Spring forward.
To delete this message, click the X at top right.

American Peoples Convoy Protest

Trying to make sense of a crazy world, with limited success mostly
neonzx
Verified: 🤩✅✅✅✅✅🤩

Post by neonzx »

neonzx

Post by neonzx »

LM K wrote: Sun Oct 02, 2022 5:21 pm Joe totalled his car. Police saw the video from his livestream within an hour of the accident.

Screenshot_20221002-114138_Twitter.jpg

Screenshot_20221002-114918_Twitter~2.jpg

Joe claims the car stopped short. :liar:
Oh, well. Mr. 1strespondermedia Joe is not getting paid by insurance -- not with that video evidence.
I will not be able to sleep tonight as I am so sad for him.
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

neonzx wrote: Sun Oct 02, 2022 11:02 pm
LM K wrote: Sun Oct 02, 2022 5:21 pm Joe totalled his car. Police saw the video from his livestream within an hour of the accident.

Oh, well. Mr. 1strespondermedia Joe is not getting paid by insurance -- not with that video evidence.
Shades of Lambo in Montana. Those brake lights were visible in plenty of time. If you were, you know, paying attention.
noblepa

Post by noblepa »

neonzx wrote: Sun Oct 02, 2022 11:02 pm

Unfortunately, his insurance WILL pay off. They will also have to pay for damage to the vehicle he hit and any injuries to the passengers. Insurance does pay off, even if the accident is your fault.

This, of course, assumes that he even HAS insurance.

The insurance company will probably write him a check, and one to the owner of the other vehicle and immediately drop him as a customer.

As for the other driver stopping short: irrelevant. AFAIK, all states have a law that requires a following vehicle to keep what in Ohio is referred to as an "assured clear distance". This means that, no matter what happens, you need to be able to stop before you hit anything in front of you. That means that a rear-ender like that is just about 100 percent the fault of the following vehicle. If you hit him, you, by definition, were not keeping an assured clear distance. He was either guilty of not keeping his distance, or he was driving recklessly. Either way, it is clearly his fault.
neonzx

Post by neonzx »

noblepa wrote: Mon Oct 03, 2022 9:15 am Unfortunately, his insurance WILL pay off.
I believe you are probably right. I really expected Oreo to be the first to have a vehicle accident while live streaming and multitasking following the comments, I lost that bet with myself. :smoking:
sugar magnolia

Post by sugar magnolia »

noblepa wrote: Mon Oct 03, 2022 9:15 am

Unfortunately, his insurance WILL pay off. They will also have to pay for damage to the vehicle he hit and any injuries to the passengers. Insurance does pay off, even if the accident is your fault.

The insurance company will probably write him a check, and one to the owner of the other vehicle and immediately drop him as a customer.
Nope. Liability only insurance just covers damage to other's property, not your own. That's the cheapest insurance to get and the minimum required by law. I can't imagine he has comprehensive (or even any at all) that would cover his own damages.
noblepa

Post by noblepa »

sugar magnolia wrote: Mon Oct 03, 2022 9:35 am

Nope. Liability only insurance just covers damage to other's property, not your own. That's the cheapest insurance to get and the minimum required by law. I can't imagine he has comprehensive (or even any at all) that would cover his own damages.
You're probably right about that. We don't know what kind (if any) of insurance he had. If he DID have comprehensive insurance, which would be required by a lender (unless he owned it free and clear), the fact that the accident is clearly his fault does not let the insurance company off the hook.
sugar magnolia

Post by sugar magnolia »

Even if he has comprehensive, they still won't cut him a check. If the vehicle can be repaired the insurance company pays the repair bill directly to the mechanic or body shop that does the work. If the vehicle is totaled the lien holder gets the check.
Frater I*I
Verified: ✅Verified Devilish Hyena

Post by Frater I*I »

pipistrelle wrote: Mon Oct 03, 2022 8:59 am :snippity:

Shades of Lambo in Montana. Those brake lights were visible in plenty of time. If you were, you know, paying attention.
Lambo's issue was that he got hooked into David Hinkson's magic metal laced water bullshittery, buying into the claim that it cured his diabetes....

When they got him to the hospital his blood sugar was spiked over 300, well beyond the level for him to blackout...
"He sewed his eyes shut because he is afraid to see, He tries to tell me what I put inside of me
He's got the answers to ease my curiosity, He dreamed a god up and called it Christianity"

Trent Reznor
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

Frater I*I wrote: Mon Oct 03, 2022 5:53 pm
pipistrelle wrote: Mon Oct 03, 2022 8:59 am :snippity:

Lambo's issue was that he got hooked into David Hinkson's magic metal laced water bullshittery, buying into the claim that it cured his diabetes....

