Spring forward.
To delete this message, click the X at top right.

Russia Invades Ukraine

Danraft

Re: Russia Invades Ukraine

Post by Danraft »

:notlistening:

Worth a read. Russia has deployed useful anti-drone tech with tremendous impact.
Ben-Prime
Verified: ✅MamaSaysI'mBonaFide

Post by Ben-Prime »

But the sunshine aye shall light the sky,
As round and round we run;
And the truth shall ever come uppermost,
And justice shall be done.

- Charles Mackay, "Eternal Justice"
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

Danraft wrote: Mon Jul 04, 2022 12:29 am :notlistening: https://twitter.com/washtimes/status/1543805572281036800?s=21&t=SQuZgWn3i4S3mIm_vk8Eww

Worth a read. Russia has deployed useful anti-drone tech with tremendous impact.
Odd that the Moonies would be believing what Russia is saying. (snark)
Hic sunt dracones
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

Putin is backing off from an immediate confrontation over NATO expansion.
“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
Dave from down under

Post by Dave from down under »

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2022-07-07/ ... /101215828

A French documentary revealed a nine-minute phone call between French President Emmanuel Macron and his Russian colleague President Vladimir Putin, just four days before the invasion of Ukraine.

Key points:
During the call, Mr Putin suggested negotiations with pro-Russian separatists
Mr Macron offered to organise a summit with US President Joe Biden
The call ended with Mr Macron telling the Russian President to stay in touch
The leaking of the fiery conversation, in French and Russian, sparked a reaction from Russian Foreign Minister Sergei Lavrov, who said that "diplomatic etiquette does not provide for unilateral leaks of [such] recordings".

The documentary, titled A President, Europe and War, was televised on channel France 2 and revealed a tense exchange between the two world leaders.

In the call, which is said to have taken place on February 20, Mr Macron blows up after Mr Putin suggests that France should negotiate with pro-Russian separatists in Ukraine.

"I don't know where your lawyer learned the law," the French President said, audibly agitated.

He continued: "And I don't know what lawyer could tell you that in a sovereign country legislation is proposed by separatist groups and not by the democratically elected authorities."

Mr Putin replied that the Ukrainian government was not democratically elected.

"They came to power in a bloody coup. There were people burned alive. It was a blood bath and (Ukrainian President Volodymyr) Zelenskyy is one of those responsible."

Mr Putin continued: "Listen to me carefully. The principle of dialogue is to take into account the interests of the other party. The proposals do exist.

"The separatists, as you call them, forwarded them to the Ukrainians, but they did not receive any response.

"Where is the dialogue?"

Mr Macron, who later on suggested a summit in Geneva with US President Joe Biden, did not gain any traction, with Mr Putin admitting he was planning on playing some ice hockey and was in the gym during the conversation.

The intense nine-minute conversation came to an end with Mr Macron suggesting to stay in touch. "As soon as there is something, you call me."

To which Mr Putin concluded the conversation by thanking the President in French.
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

I heard on Thom Hartmann today that Malcolm Nance has returned. I think he said he will be on his program tomorrow.
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
sugar magnolia

Post by sugar magnolia »

AndyinPA wrote: Mon Jul 11, 2022 5:09 pm I heard on Thom Hartmann today that Malcolm Nance has returned. I think he said he will be on his program tomorrow.
Yes, Nance posted it on his twitter the other day and had the biggest smile. Of course, I can't find the link to it now.
Chilidog

Post by Chilidog »

meanwhile, the Russians appear to have lost another General

Gregg

Post by Gregg »

That is at least two Generals and maybe as many as four.

TO&E for a MRD would be a 3 star Commander, 2 star CofS, the other two were at least Full Colonels but possibly the Russian version of a 1 star General one or both.
Supreme Commander, Imperial Illuminati Air Force
:dog:

You don't have to consent, but I'm gonna tase you anyway.
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

John Thomas8

Post by John Thomas8 »

Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

So time to seize Kaliningrad ?
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

I don't know who I want to die first, trump or putin.
Pup Dennis in training to be a guide dog & given to a deserving vet. Thx! ImageImageImage x4
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

Slim Cognito wrote: Fri Jul 22, 2022 12:39 pm I don't know who I want to die first, trump or putin.
They can jump into the gorge hand in hand.
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

or a window?
Pup Dennis in training to be a guide dog & given to a deserving vet. Thx! ImageImageImage x4
neeneko

Post by neeneko »

Slim Cognito wrote: Fri Jul 22, 2022 12:39 pm I don't know who I want to die first, trump or putin.
Celebrity Deathmatch really needs to come out of retirement for one last special fight.
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

Volkonski wrote: Fri Jul 22, 2022 12:35 pm
Not to mention the new, newer, newest Commander of the 45th Shock Army is a corporal. :rotflmao:
Supreme Commander, Imperial Illuminati Air Force
:dog:

You don't have to consent, but I'm gonna tase you anyway.
MN-Skeptic

Post by MN-Skeptic »

FYI - The linked article is in Ukrainian.

Lani

Post by Lani »

Actually, the Russian Economy Is Imploding
https://foreignpolicy.com/2022/07/22/ru ... Picks%20OC
... Mindful of the dangers of accepting Kremlin statistics at face value, our team of experts, using private Russian-language and direct data sources including high-frequency consumer data, cross-channel checks, releases from Russia’s international trade partners, and data mining of complex shipping data, have released one of the first comprehensive economic analyses measuring Russian current economic activity five months into the invasion, with contributions from Franek Sokolowski, Michal Wyrebkowski, Mateusz Kasprowicz, Michal Boron, Yash Bhansali, and Ryan Vakil. From our analysis, it becomes clear: Business retreats and sanctions are crushing the Russian economy in the short term and the long term. Based on our research, we are able to challenge nine widely held but misleading myths about Russia’s supposed economic resilience.

This is one of Putin’s favorite and most misleading talking points, doubling down on a much-hyped pivot to the east. But natural gas is not a fungible export for Russia. Less than 10 percent of Russia’s gas capacity is liquefied natural gas, so Russian gas exports remain reliant on a system of fixed pipelines carrying piped gas. The vast majority of Russia’s pipelines flow toward Europe; those pipelines, which originate in western Russia, are not connectable to a separate nascent network of pipelines that link Eastern Siberia to Asia, which contains only 10 percent of the capacity of the European pipeline network. Indeed, the 16.5 billion cubic meters of gas exported by Russia to China last year represented less than 10 percent of the 170 billion cubic meters of natural gas sent by Russia to Europe.

Long-planned Asian pipeline projects currently under construction are still years away from becoming operational, much less hastily initiated new projects, and financing of these costly gas pipeline projects also now puts Russia at a significant disadvantage.

Overall, Russia needs world markets far more than the world needs Russian supplies; Europe received 83 percent of Russian gas exports but drew only 46 percent of its own supply from Russia in 2021. With limited pipeline connectivity to Asia, more Russian gas stays in the ground; indeed, the Russian state energy company Gazprom’s published data shows production is already down more than 35 percent year-on-year this month. For all Putin’s energy blackmail of Europe, he is doing so at significant financial cost to his own coffers.
Lots of info in a long report. I hope it's accurate.
Image You can't wait until life isn't hard anymore before you decide to be happy.

Return to “Russian Invasion of Ukraine”