Vladimir Putin

Slim Cognito
Verified:

Re: Vladimir Putin

Post by Slim Cognito »

W. Kevin Vicklund wrote: Thu Mar 17, 2022 10:16 pm Anyone know Russian and happen to have built up an immunity to iocane?
:clap:
My Crested Yorkie, Gilda and her amazing hair.

ImageImageImage x4
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

Has Putin gone from Bond-level super genius villain to former mediocre KGB agent/socio-political climber?
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

5F74CEF8-CF07-4B67-9E51-23DEDFF87857.jpeg
5F74CEF8-CF07-4B67-9E51-23DEDFF87857.jpeg (203.74 KiB) Viewed 1476 times
Chilidog

Post by Chilidog »

A Twofer
Trump tweet
Vladimir Putin said today about Hillary and Dems:
"In my opinion, it is humiliating. One must be able to lose with dignity." So true!
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

pipistrelle wrote: Sun Mar 20, 2022 12:56 pm 5F74CEF8-CF07-4B67-9E51-23DEDFF87857.jpeg
The Ukrainian people have principles.

ImageImageImage x4
Lani

Post by Lani »

Frontline has several videos about Putin. Here are some of them.

Putin's Road to War
https://www.pbs.org/video/putins-road-to-war-ggv39p/

Putin's path from the KGB to the presidency
https://www.pbs.org/video/putin-s-power-1646867672/

Putin's Revenge | Part One
FRONTLINE tells the story of how Russian President Vladimir Putin came to see the United States as an enemy — and why he decided to target an American election.
Includes video of Putin & pals celebrating the 2016 election.
https://www.pbs.org/video/putins-revenge-mzz1lp/
Image You can't wait until life isn't hard anymore before you decide to be happy.
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Like the mustache there.
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

Powerful message, especially considering the Russians' hatred for all things Nazi.

ImageImageImage x4
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

:roll:
“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

Volkonski wrote: Fri Mar 25, 2022 9:34 am

Off Topic
how did Rowling get canceled and for what?
p0rtia

Post by p0rtia »

pipistrelle wrote: Fri Mar 25, 2022 11:38 am
Volkonski wrote: Fri Mar 25, 2022 9:34 am

Off Topic
how did Rowling get canceled and for what?
I believe she has made comments that are perceived as trans-phobic.
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

She said some uncontroversial things on Gender and the Left version of the FOX outrage mob went nuts.

They are now confused becasue her twitter feed is full of Pro-Ukranian stuff and she has donated 1 million pounds to Ukranian relief. Actually in order to encourage donations she promised to "match donations up to 1 million pounds," which is the same thing but trying to get another million in the bag.

The Putin controlled Left seem to be settling on "Huh if you agree with Putin on something you should reevaluate your opinions nyuk nyuk" line. Which is stupid. I agree with Piers Morgan on Gun Control but that does not mean I'm wrong, it just means he is still an evil sanctimonious shithead.

Anyway, this just shows how skilled Putin is on using Wedge issues to divide his enemies. He is trying to get the united front against him fighting one another over bullshit issues.
Hic sunt dracones
p0rtia

Post by p0rtia »

Right, because people objecting to anti-trans-slanted comments are all controlled by Putin.

:sick:
Danraft

Post by Danraft »

p0rtia wrote: Fri Mar 25, 2022 11:52 am Right, because people objecting to anti-trans-slanted comments are all controlled by Putin.

No, not all. But the right wing channels are full of the Russian-originating divisive fodder that has then moved into less ultra-right wing areas. As usual, Russia has shown ability to shape the views of the gullible.
W. Kevin Vicklund

Post by W. Kevin Vicklund »

That "Cha-ching" you just heard was Putin depositing 1,000 rubles in Suranis's account for defending fellow transphobes.

JKR said a bunch of TERF*y things, and when given the opportunity to walk it back, doubled down and doubled down again. Also, people are becoming increasingly aware of how the goblins are an anti-Semitic trope straight out of the Protocols of the Elders of Zion (down to the movies depicting a Star of David in the wizard bank). It most recently came to a head with the most recent mobile game, which had a direct depiction of the blood libel.

