Spring forward.
To delete this message, click the X at top right.

Vladimir Putin

SuzieC
Verified:

Re: Vladimir Putin

Post by SuzieC »

Slim Cognito wrote: Fri Mar 25, 2022 7:41 pm There's a good way to disagree with other members and a bad way to disagree. Suranis, you need to figure out the first one.

Yes, but will he ever? It is addicted to its anger.
Estiveo
Verified:

Post by Estiveo »

Better to starve the troll rather than feed it. I put him on mute years ago due to his homophobia, casual misogyny, and his venomous defenses of the atrocities of the catholic church. Some of his nastiness & bullshit bleed through when others quote his bilious blatherings, but mostly it's blessed silence.

If you're tired of his hate speech, attacks, and complaints of victimhood when called out on his behavior, join me in hitting the mute button.
Image Image Image Image
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

Slim Cognito wrote: Fri Mar 25, 2022 7:41 pm There's a good way to disagree with other members and a bad way to disagree. Suranis, you need to figure out the first one.
I remembered that when I was accused of trying to minimize the abuse of children by quoting from the government report that listed the amount of children that had died, and no-one wanted to believe it. Nor believe that only 60% of the Reform schools in Canada were run by Catholics, and neither the good Protestant or evil Catholic Schools were worse or better than one another. A report that I was pointed at by one of the people attacking me, and which I made the sin of actually reading. And which the very person who triumphantly gave me the link to prove how evil Catholics were then said I was lying about it, becasue SHE hadn't read it.

But I actually read the report, repeated what it said, and people attacked me for it. Falsehoods when challenged only grow and the challenger becomes the bad guy.

And what am I supposed to do when people put stuff in quote marks that I never said. That makes me feel warm and fuzzy. I can see people have just stuck in what they want me to have said rather than what I actually said in this very page. Like I predicted.

And I loved it when people said I was probably a pedo because I am catholic and unmarried. Because Pedo Priests come from celibacy dontchaknow, and apparently "we all know the kind of person that would become a priest" for that reason.

Sorry, Foggy, yes that happened.

Actually, regarding that, sometimes I wonder were they trying (badly) to say that gay men become Priests to hide their Gayness and I couldn't accept it. But "gay men become priests" is the least surprising thing you could contemplate. There was a great movie about a Homosexual Priest in 1994 called "Priest," made by a Catholic Director. Of course people said it was an anti-catholic movie becasue of teh gay when they obviously never saw the movie. Sound familiar? And yes, the omggay Priest had sexysex with a man during the movie. O m g.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0110889/

So people turn Karen in zero seconds, deliberately misread what I say, lie about what I have said, claim I said stuff I never said, ascribe the foullest of motivations and accuse me of the worst crimes imaginable... I guess I cant be the angry black man when the rest of the forum can throw mud all they want, hmm?

Soooo how the hell am I supposed to respond "correctly" to all that? When the rest of the people go straight from zero to screaming Karen? Even the foul provescatholicsareevil Inquisition relied on evidence rather than making shit up about the accused. I hold my tongue all of the time.
Hic sunt dracones
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

buh bye

*block*
Pup Dennis in training to be a guide dog & given to a deserving vet. Thx! ImageImageImage x4
SuzieC
Verified:

Post by SuzieC »

Estiveo wrote: Fri Mar 25, 2022 8:07 pm Better to starve the troll rather than feed it. I put him on mute years ago due to his homophobia, casual misogyny, and his venomous defenses of the atrocities of the catholic church. Some of his nastiness & bullshit bleed through when others quote his bilious blatherings, but mostly it's blessed silence.

If you're tired of his hate speech, attacks, and complaints of victimhood when called out on his behavior, join me in hitting the mute button.
Agree Estiveo but but but....maybe it is the retired litigator in me but I can't help but get into a good argument. I think it is a shame that Fogbow, my favorite site on the Web, has its own pet troll, but I want to join in rebutting it. :resist: However, BLOCKED!!
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

Oh, and Putin's Cyber-warfare division uses wedge issues to divide the opposition and spread misinformation. Yada yada insert me repeating myself.
Hic sunt dracones
Azastan
Verified:

Post by Azastan »

Estiveo wrote: Fri Mar 25, 2022 8:07 pm Better to starve the troll rather than feed it. I put him on mute years ago due to his homophobia, casual misogyny, and his venomous defenses of the atrocities of the catholic church. Some of his nastiness & bullshit bleed through when others quote his bilious blatherings, but mostly it's blessed silence.