When they got him to the hospital his blood sugar was spiked over 300, well beyond the level for him to blackout...
This is the first I'm hearing this.
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

noblepa wrote: Mon Oct 03, 2022 9:15 am As for the other driver stopping short: irrelevant.
Reminder: I don't drive. In the video, I could see the vehicle was not moving and would have slowed to a stop. This guy's vehicle never slowed, almost like he wasn't paying attention.

I didn't realize until watching the one 1776's livestream that they read their YouTube livestream comments and respond to them while not exactly driving. After seeing that, it seemed amazing they hadn't been in any accidents (that I know of). Not not so amazing.
neonzx

Post by neonzx »

neonzx

Post by neonzx »

northland10
Verified: ✅ I'm me.

Post by northland10 »

neonzx wrote: Mon Oct 03, 2022 6:21 pm
Well, if I were to hear David Lament, I would rather it be either his lament of the death of Johnathan and Saul (sung by an Israeli folk/rock group) - 2 Samuel 1:17-27:

Or his lament over the death of Absalom as set by William Billings (early American music) - 2 Samuel 18:33

Or as set by Eric Whitacre (a bit later as Whitacre is younger than I am). This one takes a wee bit longer, like 17 minutes. But Whitacre is always lovely. If you can't do the whole thing (understandable, try going for 2:30... that is enough to give a nice impression of the overall work.

I watched long enough to see him vape. That is just weird. If you are making a presentation or speech, why would you do that in the middle of it? Can't it wait?

I guess he got his style from Morton Downey, Jr.
101010 :towel:
LM K
Occupation: Professor Shrinky Lady, brainwashing young adults daily!

Post by LM K »

As for the other driver stopping short: irrelevant. AFAIK, all states have a law that requires a following vehicle to keep what in Ohio is referred to as an "assured clear distance". This means that, no matter what happens, you need to be able to stop before you hit anything in front of you. That means that a rear-ender like that is just about 100 percent the fault of the following vehicle. If you hit him, you, by definition, were not keeping an assured clear distance. He was either guilty of not keeping his distance, or he was driving recklessly. Either way, it is clearly his fault.
Iirc, Joe said he dropped from comprehensive coverage to liability coverage.

Idiot.
Screenshot_20221003-180409_YouTube.jpg
Screenshot_20221003-180409_YouTube.jpg (111.03 KiB) Viewed 2370 times

I don't think Joe was wearing his seatbelt. I can't image what would have shattered his windshield like that.

Screenshot_20221003-180323_YouTube.jpg
Screenshot_20221003-180323_YouTube.jpg (91.35 KiB) Viewed 2370 times
Screenshot_20221003-180102_YouTube.jpg
Screenshot_20221003-180102_YouTube.jpg (170.06 KiB) Viewed 2370 times
Screenshot_20221003-085535_YouTube.jpg
Screenshot_20221003-085535_YouTube.jpg (204.37 KiB) Viewed 2370 times
"The jungle is no place for a cellist."
From "Take the Money and Run"
LM K

Post by LM K »

neonzx wrote: Mon Oct 03, 2022 9:32 am
noblepa wrote: Mon Oct 03, 2022 9:15 am Unfortunately, his insurance WILL pay off.
I believe you are probably right. I really expected Oreo to be the first to have a vehicle accident while live streaming and multitasking following the comments, I lost that bet with myself. :smoking:
He was in a mild fender bender while reading his livestream back in the TPC days.

YOU WIN!

I've seen EVERY livestreamer doing this when they're driving. Every goddamn one of them.
LM K

Post by LM K »

sugar magnolia wrote: Mon Oct 03, 2022 4:21 pm Even if he has comprehensive, they still won't cut him a check. If the vehicle can be repaired the insurance company pays the repair bill directly to the mechanic or body shop that does the work. If the vehicle is totaled the lien holder gets the check.
If he owns the car outright, he will get a check, but only for the blue book value of the car. He lowered the value of his car by driving it to and from the east coast ... twice. He was driving 100-200 miles most days while with TPC and 1776.

Blue book value will give you the down-payment for your next car purchase, if you're lucky.
Sam the Centipede

Post by Sam the Centipede »

Off Topic
On driving too close: law or not, it seems to be an internationally accepted principle that a driver who piles into the back of another vehicle is assumed to be at fault. I was idly reading a drivers' problem page somewhere in Yurp (Norway?, Denmark?, I don't remember) and many of the questions were about parking fines, shoddy work by mechanics, best vehicle for the buyer's needs, that sort of thing. But in the legal section, every query of the form "the other driver stopped suddenly / was stationary in a position with poor visibility / accelerated then slowed sharply, etc., how do I sue them?" received a reply from the legal eagles along the lines of "you drove into the back of another vehicle, you're at fault, case closed".

