Spring forward.
To delete this message, click the X at top right.

President Joe Biden's Joint Address to Congress! 9pm ET March 1, 2022 - State Of The Union SOTU

Let's get back to normalcy. Does normalcy fit into your schedule?
MN-Skeptic

President Joe Biden's Joint Address to Congress! 9pm ET March 1, 2022 - State Of The Union SOTU

Post by MN-Skeptic »

I chuckled at a tweet I saw. They pointed out that some Republicans will be skipping this evening's SOTU because Biden will certainly talk about Ukraine and obviously everyone will applaud then and they don't want to be part of that.
Phoenix520
Verified:

STATE OF THE UNION 2022

Post by Phoenix520 »

Luke
Location: @orly_licious With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA

Re: President Joe Biden's Joint Address to Congress! 9pm ET March 1, 2022 - State Of The Union SOTU

Post by Luke »

This is great! Jill Biden hugging the Ukrainian Ambassador spoke for so many Americans. Everybody is getting up, both sides of the aisle. At least a 10-point SOTU bump in Biden's popularity wouldn't surprise us. Biden is strong, COVID is retreating, and freedom is bipartisan. Terrific.

There's some tweaking of the GQP, it's an election year.

"We're done talking about Infrastructure Weeks, now it's Infrastructure Decade"
Lt Root Beer of the Mighty 699th. Fogbow 💙s titular Mama June in Fogbow's Favourite Show™ Mama June: From Not To Hot! Fogbow's Theme Song™ Edith Massey's "I Got The Evidence!" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5jDHZd0JAg
RVInit

Re: President Joe Biden's Joint Address to Congress! 9pm ET March 1, 2022 - State Of The Union SOTU

Post by RVInit »

Our POTUS is on fire! Oh my, I am proud.
There's a lot of things that need to change. One specifically? Police brutality.
--Colin Kaepernick
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

D211A1FE-C3F5-4879-A541-A19E01C46FB6.png
D211A1FE-C3F5-4879-A541-A19E01C46FB6.png (442.29 KiB) Viewed 1575 times
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
SuzieC
Verified:

Post by SuzieC »

:cheer2: :cheer2:

He sounds strong and forceful.

LOVE the Ukrainian ambassador sitting next to the first lady.

F off sour faced Republicans.
Lani

Post by Lani »

Well done, Mr. President!
Image You can't wait until life isn't hard anymore before you decide to be happy.
RVInit

Post by RVInit »

Amy Coney Barrett was sure sour faced when Biden talked about gay rights and women's rights.

I love how Biden is not only strongly making the case for liberal ideas and ideals, but taking back some of the ideals that Republicans cynically try to pretend are theirs - like patriotism and caring about secure borders. Yes, he actually said we need to secure our borders. But he's not talking about the cruel kind of "security" that represents the only way Republicans are capable of thinking about.

This was great. Not over long, just the right amount of talking and huge applause. He got standing ovations from Republicans for the first 1/3 of the speech.
There's a lot of things that need to change. One specifically? Police brutality.
--Colin Kaepernick
Annrc
Verified:

Post by Annrc »

Wow!
SuzieC
Verified:

Post by SuzieC »

One of the CBS talking heads (before I switched to MSNBC) said he got more bipartisan applause than any SOTU in 30 years. Probably explains why many cowardly Rs stayed away. Although I did see MTG there looking like the Witch of the West.
raison de arizona

mtg and Boebert were both there, they both heckled at points “build the wall” “13” not sure which one it was heckling when he was talking about Beau, that was pretty classless.

Great speech! I was in and out dealing with kid things, look forward to seeing any highlights I missed.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Phoenix520
Verified:

Post by Phoenix520 »

I half heard something that sounded like white trash stuck in someone’s throat but I couldn’t believe either one of those deplorable bitches would dare say ANYTHING about Beau. I thought I’d misheard.

Not too bright, ain’t they?
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

Phoenix520 wrote: Tue Mar 01, 2022 10:51 pm I half heard something that sounded like white trash stuck in someone’s throat but I couldn’t believe either one of those deplorable bitches would dare say ANYTHING about Beau. I thought I’d misheard.

Angry thought it was Boebert but most think it was MTG.
raison de arizona

pipistrelle wrote: Tue Mar 01, 2022 10:57 pm
Phoenix520 wrote: Tue Mar 01, 2022 10:51 pm I half heard something that sounded like white trash stuck in someone’s throat but I couldn’t believe either one of those deplorable bitches would dare say ANYTHING about Beau. I thought I’d misheard.

Angry thought it was Boebert but most think it was MTG.
Eric Swawell said it was mtg fwiw.
Estiveo
Verified:

Post by Estiveo »

Such dignified, classy, behavior...
Estiveoshot_20220301_213340.jpg
Reminds me of...
Estiveoshot_20220301_213558.jpg
Can flinging their own poo be far off?
Image Image Image Image
raison de arizona

Jenna Ellis, asking the real questions.
Jenna Ellis @JennaEllisEsq wrote: Why is Kamala in a brown suit?? 🤮
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

After the SOTU Biden slowly walked back up the aisle greeting people, taking selfies, signing autographs. Such a contrast from his predecessor. :biggrin:
“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
busterbunker

Post by busterbunker »

Last couple years, I've got real good at multi-tasking, so I was listening to Biden in my right ear and City Council in my left ear while working on my computer in the middle. The Biden thing seemed reasonably genteel, but all politics are local so I was probably a little left ear dominant. Speachifiers speachifying. I heard someone yell out, thanks for clearing that up, there's always one problem kid in every class, best to ignore them. I can hardly pay attention anyhow.