*trans-exclusive radical feminist
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

Suranis wrote: Fri Mar 25, 2022 11:46 am She said some uncontroversial things on Gender and the Left version of the FOX outrage mob went nuts.
She called International Women’s Day "We Who Must Not Be Named Day” over recognizing trans rights. That's controversial. :shrug: Among other things.

I wouldn't characterize her comments over the years as uncontroversial.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
p0rtia

Post by p0rtia »

Danraft wrote: Fri Mar 25, 2022 12:27 pm
p0rtia wrote: Fri Mar 25, 2022 11:52 am Right, because people objecting to anti-trans-slanted comments are all controlled by Putin.

No, not all. But the right wing channels are full of the Russian-originating divisive fodder that has then moved into less ultra-right wing areas. As usual, Russia has shown ability to shape the views of the gullible.
1) You got that I was speaking ironically as a way to counter Suranis's quite appalling labeling of those who pushed back against Rowlings as being manipulated by Putin, right? And his giving Rowlings a pass?

2) I've read what you wrote three times, and I keep coming to you saying that some un-named group/s of less ultra-right wing areas are gullible to Russian division-making? Can you explain who you're talking about?

I mean, Russia said yesterday that Hunter Biden had funded those Ukrainian biolabs, but I don't think of that as being cleverly divisive--it's just feeding shit into his allies in the USA who are trying to topple our government. Plenty of shit out there and plenty to come.
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

One sentence and you lot go screaming off and ignore the rest of what I said. You really are properly programmed.
Definition of wedge issue

: a political issue that divides a candidate's supporters or the members of a party

Examples of wedge issue in a Sentence

Recent Examples on the Web This amendment could hopefully put a stop to anti-LGBTQ politicians using LGBTQ Americans as a wedge issue and using state law to legalize discrimination. — Claire Mccully, CNN, 15 Mar. 2022

Sudip Parikh, chief executive officer of the American Association for the Advancement of Science, the world’s largest general science organization, said it’s clear that science has become a wedge issue for many politicians. — Seth Borenstein And Hannah Fingerhut, Anchorage Daily News, 27 Jan. 2022
Why do you think Putin mentioned Rowling? It had nothing to do with Ukraine. It was totally from left field.It was to get people shouting at one another. That's using a wedge issue. He didn't have to say a damn thing about Trans rights, just mention someone famous and then on queue, people are tearing strips off one another as they fill in the blanks themselves, as they have already been loaded up with the buzz words. And anyone who points that out out is attacked as a Cassandra, becasue the important thing is *energy sucked away from opposing Putin's agenda.*

People don't realize they are being manipulated. And if that's appalling to you, good. Maybe it will force thoughts in your head. You don't want to discuss Putin's manipulative tactics because you want to feel the thrill of being outraged and attacking someone. Suddenly, Putin is gone from your mind. All that energy that could have been used for fight Putin is used to masturbate over hating me.

Russian information warfare tactics DO actually play both sides. Frequently if you see 2 sides arguing on a forum or whatever, they are both Russian Operators or even the same Russian. There's been 3 or 4 times that I have seen the same name say something and then the same account attack him over what he just said, becasue the Russian forgot to change accounts when larping arguing, planting the seeds of people using thse words to attack one another. What the Russians want to do is cause chaos, weaken the society of their enemies. So ya, left wingers ARE controlled by Putin, same as right wingers.

Why do you think the Bernie fans are spouting pro-russian bullshit now? Left wing channels are full of "give Putin an off ranp" "Its the wests fault" "Ukranians are Nazis!" "this is a war for the New World Order." Their inluencers are pumping the left with crap at the moment.

And seriously, if you think I'm being paid by Putin to point out that you lot are falling for Putin's wedge issue tactics then you need to watch out for any bridges you are about to buy.

