, 2021 insurrection in Washington, D.C.

At one point, before the meeting livestream went dark, Sheriff David Black, a Republican who ran unopposed in the 2022 election, took the microphone from the public comment table away from Griffin who said “well now, you get tough. Now you’re a tough guy, huh?” to Black.

The meeting livestream went dark for about 10 minutes before the meeting reconvened.

“We’re going to go ahead and continue but I am asking you right now that we keep this civil,” Marquardt said when the meeting reconvened. “We’re all godly people here and we need to keep that in mind. And you all haven’t seen me ride in on my broom yet, but it was about there this morning. We’re going to keep this civil.”
Then the NM Supreme Court tosses his appeal over being removed from said panel.

https://www.rawstory.com/nm-supreme-cou ... -griffins/
The New Mexico Supreme Court on Tuesday issued a two-page order dismissing Griffin’s appeal of an earlier court ruling that removed him from his elected position and barred him for life from serving in elected federal and state positions.

The ruling marked the first time an elected official was unseated by court order as a result of participating in or supporting the Jan. 6 attack on the U.S. Capitol. Tuesday’s dismissal affirms the ruling.

When someone appeals a ruling to the New Mexico Supreme Court, they must file a statement that accurately and concisely explains the legal issues in the case and outlines how the courts have handled similar appeals in the past.

However, all five justices of the Supreme Court wrote on Tuesday that Griffin “failed to file a statement of issues” ahead of the 30-day deadline under the rules of New Mexico’s court system.
What's the Frequency, Kenneth?
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

‘Cowboys for Trump’ founder and J6 defendant Couy Griffin says the night he spent in the downtown DC jail was inhumane: “The bugs in this place! Every single different bug you can imagine. I mean, this place was scary!”
northland10

Post by northland10 »

A cowboy can sleep on the ground with all sorts of bugs and snakes, yet he can't handle the DC jail bugs? Show me you're a fake cowboy without telling me you're a fake cowboy.
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

But but but... he's wearing a hat!!
Hic sunt dracones
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

northland10 wrote: Mon Jan 02, 2023 7:42 pm A cowboy can sleep on the ground with all sorts of bugs and snakes, yet he can't handle the DC jail bugs? Show me you're a fake cowboy without telling me you're a fake cowboy.
:rimshot:
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

northland10 wrote: Mon Jan 02, 2023 7:42 pm A cowboy can sleep on the ground with all sorts of bugs and snakes, yet he can't handle the DC jail bugs? Show me you're a fake cowboy without telling me you're a fake cowboy.
For a night at that.
northland10

Post by northland10 »

Home, home on the range... eww bugs.

Or maybe something from Oklahoma:

The farmer and the cowman should be friends.
Oh, the farmer and the cowman should be friends.
One man likes to plow his ten, the other hates bugs in the pen,
But that's no reason why they cain't be friends.

Yeah, I'm no Sam of the Many Legs on lyric adaptations.

Return to “The January 6 Insurrection, including Criminal Cases”