Yes, pot stirring just to bring the fetid stench of homophobia, misogyny, and victimhood to everyone's nostrils. I muted several months ago. Don't miss it at all.
p0rtia

Post by p0rtia »

Okay, I'm in. Blocked.
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

“But I cannot tell that to this old sinner, and I cannot comfort him either; he has made himself unable to hear my voice. If I spoke to him, he would hear only growlings and roarings. Oh, Adam's son, how cleverly you defend yourself against all that might do you good!”
― C.S. Lewis, The Magician's Nephew
Hic sunt dracones
Phoenix520
Verified:

Post by Phoenix520 »

I’m not sure why suranis isn’t allowed to have thoughts of his own. You don’t have to like them; you can argue with them or ignore them. You really don’t need to be so snotty to him.

He lives in Ireland. His cultural influences, including with the Catholic Church, are very different than yours or mine, I dare say.

I cringe every time you pile on him. Either block him or ignore him.

Go ahead, block me too. :taunt:
keith
Occupation: Retired Computer Systems Analyst Project Manager Super Coder
Verified: ✅lunatic

Post by keith »

Suranis wrote: Fri Mar 25, 2022 8:13 pm
I remembered that when I was accused of trying to minimize the abuse of children by quoting from the government report that listed the amount of children that had died, and no-one wanted to believe it. Nor believe that only 60% of the Reform schools in Canada were run by Catholics, and neither the good Protestant or evil Catholic Schools were worse or better than one another. A report that I was pointed at by one of the people attacking me, and which I made the sin of actually reading. And which the very person who triumphantly gave me the link to prove how evil Catholics were then said I was lying about it, becasue SHE hadn't read it.
What I remember from that discussion is that you several times took my head off for agreeing with you. If anyone corrected any small error or added nuance to a statement it offended you and you accused the "perpetrator" of an anti-Catholic hate crime.

I also remember a specific claim you made about the abuse scandals studies that every one of them without exception was initiated by the Catholic Church and why isn't anybody looking into 'protestant' run schools. That claim is ludicrous, of course, because the Australian Royal Commission into Institutional Responses to Child Sexual Abuse was commissioned by the Australian Federal Government and reviewed pretty much every Australian institution that had a 'stake' in child development and protection.
► Show Spoiler
But I actually read the report, repeated what it said, and people attacked me for it. Falsehoods when challenged only grow and the challenger becomes the bad guy.
I also did not read the report in total. What I read did not give me the impression that it was all about 'REFORM' schools, but Residential Schools in general. Is this right?

And what does it matter what percentage of the atrocious behaviour is perpetrated by what section of the religious or secular community. Abuse is abuse no matter who does it - it should be acknowledged and dealt with. This is not a Catholic vs non-Catholic thing - its a human thing.
Has everybody heard about the bird?
Uninformed

Post by Uninformed »

For what it’s worth; without writing a book…

I agree with both Slim Cognito and Phoenix520. Although I am not a fan of Suranis’ choice of words when trying to express his, seemingly strongly held, beliefs / point of view, I have never got the feeling that they would do anything at a personal level to harm others whatever the disagreement or circumstances. I can live with that. :smoking:
If you can't lie to yourself, who can you lie to?
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

Phoenix520 wrote: Sat Mar 26, 2022 1:48 am I’m not sure why suranis isn’t allowed to have thoughts of his own. You don’t have to like them; you can argue with them or ignore them. You really don’t need to be so snotty to him.

He lives in Ireland. His cultural influences, including with the Catholic Church, are very different than yours or mine, I dare say.

I cringe every time you pile on him. Either block him or ignore him.

Go ahead, block me too. :taunt:
My post said there's a right way and a wrong way to disagree, a statement which itself agrees that people are allowed to have different opinions. But accusing those of us who disagree of masturbating to his words, that's just wrong.
Hidden Content
This board requires you to be registered and logged-in to view hidden content.
Too also, I've never attacked Suranis for a post but he's attacked me for my opinion at least three times. Maybe he needs to block me.
Pup Dennis in training to be a guide dog & given to a deserving vet. Thx! ImageImageImage x4
p0rtia

Post by p0rtia »

SuzieC wrote: Fri Mar 25, 2022 6:49 pm "You lot." "Masturbate to hating me." Why are you here Suranis? You are so consumed by hatred, especially for many of the women on this forum. Accusing people who disagree with you of being manipulated by Putin is perhaps the most ridiculous thing you have ever said, out of many.

