Spring forward.
To delete this message, click the X at top right.

Russia Invades Ukraine

Slim Cognito
Verified:

Russia Invades Ukraine

Post by Slim Cognito »

I wonder if anyone is telling Putin about these articles. Too also, I wonder what he throws at the walls. Borscht?
Pup Dennis in training to be a guide dog & given to a deserving vet. Thx! ImageImageImage x4
Frater I*I
Verified: ✅Verified Devilish Hyena

Russia Invades Ukraine

Post by Frater I*I »

Slim Cognito wrote: Sun Dec 18, 2022 1:45 pm I wonder if anyone is telling Putin about these articles. Too also, I wonder what he throws at the walls. Borscht?
I think his preferred way is to throw people out of windows...
"He sewed his eyes shut because he is afraid to see, He tries to tell me what I put inside of me
He's got the answers to ease my curiosity, He dreamed a god up and called it Christianity"

Trent Reznor
Gregg

Russia Invades Ukraine

Post by Gregg »

Grenades into holding cells
Supreme Commander, Imperial Illuminati Air Force
:dog:

You don't have to consent, but I'm gonna tase you anyway.
pipistrelle

Russia Invades Ukraine

Post by pipistrelle »

Foggy wrote: Sun Dec 18, 2022 6:36 am
Off Topic
I am not gonna quote V's post, but look at it, two posts up from this one.

He freakin' embedded a Mastodon. And it showed up on my site as a graphic, with a thing that would be a tweet if it was somewhere else./offtopic]
Off Topic
It's a frame, which is kinda old school.
Volkonski
Verified:

Russia Invades Ukraine

Post by Volkonski »

Foggy wrote: Sun Dec 18, 2022 6:36 am
Off Topic
I am not gonna quote V's post, but look at it, two posts up from this one.

He freakin' embedded a Mastodon. And it showed up on my site as a graphic, with a thing that would be a tweet if it was somewhere else. Call it an elephant fart. I still haven't figured out the warning symbol and the flag. But he posted an elephant fart or whatever, from Mastodon.

This is twenty first century stuff, people. Don't try this back in the twentieth century, none of it works back then, not even if you have the TARDIS handy.
► Show Spoiler
Actually the embedded graphic was from Telegram. The Mastodon post by Ukraine War Bulletins and News linked to it.

By the by Ukraine War Bulletins and News posts a very large number of new posts everyday so be forewarned.
“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: as seen on qvc zombie apocalypse

Russia Invades Ukraine

Post by Foggy »

Ah. Well I expect that the phpBB extension for media embeds needs to be updated soon.
Out from under. :thumbsup:
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Russia Invades Ukraine

Post by RTH10260 »

Off Topic
Foggy wrote: Sun Dec 18, 2022 5:16 pm Ah. Well I expect that the phpBB extension for media embeds needs to be updated soon.
That will be a tricky one as Mastadon sites do not easily identify as being such.
feditips Fedi.Tips 🎄 @feditips@mstdn.social
You can embed Mastodon posts on websites.

Go to the post you want to embed, click on "..." underneath it, then select "embed".

This will give you HTML code you can paste into wherever you want to embed the post.

#MastoTips #Mastodon #FediTips #Embedding

https://mstdn.social/@feditips/107746558229070558
To be able to click the "..." one has to be signed into the site, just visiting a Mastadon instance leaves that function inactive. One needs to sign in to ones home site, and display the post there (by c&p the original post URL).
John Thomas8

Russia Invades Ukraine

Post by John Thomas8 »

John Thomas8

Russia Invades Ukraine

Post by John Thomas8 »

More tales from the front line (there's some serious GravyBoat Six idiots out there):

Dave from down under

Russia Invades Ukraine

Post by Dave from down under »

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2022-12-21/ ... /101795974

Volodymyr Zelenskyy visits front line to meet soldiers at battle sites, Vladimir Putin holds grand award ceremony in Kremlin as intense fighting continues in Donetsk

:snippity:

Meanwhile, British authorities gave a bleak assessment of how the war is going for Russia.

Some 100,000 Russian troops were "dead, injured or have deserted" in the invasion, UK Defence Secretary Ben Wallace said.