Here's how I'd reach out. Everyone knows the price of gas is going up, but what about the threat to the price of beer? They say that the Ukraine exports a lot of barley,. It's like their second biggest export after spam and hacking. Am I drinking any of that crap? I hope not, it's radioactive Chernobyl mutant barley. I didn't even know Chernobyl was part of the Ukraine, I thought that was part of the Dumbass region of Russia.

Don't fuck with beer. Preach to the middle. Keep it simple.
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: as seen on qvc zombie apocalypse

Post by Foggy »

Yeah, I was gonna say I missed it because I think I jinx these things after what happened with W4, but radioactive Chernobyl mutant barley sounds much better. I'm goin' with that one.

:whisper: W4 came to visit Leghorn Chickencoop for dinner and the first debate with Mitt Rmoney, the only one I ever watched from start to finish and the only one anybody ever said Obama lost. I can't be responsible for that happening to Joe.

Sounds like he hit it out of the park. Good. :oldman:
Out from under. :thumbsup:
Luke
Location: @orly_licious With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA

Post by Luke »

:lol: busterbunker, this post is epic, this made me laugh so hard:
They say that the Ukraine exports a lot of barley,. It's like their second biggest export after spam and hacking.
Def sending this to some friends in the administration later. You're an Oracle.
busterbunker wrote: Wed Mar 02, 2022 1:45 am Last couple years, I've got real good at multi-tasking, so I was listening to Biden in my right ear and City Council in my left ear while working on my computer in the middle. The Biden thing seemed reasonably genteel, but all politics are local so I was probably a little left ear dominant. Speachifiers speachifying. I heard someone yell out, thanks for clearing that up, there's always one problem kid in every class, best to ignore them. I can hardly pay attention anyhow.

Here's how I'd reach out. Everyone knows the price of gas is going up, but what about the threat to the price of beer? They say that the Ukraine exports a lot of barley,. It's like their second biggest export after spam and hacking. Am I drinking any of that crap? I hope not, it's radioactive Chernobyl mutant barley. I didn't even know Chernobyl was part of the Ukraine, I thought that was part of the Dumbass region of Russia.

Nan Hayworth and I found common ground (maybe) :P

Nan and Me.JPG
Nan and Me.JPG (67.04 KiB) Viewed 1297 times
Lt Root Beer of the Mighty 699th. Fogbow 💙s titular Mama June in Fogbow's Favourite Show™ Mama June: From Not To Hot! Fogbow's Theme Song™ Edith Massey's "I Got The Evidence!" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5jDHZd0JAg
Luke

Post by Luke »

WaPo said it was BoBo.
Rep. Lauren Boebert heckles Biden as he talks about his late son during the State of the Union
By Andrea Salcedo Today at 7:48 a.m. EST

Democrats and Republicans in Washington at times displayed unity as President Biden addressed the nation at his first State of the Union on Tuesday night. Members of both parties stood to applaud the Ukrainian ambassador and Biden’s announcement that U.S. airspace would close to Russian planes. But sharp divides between the parties were evident, too, including when the president brought up his late son, Beau Biden, an Iraq War veteran who died of brain cancer in 2015. President Biden on Tuesday called on Congress to pass legislation to aid veterans exposed to toxins while serving in Iraq and Afghanistan — a problem he said leads to cancers “that would put them in a flag-draped coffin.”

He was then interrupted by Rep. Lauren Boebert (R-Colo.), who yelled, “You put them there. Thirteen of them!” Boebert appeared to be referencing the 13 troops killed in a suicide attack last year during the final days of the chaotic U.S. withdrawal from Afghanistan. “One of those soldiers was my son, Major Beau Biden,” the president continued. Biden has, for years, expressed that his son’s death might have been caused by exposure to toxins while he served in Iraq and Kosovo. Beau Biden was an officer in the Army National Guard. Democrats immediately booed Boebert, and one of them shouted, “Kick her out!” Neither Boebert nor the White House responded to messages from The Washington Post following the incident.

The outburst was not the only tense moment of the night. Some in the chamber — including Boebert and Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene (R-Ga.) — seemed to mock the president as he went on with his speech. Both laughed at some lines, uttered retorts and live-tweeted the event. “Here’s another way to fight inflation,” Boebert wrote on Twitter. “Resign.” She later tweeted, “You fired our troops. Don’t ever act like you support them.”

The Colorado Republican, who wore a black shawl with the words “Drill Baby Drill” on the back, wrote at least 50 tweets lambasting Biden throughout his speech. The attire referenced her support of increased drilling for petroleum and gas — a stance she has tweeted about in the past and a 2008 Republican campaign slogan.

Greene also critiqued Biden’s speech in several tweets. “Joe Biden wants us to tackle ‘mental health.’ I agree. We must start with the presidency,” Greene wrote. By the end of the address, Boebert tweeted, “When Biden said flag draped coffins I couldn’t stay silent. I told him directly he did it. He put 13 in there. Our heroic servicemen and women deserve so much better.”

When Biden said flag draped coffins I couldn't stay silent. I told him directly he did it. He put 13 in there. Our heroic servicemen and women deserve so much better.
— Lauren Boebert (@laurenboebert) March 2, 2022
raison de arizona

Yeah, Boebert tweeted claiming it was her disparaging Beau as well. I think Swalwell was mistaken.

Both of them were shouting out at various points, acting like idiots, though.
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

I've never figured out how Afghanistan was Biden's fault.
raison de arizona

RVInit wrote: Tue Mar 01, 2022 10:12 pm Amy Coney Barrett was sure sour faced when Biden talked about gay rights and women's rights.
You weren't the only one that noticed that.
Ally Sammarco @Ally_Sammarco wrote: Amy Coney Barrett is very upset about LGBTQ people having equal rights

Return to “Biden Administration”