Spring forward.
To delete this message, click the X at top right.

Sanctions and Support

pipistrelle

Sanctions and Support

Post by pipistrelle »

Suranis wrote: Sat Oct 01, 2022 12:25 pm Ugly ass boat. Probably designed to go into a smaller berth while still having lots of floor space.
That was my reaction. I'd want something sleek.

If we buy it, how do we pay the crew?
neonzx
Verified: 🤩✅✅✅✅✅🤩

Sanctions and Support

Post by neonzx »

That boat doesn't work for me. :nope: No helipad for my chopper.
Ben-Prime
Verified: ✅MamaSaysI'mBonaFide

Sanctions and Support

Post by Ben-Prime »

Off Topic
Foggy wrote: Sat Oct 01, 2022 12:52 pm
Tiredretiredlawyer wrote: Sat Oct 01, 2022 12:10 pm You're gonna need a bigger bathtub.
I need to be able to stand up in my bathtub. :?
Use one of the bathtubs on the boat? Then it's like an infinitely recursive bathtub.
But the sunshine aye shall light the sky,
As round and round we run;
And the truth shall ever come uppermost,
And justice shall be done.

- Charles Mackay, "Eternal Justice"
johnpcapitalist
Verified: ✅ Totally legit!

Sanctions and Support

Post by johnpcapitalist »

Tiredretiredlawyer wrote: Sat Oct 01, 2022 9:33 am I've been deeply concerned that JPC was forced to sell his yacht because of the falling stock values in Trump Social.

This yacht is for sale and we (the Fogbow "we") should be able to pick this baby up for a coupla greenbacks. :biggrin: JPC has probably been notified of the sale by the yacht broker.
I did see this one up for sale. Typical Russian lack of class. The thing looks like it's fiberglass and it looks topheavy enough to roll over in three foot seas. The one I hocked to buy Truth Social stock was a little larger and was actually made of steel. So I won't be buying this when I call in all the winnings on Truth Social stock.

Actually, I wonder how many Street people shorted that particular turd. I probably would have back in the day.
humblescribe
Verified:

Sanctions and Support

Post by humblescribe »

pipistrelle wrote: Sat Oct 01, 2022 1:25 pm
Suranis wrote: Sat Oct 01, 2022 12:25 pm Ugly ass boat. Probably designed to go into a smaller berth while still having lots of floor space.
That was my reaction. I'd want something sleek.

If we buy it, how do we pay the crew?
We start a grift on GoFundMe and call it something catchy like "Win a six-day, seven-night stay aboard this beautiful yacht formerly owned by an influential member of President Trump's inner circle."
"Some cause happiness wherever they go; others whenever they go." O. Wilde
Volkonski
Verified:

Sanctions and Support

Post by Volkonski »

“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Sanctions and Support

Post by RTH10260 »

They will need them to keep the surrendering Russian soldiers from freezing to death. I still have to read that the Russian army has been preparing for a winter campaign.
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: as seen on qvc zombie apocalypse

Sanctions and Support

Post by Foggy »

Oh man, Germany giving winter uniforms ... funny, when the Germans tried to capture Moscow in the winter of '41 - '42, they wouldn't give their own troops winter uniforms, as an incentive program, supposedly. "You'll warm up in Moscow," they were told. They never got there.
Out from under. :thumbsup:
Ben-Prime
Verified: ✅MamaSaysI'mBonaFide

Sanctions and Support

Post by Ben-Prime »

Foggy wrote: Mon Oct 10, 2022 7:25 am Oh man, Germany giving winter uniforms ... funny, when the Germans tried to capture Moscow in the winter of '41 - '42, they wouldn't give their own troops winter uniforms, as an incentive program, supposedly. "You'll warm up in Moscow," they were told. They never got there.
Well, I mean, in fairness, Germany still hasn't given out uniforms to INVADE Russia, accordingly.
But the sunshine aye shall light the sky,
As round and round we run;
And the truth shall ever come uppermost,
And justice shall be done.

- Charles Mackay, "Eternal Justice"
Volkonski
Verified:

Sanctions and Support

Post by Volkonski »

Exxon fully withdraws from Russia after Putin seizes assets

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/exxon-exit ... 1-project/
Exxon Mobil on Monday said it has fully exited Russia, with the energy giant saying that President Vladimir Putin had expropriated its assets in the country and "unilaterally terminated" the company's Sakhalin-1 oil project.