If I have to stop anywhere unexpected where an distracted driver might dozily rear-end my car, I keep an eye on my mirror and if I see another vehicle approaching at any speed I jab the foot brake a couple times to flash the little red lights to attract attention. I don't think it has ever seen it averted a collision, but it's so little effort, and it means if something bad will happen I can see it coming.
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: as seen on qvc zombie apocalypse

Post by Foggy »

Sam the Centipede wrote: Tue Oct 04, 2022 2:17 am ... it seems to be an internationally accepted principle that a driver who piles into the back of another vehicle is assumed to be at fault.
I took Driver's Education in 10th grade, in 1969 (so 53 years ago), and that was one of the first things we learned. Heck, that was probably true if'n you rear-ended somebody on a horsie.
Out from under. :thumbsup:
noblepa

Post by noblepa »

is it just me, or are these guys becoming boring?

They've always been pathetic, but lately, they are pathetic AND boring.

Where are the grand plans to bend the government and the deep state to their will? Where are the masses of patriots who are going to show up any day now?
Sam the Centipede

Post by Sam the Centipede »

noblepa wrote: Tue Oct 04, 2022 10:51 am is it just me, or are these guys becoming boring?

They've always been pathetic, but lately, they are pathetic AND boring.
Getting nostalgic for birthers, eh? They seemed to accept their duty to entertain us with their imbecilic fantasies. They were losers, but they didn't accept that, they tried in their inept, clownish way to achieve impossible aims.

But a truckerfucker livestreaming for hours with no charm, grace, endeavor? Bleeugh.
Ben-Prime
Verified: ✅MamaSaysI'mBonaFide

Post by Ben-Prime »

Sam the Centipede wrote: Tue Oct 04, 2022 2:17 am
Off Topic
On driving too close: law or not, it seems to be an internationally accepted principle that a driver who piles into the back of another vehicle is assumed to be at fault. I was idly reading a drivers' problem page somewhere in Yurp (Norway?, Denmark?, I don't remember) and many of the questions were about parking fines, shoddy work by mechanics, best vehicle for the buyer's needs, that sort of thing. But in the legal section, every query of the form "the other driver stopped suddenly / was stationary in a position with poor visibility / accelerated then slowed sharply, etc., how do I sue them?" received a reply from the legal eagles along the lines of "you drove into the back of another vehicle, you're at fault, case closed".

If I have to stop anywhere unexpected where an distracted driver might dozily rear-end my car, I keep an eye on my mirror and if I see another vehicle approaching at any speed I jab the foot brake a couple times to flash the little red lights to attract attention. I don't think it has ever seen it averted a collision, but it's so little effort, and it means if something bad will happen I can see it coming.
Hence the punchline to the old joke about the Catholic Priest accidentally driving into the bumper of the car in front of him and Officer O'Malley, responding to the scene, simply asks "And how fast would you say he was going when he backed into you, Father?"
But the sunshine aye shall light the sky,
As round and round we run;
And the truth shall ever come uppermost,
And justice shall be done.

- Charles Mackay, "Eternal Justice"
somerset

Post by somerset »

Off Topic
Sam the Centipede wrote: Tue Oct 04, 2022 2:17 am [On driving too close: law or not, it seems to be an internationally accepted principle that a driver who piles into the back of another vehicle is assumed to be at fault. I was idly reading a drivers' problem page somewhere in Yurp (Norway?, Denmark?, I don't remember) and many of the questions were about parking fines, shoddy work by mechanics, best vehicle for the buyer's needs, that sort of thing. But in the legal section, every query of the form "the other driver stopped suddenly / was stationary in a position with poor visibility / accelerated then slowed sharply, etc., how do I sue them?" received a reply from the legal eagles along the lines of "you drove into the back of another vehicle, you're at fault, case closed".

In places like Thailand, the Philippines, Indonesia, etc., the foreigner (especially the Western foreigner) is always at fault, no matter who ran into who ;)

Gregg

Post by Gregg »

Foggy wrote: Sun Oct 02, 2022 7:23 pm
Off Topic
🎶 Taste the biscuit,
Taste the goodness of the biscuit!
Taste the honey sauce,
Taste the biscuit with the honey sauce!
🎶
You're getting a little familiar there, ain't ya?

Supreme Commander, Imperial Illuminati Air Force
:dog:

You don't have to consent, but I'm gonna tase you anyway.
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

sugar magnolia wrote: Mon Oct 03, 2022 4:21 pm Even if he has comprehensive, they still won't cut him a check. If the vehicle can be repaired the insurance company pays the repair bill directly to the mechanic or body shop that does the work. If the vehicle is totaled the lien holder gets the check.
Depends on the company. When I had an accident while getting divorced, the policy was still in both our names so they wrote the check to both of us and she had to sign it before I could deposit it. I paid to get my car fixed myself.
Supreme Commander, Imperial Illuminati Air Force
:dog:

You don't have to consent, but I'm gonna tase you anyway.

Return to “Current Politics”