Spring forward.
To delete this message, click the X at top right.

American Peoples Convoy Protest

Trying to make sense of a crazy world, with limited success mostly
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: as seen on qvc zombie apocalypse

Re: American Peoples Convoy Protest

Post by Foggy »

Okay, well, it isn't even dark here! What's gonna happen when the Sun is gone?

Any more exciting, I'm gonna pretend to think about putting my clothes back on and going up to Hagerstown.

No, never mind. Ol' Wifehorn would kill me. :blackeye:
Out from under. :thumbsup:
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QsNxiG7d8xM <-- stream I'm watching. The streamer (moniker Oreoexpress) has shut up thankfully. Now lots of cars driving away. The big RV has gone. Honking in the background. Lots of rain. That's a wrap I guess.
Hic sunt dracones
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

I'm an hour or so behind live, but BURN THE JAYCO!!!
Supreme Commander, Imperial Illuminati Air Force
:dog:

You don't have to consent, but I'm gonna tase you anyway.
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

Streamer is back and congratulating himself on his coverage and how "We came through" and basically building up to another push for donations from his audience. So I turned it off. Christ, his shit got old fast.

Park is emptying out.

Ya, I agree that the police were pretty much flawless on how they handled this.
Hic sunt dracones
Foggy
Dick Tater

Post by Foggy »

And so ... correct me if I'm wrong here ... Proud Boy Santa emerged as the unquestioned leader of the convoy, and he forthrightly and proudly led them into a horrible disaster, where they have been thrown out of the only place that would even consider having them, and nobody has a place to stay tonight.

Or tomorrow.

Thank you, Proud Boy Santa. :banana:

And they can't go into our nation's capital mañana, because they all break down with mechanical problems all the time. Thanks again, Proud Boy Santa.

:loser:
northland10
Verified: ✅ I'm me.

Post by northland10 »

For those idiots who were mad at the speedway, they essentially had let these folks stay on their property for free, and appears they overlooked the payment that was supposed to happen. However, when the convoy folks started causing problems, the speedway probably decided, no more.

These folks really don't seem to be able to show any gratitude or appreciate what others have done for them.
101010 :towel:
Foggy
Dick Tater

Post by Foggy »

Shocking, isn't it? :shock:
neonzx
Verified: 🤩✅✅✅✅✅🤩

Post by neonzx »

Suranis wrote: Fri May 20, 2022 8:42 pm https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QsNxiG7d8xM <-- stream I'm watching. The streamer (moniker Oreoexpress) has shut up thankfully. Now lots of cars driving away. The big RV has gone. Honking in the background. Lots of rain. That's a wrap I guess.
Thanks so much for ruining 40-some minutes of my evening. Oreoexpress went to the speedway Pilot gas station and got booted out because a splinter convoy group didn't want any live video -- so they went back over to the Walmart where the core convey is going to bed down for the evening-- fake fire truck, ambulance, and school bus are all there.

Oreo during the drive gave an honest solid hat-tip to "antifa" for exposing a pedophile who was in their midst. :towel:
Notaperson

Post by Notaperson »

I'm slightly embarrassed to admit I'm still hanging on. :lol:

Oreo just now said: "Maybe America is weaker than we thought" and complained of how they have lots of 70-year-old women in the convoy but hardly any young men!
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

Young men (and women) are working earning money for themselves and their families. No time for convoys.

Seventy somethings may get Social Security and Medicare. They can last in a convoy until their cash for fuel runs out.

(No offense meant to most 70 somethings who get SS and Medicare. I am one myself. ;) )
“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
Frater I*I
Verified: ✅Verified Devilish Hyena

Post by Frater I*I »

LM K wrote: Fri May 20, 2022 8:09 pm
northland10 wrote: Fri May 20, 2022 8:00 pm What I'm more concerned about is LM K's possible withdrawal if this is really the end.
Me too ...
Quickly people!!! I need a 20 mil saline slow drip of monster truck rallies on ESPN 8, I pray to Cthulhu that the Ocho doesn't fail us...

