I am F'n PISSED and Depressed and just plain fucking mad

Kriselda Gray
Verified:

Re: I am F'n PISSED and Depressed and just plain fucking mad

Post by Kriselda Gray »

Foggy wrote: Mon Mar 14, 2022 11:59 am For Kriselda, who can't get out much, how about something like 21 groups (on Goodreads) that like Norse Mythology?

'Course, that's not the result of an extensive search, just a suggestion for a starting point.

I'm gonna stop offering advice now, bill_g is much better at this sort of thing than I am.
That's actually a great suggestion, Foggy, and one I'll have to check out. Thanks!!
Phoenix520
Verified:

Post by Phoenix520 »

Nevar are you that to me, Kris!! I appreciate your POV and humor. You have empathy, insight, and lovely doggies who love you. Doggies are seldom wrong about character. 😜
Danraft

Post by Danraft »

I too have been circling the drain of despair. Perhaps even more so because I am consulting on a project meant to address a fragment of the problem with an emphasis on critical reasoning and active reading.

The perceived problem that has been an issue is that the audience that would interact with that sort of project mostly already get it. It is those with little interest in engaging the brain and recognizing all the disinformation who would just ignore it. Coming up with any tool to have deeper engagement has been really hurting my brain bone (to use Foggy’s verbiage).

After a few million (it feels like) concepts being ruthlessly torn apart, there are a couple that seem to offer some hope.
woodworker

Post by woodworker »

Me, also, too. And I still haven't won the fucking lottery. Bah humbug. But I have lost 25 pounds so far this year, so I am celebrating with some ice cream and hot fudge.
Phoenix520
Verified:

Post by Phoenix520 »

Will you be my attorney when I win the lottery?
John Thomas8

Post by John Thomas8 »

Where is common decency, the decency that acknowledges humans are different but not bad for being different?

Where is humanity, when we care instead of lash out at each other?

Where is Justice? Why can't we punish people that do wrong when they have money?
Kriselda Gray
Verified:

Post by Kriselda Gray »

Phoenix520 wrote: Mon Mar 14, 2022 4:38 pm Nevar are you that to me, Kris!! I appreciate your POV and humor. You have empathy, insight, and lovely doggies who love you. Doggies are seldom wrong about character. 😜
I hadn't gotten back to the thread in a bit, but thank you so very much! That really means a lot to me! :bighug:
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

I think people would benefit from watching Stephen Colbert's interview with Anderson Cooper in 2019. On Suffering

Feel free to quote this so those who have chosen to close themselves off from me can see it.

Hic sunt dracones
Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

My love and empathy to all posting on this thread. Fogbow helped me through early retirement caused by disabling fibromyalgia, Irritable Bowel Syndrome and migraines. I get the intellectual and political discussions I need to keep my brain bone working. Mostly, I get the camaraderie of folks who like people, wordplay, honor ethics, respect and persevere with this thing called the "human" condition, and just have fun a la internet.

You all are seen and recognized, even you lurkers! :bighug:
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

:bighug: :thumbsup:

I agree there's a great bunch of people here!
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
Phoenix520
Verified:

Post by Phoenix520 »

Suranis :bighug:
Thank you for that interview. There are moments of authentic, deep intimacy out there on the airwaves. This was one of them.
sad-cafe

Post by sad-cafe »

I agree

you guys are my only source of sanity

even my hubby thinks we should just move on :brickwallsmall: :brickwallsmall: :brickwallsmall: :brickwallsmall:

Return to “Whatever Doesn't Fit Elsewhere”