Spring forward.
To delete this message, click the X at top right.

Prominent People Who Are Injured or Ill

Phoenix520
Verified:

Re: Prominent People Who Are Injured or Ill

Post by Phoenix520 »

Get well soon Bennie!
northland10
Verified: ✅ I'm me.

Post by northland10 »

sugar magnolia wrote: Tue Jul 19, 2022 10:50 am Bennie Thompson has tested positive for Covid.
So has Gov Pritzker.
101010 :towel:
MN-Skeptic

Post by MN-Skeptic »

Dr. Ken

Post by Dr. Ken »

ImageImagePhilly Boondoggle
chancery
Verified:

Post by chancery »

Medevac just arrived. Salman was stabbed several times by an assassin who emerged from back stage. Assassin currently subdued on stage
Salman Rushdie has been loaded onto the Medevac on a stretcher. Very somber scene
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

Live Updates: Salman Rushdie on Ventilator Hours After Being Stabbed in Western New York

“The news is not good,” the author’s agent, Andrew Wylie, said in an emailed update. He said Mr. Rushdie might lose an eye and his liver had been damaged. The celebrated author, who has long faced death threats, was stabbed in the neck and abdomen by a 24-year old New Jersey man. A motive was unclear.

https://www.nytimes.com/live/2022/08/12 ... d-new-york
RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 »

Salman Rushdie off ventilator and able to talk

Published 5 hours ago

Author Salman Rushdie has been taken off a ventilator and can talk again, nearly two days after being stabbed.

Mr Rushdie, 75, was attacked while speaking at an event in New York state and was in a critical condition.

He has faced years of death threats for his novel The Satanic Verses, which some Muslims see as blasphemous.

The man charged over Friday's attack has pleaded not guilty to attempted murder, and has been remanded in custody without bail.

Hadi Matar, 24, is accused of running onto the stage and stabbing Mr Rushdie at least 10 times in the face, neck and abdomen.

Following the attack, his agent Andrew Wylie said the novelist had suffered severed nerves in one arm, damage to his liver, and would likely lose an
eye.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-62537389
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

https://apnews.com/article/entertainmen ... 1a1900135a
LOS ANGELES (AP) — Anne Heche, the Emmy-winning film and television actor whose dramatic Hollywood rise in the 1990s and accomplished career contrasted with personal chapters of turmoil, died of injuries from a fiery car crash. She was 53.

Heche was “peacefully taken off life support,” spokeswoman Holly Baird said in a statement Sunday night.

Heche had been on life support at a Los Angeles burn center after suffering a “severe anoxic brain injury,” caused by a lack of oxygen, when her car crashed into a home Aug. 5, according to a statement released Thursday by a representative on behalf of her family and friends.

:snippity:

A native of Ohio whose family moved around the country, Heche endured an abusive and tragic childhood, one that helped push her into acting as a way of escaping her own life. She showed enough early promise to be offered professional work in high school and first came to prominence on the NBC soap opera “Another World” from 1987 to 1991, winning a Daytime Emmy Award for the role of twins Marley and Vicky Hudson, who on the show sustained injuries that anticipated Heche’s: Vicky falls into a coma for months after a car crash.
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
Dr. Ken

Post by Dr. Ken »

ImageImagePhilly Boondoggle
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

Hope she is alright.

Not to be snide especially if she is seriously ill, but maybe meeting with 2 conservative prime ministers this week was too much for her. ;)
“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
mojosapien
Occupation: Desktop support. Retired juror for the next three years, thanks.
Verified:

Post by mojosapien »

I did the body swastika recently....in a move that the younger folks helped me up....

To busy with too much on my mind (Kinks)
Think like a fortune cookie. ©2022-Mojosapien
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

mojosapien wrote: Thu Sep 08, 2022 10:01 am I did the body swastika recently....in a move that the younger folks helped me up....

To busy with too much on my mind (Kinks)
Oh my!
get well 3.jpg
get well 3.jpg (56.77 KiB) Viewed 2376 times
Pup Dennis in training to be a guide dog & given to a deserving vet. Thx! ImageImageImage x4
mojosapien
Verified:

Post by mojosapien »

She should have moved in with the Carters.
jez
Verified: ✅ Medicated

Post by jez »

So, a thought or three on the Queen.
If she passes, her funeral of course would be a huge affair (understatement, I know). I can understand heads of state attending. So, more than likely Biden, Trudeau, other NATO heads of state, etc.

Would the Obama's be invited? If I remember correctly, they got along famously with the Queen. I am half imagining Biden, Obama, Bush attending but Trump being snubbed. That would probably start the tantrum of the year.
“What is better ? to be born good or to overcome your evil nature through great effort ?”

~Paarthurnax
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

I love the idea of tfg being snubbed. ?? Wasn't it reported that both his passports were expired, and in this case the diplomatic one is expired and do we know if the government would allow him to renew?