I know Foggy is long time friends with you and I respect that. However, I believe that most of the women here loathe you. You are right, people hate you but masturbation? You give yourself waaay too much credit.
Having already decided to take the advice of the boggle and block Suranis, and done so, I'm reading back through this kerfuffle. Wanted to say I'm so with you on your first paragraph and half way through the second, and thank you for putting it so clearly. :bighug: I do have a different nuance on the "loathe" point, as one of the women on the forum you bring up.

I don't loathe him; I loathe what he says--and particularly the abusive way he too often says it. I've developed incredible sympathy for him over the years, as he has shown us, in addition to his incredible fount of knowledge, his self-loathing and lack of a sense of self-worth. I believe, like many, I understand why he so quickly turns disagreement into a license to attack with absurd personal and erroneous accusations. I also understand why he doesn't hear people when they try try to explain why what he's doing is so offensive.

But understanding isn't the issue. He lashes out, or expresses his misogyny and other shit, and it's upsetting. Frustrating and painful. I don't hang with people who present in this way. I don't to fix them. This is what works for me. YMMV
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: as seen on qvc zombie apocalypse

Post by Foggy »

! Message from: Foggy
OK, let's try to discuss Vladimir Putin, thanks.
Out from under. :thumbsup:
neonzx
Verified: 🤩✅✅✅✅✅🤩

Post by neonzx »

The only thing I want to hear about Vlad is if has an accidental fall out a 6th story window-- which I hear happens in Russia sometimes. :shrug:
► Show Spoiler
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

neonzx wrote: Sat Mar 26, 2022 9:59 am The only thing I want to hear about Vlad is if has an accidental fall out a 6th story window-- which I hear happens in Russia sometimes. :shrug:
Tea is good too.
filly

Post by filly »

pipistrelle wrote: Sat Mar 26, 2022 2:16 pm
neonzx wrote: Sat Mar 26, 2022 9:59 am The only thing I want to hear about Vlad is if has an accidental fall out a 6th story window-- which I hear happens in Russia sometimes. :shrug:
Tea is good too.
Agreed. A fall from a window is too quick. Karma demands he die a slow and painful death.
tek

Post by tek »

filly wrote: Sat Mar 26, 2022 3:25 pm Agreed. A fall from a window is too quick. Karma demands he die a slow and painful death.
IMHO, he needs to share a cell with Ted Cruz.
Ben-Prime
Verified: ✅MamaSaysI'mBonaFide

Post by Ben-Prime »

filly wrote: Sat Mar 26, 2022 3:25 pm
pipistrelle wrote: Sat Mar 26, 2022 2:16 pm
Tea is good too.
Agreed. A fall from a window is too quick. Karma demands he die a slow and painful death.
I mean, it does happen that he might fall out of the window several times, right?
But the sunshine aye shall light the sky,
As round and round we run;
And the truth shall ever come uppermost,
And justice shall be done.

- Charles Mackay, "Eternal Justice"
Ben-Prime

Post by Ben-Prime »

tek wrote: Sat Mar 26, 2022 5:50 pm
filly wrote: Sat Mar 26, 2022 3:25 pm Agreed. A fall from a window is too quick. Karma demands he die a slow and painful death.
Fine. Fall out of a window *several time* and land in a cell with Ted Cruz. But that's as far as we can stretch this reasonably, I think. :)

Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

How about he lands in a cell ON Ted Cruz?
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

Ben-Prime wrote: Sat Mar 26, 2022 6:58 pm
Fine. Fall out of a window *several time* and land in a cell with Ted Cruz. But that's as far as we can stretch this reasonably, I think. :)
Ted Cruz, MTG, Boebert, and Cawthorn.
Ben-Prime

Post by Ben-Prime »

pipistrelle wrote: Sat Mar 26, 2022 7:00 pm
Ben-Prime wrote: Sat Mar 26, 2022 6:58 pm

Ted Cruz, MTG, Boebert, and Cawthorn.
Are co-ed cells a thing? Although, I do find it funny to wonder that if the 5 of them were in a cell, who would be the alpha? I'm pretty much ruling out Cawthorn and Cruz. So that leaves Putin or one of the ladies. Who takes everyone else's commisary money and cigarettes?

Phoenix520
Verified:

Post by Phoenix520 »

Greene. She’s the alpha male.

Return to “Russian Invasion of Ukraine”