Mr Wallace didn't give a figure for Ukrainian casualties, but a senior US military recently put the estimated number of Ukrainian troops killed and wounded at about 100,000.

Losses in Russia's military command have also taken a toll, as has the destruction of equipment.

"Not one single operational commander then in place on February 24 is in charge now," Mr Wallace told the UK's House of Commons.

"Russia has lost significant numbers of generals and commanding officers.

"Russian capability has been severely hampered by the destruction of more than 4,500 armoured and protected vehicles, as well as more than 140 helicopters and fixed-wing aircraft."
John Thomas8

Russia Invades Ukraine

Post by John Thomas8 »

Dave from down under

Russia Invades Ukraine

Just listening to it now.
John Thomas8

Russia Invades Ukraine

Post by John Thomas8 »

Dave from down under wrote: Thu Dec 22, 2022 5:26 pm Just listening to it now.
All three are interesting, Joe's seen some things....things that aren't pleasant.
pipistrelle

Russia Invades Ukraine

Post by pipistrelle »

BrooklynDad_Defiant!☮️

@mmpadellan
HOLY SHIT, what a photo!
Check out the reflection. 👀
Posting the photo in case it disappears.
Attachments
fkmijgiwqbwpi-f.jpg
fkmijgiwqbwpi-f.jpg (196.46 KiB) Viewed 933 times
Dave from down under

Russia Invades Ukraine

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2022-12-24/ ... /101807104

Vladimir Putin faces legal challenge after breaking Kremlin's 'fake news' law with comments on 'war' in Ukraine

Key points:

Vladimir Putin's reference to "war" runs afoul of Kremlin laws against so-called fake news
The legal challenge isn't expected to affect the Russian president
Internal critics of Russia's war have previously faced harsh repercussions
jez
Verified: ✅ Medicated

Russia Invades Ukraine

Post by jez »

Jim sent me this. Kinda long, but interesting.

“What is better ? to be born good or to overcome your evil nature through great effort ?”

~Paarthurnax
RTH10260

Russia Invades Ukraine

Post by RTH10260 »

Place seems to have been barracks for a bataillion of 400 - 500 soldiers, Ukrainian propaganda claims this number as "killed"
Anger in Russia as scores of troops killed in one of Ukraine war's deadliest strikes

Mon, January 2, 2023 at 4:10 AM GMT+1
By Pavel Polityuk

KYIV (Reuters) - Russia acknowledged on Monday that scores of its troops were killed in one of the Ukraine war's deadliest strikes, drawing demands from Russian nationalist bloggers for commanders to be punished for housing soldiers alongside an ammunition dump.

Russia's defence ministry said 63 soldiers had died in the fiery blast which destroyed a temporary barracks in a former vocational college in Makiivka, twin city of the Russian-occupied regional capital of Donetsk in eastern Ukraine.

It said the accommodation had been hit by four rockets fired from U.S.-made HIMARS launchers, claiming two rockets had been shot down. Kyiv said the Russian death toll was in the hundreds, though pro-Russian officials called this an exaggeration.

Russian military bloggers said the huge destruction was a result of storing ammunition in the same building as a barracks, despite commanders knowing it was within range of Ukrainian rockets.

Separately, Ukraine said on Monday it had shot down all 39 drones Russia had fired in a third straight night of air strikes against civilian targets in Kyiv and other cities.

Ukrainian officials said their success proved that Russia's tactic in recent months of raining down air strikes to knock out Ukraine's energy infrastructure was increasingly a failure as Kyiv beefs up its air defences.

'EACH MISTAKE HAS A NAME'

Unverified footage posted online of the aftermath of the strike on the Russian barracks in Makiivka showed a huge building reduced to smoking rubble.

Igor Girkin, a former commander of pro-Russian troops in eastern Ukraine who is now one of the highest profile Russian nationalist military bloggers, said hundreds and been killed or wounded in the blast. Ammunition had been stored at the site and military equipment there was uncamouflaged, he said.

Another nationalist blogger, Rybar, said around 70 soldiers were confirmed dead and more than 100 wounded.