N10!! Get on the organ and play some uplifting music.....What!!! I said uplifting, not Mozart's Funeral March...

FOGGY!!! Get on the horn with Soros, let him know that one of his high level Antifa operative is in peril...

Damnit people, I'm a pathetic internet commentator and not a doctor...

I'll see myself out... :bag:
"He sewed his eyes shut because he is afraid to see, He tries to tell me what I put inside of me
He's got the answers to ease my curiosity, He dreamed a god up and called it Christianity"

Trent Reznor
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

Lots of big pictures and a Ratrod interview.
The Trucker Convoy Has Given Up on DC Yet Again. We Tried One Last Time to Find Out What They Wanted.
We went to Hagerstown—and left without any clearer idea of why they drove back across the country.
:snippity:
One convoyer stood near a crossover SUV parked near five portapotties. He was from Ohio and wore harem pants, a backwards baseball cap, and wood-grain sunglasses. His car, like most of the vehicles there, was festooned with messages: the Tupac lyric “Real Eyes Realize Real Lies,” for instance, and “Coerced Prick Is Medical Rape.” He spoke in a gush of lightly fact-checked grievances about the World Health Organization (actually running the US pandemic response), Anthony Fauci (apparently under investigation), and the perhaps-apocryphal “cobra effect” that some economists cite to explain perverse incentives (I had no idea how we landed on this subject, but he did assure me that cobras could be hunted in Great Britain). Pointing to one of the slogans on his car, he likened vaccinations to “getting penetrated to keep your job.”
Others told me about their frustrations with inflation and high fuel prices. One woman from Florida, who unlike most of the people I met in Hagerstown was actually a trucker, said she’d heard diesel fuel might soon be rationed. Her banker, she said, had advised her to stockpile cash and food. She planned to stick around for a few more days but said she and her husband would soon need to get back on the road to make money.

My conversation with a man who gave his name as Ratrod will stay with me for a long time. I kept trying to ask him about his hot rod, which he explained he uses in convoy situations to encourage people to ignore red lights—”Why are you looking at the light when the sky says to go?” he asked—but he was more interested in airing his complaints about some of the live-streamers. “Everybody’s trying to make money,” he said, before demanding whether I paid taxes. When I said yes, he lectured me about how stupid I was, because I was paying for a President who “sniffs children.”
https://www.washingtonian.com/2022/05/2 ... they-want/
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Ben-Prime
Verified: ✅MamaSaysI'mBonaFide

Post by Ben-Prime »

northland10 wrote: Fri May 20, 2022 8:00 pm What I'm more concerned about is LM K's possible withdrawal if this is really the end.
Me too ...
If you feel the urge to start following random duck-and-duckling formations as they wander around ponds in the park, just go with it. Do what you gotta do to get through. It's like methadone for the soul.
But the sunshine aye shall light the sky,
As round and round we run;
And the truth shall ever come uppermost,
And justice shall be done.

- Charles Mackay, "Eternal Justice"
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

LM K wrote: Fri May 20, 2022 5:59 pm :snippity:

Grandmother's convoy!
https://youtube.com/clip/UgkxVqY_1Hvj6- ... AVtZkEENQa
:cantlook: :crying: :brickwallsmall: :brickwallsmall: :brickwallsmall:

who would want these losers in their neighbourhood :?:
RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 »

LM K wrote: Fri May 20, 2022 6:02 pm
Notaperson wrote: Fri May 20, 2022 5:58 pm
LM K wrote: Fri May 20, 2022 5:16 pm Clips worth watching! I'll share more as I get them.

They punked out and LEFT US!
https://youtube.com/clip/UgkxCCg4YMK8ft ... ewuWaMyMKR
Oh this ain't over! Sounds like most of the leaders are leaving but quite a few people are staying and are still planning to go into DC at some point. One guy says he just paid $1,300 out of his own pocket for porta-potties.