"With two decrees, the Russian government has unilaterally terminated our interests in Sakhalin-1, and the project has been transferred to a Russian operator," an Exxon Mobil spokeswoman said.

She didn't disclose whether Exxon received compensation for the assets, but added that Exxon plans to reserve its legal rights under international law and its production-sharing agreement to pursue remedies.

Russia's move to seize Exxon's assets come after seven months of negotiations over a transfer of the company's stake in the Sakhalin-1 project, according to Reuters, which first reported on Exxon's move to complete its withdrawal from the country.

This will deprive Russia of Exxon Mobil's proprietary technology.
“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
Volkonski
Verified:

Sanctions and Support

Post by Volkonski »

Lani

Sanctions and Support

Post by Lani »

Lani wrote: Sun Mar 27, 2022 6:55 am
sugar magnolia wrote: Sun Mar 27, 2022 6:30 am
Lani wrote: Sun Mar 27, 2022 2:54 amWe're chatting a bit....

I just checked on Marina. Still alive in Ukraine. Still doing bead work on Etsy. "Thank you for choosing my tiny shop in such a hard time!
You stand with Ukraine and make us stronger."
Image You can't wait until life isn't hard anymore before you decide to be happy.
MN-Skeptic

Sanctions and Support

Post by MN-Skeptic »

National Security Division, U.S. Dept of Justice
@DOJNatSec

Former Special Agent in Charge of the FBI New York Counterintelligence Division Charged with Violating U.S. Sanctions on Russia

A Russian Court and Government Interpreter Also Charged with Violating U.S. Sanctions on Russia
Former Special Agent in Charge of the FBI New York Counterintelligence Division Charged with Violating U.S. Sanctions on Russia
RTH10260

Sanctions and Support

Post by RTH10260 »

justice.gov excerpt wrote:In 2021, McGonigal and Shestakov conspired to provide services to Deripaska, in violation of U.S. sanctions imposed on Deripaska in 2018. Specifically, following their negotiations with an agent of Deripaska, McGonigal and Shestakov agreed to and did investigate a rival Russian oligarch in return for concealed payments from Deripaska. As part of their negotiations with Deripaska’s agent, McGonigal, Shestakov and the agent attempted to conceal Deripaska’s involvement by, among other means, not directly naming Deripaska in electronic communications, using shell companies as counterparties in the contract that outlined the services to be performed, using a forged signature on that contract and using the same shell companies to send and receive payment from Deripaska.
Volkonski
Verified:

Sanctions and Support

Post by Volkonski »

Bloomberg: US prepares 200% tariff on Russian-made aluminum

https://kyivindependent.com/news-feed/b ... e-aluminum
As Russia’s full-scale war nears its one-year mark, the U.S. has reportedly been considering the decision for months.

Bloomberg noted that there have been concerns in the Biden administration regarding the potential “collateral damage” of such a decision on U.S. industries, such as aerospace and automobiles.

Russia is the second-largest aluminum producer in the world after China and traditionally constitutes 10% of aluminum imports to the U.S. The move would effectively end Russian-made aluminum imports to the U.S.

U.S. President Joe Biden reportedly has yet to approve the decision.
Volkonski
Verified:

Sanctions and Support

Post by Volkonski »

Ukraine War Bulletins and News
@SocraticEthics@mastodon.online
⚠️🇨🇳🇦🇪🇹🇷Russia appears to be successfully circumventing sanctions and exporting technology needed for war against Ukraine, – Bloomberg. Thanks to exports from China, the UAE, Turkey, and Kazakhstan, Moscow obtains microcircuits and integrated circuits from the European production. The data show that the real impact of sanctions in some areas does not yet live up to expectations (more) #Ukraine #News #Invasion #Russia #Turkey #China #UAE #9yearsOfWarInUkraine

https://mastodon.online/@SocraticEthics ... 5115905932
Volkonski
Verified:

Sanctions and Support

Post by Volkonski »

EU Imposes Sanctions For Violence Against Women

https://www.barrons.com/news/eu-imposes ... n-a24eecee
The European Union on Tuesday imposed sanctions ahead of International Women's Day against officials from six countries, including Russia and Afghanistan, for violence and rights abuses against women.

According to a document seen by AFP, nine individuals and three official entities have been added to sanctions lists, subject to visa bans and the freezing of any assets held in the EU.