Oh noes! It's 9AM Pacific and CNN just put Anderson Cooper on the air. Not a good sign...
jez
Verified: ✅ Medicated

Post by jez »

Kendra wrote: Thu Sep 08, 2022 11:02 am I love the idea of tfg being snubbed. ?? Wasn't it reported that both his passports were expired, and in this case the diplomatic one is expired and do we know if the government would allow him to renew?

Oh noes! It's 9AM Pacific and CNN just put Anderson Cooper on the air. Not a good sign...
I'm listening to the BBC broadcast. The family is gathering at Balmoral.
“What is better ? to be born good or to overcome your evil nature through great effort ?”

~Paarthurnax
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

On BTVS Emma played Anya who was an 1100 year old vengeance demon with rabbit phobia and a flair for retailing. Really.
“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
RVInit

Post by RVInit »

:cry: I am so very sorry. MS is dreadful and the company that has cornered the market on MS drugs has no incentive to do anything other than supply wildly expensive treatments. MS is very good indeed for Biogen.
There's a lot of things that need to change. One specifically? Police brutality.
--Colin Kaepernick
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 »

Salman Rushdie has lost sight in one eye and use of one hand, says agent
Full extent of injuries from ‘brutal attack’ on Satanic Verses author in New York state in August revealed

Sam Jones in Madrid
Sun 23 Oct 2022 11.53 BST

Salman Rushdie has lost sight in one eye and the use of one hand after the attack he suffered while preparing to deliver a lecture in New York state two months ago, his agent has confirmed.

The 75-year-old author, who received death threats from Iran in the 1980s after his novel The Satanic Verses was published, was stabbed in the neck and torso as he came on stage to give a talk on artistic freedom at the Chautauqua Institution on 12 August.

Until now, the full extent of Rushdie’s injuries had been unclear. But in an interview with Spain’s El País, Andrew Wylie explained how serious and life-changing the attack had been.

“[His wounds] were profound, but he’s [also] lost the sight of one eye,” said Wylie. “He had three serious wounds in his neck. One hand is incapacitated because the nerves in his arm were cut. And he has about 15 more wounds in his chest and torso. So, it was a brutal attack.”

The agent declined to say whether Rushdie was still in hospital, saying the most important thing was that the writer was going to live.

https://www.theguardian.com/books/2022/ ... says-agent
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

Jay Leno released from hospital after suffering serious burns in car fire
Comedian was injured while working underneath a car but is expected to make a full recovery

https://www.theguardian.com/media/2022/ ... d-car-fire
Jay Leno has been released from hospital and is “looking forward to spending Thanksgiving with his family” after being treated for serious burns sustained in a recent petrol fire accident.

The former host of The Tonight Show was said to be thankful for the care he had received following the incident and “very appreciative of all the well wishes”.

The incident reportedly took place while Leno was working underneath a car in Burbank, California, last week.

The comedian suffered “deep second-degree” and possibly third-degree burns. But Dr Peter Grossman said he was “pleased with Jay’s progress” and “optimistic” that Leno would make a full recovery.
mojosapien
Verified:

Post by mojosapien »

AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

https://www.theguardian.com/music/2022/ ... n-syndrome
Céline Dion has revealed that she is living with a rare neurological disorder called stiff person syndrome (SPS) in an emotional video posted to her Instagram account on 8 December. “I’ve always been an open book and I wasn’t ready to say anything before, but I’m ready now,” the 54-year-old singer said. “I’ve been dealing with problems with my health for a long time, and it’s been really difficult for me to face these challenges … We now know [SPS] is what’s been causing all of the spasms that I’ve been having.”
Allow Instagram content?

“Unfortunately the spasms affect every aspect of my daily life, sometimes causing difficulties when I walk and not allowing me to use my vocal cords to sing the way I’m used to,” she continued. “I have a great team of doctors working alongside me to help me get better and my precious children who are supporting me and giving me hope. I’m working hard with my support medicine therapist every day to build back my strength and my ability to perform again, but I have to admit it’s been a struggle.”

:snippity:

Céline Dion has revealed that she is living with a rare neurological disorder called stiff person syndrome (SPS) in an emotional video posted to her Instagram account on 8 December. “I’ve always been an open book and I wasn’t ready to say anything before, but I’m ready now,” the 54-year-old singer said. “I’ve been dealing with problems with my health for a long time, and it’s been really difficult for me to face these challenges … We now know [SPS] is what’s been causing all of the spasms that I’ve been having.”

“Unfortunately the spasms affect every aspect of my daily life, sometimes causing difficulties when I walk and not allowing me to use my vocal cords to sing the way I’m used to,” she continued. “I have a great team of doctors working alongside me to help me get better and my precious children who are supporting me and giving me hope. I’m working hard with my support medicine therapist every day to build back my strength and my ability to perform again, but I have to admit it’s been a struggle.”
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
mojosapien
Verified:

Post by mojosapien »

mojosapien
Verified:

Post by mojosapien »

Return to “General Stuff”