It appears a bunch are parked in the parking lot of a Home Depot only a couple of miles from my home. And no, I don't plan to run over there and introduce myself.
You are correct.

I'm not sure what to think about those at Home Depot.

https:// twitter.com/QRemedyResearch/status/1527768961655382017?t=78Zp6MzJgFcNG9gjBOrVKQ&s=19
I wonder if those PortAPotties were a prerequisite for the D.C. protest location permission he claimed to possess.
LM K
Occupation: Professor Shrinky Lady, brainwashing young adults daily!

Post by LM K »

northland10 wrote: Fri May 20, 2022 8:54 pm For those idiots who were mad at the speedway, they essentially had let these folks stay on their property for free, and appears they overlooked the payment that was supposed to happen. However, when the convoy folks started causing problems, the speedway probably decided, no more.

These folks really don't seem to be able to show any gratitude or appreciate what others have done for them.
About a week ago, a call went out for $15,000 to rent a space for the camp near DC. The money was quickly raised, and leaders announced that they had the money. Prepay was required.

But what happened? The leaders couldn't find any place to take them. They claimed it was too expensive to go elsewhere. I think most places didn't want them or raised their rates for liability reasons.

Today everyone learned that no money had been spent on rent yet. The speedway owner was charging $2,500 per week, half of what the convoy was told was needed per week.

Before today's announcement the speedway owner agreed to let convoy members stay for another 7 days. They wouldn’t be TPC, but the owner was generous. I suspect the offer was to stay for free.

Marcus announces that it's over and shit hits the fan. And the speedway owner was watching a livestream, saw everything happening in real time, and immediately called the police. She told police that everyone had to leave immediately.

The convoy is now angry and confused. They had been told that they had paid to stay at the speedway for the rest of the month. The Sheriff announced that there was no written contract and that no rent payment had been made.

"Squatter's Rights!" shouted someone. The Sheriff explained that those who stayed would be handled as needed.

Originally the group was given 45 minutes to pack up. That time was extended to 10:00 pm EST. That extra time was necessary to get the kitchen packed up.

The demands for refunds is entertaining... most of the time. One woman asked for her $8.75 back. Supporters really went after her. The woman gave money she couldn't afford to give; her husband is terminally ill.

This is a group of predators. Most of the lowest caste isn't predatory. The convoy kicks out those people pretty quickly. But there was no equitable sharing of resources in this group.

Brian came out today and told those who couldn't afford food and fuel to get home that he would make sure they're taken care of and that they get home. I hope that happens.

AJ, the kid we've all worried about, had a complete meltdown when the announcement was made. His mom was at camp, but she never pays attention to her children. AJ was standing next to Marcus, trying to get Marcus to comfort him, but Marcus turned around, entered his air conditioned RV and closed the door. The member with whom AJ bonded with the most, X-ray, had left. I don't think he said goodbye to AJ. But X-ray wasn't at camp when this went down. Once he heard the news, he didn't go back to camp. He had all of his stuff at an Airbnb in DC.
"The jungle is no place for a cellist."
From "Take the Money and Run"
RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 »

LM K wrote: Fri May 20, 2022 7:54 pm Shit is hitting the fan. Organizers are being told to leave by the convoy. Demands for financial info regarding donations is being demanded. The group is unsure if they really can stay at the speedway.

Those who donated to the convoy are demanding their money back. There is lots of begging for financial assistance by the livestreamers... who don't need it.
I liked the lady who will sue everyone, especially the leaders of the convoy! And in the background a voice: we need an audit!!!

:doh:
RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 »

Notaperson wrote: Fri May 20, 2022 10:22 pm I'm slightly embarrassed to admit I'm still hanging on. :lol:

Oreo just now said: "Maybe America is weaker than we thought" and complained of how they have lots of 70-year-old women in the convoy but hardly any young men!
He ought to be scared. Quoting Rudyard Kipling and Afghan history lesson :lol:
LM K

Post by LM K »

TPC website is gone.

