Spring forward.
To delete this message, click the X at top right.

Former WH Chief of Staff Mark Meadows and all the days of his scandals

Abandon reality, all ye who enter here. *Democracy*Under*Threat*
Kendra

Former WH Chief of Staff Mark Meadows and all the days of his scandals

Post by Kendra »

Do read the whole article. Seems swampy.

https://www.newyorker.com/news/news-des ... not-reside

bill_g
Verified: ✅ Checked Republic ✓ ᵛᵉʳᶦᶠᶦᵉᵈ

Re: Why Did Mark Meadows Register to Vote at an Address Where He Did Not Reside?

Post by bill_g »

A definite Air BnB five star accomodation. "Rustic" (literally)
AndyinPA
Verified:

Re: Why Did Mark Meadows Register to Vote at an Address Where He Did Not Reside?

Post by AndyinPA »

Weird.
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

Typical Republican voter fraud.
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
Frater I*I
Verified: ✅Verified Devilish Hyena

Post by Frater I*I »

Tiredretiredlawyer wrote: Sun Mar 06, 2022 6:01 pm Typical Republican voter fraud.
It's only voter fraud when Dems get POC to register and vote :fingerwag:
"He sewed his eyes shut because he is afraid to see, He tries to tell me what I put inside of me
He's got the answers to ease my curiosity, He dreamed a god up and called it Christianity"

Trent Reznor
Tiredretiredlawyer

:oopsy: :bag:
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

https://www.latimes.com/world-nation/st ... n-question

:snippity:
Meanwhile, public records show that Meadows registered to vote in Alexandria, Va., almost exactly one year after he registered in Scaly Mountain and only weeks before Virginia’s high-profile governor’s election last fall. Republican Glenn Youngkin won the Democratic-leaning state by just under 2 percentage points.
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

State investigators asked to probe Meadows' voter registration

The North Carolina attorney general’s office has asked the State Bureau of Investigations to look into former Trump chief of staff Mark Meadows’ voter registration in North Carolina, an office spokeswoman confirmed Thursday.

The SBI was asked to “investigate alongside the State Board of Elections,” spokeswoman Nazneen Ahmed said in an email.

“At the conclusion of their investigation, we'll review the findings,” Ahmed said.

Ashley Welch, district attorney for Macon County, asked the Special Prosecution Section at the Attorney General’s Office to review the matter, Ahmed said. Meadows, also a former congressman for western North Carolina, is registered to vote in Macon County, at an address where he doesn’t live.
https://www.wral.com/state-investigator ... /20192167/
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Good.
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics ... ter-forms/
“What we do know is a number of times as we have mail-in ballots, if there is not a chain of custody that goes from the voter to the ballot box, mischief can happen.”

— Then-White House Chief of Staff Mark Meadows, in an interview on ABC’s “This Week,” July 26, 2020

This article has been updated

Three months after this interview, on Oct. 26, Mark Meadows’s wife, Debra, appeared at the Macon County community building in Franklin, N.C., and filled out a one-stop voter application to cast an early ballot in the 2020 presidential election. She also dropped off an absentee ballot that she had requested for her husband, then the White House chief of staff, an election board official said.

On her one-stop application, provided this week by the North Carolina Board of Elections to The Fact Checker, Debra Meadows certified that she had resided at a 14-by-62-foot mountaintop mobile home for at least 30 days — even though she did not live there. At the top of the form is a notice that “fraudulently or falsely completing this form” is a Class l felony.
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

But obeying the law is for little people.
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
Tiredretiredlawyer

Meadows is just trying to prove election fraud is real, especially with mail in ballots. He's a PATRIOT! :mrgreen:
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

https://www.wral.com/former-nc-congress ... /20234236/
Mark Meadows, a close adviser to former President Donald Trump, has been removed from North Carolina's voter rolls, according to the North Carolina State Board of Elections. Meanwhile, state investigators are conducting a probe into potential allegations of voter fraud related to his voter registration.

The development comes after news reports revealed that Meadows was registered to vote in September 2020 at a mobile home in Scaly Mountain, N.C., where the former owner claims Meadows never stayed.

Meadows, who served as a congressman before becoming Trump's chief of staff, is known for supporting false statements about the 2020 presidential election. On the 2020 campaign trail, he made comments seeking to discredit the mail-in voting process. Records obtained last month by WRAL News show Meadows utilized mail-in voting in 2016 and 2020.

Pat Gannon, a spokesman for the state elections board, said in a statement that Meadows was removed because he voted in Virginia in the 2021 election, thus prompting local elections officials to remove him.
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

So what else are they going to do? Like prosecute?
Phoenix520
Verified:

Post by Phoenix520 »

I don’t understand what he thought he’d accomplish, if he really did that. One extra vote for the osg? Discredit mail-in voting… after the fact? The only thing discredited here is you. Didn’t work, Mark.

This seems to me to be a teapot tempest. But if Meadows can get in trouble, I’m all for it. :lol:
Azastan
Verified:

Post by Azastan »

Phoenix520 wrote: Wed Apr 13, 2022 1:03 pm Discredit mail-in voting… after the fact? The only thing discredited here is you. Didn’t work, Mark.

Yes it did work, in the minds of the trumpers. Meadows was able to vote, and have his vote apparently count, by using a mail-in ballot. That's what he wanted to prove, and that's what he did.
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

The thing is that one vote didn't matter. Neither do 99.9999999 percent of the other fraudulent votes. Fraudulent voting as a major issue doesn't exist. As far as I know, there were five fraudulent votes found in the 2020 election in PA. All were by republicans; none of them changed anything. Biden won.

What does any one voter get out of voting illegally? Who's paying them? (I know; Soros.) On the whole, there's just nothing in it for anyone to vote illegally.
Azastan
Verified:

Post by Azastan »

You are missing the point, but whatever.

Trumpers have been told for years now that it is easy to fraudulently vote. In their minds, Mark Meadows has proven that it is indeed easy to fraudulently vote. Because he DID fraudulently vote. It doesn't matter that it was just one vote and that it didn't change the outcome. The point is that he DID fraudulently vote, just as they've been told that Democrats have fraudulently voted.

You are thinking like a logical person. You need to think like a Fox-washed government-hating racist trumper.
northland10
Verified: ✅ I'm me.

Post by northland10 »

Azastan wrote: Wed Apr 13, 2022 3:51 pm You are thinking like a logical person. You need to think like a Fox-washed government-hating racist trumper.
I keep falling into that trap as well. I'm trying to get better, uh, worse, uh. stupidlier.
101010 :towel:
Sam the Centipede

Post by Sam the Centipede »

Added to that is the RW tendency to project: they assume others are as unprincipled and stupid as they are.
Tiredretiredlawyer

Another entry into the Fogbow Lexicon: stupidlier. A very special Fogbow thank you to N10. :clap:
bill_g
Verified: ✅ Checked Republic ✓ ᵛᵉʳᶦᶠᶦᵉᵈ

Post by bill_g »

Soooo ... Meadows knew about voter fraud because he did it. Brilliant.

Next up, Meadows proves bank robbery exists, and then terrorism. Learn us Mark.
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

Whenever I see this thread trending, my only thought is..."Because he can."
Pup Dennis in training to be a guide dog & given to a deserving vet. Thx! ImageImageImage x4
Dr. Ken

Post by Dr. Ken »

Looks like 3 states: North Carolina, Virginia and South Carolina

ImageImagePhilly Boondoggle
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

de minims :twisted:

Return to “The Big Lie & Aftermath of The Former Guy”