The sanctions target two Moscow police officers, Lieutenant Colonel Alexander Fedorinov and his subordinate Ivan Ryabov, who are accused of ordering the arrest and torture of female anti-war protesters.

Also named are Russian special forces commander Major General Nikolai Kuznetsov and tank commander Colonel Ramil Ibatullin, whose units are accused of systematic acts of rape and sexual violence in Ukraine.

From Afghanistan, the Taliban minister for higher education Neda Mohammad Nadeem and the minister for the propagation of virtue and the repression of vice, Muhammad Khalid Hanafi, are also listed.

The former is accused of depriving women of education and the second of "curbing their freedom of speech and expression, and inflicting harsh punishments and violence on those who do not respect the Taliban's edicts."
Dave from down under

Sanctions and Support

Post by Dave from down under »

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2023-03-08/ ... /102066980

New intelligence reviewed by US officials suggests a "pro-Ukraine group" — likely comprised of Ukrainians or Russians — attacked the Nord Stream gas pipelines in September, but there are no firm conclusions, the New York Times has reported.

Key points:
The US intelligence review suggested those who carried out the attacks opposed Russian President Vladimir Putin
German media reports suggest authorities were able to identify the boat used for the sabotage operation in the Baltic Sea
Russia last month gave the UN Security Council a draft resolution demanding establishment of an international, independent investigation

There was no evidence that Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelenskyy or other Ukrainian government officials were behind the attacks which spewed natural gas into the Baltic Sea, the newspaper reported on Tuesday local time, citing US officials.

Reuters could not independently verify the New York Times report.

The explosions on September 26 last year, which destroyed the pipelines connecting Russia and Germany, occurred in the exclusive economic zones of Sweden and Denmark.

Both countries have concluded the blasts were deliberate, but have not said who might be responsible.

The US and NATO have called the pipeline attacks "an act of sabotage", while Moscow has blamed the West.

Neither side has provided evidence.
Volkonski
Verified:

Sanctions and Support

Post by Volkonski »

Russia Imposes Sanctions On 144 Citizens Of Estonia, Latvia, And Lithuania

https://www.rferl.org/a/russia-sanction ... 10832.html
Russia has imposed sanctions on 144 citizens of Estonia, Latvia, and Lithuania -- three EU and NATO member states that have been among the strongest backers of Ukraine since Russia launched its ongoing unprovoked invasion in February 2022. The Russian Foreign Ministry said in a statement on March 9 that the move is a response to the three Baltic states' "lobbying for sanctions and other measures against Russia, interference in our internal affairs, and inciting Russophobic moods."
W. Kevin Vicklund

Sanctions and Support

Post by W. Kevin Vicklund »

Here's the Estonian, Latvian, and Lithuanian response to Russia's gross misconduct:

:girlbutt: :girlbutt: :girlbutt: :girlbutt:
:girlbutt: :girlbutt: :girlbutt: :girlbutt: x 12
:girlbutt: :girlbutt: :girlbutt: :girlbutt:
AndyinPA
Verified:

Sanctions and Support

Post by AndyinPA »

On our noon news today, they said that our area's premier chocolate candy maker will not have jelly beans this year. Sarris makes really soft, tasty jelly beans. Their pectin and starch comes from Ukraine. That's most of the jelly bean. No licorice jelly beans. :crying:

Apparently, they tried substituting last year, and it was not pretty.
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
Volkonski
Verified:

Sanctions and Support

Post by Volkonski »

AndyinPA wrote: Thu Mar 16, 2023 1:13 pm On our noon news today, they said that our area's premier chocolate candy maker will not have jelly beans this year. Sarris makes really soft, tasty jelly beans. Their pectin and starch comes from Ukraine. That's most of the jelly bean. No licorice jelly beans. :crying:

Apparently, they tried substituting last year, and it was not pretty.
:( I don't eat much candy these days but when I did, licorice jelly beans were one of my favorites. Licorice anything actually.
AndyinPA
Verified:

Sanctions and Support

Post by AndyinPA »

:thumbsup:
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
Phoenix520
Verified:

Sanctions and Support

Post by Phoenix520 »

I have a couple of flavors I don’t like anymore due to emotional association. Root beer and licorice anything, are some. They’re associated with my grandmother. I was staying with her while my 6 mo. brother had double pneumonia. She had a massive stroke while I was at church and was gone before I got home. :crying:
RTH10260

Sanctions and Support

Post by RTH10260 »

UK style:

Return to “Russian Invasion of Ukraine”