-----------

The following will be the only bit of this reply people will respond to as they don't want to hear whats above, thereby showing you suddenly don't want to talk about Putin and proving my point.

And ya I'll file those people who now say Rowling is a Nazi based on her books in the same rubbish bin as those people who used to claim she was really a Wiccan based on stuff in her books. You were programmed to comb the books looking for "good stuff" when she was "good," then she had an unsanctioned opinion and suddenly you are combing her books looking for "bad stuff" becasue she is now "bad."

And the outrage industry is right there feeding you the outrage and bad stuff you want to hear, based on what they are telling you is in her books, rather than what is actually in her books. Telling you what X and Y means now that the author is an X. Gimme a break. When she becomes "good" again they will forget all about that crap and tell you that the Goblins actually symbolize the well educated Irish people who worked the administration of the British Empire and lets change the subject when that other stuff comes up.

I wouldn't mind but I didn't particularly like her books anyway. They were better than the usual adult fare where the only choice between good and evil is whether you should sleep with that guy or not, and the films were alright. It was pretty clear to me that she kinda hated the circus that developed around her books, and she really didn't care for her her more looney fans. The backlash was to be expected when people figured out she was just a human being who likes writing.
Hic sunt dracones
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

Actually I winder when the "Hah if a Transphobic Nazi like Rowling is giving Money to Ukraine, that proves they are Nazis becasue she supports them! And if they dont give back the money that proves it! Shame on Ukraine for taking money from Natzi Trannypopes!" lines will start.

Gotta love those wedge issues.
Hic sunt dracones
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

Suranis wrote: Fri Mar 25, 2022 5:08 pm Actually I winder when the "Hah if a Transphobic Nazi like Rowling is giving Money to Ukraine, that proves they are Nazis becasue she supports them! And if they dont give back the money that proves it! Shame on Ukraine for taking money from Natzi Trannypopes!" lines will start.

Gotta love those wedge issues.
I like Harry Potter and Rowling just fine. Also, she has made controversial statements that I find offensive regarding transgender issues. Also, I support and applaud her efforts to support Ukraine.

All these things can be true.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
MN-Skeptic

Post by MN-Skeptic »

SuzieC
Verified:

Post by SuzieC »

"You lot." "Masturbate to hating me." Why are you here Suranis? You are so consumed by hatred, especially for many of the women on this forum. Accusing people who disagree with you of being manipulated by Putin is perhaps the most ridiculous thing you have ever said, out of many.

I know Foggy is long time friends with you and I respect that. However, I believe that most of the women here loathe you. You are right, people hate you but masturbation? You give yourself waaay too much credit.
sugar magnolia

Post by sugar magnolia »

SuzieC wrote: Fri Mar 25, 2022 6:49 pm "You lot." "Masturbate to hating me." Why are you here Suranis? You are so consumed by hatred, especially for many of the women on this forum. Accusing people who disagree with you of being manipulated by Putin is perhaps the most ridiculous thing you have ever said, out of many.

I know Foggy is long time friends with you and I respect that. However, I believe that most of the women here loathe you. You are right, people hate you but masturbation? You give yourself waaay too much credit.
There's a reason they invented the mute button. It's probably saved me from getting banned from the board. I know it's saved my blood pressure.
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

There's a good way to disagree with other members and a bad way to disagree. Suranis, you need to figure out the first one.

ImageImageImage x4
SuzieC
Verified:

Post by SuzieC »

sugar magnolia wrote: Fri Mar 25, 2022 7:41 pm
SuzieC wrote: Fri Mar 25, 2022 6:49 pm "You lot." "Masturbate to hating me." Why are you here Suranis? You are so consumed by hatred, especially for many of the women on this forum. Accusing people who disagree with you of being manipulated by Putin is perhaps the most ridiculous thing you have ever said, out of many.

There's a reason they invented the mute button. It's probably saved me from getting banned from the board. I know it's saved my blood pressure.
Agree but I believe we should shout down the troll rather than ignore him.

Return to “Russian Invasion of Ukraine”