Oh, and this exchange happened.

Turns out that at least half of the convoy left before the announcement was made.

But .... tomorrow's protest will double the size of the convoy. Again.
Screenshot_20220520-194904_Telegram~2.jpg
Screenshot_20220520-194904_Telegram~2.jpg (165.75 KiB) Viewed 635 times
Screenshot_20220520-194829_Telegram~2.jpg
Screenshot_20220520-194829_Telegram~2.jpg (156.45 KiB) Viewed 635 times
Screenshot_20220520-194747_Telegram~2.jpg
Screenshot_20220520-194747_Telegram~2.jpg (74.65 KiB) Viewed 635 times

As always, there will be an enormous crowd tomorrow morning.

Oh, and Chrystal is AJ's mother.
LM K

Post by LM K »

neonzx wrote: Fri May 20, 2022 9:51 pm
Suranis wrote: Fri May 20, 2022 8:42 pm https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QsNxiG7d8xM <-- stream I'm watching. The streamer (moniker Oreoexpress) has shut up thankfully. Now lots of cars driving away. The big RV has gone. Honking in the background. Lots of rain. That's a wrap I guess.
Thanks so much for ruining 40-some minutes of my evening. Oreoexpress went to the speedway Pilot gas station and got booted out because a splinter convoy group didn't want any live video -- so they went back over to the Walmart where the core convey is going to bed down for the evening-- fake fire truck, ambulance, and school bus are all there.

Oreo during the drive gave an honest solid hat-tip to "antifa" for exposing a pedophile who was in their midst. :towel:
The ambulance is still too dead to drive.

While it's hilarious, it's a little sad. The woman that owns the ambulance lives in the ambulance. Last I heard it needed $4500 for parts to repair it.
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

LM K wrote: Fri May 20, 2022 5:59 pm Grandmother's convoy!
https://youtube.com/clip/UgkxVqY_1Hvj6- ... AVtZkEENQa
Comparisons to things like "the Children's Crusade" are obvious.

And I can imagine the quality of the "we have a lot of information we have to give."
Hic sunt dracones
FiveAcres

Post by FiveAcres »

northland10 wrote: Fri May 20, 2022 8:13 pm Uh oh... Since the speedway did not kick them out earlier this week, I wonder if their increasingly erratic behavior has caused them to wear out their welcome.

I have always wondered how they thought they would do the Canada-style protest. In Ottawa, you can block off the parliament and related buildings by only blocking a few streets as those buildings are up against the river. But in DC, you can enter from all directions, with many, many roads, so blocking it off would be really, really difficult.
It's almost like the District of Columbia was designed to be difficult to occupy.
Avatar was a photo I took by Killary Fjord in 2005. Killary Fjord is in Northern Connemara, Ireland.
Foggy
Dick Tater

Post by Foggy »

Frater I*I wrote: Sat May 21, 2022 12:07 am
Me too ...
Quickly people!!! :snippity:
FOGGY!!! Get on the horn with Soros, let him know that one of his high level Antifa operative is in peril...
Nope. Here is a little known fact about LM K:

She is deadly smart and wickedly imaginative. She was one of the first people I ran across where I just thought to myself, "Thank god that woman isn't a birther, because if she was, Obama would be in REAL TROUBLE.' :o

I think I'm a fairly smart cookie, but I'm not even in the same box of cookies. She has a wonderfully supportive guy and a beautiful and ferocious kitty cat, and she's 2,500 miles from me. I love her dearly, but she's on her own. :lol:
Notaperson

Post by Notaperson »

So it's almost 10am and Oreo has been streaming for a good while. He's back at the Hope Depot parking lot. Nothing much appears to be going on. Some guy who claims he's 80 years-old is yelling about stuff.

LM K

Post by LM K »

And I though it was almost over!

:rotflmao:

Return to “Current Politics”