Spring forward.
To delete this message, click the X at top right.

Prominent People Who Are Injured or Ill

John Thomas8

Post by John Thomas8 »

Maybe not prominent to many, but Diana Olson Lordan, wife of Robin Trower drummer Bill Lordan is going through her terminal illness with us via Facebook. An excellent photographer and all around decent person, her decline is heartbreaking but she's a strong person and possesses much dignity.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/789109314499056

Give her a Facebook hug if you can spare the time, please.
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

Happy to do so, as soon as the group approves my request to join.

That's a hard hard road to travel.
Pup Dennis in training to be a guide dog & given to a deserving vet. Thx! ImageImageImage x4
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

https://www.washingtonpost.com/arts-ent ... postponed/
Jimmy Buffett will no longer be performing in Charleston, S.C., on Saturday after undisclosed medical issues landed the “It’s Five O’Clock Somewhere” singer in the hospital, he said in a statement.

“I had a sudden change of plans this week,” Buffett wrote Thursday. After he returned from a trip in the Bahamas, he “had to stop in Boston for a check-up but wound up back in the hospital to address some issues that needed immediate attention.”

The 76-year-old singer-songwriter, whose concert was part of his “Second Wind Tour,” didn’t share in his message what health issues he was experiencing or his current condition, and representatives for Buffett didn’t immediately respond to a request for comment.

“Growing old is not for sissies, I promise you,” the statement continued. It’s unclear when Buffett’s next concert will be, but he added that he will be back to performing “in the land of She-Crab soup” once he’s healthy enough.
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/former- ... d=99697578
Former first lady Rosalynn Carter has been diagnosed with dementia, The Carter Center announced on Tuesday.

"She continues to live happily at home with her husband, enjoying spring in Plains and visits with loved ones," The Carter Center said in a statement.

The Carter Center pointed to the first lady's advocacy for mental health and said it was making the announcement to decrease stigma.
MORE: Biden lets it slip that Jimmy Carter wants him to deliver Carter's eulogy

"We recognize, as she did more than half a century ago, that stigma is often a barrier that keeps individuals and their families from seeking and getting much-needed support," the statement continued. "We hope sharing our family's news will increase important conversations at kitchen tables and in doctor’s offices around the country."

Carter's husband, former President Jimmy Carter, has been receiving hospice care since February following a series of hospitalizations.
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

https://www.msn.com/en-us/entertainment ... d88b&ei=22
Danny Bonaduce is booked in for brain surgery.

‘The Partridge Family’ actor-turned DJ, 63, had been struggling to speak and balance while battling a mystery illness, but has now been told he suffers from hydrocephalus and is going in for an operation on Monday. (05.06.23)

He also told TMZ the condition had been confirmed after he met with “100 doctors”.

The National Institute of Neurological Disorders and Stroke says the disorder is “caused by an abnormal build-up of cerebrospinal fluid in the ventricles (cavities) deep within the brain” which puts “harmful pressure on the brain’s tissues’.

Danny is now clean after struggling with substance abuse, and even though he is not sure how he contracted the disorder, he told TMZ it could have been the result taking a “guitar to the head” and being punched by former baseball star Joe Canseco.

He said: “I’ve done so many stupid things. “On a reality TV show, I took a guitar to the head and that hurt. That’s possibly the cause of all this.

“I got punched in the face by Jose Canseco, a 265-pound professional athlete. “And by the way, I didn’t hit the floor, (I) made it on my feet the whole time.”
:snippity:
Danny last year also posted an image of himself using a cane on Instagram last year as he announced he was taking a break from his DJ job at Seattle radio station KZOK-FM.
:snippity:

Danny's been doing the DJ thing in Seattle for a few years now, I do like KZOK when I'm in the mood for classic rock, but he annoys me to no ends on his morning show.
John Thomas8

Post by John Thomas8 »

Bronny James leaves ICU after a cardiac arrest. Bronny is the son of sportsballer LeBron James and a freshman at USC:

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-baske ... iac-arrest
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

Senator Dianne Feinstein hospitalized after fall

3h ago 15.29 BST

Senator Dianne Feinstein was hospitalized after tripping and falling in her San Francisco home, according to multiple reports.

The 90-year-old Democratic senator was taken to a nearby hospital and returned home on Tuesday night, TMZ reported.

Feinstein’s spokesperson told the San Francisco Chronicle that she spent an hour or two in the hospital. Her scans were clear, he added.

Feinstein has struggled with her health in recent years. She was absent from the Senate for two-and-a-half-months due to shingles and other medical complications.

live updates https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/liv ... ve-updates
neonzx
Verified: 🤩✅✅✅✅✅🤩

Post by neonzx »

I really don't get why she refuses to retire/resign. The seat is safe. This is getting beyond silly.
sad-cafe

Post by sad-cafe »

don't you think it is pride at this point?
June bug

Post by June bug »

Without Feinstein, the Senate Judiciary Committee has an equal number of Dems and Republicans. During or after her shingles absence, I read speculation that the Republicans would not agree to putting any Democrat onto the Committee to replace her. So no Biden judicial nominees would be passed out of Committee.
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

Jack Hanna's long goodbye: How Alzheimer's is stripping away the man the world once knew

MIKE WAGNER The Columbus Dispatch
2023/06/21

Bigfork, Montana — As a sunset paints the sky pink on his Montana family farm, Jack Hanna sneaks a chunk of pizza to his golden retriever when a man approaches to greet him.