"What happened in Makiivka is horrible," wrote Archangel Spetznaz Z, another Russian military blogger with more than 700,000 followers on Telegram.

"Who came up with the idea to place personnel in large numbers in one building, where even a fool understands that even if they hit with artillery, there will be many wounded or dead?" he wrote. Commanders "couldn't care less" about ammunition stored in disarray on the battlefield, he said.

yahoo.com/news/russian-drones-attack-critical-infrastructure-031036666.html
Volkonski
Verified:

Russia Invades Ukraine

Post by Volkonski »

News
@newsbot@mstdn.social
Russia's defence ministry blamed the illegal use of mobile phones by its soldiers for a deadly Ukrainian missile strike that it said killed 89 servicemen, raising the reported death toll https://reut.rs/3VIcZpZ
“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
RTH10260

Russia Invades Ukraine

Post by RTH10260 »

re the "illegal use" - it was earlier reported that Russian soldiers were using SIM cards of Ukraine providers too. And of course the wireless network in the occupied territories is still operated by Ukraine providers (if it still works). Even connection attempts with unsupported Russian provided SIM cards leaves a log trail.
Suranis

Russia Invades Ukraine

Post by Suranis »

Crimea is probably connected to the Russian Network, but even in that case you can still detect Mobile Phones transmitting.

The Russian is probably full of shit anyway.
Hic sunt dracones
Dave from down under

Russia Invades Ukraine

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2023-01-05/ ... /101829896

Western allies have moved toward supplying armoured battle vehicles to Ukraine, but not the heavier tanks it has requested to fight Russia since the invasion back in February last year.

Key points:
France pledges to send light AMX-10 RC armoured combat vehicles to help the war effort in Ukraine
US is considering sending Bradley Fighting Vehicles to Ukraine
Russian President Vladimir Putin has sent a frigate armed with the country's latest Zircon hypersonic missile on a trans-ocean cruise

This comes as Washington predict intense combat would continue for months on the Eastern frontline.

French President Emmanuel Macron told Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelenskyy that his government would send light, AMX-10 RC armoured combat vehicles to help its war effort, a French official said on Wednesday after a phone call between the two leaders.

While the official said these would be the first Western armoured vehicles delivered to Ukraine, Australia said in October that it had given Kyiv 90 of its Bushmaster Protected Mobility Vehicles, an armoured unit that is hardened against landmines, small arms fire and other threats.

Later on Wednesday, US President Joe Biden said that Washington was considering sending Bradley Fighting Vehicles to Ukraine, a country that, since Russia's invasion in February 2022, has been fighting Europe's biggest land conflict since 1945.
John Thomas8

Russia Invades Ukraine

Post by John Thomas8 »

Volkonski
Verified:

Russia Invades Ukraine

Post by Volkonski »

Ukraine War Bulletins and News
@SocraticEthics@mastodon.online
⚠️🇷🇺 Russia plans to mobilize another 500,000 troops in January-February in addition to the 300,000 that were mobilized in October 2022 — The Guardian with reference to the Deputy Chief of the GUR Skibitskyi #Ukraine #News #War #Russia
RTH10260

Russia Invades Ukraine

Post by RTH10260 »

Who do they intend to pick? This will leave a dent in the Russian economy, both as workers as also as consumers will be missing. Not to think of the wounded that will be returned from the killing fields, will need extra care (compare to the US war veteran situation). Not to think of the brain drain that has already happened with people crossing the borders to evade the conscription. Where will they get the instructors from, that's the double of numbers reqiured over the first conscription? Where to house them, how to feed them? How will they be outfitted, reports have shown that the currrent consctiptees has WW2 aera stockpile stuff. They cannot be trained but for the basics of infantry while Russia ought to be fighting a hi-tec war.

Bad omen for a post-war Russia :(
Gregg

Russia Invades Ukraine

Post by Gregg »

I got the impression last time that Russian Basic Training now consists of telling them where to buy tampons to use to plug bullet holes and how to charge machine guns as a method of escaping the machine guns behind you.
Supreme Commander, Imperial Illuminati Air Force
:dog:

You don't have to consent, but I'm gonna tase you anyway.

Return to “Russian Invasion of Ukraine”