Spring forward.
To delete this message, click the X at top right.

Good TikToks

raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Re: Good TikToks

Post by raison de arizona »

“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
raison de arizona

A town surrounded by mountains in Norway that doesn’t get any direct sunlight from September through March has installed automatically tilting mirrors atop a mountain that direct sunlight into the town square.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
raison de arizona

What do you think that means?
RVInit

Post by RVInit »

That was hilarious. Don't tell me I'm going to have to join tik tok now. :lol:
There's a lot of things that need to change. One specifically? Police brutality.
--Colin Kaepernick
raison de arizona

TikTok as a serious political platform.

Unroll: https://threadreaderapp.com/thread/1500 ... 04225.html

Also, it wasn't that long ago that tfg issued an executive order to ban TikTok. 'Member those days?
raison de arizona

She has a bunch of TikToks, they are very good.
raison de arizona

“What kind of bait are you using?!” :lol:
raison de arizona

How they scored a Russian tank.
RVInit

Post by RVInit »

There's a lot of things that need to change. One specifically? Police brutality.
--Colin Kaepernick
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: as seen on qvc zombie apocalypse

Post by Foggy »

After the discussion last night on the Virtual Meetup, I installed TikTok, as promised.

It asked me to select some areas of interest, things I might like to see. I did that.

So it started showing me some of the stupidest shit on the planet, and told me to swipe up so they could show me something even more stupid. I scrolled through 20 or so videos, and I never did see one that met any of my expressed interests.

So I uninstalled it. I don't have time for the videos I want to see. :shrug:
Out from under. :thumbsup:
raison de arizona

All the best ones are in this thread anyhow Foggy :lol:
raison de arizona

:crying:

Protect the children.
► Show Spoiler
raison de arizona

Our intrepid Ukrainian TikTok’r has lost power in her bunker, but she continues to TikTok and in today’s installment demonstrates how she makes coffee.

A little of her political commentary. They don’t want to die.
► Show Spoiler
raison de arizona

tfg’s lovefest with Putin.
raison de arizona

I’m just a big sap for these. :crying:
bill_g
Verified: ✅ Checked Republic ✓ ᵛᵉʳᶦᶠᶦᵉᵈ

Post by bill_g »

Bravo to that guy!
Phoenix520
Verified:

Post by Phoenix520 »

Me, too, raison. Thanks.
Danraft

Post by Danraft »

It seems the Biden admin is being innovative.
RVInit

Post by RVInit »

Joe Biden is really making me proud to have voted for him. He is really savvy and also has the smarts to surround himself with people who are also really savvy. Not that I think he's been perfect, but damn is he good.
--Colin Kaepernick
Phoenix520
Verified:

Post by Phoenix520 »

Before he announced, RV, I was concerned that with all the candidates in the field there wasn’t one I considered a sure thing. Sure, I liked Kamala and Elizabeth, but was pretty sure they’d be decimated by the big red machine. But when Biden announced, I was elated. Experienced, even-keeled, JUST the man for our times.

We were not wrong, were we?? Hallelujah.

Remember, Joe is why we can gay marry if we want, not Obama. Joe has no illusions about the military industrial complex, even as he’s very proud of Beau’s service. And he has relationships with people in Congress, even with the vast right wing conspiracists. They go way back and have been through some things. Where others simply know people, Joe has relationships.

It makes me proud to know that its cuz of Joe that Ukraine support came together across NATO the way it did. And that he’s spending his time actually doing this important work instead of holding press avails where he talks about how great he is or watching MSNBC to see what he should do next, and making sure they’re being properly appreciative.
raison de arizona

Russia is pushing propaganda on TikTok too.
A pro-Russia propaganda campaign is using over 180 TikTok influencers to promote the invasion of Ukraine

Over 180 Russian influencers on TikTok are involved in a seemingly concerted propaganda campaign using the caption “Russian Lives Matter” and participating in a combination of three trends that promote online support for Russia's war in Ukraine.

A Media Matters review of videos posted between March 4 and March 8 that use the caption “Russian Lives Matter #RLM” identified 197 videos from 186 accounts, 12 of which are verified on TikTok. Our review found that a number of the videos had identical captions and in-video text, suggesting that they were the result of some degree of organization. The video content took a favorable, pro-Russian stance regarding the war effort. If these posts were coordinated, it would suggest that they are trying to influence conversations about the war among English and Russian-speaking audiences on TikTok. Similar influencer coordination was uncovered in a recent Vice report.
:snippity:
Of the 197 videos reviewed by Media Matters, 180 — or 91% — were uploaded between March 5 and 6. Notably, many of the larger influencers involved in this campaign do not appear to be particularly political in their daily content. For instance, one user is a beauty influencer with 3 million followers, another account with 1.8 million followers makes comedy sketches, while another creates prank videos for its 3.2 million followers.

It is already improbable that 186 Russian influencers would organically participate in one of these trends, with nearly identical videos, using identical on-screen text, English-language posters, identical captions, and an identical hashtag all within a matter of two days — but the users’ typos, in particular, suggest some level of organization behind these trends.
:snippity:
https://www.mediamatters.org/tiktok/pro ... on-ukraine
raison de arizona

Just a reminder that the people of Belarus are being violently oppressed. Lots of info on her channel.
raison de arizona

Evacuating to Poland.
raison de arizona

On being Russian in America.
► Show Spoiler
raison de arizona

She’s in Poland now, checking out the donated clothes. I wondered why the family decided to leave their bunker. They didn’t. They sent her out, mom and dad are still in the bunker in Ukraine.

Return to “The Funny”