“Hi, Jack,” the family guest says. “It’s a pleasure to meet you.”

The longtime zookeeper’s famous smile fades into curiosity.

“Where are you from?” Hanna asks between bites.

“Columbus, Ohio,” the family guest says.

Hanna built the Columbus Zoo and Aquarium into one of the nation's best. He then captivated national audiences on David Letterman's late shows, "Good Morning America" and a number of his own Emmy-winning animal show series that still run in syndication. He traveled the globe as a leading animal conservationist promoting Columbus. It was his home for decades. It’s even where he once said he wanted his ashes spread when he passes away.

https://eu.dispatch.com/story/news/nati ... 293207007/

Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Just on CNN, Jimmy Carter's grandson says they are in the final chapter. :cry:
June bug

Post by June bug »

A truly good man. Those of us who care about humanity will miss him. :(
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/steve-scal ... ty-leader/
House Majority Leader Steve Scalise has a "very treatable" type of blood cancer, the 57-year-old representative from Louisiana announced Tuesday.

Scalise said he has been diagnosed with multiple myeloma, a cancer that forms in white blood cells called plasma cells. Scalise said he has begun treatment, and expects to work as he continues that treatment over the next several months.

"After a few days of not feeling like myself this past week, I had some blood work done," Scalise tweeted. "The results uncovered some irregularities and after undergoing additional tests, I was diagnosed with Multiple Myeloma, a very treatable blood cancer."
MN-Skeptic

Post by MN-Skeptic »

Jill Biden tests positive for Covid. Joe remains negative.

Greatgrey
Verified: 💲8️⃣

Post by Greatgrey »

I blame it on the trip to Florida
MN-Skeptic wrote: Mon Sep 04, 2023 9:38 pm Jill Biden tests positive for Covid. Joe remains negative.

What's the Frequency, Kenneth?
MN-Skeptic

Post by MN-Skeptic »

Greatgrey wrote: Mon Sep 04, 2023 9:46 pm I blame it on the trip to Florida
But unlike the Florida Republicans, the Bidens are both fully vaccinated. Plus I'm sure that Jill was treated with Paxlovid, or whatever, as soon as she tested positive. Thank goodness for leaders who believe in science!
northland10
Verified: ✅ I'm me.

Post by northland10 »

Jill gets it but Joe is so far in the clear. That will be worthy of Congressional hearings and another impeachment charge.

If he had gotten it, it would also be impeachable since it shows he is not healthy enough to be President unlike the previous one who as the healthiest ever and never ever caught the COVID.

Getting the vax is probably impeachable as well.
101010 :towel:
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

I heard today get the RSV now, the flu and newest Covid vaccine at the beginning of October.
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

https://twitter.com/DJJudd/status/16998 ... 67358?s=20
DJ Judd @DJJudd wrote: Per the White House, both President Joe Biden and First Lady Jill Biden have tested negative for Covid-19 Thursday. FLOTUS had been isolating in Rehoboth Beach after testing positive Monday, while Biden is scheduled to depart for New Delhi for the G20 summit this afternoon.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/fo ... rcna117008
Former President Jimmy Carter and his wife, Rosalynn Carter, were spotted Saturday at a festival in his hometown of Plains, Georgia.

The Carter Center re-shared a video of the former President, 98, and former first lady, 96, riding in a black SUV at the Plains Peanut Festival.

"Beautiful day for President & Mrs. Carter to enjoy a ride through the Plains Peanut Festival! And just a week before he turns 99," the center wrote in a post on X, formerly known as Twitter. "We’re betting peanut butter ice cream is on the menu for lunch! #JimmyCarter99."

:bighug: :thumbsup:
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

I just saw that clip on MSNBC. So nice to see.
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

https://www.cnn.com/2023/09/27/entertai ... index.html

Bruce Springsteen is following doctor’s orders and taking more time off from touring.

The rocker, 74, released a statement to X, formerly Twitter, on Wednesday, in which he said he’s continuing to “recover steadily from peptic ulcer disease over the past few weeks and will continue treatment through the rest of the year on doctor’s advice.”

“With this in mind, and out of an abundance of caution, all remaining 2023 tour dates for Bruce Springsteen and The E Street Band will be postponed until 2024,” the statement continued.

Springsteen had previously canceled several shows with the E Street Band last month and earlier this month.
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: as seen on qvc zombie apocalypse

Post by Foggy »

I'm {okay, Dr. Ken) starting a thread for this. Hang on.
Out from under. :thumbsup:
John Thomas8

Post by John Thomas8 »

Sadly, 50 years of hockey has to retire due to Parkinson's:

Former NHL coach and player Barry Melrose, who has been an Emmy Award-winning hockey analyst for ESPN since 1996, has been diagnosed with Parkinson's disease and is retiring, he announced Tuesday.

"I've had over 50 extraordinary years playing, coaching and analyzing the world's greatest game, hockey. It's now time to hang up my skates and focus on my health, my family, including my supportive wife Cindy, and whatever comes next," Melrose, 67, said in a statement.

https://www.espn.com/nhl/story/_/id/386 ... -diagnosis

Return to “General Stuff”